Shaders Mod v2.3.18 (updated by karyonix)

karyonix, I beg to allow using projections and shadows for "gbuffers" shaders.
    Last edited by Alexei03a: 5/9/2013 3:06:13 AM
    Pacman!
    I like using this mixed in with other mods like Mo Creatures and Fossil Archeology but I have a question: Do the shaders work in different dimensions from mods? For example: Dravite Hills from Divine RPG.
    Hey guys

This is very off topic and I apologise, but people in this thread seem to be very switched on.

Im running a server thats roughly 1.5-2 years old. So you can imagine that for us to find emerald, or a jungle biome, we have to go on a exploring expedition that rivals Columbus or Captain James Cook.

it was brought to my attention today that it may be possible to update the map....or make a new map by using the same seed and everything that people have built on the server, and everything in their chests would be brought over....can this be done?

Basically what I'm asking, is this. Can I update my minecraft world so that all thew new stuff like emerald and what not is not so far away?
    Quote from suteck

Hey guys

This is very off topic and I apologise, but people in this thread seem to be very switched on.

Im running a server thats roughly 1.5-2 years old. So you can imagine that for us to find emerald, or a jungle biome, we have to go on a exploring expedition that rivals Columbus or Captain James Cook.

it was brought to my attention today that it may be possible to update the map....or make a new map by using the same seed and everything that people have built on the server, and everything in their chests would be brought over....can this be done?

Basically what I'm asking, is this. Can I update my minecraft world so that all thew new stuff like emerald and what not is not so far away?

I don't know of any way to create a while new world while keeping buildings and chests, sadly.

Theoretically, you should be able to delete empty chunks in MCEdit, change their biome, and regenerate them. However, I have never attempted such a thing, and from what I have heard, it can be risky. You'd probably be better off just resetting the map, or set up a command block to warp people a fair distance from spawn into new chunks.
    Last edited by pocketpc: 5/9/2013 12:48:16 PM
    Dell Inspiron 15 | Intel i5-3337U | Intel HD 4000 | 685GB 7200RPM HDD | 6GB RAM
    Quote from suteck

Hey guys

There's probably some fancy automatic way to do it, but I'd make copies of the buildings in mcedit, save them as schematics and then paste them back into a new copy of the world seed at the same co-ordinates.
    Wouldn't really help with finding new jungle biomes though.

Btw, depending on what version of minecraft you used to create the world in the first place, there's a good chance that using that seed number will produce a completely different world on a newer minecraft version
    Last edited by EskimoNoise: 5/9/2013 1:48:14 PM
    EskimoNoise's Texture Pack Conversions For Shaders
    Quote from Ramzi3D

naaaaaaaaaaaaah! I want an update! :steve_rage:

I want people to stop moaning about there being no update because it's not going to make any difference
    Looks like we're both going to be disappointed :steve_sillyface:
    Last edited by EskimoNoise: 5/9/2013 1:54:20 PM
    This mod is great, using it in 1.5.1 still but it is really user friendly, i really like it :) thanks
    Quote from EskimoNoise

Not sure why you'd want my world save but here you go, please bear in mind that I get bored/distracted very easily so there's lots of unfinished stuff
    http://www.mediafire...s3k1piub7i8i1sa

Edit: For some weird reason about 50 100 of you have download my world save so far.
    A bit of feedback would be nice, even if it's just to say how much it sucks.

Thanks for sharing it!
    Devil Never Cry...
    Do you gonna update to 1.5.2?
    pls
    Last edited by mrEnd: 5/9/2013 4:18:58 PM
    Quote from mrEnd

Do you gonna update to 1.5.2?
    pls

You gonna have to wait, karyonix is still working on it.
    pls
    Last edited by Saberpeep: 5/9/2013 6:01:20 PM
    Quote from EskimoNoise

I want people to stop moaning about there being no update because it's not going to make any difference
    Looks like we're both going to be disappointed :steve_sillyface:

You've seem to take a liking to GLSL Shaders EskimoNoise, so why don't you update it? You obviously are interested with it.
    Last edited by BlueThunderZekrom: 5/9/2013 7:18:31 PM

You've seem to take a liking to GLSL Shaders EskimoNoise, so why don't you update it? You obviously are interested with it.

I'd love to, but my self destructing brain doesn't play ball when it comes to anything complicated.
    Besides, it looks like Karyonix and Sonic Ether have things pretty well covered already.
    Sonic Ether has updated Shaders mod to 1.5.2 with normal map loading.
    I can't do it that fast.
    I think I will leave it to him.

I will study about different modding approach.
    I want to relief Shaders mod's dependency on OptiFine version.
    Last edited by karyonix: 5/10/2013 1:16:20 AM
    Quote from karyonix

I can't do it that fast.

Is your glsl shaders mod open source?
    Thanks for the amazing mod! And keep it up! :)
    This is my first cinematic made with Shaders mod and some editing in after effects:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JspeUP3fXeU
    Quote from karyonix

I can't do it that fast.

Hi karyonix,

Can you please clarify some points of your statement?
    Are you abandoning the development of the mod completely?
    Are you going to join efforts with Sonic Ether?
    Can we expect any more releases from you? 1.6?

Anyway, thanks for your efforts and can you please publish the source code of the last preview (1.45.1).
    I plan to finish 1.5.x texture loading update and may continue updating a few more versions.
    Users may not need my version if Sonic Ether's version is released before mine.
    I will probably move on to next project -- converting Shaders mod for FML and do code patching at load time. I hope it will provide greater flexibility and compatibility.

Here is ShadersMod WIP 1.45.2 updated for 1.5.2 D2.
    It is just like previous preview. No normal map and specular map for terrain.
    ShadersMod-mc1.5.2-ofuD2-1.45.2.zip download link
    Source code diff (based on decompiled minecraft+optifine) download link
    Quote from karyonix

I plan to finish 1.5.x texture loading update and may continue updating a few more versions.
    I will probably move on to next project -- converting Shaders mod for FML and do code patching at load time. I hope it will provide greater flexibility and compatibility.

Thank you! :D
    Quote from karyonix

Thanks man! Gl with finishing it!

Most people think the cake is a lie. Without cake my life has no meaning. My life has a meaning. Therefore the cake is true.
    If you need any help with shaders, I made a Word document having a few fixes: https://www.dropbox....10.0 fixes.docx If your problem is not listed, feel free to send me a PM!
    nice,I can't wait to see mapping back (and I hope that it will support alpha variation to make things such as reflective glass)

English isn't my native language, if I am making errors or if you feel offended because of something I said incorrectly, please tell me, that will help me to improve my English level, thanks.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes