1.7.10 SMP SSP

The Lord of the Rings Mod: Bringing Middle-earth to Minecraft - Public Beta 18.2

How come I can't look at the new stuff in the wiki it won't let me click on them
    It's pretty much fair game to any Tolkien mythology as far as I can tell.

I quite like the iron hills biome.

Mevans, I'm going to work on some quick and dirty Ruins mod additions for your new biomes, just some additional gondor ruins, maybe some shire farms and whatnot. It seems perfect for this sort of thing.

Also, a Weathertop/Weatherhills/Lone Lands biome should be next, in my opinion.
    Quote from Rayquaza3

Sigh... Took as stab at updating Forge and this for myself, went into a a world I use in Beta 4 of this and it came up with this -

"Forge Mod Loader has found ID mismatches. Complete details are in the log file

ID 12040 is mismatched between world and game
    ID 12041 is mismatched between world and game
    ID 12037 is mismatched between world and game
    ID 12031 is mismatched between world and game

Would you like to continue loading this world?
    Yes. No"

I hit no and its said "Shutting down internal server" for the last 10 minutes... This is the only mod I have installed and I am running Forge 7.7.2.682
    Help me guys... I really wanna get Beta 5 up and running...

It said that to me too. I think some files in this mod got deleted or something. Just hit "Yes"
    I said it before, I won't say it again
    Love is a game to you, it's not pretend
    Maybe if I fall asleep, I won't breathe right

Can nobody hear me?
    Quote from Varka

a Weathertop/Weatherhills/Lone Lands biome should be next, in my opinion.

How about near/far Harad or rhùn, maybe angmar? Something for the bad side. But if you (Mevans) want to work on the good side, how about wild lands in the north for the dunedain(probably miss spelled)/rangers of the north?
    Quote from NORWEGIAN_GUY

Maybe armor sets for the bad side should be like Nazgùl capes?? It would be cool to see different armors from different orc types? Maybe like Isengard orcs have better armor then Mordor Orcs and Gundabad orcs have better armor then Isengard orcs? This is just an suggestion ;-)

When we add Uruk-hai we will certainly be adding their armour, which will most likely be an upgraded version of the Mordor Orcs'. I'm not sure about the Nazgul, as we don't have any plans for them yet, but you can expect some kind of Nazgul clothing.

Quote from JESTERFACE117

Is this mod just about lotr movies or about books too?

It is based on the books, not the movies.
    Quote from Rayquaza3

Sigh... Took as stab at updating Forge and this for myself, went into a a world I use in Beta 4 of this and it came up with this -

"Forge Mod Loader has found ID mismatches. Complete details are in the log file

ID 12040 is mismatched between world and game
    ID 12041 is mismatched between world and game
    ID 12037 is mismatched between world and game
    ID 12031 is mismatched between world and game

Would you like to continue loading this world?
    Yes. No"

I hit no and its said "Shutting down internal server" for the last 10 minutes... This is the only mod I have installed and I am running Forge 7.7.2.682
    Help me guys... I really wanna get Beta 5 up and running...

This doesn't matter, just click 'Yes'. It happened because I changed a few names around ("orcDagger" to "daggerOrc", "orcBattleaxe", to "battleaxeOrc", etc.) to make things easier for myself and for any potential future texture pack makers. The IDs themselves should be unaffected.
    Here is the 3D issue pictures from Optifine :D ....Da daaaa

file:///C:/Users/Bruker/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/screenshots/2013-05-02_20.41.45.png

file:///C:/Users/Bruker/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/screenshots/2013-05-02_20.41.48.png

file:///C:/Users/Bruker/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/screenshots/2013-05-02_20.41.51.png

file:///C:/Users/Bruker/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/screenshots/2013-05-02_20.41.54.png

Just copy and paste ;-) Also, you are great at updating, it feels like you have updated at the time my minecraft Updates haha
    Last edited by NORWEGIAN_GUY: 5/2/2013 1:48:19 PM
    Quote from NORWEGIAN_GUY

Here is the 3D issue pictures from Optifine :D ....Da daaaa

file:///C:/Users/Bruker/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/screenshots/2013-05-02_20.41.45.png

file:///C:/Users/Bruker/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/screenshots/2013-05-02_20.41.48.png

file:///C:/Users/Bruker/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/screenshots/2013-05-02_20.41.51.png

file:///C:/Users/Bruker/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/screenshots/2013-05-02_20.41.54.png

Just copy and paste ;-) Also, you are great at updating, it feels like you have updated at the time my minecraft Updates haha

Those are paths to the files stored on your computer... You're going to have to upload them to a site like imgur.com and paste those links here.

And yes, this was a relatively simple Minecraft update which just fixed a few bugs, so it took very little time to update.
    Last edited by Mevans: 5/2/2013 1:52:51 PM
    Quote from gaiparafina

maybe you should make it that we can also turn into an elf,man,dwarf,or a hobbit if it is possible heheheh

I believe it is possible: The Hack Slash Mine (http://hackslashmine...Slash_Mine_Wiki) mod from the Technic launcher can. Each race (http://hackslashmine.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Races) has different levels of strength, wisdom, etc. (http://hackslashmine.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_System).
    Craftin' since Beta 1.6.

Quote from __Aragorn__

I believe it is possible: The Hack Slash Mine (http://hackslashmine...Slash_Mine_Wiki) mod from the Technic launcher can. Each race (http://hackslashmine.../Category:Races) has different levels of strength, wisdom, etc. (http://hackslashmine...iki/Stat_System).

It may well be possible using the Technic Pack, but a decent race system could not be done in Minecraft Forge without editing base classes (which I am not willing to do).
    Add More Player Models to your client install and make yourself whatever race you'd like!

Are the biomes a lot bigger in beta 5 compared to beta 4.1? I'm in an iron hills biome that just keeps GOING and GOING and GOING...
    The 1.5.2 mod isn't loading in 1.5.1 for me.

Did you use the SRG deobfuscation? You can more than likely make your mod work in both 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 if you use that rather than normal deobfuscation.
    Does anyone else get a headache with the white screen effect in the snowy biome thing?
    Stop looking at me like that.
    Quote from ObsidianWalker

The recommended version si on the files server, under the 'recommended' and 'universal' downloads, config files are in the .minecraft/config folder, find the Lotr one and delete it, it sohuld work.

Where is the Files Server? What effects will deleting the config files have on my worlds/game? Also, the four IDs that weren't working, what blocks are they? Was just wondering if it was easier to go around and replace all the Hobbit Spawners (if that is the ID) than to do all this...
    Quote from Rayquaza3

Where is the Files Server? What effects will deleting the config files have on my worlds/game? Also, the four IDs that weren't working, what blocks are they? Was just wondering if it was easier to go around and replace all the Hobbit Spawners (if that is the ID) than to do all this...

Don't worry, I just saw Mevans post above... The problem with active forums, so many pages... Will have to try this when I get home today
    Quote from Varka

Add More Player Models to your client install and make yourself whatever race you'd like!

Are the biomes a lot bigger in beta 5 compared to beta 4.1? I'm in an iron hills biome that just keeps GOING and GOING and GOING...

The biomes in Middle-earth are four times as large as normal biomes (this is to give more of a sense of adventure, until we add the true Middle-earth style biome placement). They have always been like this though, so perhaps you just haven't noticed before.

Quote from Varka

The 1.5.2 mod isn't loading in 1.5.1 for me.

Did you use the SRG deobfuscation? You can more than likely make your mod work in both 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 if you use that rather than normal deobfuscation.

I have not yet looked into using SRG deobf, but I'll try to soon. It was hardly an effort updating the mod to 1.5.2 anyway! I assume this method wouldn't bridge major Minecraft releases, i.e. a SRG-deobf mod for 1.5.x wouldn't work in 1.6.x?
    oh man i can't wait till next month, i'm really looking forward to the rohan units being added in!
    Quote from Mevans

The biomes in Middle-earth are four times as large as normal biomes (this is to give more of a sense of adventure, until we add the true Middle-earth style biome placement). They have always been like this though, so perhaps you just haven't noticed before.

I have not yet looked into using SRG deobf, but I'll try to soon. It was hardly an effort updating the mod to 1.5.2 anyway! I assume this method wouldn't bridge major Minecraft releases, i.e. a SRG-deobf mod for 1.5.x wouldn't work in 1.6.x?

That depends entirely on how big of a change 1.6.x is. Simple mods would probably survive intact, but something like this I wouldn't expect a LOT of success on, but even then it's supposedly simpler to maintain between major versions also.

I've only done some recompiling of buildcraft/butterfly mod/etc. after making simple changes.
    A couple of ideas for Beta 6... When you add Harad Jungle, can you add more Fruit Trees such as Mango and Banana as it is a tropical forest, like India, I believe... Would it be considered copying to do something Millénaire style with the villages and have the player able to help build, expand and upgrade them? Also, you never got back to me about Boars, Ironwood, Dragon Scales and Hobbit Inns... I can quote those comments to save you having to dig through all these pages if you want. Anyway, finally got Beta 5 working but am yet to find the Iron Hills... Is there a recipe for the Dwarven Crafting Table? When you add Hobbit Farms, would it be too much to ask for you to let us trade with the farmers for the Fruit Tree Saplings? I have an old world that i kinda want a Cherry Hobbit Hole on... When do you expect the wiki to be fully up to date? Not to deter you from the actual mod, just curious... Any way great job, looks like an excellent update!
    Are Gondor Wraiths supposed to be good or evil? They attack the player, but don't attack any other mobs in-game. I'd kind of think that the wraiths should attack ANYTHING, including orcs, elves, dwarves, and soldiers of Gondor
    When Aragorn said the Shire was within a day's march of foes that would freeze his heart, I think he was actually being a little optimistic.

Quote from Rayquaza3

A couple of ideas for Beta 6... When you add Harad Jungle, can you add more Fruit Trees such as Mango and Banana as it is a tropical forest, like India, I believe... Would it be considered copying to do something Millénaire style with the villages and have the player able to help build, expand and upgrade them? Also, you never got back to me about Boars, Ironwood, Dragon Scales and Hobbit Inns... I can quote those comments to save you having to dig through all these pages if you want. Anyway, finally got Beta 5 working but am yet to find the Iron Hills... Is there a recipe for the Dwarven Crafting Table? When you add Hobbit Farms, would it be too much to ask for you to let us trade with the farmers for the Fruit Tree Saplings? I have an old world that i kinda want a Cherry Hobbit Hole on... When do you expect the wiki to be fully up to date? Not to deter you from the actual mod, just curious... Any way great job, looks like an excellent update!

Copying ideas for game mechanics or features is not actually 'copying', in my opinion. Stealing their code would be. So it is possible that when I do add villages they will eventually be something like those in Millénaire, although Millénaire will of course always be far superior because the villages are, after all, the main focus of that mod. In any case I do hope to make the LOTR villages better than those in vanilla Minecraft.

I will have a look at your ideas, and I could have read them before, but please bear in mind that unfortunately I don't have the time to respond to every post as I get so many and responding to them all would take away lots of time from working on the features themselves.

Dwarven Crafting Tables have to be found first, like elven ones, but they are relatively common in the mines so you shouldn't have much trouble.

When I add Hobbit Farmers they will probably be able to trade almost every crop in the game, so cherry trees will definitely be included. Although you can currently just explore the Shire further to find some cherry trees.

I am unsure about how long the wiki will take, as it does take quite a lot of time to write and take pictures. I also have a lot of exams coming up. But maybe you've noticed that the proportion of finished pages on the wiki is increasing over time, so slow progress is being made, and I expect it will probably be completed over the summer if not before.

Quote from Varka

Are Gondor Wraiths supposed to be good or evil? They attack the player, but don't attack any other mobs in-game. I'd kind of think that the wraiths should attack ANYTHING, including orcs, elves, dwarves, and soldiers of Gondor

Good point. I've just added it in.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes