1.7.10 SMP SSP

The Lord of the Rings Mod: Bringing Middle-earth to Minecraft - Public Beta 18.2

Quote from callymac

hey dude i was wondering will you get a chance to kill frodo if your evil and will there be a mount doom in mordor

The quests you can do will depend on the alignment, so you will be able to kill Frodo and other characters if you turn evil. Mount Doom will eventually be added to Mordor.
    Can't wait for the first beta release!
    Oh and I don't want to be anoying but around what time can we expect the full release, maybe around summer??
    Last edited by PikaRock2882: 1/29/2013 4:23:11 PM
    Quote from PikaRock2882

Can't wait for the first beta release!
    Oh and I don't want to be anoying but around what time can we expect the full release, maybe around summer??

It all depends on how much I end up adding before the mod can be considered 'complete', and on what circumstances come up - exams, and things - that could hold the mod back. I'd say expect it to be a few months yet, though we have decided that we'll most likely be releasing updated betas once a month.
    come on man just put the download link PLEASE
    Quote from qwertyjade24

come on man just put the download link PLEASE
    sorry didnt read your last post when i posted this
    Quote from Mevans

It all depends on how much I end up adding before the mod can be considered 'complete', and on what circumstances come up - exams, and things - that could hold the mod back. I'd say expect it to be a few months yet, though we have decided that we'll most likely be releasing updated betas once a month.
    I cant wait
    sounds awesome bro. I would recommend creating food hooks or plates. This can show off your food in the kitchen cupboards. I hate it in regular minecraft how your kitchen looks so empty, so adding hooks to put meat on or plates to show off your food could make it look more cozy.
    The new portal looks epic. this is one of three mods im waiting for, the others being the betweenlands and the aether.
    Yay can't wait for it to come out tomorrow!
    Quote from alty1443

sounds awesome bro. I would recommend creating food hooks or plates. This can show off your food in the kitchen cupboards. I hate it in regular minecraft how your kitchen looks so empty, so adding hooks to put meat on or plates to show off your food could make it look more cozy.

Good ideas! Something like this would really add to the home-like atmosphere of the hobbit holes.
    A slight question, if I may. I've not seen this anywhere else, so I'll ask here.

As this adds Copper and Tin, what will that mean in terms of compatibility with Universal Electricity?
    Additionally, do you have a config file planned for this that will allow you to change the dimension that Middle Earth is listed as? I run a few other mods that also run dimensions, and was hoping I could avoid any dimension conflicts when this comes out.

Thanks very much for reading, and have a very grand day!!
    If you're bored enough, you can watch some of my Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Kraklano?feature=mhee
    I'm boring, so don't get yer hopes up! You can also suggest videos for me if you want, and I will quite possibly do them.
    Quote from Raizanoro

A slight question, if I may. I've not seen this anywhere else, so I'll ask here.

As this adds Copper and Tin, what will that mean in terms of compatibility with Universal Electricity?
    Additionally, do you have a config file planned for this that will allow you to change the dimension that Middle Earth is listed as? I run a few other mods that also run dimensions, and was hoping I could avoid any dimension conflicts when this comes out.

Thanks very much for reading, and have a very grand day!!

The copper and tin ingots (bronze and silver too) are registered with the Forge Ore Dictionary, meaning you can use the ingots from this mod to craft something from another, or vice versa, or mix and match. I've never used Universal Electricity so I'm not sure how it works. Would you mind explaining what you mean by compatibility?

And the dimension ID is configurable, so are the biome IDs, and every ID used in the mod will be properly configurable too.
    Quote from Mevans

The copper and tin ingots (bronze and silver too) are registered with the Forge Ore Dictionary, meaning you can use the ingots from this mod to craft something from another, or vice versa, or mix and match. I've never used Universal Electricity so I'm not sure how it works. Would you mind explaining what you mean by compatibility?

And the dimension ID is configurable, so are the biome IDs, and every ID used in the mod will be properly configurable too.
    I believe you have answered his question by stating that the ores are Forge Dictionary ores. That would mean he can use UE ore processing. (I think that's why he was asking anyway)
    Quote from AkulaMak

I believe you have answered his question by stating that the ores are Forge Dictionary ores. That would mean he can use UE ore processing. (I think that's why he was asking anyway)

Aye, that's indeed correct. Sometimes mods won't use the Forge Dictionary ores for common ores like that(I have no clue why not), so it can be a mite unfortunate. And it's great to hear about the configurable IDs!(Again, some other mods don't always allow adjustable IDs for Dimensions, which can hurt compatibility.)

Thanks again for reading, and have a very grand day!!
    If you're bored enough, you can watch some of my Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Kraklano?feature=mhee
    I'm boring, so don't get yer hopes up! You can also suggest videos for me if you want, and I will quite possibly do them.
    Quote from Mevans

Good ideas! Something like this would really add to the home-like atmosphere of the hobbit holes.

thank you!
    On the subject of the ale barrels? do they drop the barrel when you break it? cuz i would do that just for aesthetics.
    Quote from SuperAmos

On the subject of the ale barrels? do they drop the barrel when you break it? cuz i would do that just for aesthetics.

At the moment they don't, because they act rather like cake blocks: you can't move the food source, you have to use it where it is. However in the future I think some kind of 'refilling system' would be good, where you can pick the barrel up and fill it with more ale (or keep it for decoration, like you said).
    Updated the post with the beta download!
    Last edited by Mevans: 2/1/2013 12:27:02 PM
    My face lit up with joy when I saw that there was a beta :D, one problem, I have been exploring around on creative for about 10-15 mins and haven't found mordor, gondor, or the shire :P?
    Got the beta installed but when I go to the Middle Earth I get this crash.
    Maybe I did something wrong when installing it but here it is!

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Why is it breaking :(

Time: 01-02-2013 20:32
    Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field in.N from class lotr.common.LOTRTickHandlerServer
    at lotr.common.LOTRTickHandlerServer.tickEnd(LOTRTickHandlerServer.java:51)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:22)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:138)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostWorldTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:282)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:689)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
    at bdz.q(IntegratedServer.java:170)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
    at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
    Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.7.0_11, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpotâ„¢ Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 213816896 bytes (203 MB) / 538697728 bytes (513 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    AABB Pool Size: 4694 (262864 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1164 (65184 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 1, tallocated: 46
    FML: MCP v7.26 FML v4.7.4.520 Minecraft Forge 6.6.0.497 Optifine OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_U_C3 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active
    mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
    FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
    LOTRMod [The Lord of the Rings Mod] ([1.4.7] The Lord of the Rings Mod Public Beta 1.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: 1138 (63728 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1085 (60760 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Player Count: 1 / 8; ['PikaRock'/13198, l='New World', x=-37,50, y=70,00, z=123,50]]
    Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
    Last edited by PikaRock2882: 2/1/2013 2:36:58 PM
    Am I doing something wrong then, I don't even know how to get to middle earth lmao. noob alert.. mine crashed too...
    Last edited by DanThaBaws: 2/1/2013 2:45:47 PM
    Quote from DanThaBaws

My face lit up with joy when I saw that there was a beta :D , one problem, I have been exploring around on creative for about 10-15 mins and haven't found mordor, gondor, or the shire :P ?

Have you been to Middle-earth? If you've just been exploring in the normal minecraft world you won't have found anything because this mod's features are all in the new dimension.

Quote from PikaRock2882

Got the beta installed but when I go to the Middle Earth I get this crash.
    Maybe I did something wrong when installing it but here it is!

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Why is it breaking :(

Time: 01-02-2013 20:32
    Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field in.N from class lotr.common.LOTRTickHandlerServer
    at lotr.common.LOTRTickHandlerServer.tickEnd(LOTRTickHandlerServer.java:51)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:22)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:138)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostWorldTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:282)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:689)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
    at bdz.q(IntegratedServer.java:170)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
    at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
    Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.7.0_11, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpotâ„¢ Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 213816896 bytes (203 MB) / 538697728 bytes (513 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    AABB Pool Size: 4694 (262864 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1164 (65184 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 1, tallocated: 46
    FML: MCP v7.26 FML v4.7.4.520 Minecraft Forge 6.6.0.497 Optifine OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_U_C3 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active
    mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
    FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
    LOTRMod [The Lord of the Rings Mod] ([1.4.7] The Lord of the Rings Mod Public Beta 1.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: 1138 (63728 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1085 (60760 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Player Count: 1 / 8; ['PikaRock'/13198, l='New World', x=-37,50, y=70,00, z=123,50]]
    Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'

You'll need the latest Forge, because this mod relies on one of the newest Forge features. It's the version that ends in 518.

Quote from DanThaBaws

Am I doing something wrong then, I don't even know how to get to middle earth lmao. noob alert.. mine crashed too...

See above regarding the crash, and to get into the dimension you need to craft a gold ring with 8 gold nuggets and throw it into some fire.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes