1.6.4 1.7.10

Tinkers Construct

Quote from Kraal

I'm not sure how the tools early game take alot of redstone. Are you trying to speed up all of your picks early game? In my opinion, it's a waste to use modifiers on tools you aren't planning to use after you upgrade to your cobalt/manyullyn/ardite stuff. Maybe except for the diamond modifier to get obsidian.

I find redstone easy to find, and I put it on all my tools for convenience. Now if we're talking Lapiz or nether stars or such, yeah, I wouldn't waste those... BUT HASTE ALL THE THINGS.
    I made this!
    mDiyo, there's just one small thing I would love to see implemented, Tinker's construct blocks being able to take Natura's wood types. they're both your mod and work nicely together, but this one (simple?) small thing really bugs me xD
    That's all, love the mod and keep up the good work, I'm definitely looking forward to putting my own armor together.
    [ no image cuz it's 128pixels high :/ ]
    Is there currently a bug with the rapiers? They seem to have unusually low damage for me. When using a manyullyn rapier, I'm only getting 7 damage.
    Last edited by matchison: 6/6/2013 3:18:41 PM
    So I noticed a lot of people wanting to get some of their materials back after making more bits and pieces than they needed.

I also was a teeny bit frustrated by not being able to get my seared brick items back from crafted/found seared brick blocks.

So, the KBI Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon is here. (Mediafire link) Just put it in your /mods folder after Tinker's Construct 1.3.4 or higher. Earlier versions may or may not work.

You can smelt down metal, obsidian, stone, and netherrack tool parts in the smeltery, and you can craft tool parts into shards in the normal crafting grid. You can also uncraft a single seared brick block into 4 seared brick items.

You can not smelt down actual built tools; that would take a bit more work than I'm able of doing. You also can't break down any other smeltery blocks except plain seared bricks.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Qwertygiy: 6/6/2013 4:05:56 PM
    Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
    KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
    Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)
    Quote from matchison

Is there currently a bug with the rapiers? They seem to have unusually low damage for me. When using a manyullyn rapier, I'm only getting 7 damage.

Rapiers were nerfed some time ago, they don't have the sprint attack anymore and their damage was reduced. However, they still ignore armor and have fast attack speed.
    Last edited by DarkLightz: 6/6/2013 4:06:37 PM
    Quote from Vyper

I recently updated Tinkers Construct a newer version (1.3.4.5) and get the following error on my server:
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: mods.tinker.tconstruct.entity.BlueSlime.func_70082_c(FF)V
    at mods.tinker.tconstruct.items.TitleIcon.spawnBossSlime(TitleIcon.java:132)
    at mods.tinker.tconstruct.items.TitleIcon.func_77648_a(TitleIcon.java:105)
    at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77943_a(ItemStack.java:126)
    at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73078_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:582)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72472_a(NetServerHandler.java:865)
    at net.smart.moving.playerapi.NetServerHandler.func_72472_a(NetServerHandler.java:42)
    at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet15Place.func_73279_a(SourceFile:58)
    at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:442)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:213)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:53)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(SourceFile:30)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:859)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:320)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:728)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:612)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

Full crash log

I have the spawning of blue slimes disabled in the config. What went wrong here?

I'm still getting this error, it crashes my server. Can I get some help please?
    Turn off blue slimes in config.
    I'm experiencing a problem with the 1.5.x version of the mod. Whenever I make a smeltery, it doesn't want to activate. What I mean by this is that a properly-built smeltery doesn't function correctly, and there is no space for items in the UI. The only time I got it to work was when I broke an ardite ore block placed in the smeltery (not the smeltery's inventory). Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and if so, can mDiyo fix it?
    Quote from DeadL0cust

Turn off blue slimes in config.

I already did that, read my post.
    Quote from ToastyToaster

I'm experiencing a problem with the 1.5.x version of the mod. Whenever I make a smeltery, it doesn't want to activate. What I mean by this is that a properly-built smeltery doesn't function correctly, and there is no space for items in the UI. The only time I got it to work was when I broke an ardite ore block placed in the smeltery (not the smeltery's inventory). Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and if so, can mDiyo fix it?

Read the very top of the main post.
    Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
    KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
    Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)
    Is there a wiki for this? Im interested in seeing about the liquid ores thing but no words on it. Or should I just take an hour and read all the tutorials?
    mDiyo,

Is there any way that you can stop the loading freezes that are caused by textures not being 'found'

and example is this:

2013-06-07 10:51:09 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/lapis_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:09 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/silk_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:10 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/quartz_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:10 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/natura/textures/items/_bowl.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:10 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/lava_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:11 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/ice_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:12 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/necrotic_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:16 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/blaze_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

Don't worry, you aren't the only modder that has these, they greatly slow down booting an instance.
    Last edited by DrRedstoner: 6/6/2013 8:29:23 PM

Give a man a fish, and he'll be fed for a day.
    Give a man a puffer fish, and he'll be fed for the rest of his life.
    Quote from DrRedstoner

mDiyo,

Is there any way that you can stop the loading freezes that are caused by textures not being 'found'

and example is this:

2013-06-07 10:51:09 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/lapis_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:09 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/silk_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:10 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/quartz_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:10 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/natura/textures/items/_bowl.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:10 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/lava_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:11 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/ice_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:12 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/necrotic_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    2013-06-07 10:51:16 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/tinker/textures/items/chisel/blaze_chisel_effect.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

Don't worry, you aren't the only modder that has these, they greatly slow down booting an instance.

Yup, for my 129 mods, it takes around 4.5 minutes before I can play.
    According to Tahg (or Vaht), on the GregTech thread, it is a Vanilla bug with the texture IO

Quote from Tahg »
    It's not the fact that textures are missing that makes it take longer, it's the fact that textures are split into individual files. This issue is actually the fault of default behavior in ImageIO and not anything specific in Minecraft. The issue is known and will be fixed in Vanilla, but no one's gotten around to fixing it in Forge yet.
    Last edited by DrRedstoner: 6/6/2013 10:52:22 PM

Quote from Kraal

You're welcome. =)

Your fix worked here too :) Sat there scratching my head for half an hour, quit standing next to it facing my smeltery, made the config tweak, and when I loaded in I was staring at a working controller. Woo.

So thank you sir. :)
    Quote from Qwertygiy

So I noticed a lot of people wanting to get some of their materials back after making more bits and pieces than they needed.

I also was a teeny bit frustrated by not being able to get my seared brick items back from crafted/found seared brick blocks.

So, the KBI Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon is here. (Mediafire link) Just put it in your /mods folder after Tinker's Construct 1.3.4 or higher. Earlier versions may or may not work.

You can smelt down metal, obsidian, stone, and netherrack tool parts in the smeltery, and you can craft tool parts into shards in the normal crafting grid. You can also uncraft a single seared brick block into 4 seared brick items.

You can not smelt down actual built tools; that would take a bit more work than I'm able of doing. You also can't break down any other smeltery blocks except plain seared bricks.

Enjoy!

You sir, are epic. Not mDiyo epic, as I'm sure you can understand :P. But nonetheless epic!
    Cheers, Optical - Yami no Yami!
    - Is it not better to be yourself, than to be reforged anew, wherein lies, hate, and guilt are contained, ready to erupt at any moment?
    mDiyo,
    Is it possible that you add a 'salvaging' option to the tool makerer. It would be nice if we could rip at least half of our lapis off a pick to repurpose it.
    Thanks,
    DrRed

ps; How do you rename tools? I can't seem to get it to work except in the anvil.

Quote from Qwertygiy

Enjoy!
    I really hope you're making your own forum page for that! Awesome anyway.
    Quote from Matakor

I really hope you're making your own forum page for that! Awesome anyway.

I don't find it enough of an addon to make a totally new thread for it, but I've put it up in the bottom of my other current mod thread, which is in my signature.

I may give it its own thread once I add a few more features, like adding TConstruct Aluminum to GregTech OreDictionary terms, melting down GregTech/Universal Electricity plates, melting both regular dusts and GregTech tiny dusts...

EDIT: I've also come across a really minor mistake in the language file. The ancient Greek purple copper alloy is named Hepatizon, not Heptazion.
    Last edited by Qwertygiy: 6/7/2013 8:44:05 AM
    Since this mod is a replacement of infitools, shouldn't this mod also remove the dependency of wood too?

Just popped into my mind
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes