Thaumcraft 3.0.5i (Outdated)

how do you charge the Wand of the Apprentice?

I'm a lion.
    Quote from Foxwolf

Seems there is a way to get infinite amounts of magic essence. When you put magic tallow into a cauldron with an alembic it will remake the magic tallow while piping the leftover magic essence into the alembic. So if you do this over and over you can end up with massive amounts of magic essence.

I believe this is because you make magic tallow with vis which is magic so your just putting back what you take out. But it does create flux.

Quote from RyanLeanardoe

how do you charge the Wand of the Apprentice?

Aura nodes will charge it while its in your inventory, so you may need to walk around a bit to get close enough to find one or make sure that they even spawned.
    when i install the mod it dident work :steve_rage:
    Quote from TheRedGamer1971

when i install the mod it dident work :steve_rage:

You won't get any help by saying that, we need details on how it didn't work, and a crash log if you can find one.

Did you instal the correct version of forge correctly? On the correct version of Minecraft for the forge and thaumcraft version you have? Correct Thaumcraft version and no conflicting mods?

The other people on this thread probably won't even answer you if you only say that.

And learn to spell.
    Last edited by Fiery_Death: 12/30/2012 12:15:12 AM
    Quote from lekiy

I believe this is because you make magic tallow with vis which is magic so your just putting back what you take out. But it does create flux.

Vis != Magic (Well, it is magic related, but they're not the exact same thing.) It costs Vis to get the Magic Essence 'for free', though.

Many people don't realize that TC3 has three costs to crafting (minus crucible crafts, which ignore #1):

1. The material to craft the item in the first place.
    2. The essence required from a Crucible or Jars.
    3. Vis from the aura to (re)charge the wand.
    Last edited by raa1337: 12/29/2012 11:57:33 PM
    Can you make the "Hide/Show Aspects" key configurable? Shift is my sneak and "move stack in inventory" key so it gets annoying. Thanks!
    Quote from raa1337

Vis != Magic (Well, it is magic related, but they're not the exact same thing.) It costs Vis to get the Magic Essence 'for free', though.

Many people don't realize that TC3 has three costs to crafting (minus crucible crafts, which ignore #1):

1. The material to craft the item in the first place.
    2. The essence required from a Crucible or Jars.
    3. Vis from the aura to (re)charge the wand.

Yes but Praecantio(I think) is often added to items created using Vis (like magic tallow) and is the aspect that represents magic, so creating it is "like" just making Vis into an aspect.
    Quote from Code_Rage

Can you make the "Hide/Show Aspects" key configurable? Shift is my sneak and "move stack in inventory" key so it gets annoying. Thanks!

you can change it in the config file or simply go into options whilst in game
    Last edited by L1ghtShad0w: 12/30/2012 2:06:39 AM
    Using Thaumcraft 3.0.1.c with Mo´Creatures v4.4.0, thaumcraft disable all hostiles from mo creatures,and all hostile vanilla mobs.
    Only Angry Zombies appear.If i remove thaumcraft the spawns get fix.
    I am loving the mod though I am finding that I am having a lot of bottles for storage. Are there any plans for higher teir storage units such as large tanks or perhaps being able to crystalize Aspects?

It would be cool if you can convert some of your saved up Aspects and transform them into crystal shards. Say 1 full bottle could be converted into 1 crystal. This crystal then counts as 1 full bottle of said Aspect and 5 shards could be later combined into 1 cluster. This crystal cluster can be placed on the floor, walls, or ceiling and give off a twinkling effect.
    Quote from jamerific

I am loving the mod though I am finding that I am having a lot of bottles for storage. Are there any plans for higher teir storage units such as large tanks or perhaps being able to crystalize Aspects?

Actually, I don't know if this has been suggested before or not, but I think it would be doubly awesome if essentia were a Forge-compatible liquid. That way, instead of lining your magical lab's walls with a bunch of jars, you could have five or so buildcraft tanks and pipe in whatever essentia you need from a complex liquid sorting system. It would really add to the mad scientist-magician feel that Thaumcraft so wonderfully creates.

you can change it in the config file or simply go into options whilst in game

I looked in both. There is only the option to change it to hold to show, or hold to hide. you can't change the key itself.

#Edit: bah.. stupid quote button... didn't.
    Last edited by Code_Rage: 12/30/2012 4:06:31 AM
    Quote from DrKaine

Actually, I don't know if this has been suggested before or not, but I think it would be doubly awesome if essentia were a Forge-compatible liquid. That way, instead of lining your magical lab's walls with a bunch of jars, you could have five or so buildcraft tanks and pipe in whatever essentia you need from a complex liquid sorting system. It would really add to the mad scientist-magician feel that Thaumcraft so wonderfully creates.

something similar was actually in thaumcraft 2, with vis being a liquid, but I think Azanor moved away from that because it felt too 'techy'. I actually quite like my "secret" room which houses my aspects.
    Got a question, my goggles of revealing are awesome (ze goggles do something!)and are nicely enchanted, but I would like to keep them, with a diamond sword for instance i can put diamond into the anvil alongside it and repair the item in question. Is the same thing possible with my goggles? If so, what material/item would I put in there, another goggles?
    Quote from Reimalken

Got a question, my goggles of revealing are awesome (ze goggles do something!)and are nicely enchanted, but I would like to keep them, with a diamond sword for instance i can put diamond into the anvil alongside it and repair the item in question. Is the same thing possible with my goggles? If so, what material/item would I put in there, another goggles?

Another pair of googles should work, but the resulting cost may be too high for the anvil. Anyway is a sort of transitory problem, as in the future Azanor is going to introduce is own way of enchanting, which will get rid of the excessive randomness in vanilla enchanting, so you'll have just to craft new ones and then enchant them (with probably even google-specific enchant)
    Worked for about 20 minutes then crashed. Now it crashes every time I log in. A friend installed it on his server. I installed it on my side using MultiMC. I was in the Twilight Forest, mined up some of the new ores from Thaumcraft, then jumped into the portal to go back to the regular world... crash =(

Here are all the mods we are running:
    Minecraft Forge
    GuiAPI
    Lanterns 1.2.5 Universal
    DrZhark's Custom Mob Spawner
    DrZhark's Mo Creatures
    Twilight Forest
    Thaumcraft

Minecraft Error Report:

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Ticking screen

A full error report has been saved to C:\Games\Minecraft\instances\QWA - Adults\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-12-30_06.58.36-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT d547dedf --------
    Full report at:
    C:\Games\Minecraft\instances\QWA - Adults\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-12-30_06.58.36-client.txt
    Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 12/30/12 6:58 AM

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.EntitySpawnPacket.execute(EntitySpawnPacket.java:175)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleFMLPacket(FMLNetworkHandler.java:102)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:67)
    at ayh.a(NetClientHandler.java:1478)
    at di.a(SourceFile:59)
    at cg.b(TcpConnection.java:454)
    at ayh.d(NetClientHandler.java:240)
    at ayk.c(GuiConnecting.java:49)

-- Affected screen --
    Details:
    Screen name: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

-- Affected level --
    Details:
    Level name: MpServer
    All players: 1 total; ['_Pagan_'/620134, l='MpServer', x=102.00, y=70.12, z=32.00]]
    Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 5
    Level seed: 0
    Level generator: ID 02 - largeBiomes, ver 0. Features enabled: false
    Level generator options:
    Level spawn location: World: (252,64,-112), Chunk: (at 12,4,0 in 15,-7; contains blocks 240,0,-112 to 255,255,-97), Region: (0,-1; contains chunks 0,-32 to 31,-1, blocks 0,0,-512 to 511,255,-1)
    Level time: 14203109 game time, 481360 day time
    Level dimension: 0
    Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
    Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
    Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
    Forced entities: 1 total; ['_Pagan_'/620134, l='MpServer', x=102.00, y=70.12, z=32.00]]
    Retry entities: 0 total; []
    Stacktrace:
    at ayp.a(WorldClient.java:440)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.b(Minecraft.java:2401)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:787)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.4.6
    Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.7.0_10, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 404502968 bytes (385 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    AABB Pool Size: 10817 (605752 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 10817 (605752 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP v7.25 FML v4.6.12.511 Minecraft Forge 6.5.0.473 9 mods loaded, 9 mods active
    mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    Thaumcraft [Thaumcraft] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    TwilightForest [The Twilight Forest] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    MoCreatures [DrZhark's Mo'Creatures] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    CustomSpawner [DrZhark's CustomSpawner] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    Lanterns [Lanterns] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    mod_GuiAPI [mod_GuiAPI] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series GL version 4.2.11631 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Texture Pack: Default
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.EntitySpawnPacket.execute(EntitySpawnPacket.java:175)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleFMLPacket(FMLNetworkHandler.java:102)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:67)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1537)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:846)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 31b6ada6 ----------
    Quote from PennySue

Worked for about 20 minutes then crashed. Now it crashes every time I log in. A friend installed it on his server. I installed it on my side using MultiMC. I was in the Twilight Forest, mined up some of the new ores from Thaumcraft, then jumped into the portal to go back to the regular world... crash =(

Minecraft Forge
    GuiAPI
    Lanterns 1.2.5 Universal
    DrZhark's Mo Creatures
    Twilight Forest
    Thaumcraft

Minecraft Error Report:

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

A full error report has been saved to C:\Games\Minecraft\instances\QWA - Adults\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-12-30_06.58.36-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

Full report at:
    C:\Games\Minecraft\instances\QWA - Adults\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-12-30_06.58.36-client.txt

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:

-- Affected screen --
    Details:

-- Affected level --
    Details:
    All players: 1 total; ['_Pagan_'/620134, l='MpServer', x=102.00, y=70.12, z=32.00]]
    Level generator options:
    Level spawn location: World: (252,64,-112), Chunk: (at 12,4,0 in 15,-7; contains blocks 240,0,-112 to 255,255,-97), Region: (0,-1; contains chunks 0,-32 to 31,-1, blocks 0,0,-512 to 511,255,-1)
    Forced entities: 1 total; ['_Pagan_'/620134, l='MpServer', x=102.00, y=70.12, z=32.00]]
    Stacktrace:

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 404502968 bytes (385 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    AABB Pool Size: 10817 (605752 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 10817 (605752 bytes; 0 MB) used
    FML: MCP v7.25 FML v4.6.12.511 Minecraft Forge 6.5.0.473 9 mods loaded, 9 mods active
    mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    Thaumcraft [Thaumcraft] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    TwilightForest [The Twilight Forest] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    MoCreatures [DrZhark's Mo'Creatures] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    CustomSpawner [DrZhark's CustomSpawner] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    Lanterns [Lanterns] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    mod_GuiAPI [mod_GuiAPI] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available
    OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series GL version 4.2.11631 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

doesn't seem to be a thaumcraft issue

[WIP BANNER!]
    Then what does it seem to be an issue with?
    Server worked fine for weeks... install this mod.. .now it crashes. Seems awefully suspect =/
    Quote from PennySue

Minecraft Forge
    GuiAPI
    Lanterns 1.2.5 Universal
    DrZhark's Mo Creatures
    Twilight Forest
    Thaumcraft

Minecraft Error Report:

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Full report at:

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:

-- Affected screen --
    Details:

-- Affected level --
    Details:
    Level generator options:
    Stacktrace:

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpotâ„¢ Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Make sure that you got the same mods(versions) and configs. Maybe the server owner coud send you his files.
    My personal guess woud be Mos Creatures or Lanterns. Looks to me like your client found something on the server it doesnt recognize. Coud also be something from Thaumcraft that got placed close to the Portal and you got a different ID. Just a guess.
    I guess the server didnt crash from that?

I actually got no idea and just guess around.
    Last edited by Cyrot3k: 12/30/2012 7:24:25 AM
    I'm not a native english speaker, please bear that in mind.
    Server is still up, yes.

Admin has the mod files posted on his website and intructions. I used those files and followed the instructions. Worked fine on all the other mods for a couple weeks now.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes