OverTheEdge is a mod that makes it easier for the player to place blocks in difficult or even impossible locations. This makes it way easier to build bridges and arches and many other structures.
** Usage and Instructions **
- The exact position of the new block is governed by 3 factors:
1- The held down special keys.
2- The direction the player is facing.
3- The block face the player is targeting, no need to mention the block itself of course
- The player can place a block at the same level of the targeted block in the direction he's facing by holding the F key while placing the block. Very useful when building bridges.
- The player can also place a block right under the targeted area by holding the V key while placing the block.
- The player can make a down stair step by holding both F and V while placing a block at an edge. Almost the only way to get down from a floating platform without flying.
- While using any of the special keys, the player can target the block he's currently standing on.
** Setup **
To install this mod you need to download the appropriate zip file from the download section down bellow.
And overwrite the 'ayo' file in your (%appdata%\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar) with the one provided inside the zip.
- You need to delete the 'META-INF' folder when installing the mod in vanilla.
- You must not delete it when you install the mod in forge.
- Placing the zip file in the 'mods' folder will not activate the mod.
Is there a config file? or any way to change the keys?
I might add a way to change the keys as well as more functions soon, maybe even a GUI if I have enough time
also does it work in multiplayer? and if so does the server need to have it?
I tried it on a random online server and the block was placed without any problems.
As far as I know the server only checks if the block that you place is within 5 blocks of you. It should be fine unless the server is specifically customized to block it. Which is a little difficult (If not impossible ) because I think the server gets only the x,y,z coordinates of the block to be placed without any clue of how you actually caused it to be placed, so you are safe
Sometimes the smallest mods have the most impact on the game,like this one. I can see you haven'y been on the topic since you practically posted it but there is always a hope it will get updated by you or if you released the code someone else can do it.Cool mod anyway even if it is dead.