1.6.4 Forge

Magical Crops - Farm your resources! [3.2.0] Now with less unicorns!

I'm probably the only one asking for this, but is there any way to get a config option to change the textures to a lower resolution or a more vanilla look? I'm not trying to be insulting and I can tell a lot of effort went into the textures for this mod, and they do look great. I just personally really hate how SphaxPureBD looks and it clashes with vanilla textures pretty badly. I play in a heavily modded environment, so I usually stick with vanilla textures since its impossible to find a resource pack that is always up to date and covers every mod. Its no big deal, I just figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Otherwise, I absolutely love the mod and I am most certainly willing to overlook clashing textures. I absolutely love the addition of the food crops too. (except for the sphax-looking berry bushes! :P jk) Thank you so much for sharing your hard work with us all and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!
    Quote from ate0ate_v2

I'm probably the only one asking for this, but is there any way to get a config option to change the textures to a lower resolution or a more vanilla look? I'm not trying to be insulting and I can tell a lot of effort went into the textures for this mod, and they do look great. I just personally really hate how SphaxPureBD looks and it clashes with vanilla textures pretty badly. I play in a heavily modded environment, so I usually stick with vanilla textures since its impossible to find a resource pack that is always up to date and covers every mod. Its no big deal, I just figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Otherwise, I absolutely love the mod and I am most certainly willing to overlook clashing textures. I absolutely love the addition of the food crops too. (except for the sphax-looking berry bushes! :P jk) Thank you so much for sharing your hard work with us all and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

These will be changed to a more Minecraft vanilla friendly look in the next release, the Sphax textures were just a place holder really, as I am having trouble finding a texture artist.
    I take in all suggestions and comments on my mods, even if I don't reply I have logged it somewhere. :)
    I like the (very)old texture... specifically the one used in the banner...
    Modest Texturer, Modeler, and Idea Provider. Can someone buy me Terraria, Borderlands 2, Goat Simulator, or Dead Island? Check my Profile for my contents, which includes a(n outdated) texture pack and a mod request!
    OcD Simple Add-On!
    Quote from MCforfreeuser

I like the (very)old texture... specifically the one used in the banner...

I agree actually, those were the textures I was looking at.

Thanks for replying Mark! I didn't know they were placeholders at all, so now it makes sense why they have the look that they do.
    Quote from ate0ate_v2

I agree actually, those were the textures I was looking at.

Thanks for replying Mark! I didn't know they were placeholders at all, so now it makes sense why they have the look that they do.

If you don't want to wait, you can download a later version of MagicalCrops with the old textures and replace them yourself.
    I take in all suggestions and comments on my mods, even if I don't reply I have logged it somewhere. :)
    Hi! I've been using this mod heavily - thank you! I've been using Magical Crops (3.1.6), Rotarycraft (v15b) and Thaumcraft (4.0.5b) for my farming, I have some feedback and peculiarities I've encountered.

1) I was lucky enough to get some essence crop seeds, but neither Rotarycraft fans nor Thaumcraft golems harvest them at all.
    2) Thaumcraft golems still don't get secondary drops (essence, etc), though they do get bonus seed drops.
    3) I'm using a Rotarycraft fan farm to get the secondary drops, but they drop the weak essence instead of essence dust, as well as the now-disabled Christmas essence.

Thanks again for the awesome mod!
    Mark said in a few posts above tahumcraft golem support for essence seeds will be fixed in next release. Number three is interesting though...
    If you are satisfied and do what you feel you must do, no matter what that is... then you have reached perfection. -Metamoq, Corwid of the Free
    Oh, what if you could use glowstone essence and nature essence to craft little glowing flowers? I'd love to light up my world with glowstone crops, but flowerpots are much neater and less obtrusive. And prettier than torches.
    I'd like to report a particularly nasty bug for this. This involves the Applied Energistics Certus quartz changing into magical crops quartz rendering AE useless because the entire storage system relies on AE certus quartz and you can't convert Magical Crops Certus Quartz into AE quartz which forth rendering AE completely useless in FTB Monster 1.0.9. End of rant.
    Looks like you'd better seriously look into OreDict support and quick- there's no reason these items shouldn't be interchangeable!
    If you are satisfied and do what you feel you must do, no matter what that is... then you have reached perfection. -Metamoq, Corwid of the Free
    Quote from Mark719

If you don't want to wait, you can download a later version of MagicalCrops with the old textures and replace them yourself.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off impatient. I don't mind waiting at all. I just thought that the sphax textures were permanent. Now that you mention it though, I might play around with some of the old textures just for the fun of it. Thanks Mark.
    Quote from Timbob102

I'd like to report a particularly nasty bug for this. This involves the Applied Energistics Certus quartz changing into magical crops quartz rendering AE useless because the entire storage system relies on AE certus quartz and you can't convert Magical Crops Certus Quartz into AE quartz which forth rendering AE completely useless in FTB Monster 1.0.9. End of rant.

Yeah this has been told to be before, the recipes seem to be hard coded on AE's end, this will be fixed in the future.
    How would you feel about adding Ars Magica ores (Vinteum, Chimerite, and the forever painful to get Moonstone and Sunstone). And possibly a way to get the flowers that the mod provides (blue orchid, desert nova, aum, wakebloom, and tarma root). Those would be fun things to add, yet they are just for an individual mod, it may be unneeded for some but others would like it. Ways to farm the essence from Ars magica would be neat, as in mixing a magical essence of some sort, probably for AM2, then other elements like fire or water to get the fire essence or water essence. I like what you did with the new Food crops as well, but there should be more that could be done with them besides just making magical food. I do not know what to offer to do with that, but new forms of food would be sweet, like making 2 parts of the mod, core of magical crops and a core of normal crops.
    In the MFR 2.7.5 changelog it states "Changed: MagicalCrops support moved to MagicalCrops' side". Does this mean compatibility will be reinstated with your next update?
    Well considering there's a submod that helps with interoperability, I'd say so.
    Quote from Timbob102

Unless something's changed recently I haven't had a problem getting AE certus quartz from magical crops certus quartz ore by using either the TE pulverizer or the EIO sag mill.
    would be great to have a clay crop too :)
    Quote from Darkraven87

would be great to have a clay crop too :)
    As I was informed on the previous page, earth essence and water essence can be used to make clay.
    Am I just missing something? So with the newest version I cant seem to get hard mode working. I prefer having to combine the essence into greater essence and then getting what I want. Yes I do have it set in the config
    Quote from AjReign

How would you feel about adding Ars Magica ores (Vinteum, Chimerite, and the forever painful to get Moonstone and Sunstone). And possibly a way to get the flowers that the mod provides (blue orchid, desert nova, aum, wakebloom, and tarma root). Those would be fun things to add, yet they are just for an individual mod, it may be unneeded for some but others would like it. Ways to farm the essence from Ars magica would be neat, as in mixing a magical essence of some sort, probably for AM2, then other elements like fire or water to get the fire essence or water essence. I like what you did with the new Food crops as well, but there should be more that could be done with them besides just making magical food. I do not know what to offer to do with that, but new forms of food would be sweet, like making 2 parts of the mod, core of magical crops and a core of normal crops.

it's been alredy done there are alot of non magical food crops that i have encountered when breaking grass and for some reason theese crops randomly drop in the ground(somehow) and lagg my entire minecraft so is there any way to disable the normal crops part even the blocks part maybe..(i just wanna use the Ore crops only thats all)

Is it intended that they can't be automated by minefactory reloaded ?i haven't tried forestry yet but i wanna try it too i really wanna automate them can you add compatability if not alredy presend ?
    Last edited by Ayvaz: 2/3/2014 4:00:24 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes