Magic Bees: Magic themed bees for Forestry; The Successor to ThaumicBees

Quote from EvilKittenz1999

Using the latest version of forestry, error on startup: http://pastebin.com/ustayVD0

you need extrabees version 10 you have version 9 and it is what is really is causeing the crash , not thaumicbees itself . check binnies twitter for the v.10 link
    Safer to lurk then to post and help
    Quote from Sertas

The OP states the latest version is for Forestry 2.2.4.x and I've read that the mod has issues with Forestry 2.2.6.3 which is the latest version. Has anyone tried it with the latest forestry and had no errors?

In all of the forums I've read, ThaumicBees is not yet compatible with the latest Forestry. I'm sure he'll get it as fast as he can.

Myst, is there any documentation on the Magic Bees mod?

Even brief descriptions of the worldgen bees would do.

Give a man a fish, and he'll be fed for a day.
    Give a man a puffer fish, and he'll be fed for the rest of his life.
    I don't currently have the awakeagens to edit the OP reliably, so here: http://bit.ly/15zRYiZ

WARNING: If you're trying to port a world that had ThaumicBees in it BACK UP YOUR SAVE, then try using this configuration file: http://pastebin.com/Uvz0U5uN save it as MagicBees.cfg in your configs dir. If you changed the default Thaumic Bees IDs, then you MUST EDIT THE CONFIG, or your items WILL PROBABLY VANISH. Anyone who comes and complains that their items didn't port over will get laughed at. Mercilessly. By me. And possibly other people.

More in-depth instructions will be posted as soon as I'm less sleepy, but in the meantime, have Forestry 2.2.6.0 compatability. (:
    Last edited by MysteriousAges: 6/5/2013 4:23:13 AM
    I noticed DW20 had Magic Bees installed in his MFR spotlight. Is it on FC1 yet?

Unrelated but do you know why there are no changelogs for the last few Forge builds?
    Last edited by DrRedstoner: 6/5/2013 5:08:02 AM

Quote from MysteriousAges

I don't currently have the awakeagens to edit the OP reliably, so here: http://bit.ly/15zRYiZ

WARNING: If you're trying to port a world that had ThaumicBees in it BACK UP YOUR SAVE, then try using this configuration file: http://pastebin.com/Uvz0U5uN save it as MagicBees.cfg in your configs dir. If you changed the default Thaumic Bees IDs, then you MUST EDIT THE CONFIG, or your items WILL PROBABLY VANISH. Anyone who comes and complains that their items didn't port over will get laughed at. Mercilessly. By me. And possibly other people.

More in-depth instructions will be posted as soon as I'm less sleepy, but in the meantime, have Forestry 2.2.6.0 compatability. (:

Your provided config worked great with my existing world. Everything seems to be running smoothly.

I haven't done the retro worldgen yet. Is there anything in the Overworld? I've not been to the nether or end yet anyway.
    There are a few overworld hives. The Resonant (I think) hive is one of them.

Quote from DrRedstoner

There are a few overworld hives. The Resonant (I think) hive is one of them.

I've found Unusual Bees (yes, that's their name, just to make sure I'm clear) in the overworld with Magic Bees. So far I know nothing else :P
    Last edited by Qwertygiy: 6/5/2013 8:08:11 AM
    Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
    KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
    Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)
    Do you run ThaumicBees and MagicBees together or separate? What's the difference?! There's no info anywhere at all.
    Quote from FSMAcolyte

Do you run ThaumicBees and MagicBees together or separate? What's the difference?! There's no info anywhere at all.

Magic Bees replaces Thaumic Bees.
    Quote from Qwertygiy

I've found Unusual Bees (yes, that's their name, just to make sure I'm clear) in the overworld with Magic Bees. So far I know nothing else :P

There are also Sorcerous Bees in blue and orange hives in hot, arid environments (eg deserts)
    when i add magic bees to my minecraft instance i get a permgen error a few seconds after logging in to a world. then the screen says "shutting down internal server" for eternity(as far as i can tell). I recall from somewhere the permgen has to do with memory, and when i remove magic bees everything works fine. Anyone know a fix. Singleplayer btw.

EDIT: Never mind, it appears that it might be nei addons
    Last edited by tigerbird1: 6/5/2013 7:19:32 PM
    Retroactive generation worked beautifully (I think). Spotted some rather Egyptian-looking blue and gold hives in my desert as I ran through to "borrow" some hives from a village to get started properly on bee-breeding.

Quote from tigerbird1

when i add magic bees to my minecraft instance i get a permgen error a few seconds after logging in to a world. then the screen says "shutting down internal server" for eternity(as far as i can tell). I recall from somewhere the permgen has to do with memory, and when i remove magic bees everything works fine. Anyone know a fix. Singleplayer btw.

That sounds an awful lot like NEI or an NEI plugin devouring all your permgen memory. Do you start Minecraft through a bat file? If so, add this.

-XX:PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M
    Last edited by Arkenor: 6/5/2013 7:19:52 PM
    Quote from Arkenor

That sounds an awful lot like NEI or an NEI plugin devouring all your permgen memory. Do you start Minecraft through a bat file? If so, add this.

-XX:PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M

i double click the icon. should i use a bat file instead?
    Last edited by tigerbird1: 6/5/2013 7:22:27 PM
    Quote from tigerbird1

i double click the icon. should i use a bat file instead?

If you're using mods, it's advisable. Mine is

javaw -Xmx4072m -Xms2000m -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -jar "Minecraft.exe"

You might need to tweak that if you have less memory to play with. If Minecraft has been using default memory until now, you're about to see a serious performance boost!
    Quote from Arkenor

If you're using mods, it's advisable. Mine is

javaw -Xmx4072m -Xms2000m -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -jar "Minecraft.exe"

You might need to tweak that if you have less memory to play with. If Minecraft has been using default memory until now, you're about to see a serious performance boost!

what/which directory is the "minecraft.exe" referring to? i'm on a mac so would i just change it to "minecraft.jar" or is it more complicated? In addition do i just make a .txt file, paste the line in, and change it to .bat?
    Quote from tigerbird1

what/which directory is the "minecraft.exe" referring to? i'm on a mac so would i just change it to "minecraft.jar" or is it more complicated? In addition do i just make a .txt file, paste the line in, and change it to .bat?

Oh. Gah, I'm afraid I have no idea what differences there are on the mac. Minecraft.exe for me is the launcher. So whatever it is that you click to get that.

I have NO IDEA if that bat file I pasted is a good idea on a mac. But you need to raise your permgen memory up somehow, so do give it a try.

And on a PC, a bat file is indeed just a txt file with the bat extension.
    Last edited by Arkenor: 6/5/2013 7:36:00 PM
    Quote from Arkenor

Oh. Gah, I'm afraid I have no idea what differences there are on the mac. Minecraft.exe for me is the launcher. So whatever it is that you click to get that.

I have NO IDEA if that bat file I pasted is a good idea on a mac. But you need to raise your permgen memory up somehow, so do give it a try.

And on a PC, a bat file is indeed just a txt file with the bat extension.

okay thanks for the help. I'll give it a try. (in case you need to help someone else who is on a mac, the launcher is .app on a mac)

EDIT: nope failure after multiple tweaks/tries. However using a similar idea, i was able to find this, which ACTUALLY will start minecraft:

http://www.minecraft...dows-linux-mac/

Will post another edit if it fixes the problem or not.

EDIT 2: Apparently, i only delays the "Crash" and now there isn't even a log report, let alone a crash log. I'm stumped.
    Last edited by tigerbird1: 6/5/2013 8:09:05 PM
    The latest Extra Bees preview (13) still freaks out (and maybe in addition to Magic Bees), just a heads up.

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at forestry.apiculture.genetics.BeeHelper.registerMutation(BeeHelper.java:224)
    at magicbees.bees.BeeMutation.(BeeMutation.java:270)
    at magicbees.bees.BeeMutation.setupMutations(BeeMutation.java:55)
    at magicbees.bees.BeeManager.ititializeBees(BeeManager.java:20)
    at magicbees.main.MagicBees.postInit(MagicBees.java:80)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:494)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:165)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:98)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:701)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:213)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:448)
    at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftAppletImpl.func_71384_a(SourceFile:56)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:733)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Last edited by bogatyr_n: 6/5/2013 9:25:31 PM
    wow.

Mysterious, I think your hives spawn a tad too often

There are 6 in this one screenshot.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes