[1.5/1.4][Forge][SSP/SMP] AstralCraft Pre2

Poll: With 1.5 coming Iron Pressure Plates (this mod) should...

Generic

With 1.5 coming Iron Pressure Plates (this mod) should... - Single Choice

• Be removed 48.3%
  • Stay, but have different recipe 51.7%
    Quote from Gavenom

I usually hate mods that add technical and scientific stuff to Minecraft, but this sounds very interesting, I will try it.

Thanks. Hope you'll like it :)

Open up the config for the mod and just manually change it, it would save you a lot of time dude :) you'll see the block i'd's in there

I have to do that, it's easy but for FTB it would be good. No problem for me :P
    Quote from Pippin

I have to do that, it's easy but for FTB it would be good. No problem for me :P

Well, to be fair, that's what FTB modpack (and all modpacks for that matter) is all about. One of it's main purposes is to resolve ID conflicts because any new mod loading before the rest of the mods (Forge ModLoader sets the loading order) will create ID conflicts. If they ever add this mod into FTB modpack, they will make sure to resolve all ID conflicts. As for now there's nothing I can do. Sorry if this causes any discomfort.
    2 things

1: This loads fine for me into the the "Magic World" preset in FTB.

2: I like how this mod is "techy" yet it isnt really. It actuallys gives a backstory to the tech not just BANG now how have batteries!
    Quote from SuperAmos

2 things

1: This loads fine for me into the the "Magic World" preset in FTB.

2: I like how this mod is "techy" yet it isnt really. It actuallys gives a backstory to the tech not just BANG now how have batteries!

Thanks!
    1: That's actually where I was testing it ;)
    2: That's what I was aiming for. Glad you like it:)
    I have just finished testing all the items and you have done a wonderful job. I especially like the Redstone Activator.:)
    Last edited by SelectedLime375: 12/18/2012 6:20:35 PM
    Quote from SelectedLime375

I have just finished testing all the items and you have done a wonderful job. I especially like the Redstone Activator. :)

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it :)
    Today the mod has hit its first 100 downloads! Congratulations and thanks to all of you out there. You made it possible!
    Quote from XZelnar

Today the mod has hit its first 100 downloads! Congratulations and thanks to all of you out there. You made it possible!

It will probably hit 1000 soon dude ;) Congrats!

It will probably hit 1000 soon dude ;) Congrats!

Thanks! Sure hope so :)
    Hey! 1.0.04 is here. And it's a PreRelease! Sorry this took so long, but the mod is now FULLY compatible with optifine! Also a lot of bugfixes, optimizations, and even a new block! Go check it out and don't forget to tell your friends!
    Oops... Looks like I screwed up with banner a little. I'll fix it today as soon as I get to PC with a stable internet connection. Sorry for the discomfort.
    OK. fixed the banner. Write me if it gets wrong again ;)
    By the way, if it's not hard for you, I could really use some performance info. You know... what's laggy... what's glitchy and so on. Because I really have no idea where I'm standing on the performance level - for me it's fine, but how is it for you? Thanks in advance.
    Per
    Quote from XZelnar

By the way, if it's not hard for you, I could really use some performance info. You know... what's laggy... what's glitchy and so on. Because I really have no idea where I'm standing on the performance level - for me it's fine, but how is it for you? Thanks in advance.

Performance: I am using a 64x64 HD Animated texture pack and I usually get 30-60 FPS, and with this mod installed it brings it down to 5-15 FPS.

Bugs: When I place the rain maker it automatically drops as a item. Rain stopper is unplaceable. Time detector only activates on daytime, and in creative mode, with the lava maker, when you right-click with an empty bucket, you get a lava bucket, but it also places the lava on top of the lava maker. Placing the digger thing gets placed but then gets removed. I haven't tried everything but the rain detector and block detector are awesome. Once you get the performance up I will definitely use this in my everyday Minecraft world :)
    Quote from Gavenom

Per

Performance: I am using a 64x64 HD Animated texture pack and I usually get 30-60 FPS, and with this mod installed it brings it down to 5-15 FPS.

Bugs: When I place the rain maker it automatically drops as a item. Rain stopper is unplaceable. Time detector only activates on daytime, and in creative mode, with the lava maker, when you right-click with an empty bucket, you get a lava bucket, but it also places the lava on top of the lava maker. Placing the digger thing gets placed but then gets removed. I haven't tried everything but the rain detector and block detector are awesome. Once you get the performance up I will definitely use this in my everyday Minecraft world :)

Thanks for the great feedback! I'll try to increase performance with the next update.
    About bugs:
    1) Are you sure you have two crystals lying on the ground when you place rain starter?
    2) Rain stopper is placeable only when there's rain. But without crystals it will also drop as item.
    I'm starting to think I should really simplify the whole crystal thing...
    3) The way time detector works is it should output signals on different sides depending on current time. If that doesn't help, could you post a screenshot with the bug? Thanks.
    4) Hmmm... I can't really recreate it... Do you play SP or MP when this happens? Perhaps (correct me if I'm wrong), you're holding the right key for too long. That's the only way I could recreate the situation.
    5) Same thing with the digger as with rain starter/stopper, but it requires 5 crystals.
    Thanks=) I'll do my best with the performance issue. Hope to have it fixed before the new year. I think I'll have something like high-res and low-res versions and you could choose which one suits you.

By the way, do you use optifine?
    Last edited by XZelnar: 12/26/2012 6:46:59 PM
    Quote from XZelnar

Thanks for the great feedback! I'll try to increase performance with the next update.
    About bugs:
    1) Are you sure you have two crystals lying on the ground when you place rain starter?
    2) Rain stopper is placeable only when there's rain. But without crystals it will also drop as item.
    I'm starting to think I should really simplify the whole crystal thing...
    3) The way time detector works is it should output signals on different sides depending on current time. If that doesn't help, could you post a screenshot with the bug? Thanks.
    4) Hmmm... I can't really recreate it... Do you play SP or MP when this happens? Perhaps (correct me if I'm wrong), you're holding the right key for too long. That's the only way I could recreate the situation.
    5) Same thing with the digger as with rain starter/stopper, but it requires 5 crystals.
    Thanks=) I'll do my best with the performance issue. Hope to have it fixed before the new year. I think I'll have something like high-res and low-res versions and you could choose which one suits you.

By the way, do you use optifine?

Oh! I forgot all about the crystals, sorry, I figured out the time detector and the digger, and yes, I was holding the right button, Lol i'm sorry, I'm gonna actually read how to use stuff next time :P
    Just looking at the OP, this looks amazing! Job well done, I look forward to using this!
    The creeper was once the crowning jewel of Minecraft... Until those retarded Endermen... FIGHT FOR CREEPER RIGHTS!!! SUPPORT THE CREEP MOD!
    Quote from Gavenom

Oh! I forgot all about the crystals, sorry, I figured out the time detector and the digger, and yes, I was holding the right button, Lol i'm sorry, I'm gonna actually read how to use stuff next time :P

No biggie :) The feedback helped a lot to determine the direction the mod is going ;)

Quote from MCZaphelon

Just looking at the OP, this looks amazing! Job well done, I look forward to using this!

I'll try to fix lags, if any, in a couple of days. Meanwhile I recommend turning Advanced OpenGL in video settings to on(it will optimize rendering algorithms in minecraft).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes