[1.6.2/1.6.4] Tale Of Kingdoms [V1.5 Pre-Release 2]

Quote from Spaceofbirds

Why can't I use tales of kingdom on 1.3.2, and when I do it freezes on the mojang pic.

Why can't I use tales of kingdom on 1.3.2, and when I do it freezes on the mojang pic.

When are you going to put the 1.3.2 up.
    I want it.

Shush. Of course it's gonna freeze. IT'S FOR 1.2.5 NOT 1.3.2. Learn to wait.
    Last edited by MattThePadawan: 9/30/2012 3:22:57 AM
    With the Better Than Wolves mod!
    Quote from Gramling

I cant w8 to see this for 1.3.2!!! havent tryed it in the past, and cant w8 for the update!

w8? You mean wait? :D *GRAMMAR POLICE*
    Quote from aginsun

First of all, before I start with the mod itself, This mod is made by tyberalyx, and unfortunately he stopped updating the mod, also he gave permission to anyone to update the mod!

So now he has stopped doing that i will continue and start updating the mod first to 1.2.5 and then to 1.3.2, so what can you expect in the upcoming month(maybe 2 months) for this mod:
    * SMP compatibility (hoping this will work)
    * 1.3.2 compatibility (working on it atm)
    * Hopefully set up a nice wiki
    * An IRC channel, is already there :) (webchat.esper.net) #TaleOfKingdoms
    * Mystcraft symbol to make this happen (so you could have kingdom fights.. i dunno, think of something :P )

What is Tale of Kingdoms?

Tale of Kingdoms is an adventure RPG mod where you prove your worth as a King, fight evil and eventually raise your own Kingdom. The mod currently includes the starting guild, where you must prove to the Guild Master that you are worthy of ruling your Kingdom, as well as several different NPC, friendly, neutral and aggressive.

How to Install Tale of Kingdoms?

1: start with a fresh .minecraft that is version 1.2.5!!!
    2: install Forge version 3.3.7.135
    3: Drag TaleOfKingdoms V1.3.0.1 into the mods folder
    4: test if everything works!!
    5: have fun

side note: if you are updating, please remove the .props file, could give some issues!

Download: Tale Of Kingdoms V1.3.0.1 (Requires Forge 3.3.7.135)

License

Short version: This is mine. I'm not responsible for what it does to your data or computer. You may not distribute it as is or modified.
    You can install and play this mod wherever and however you see fit. You may have fun playing this mod.
    TERMS AND CONDITIONS
    0. USED TERMS
    MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with or alters the Minecraft software to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
    MOJANG - Mojang AB
    OWNER - Aginsun, Current Maintainer of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
    USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod. (You!)

1. LIABILITY
    THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME. PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.

2. USE
    Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

3. REDISTRIBUTION
    This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.

4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
    This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.

ps. will pretty it up later :)

Original thread: http://www.minecraft...ngdoms-ver-130/ also for the no pics, no clicks guys, here are the pictures of the mod ;)
    keep up the good work aginsun! do you have any specific date of the release of the 1.3.2 version?
    Quote from HarveyDicen456

So, I got a Crash :(
    The Head Wizard Crashes when i left click him.
    Here is something important (I think it is atleast in the forge modloader.)

2012-09-29 17:05:54 [SEVERE] A critical error has occurred.
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at GuiMageHall.<init>(GuiMageHall.java:22)
    at EntityMageKeeper.c(EntityMageKeeper.java:63)
    at yw.j(EntityPlayer.java:1057)
    at ki.a(PlayerController.java:126)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.c(Minecraft.java:1342)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(Minecraft.java:1804)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:825)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:753)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    I'm also using the Technicpack to make my kingdom more advance in technology. :)

its a small problem in the gui... i won't fix it for now.. since Im concentrating on 1.3.2 and still have many problems.... maybe ill release a 1.2.5 version with the new save system, wanna see if it works correctly ;)
    Quote from piratasapo222

keep up the good work aginsun! do you have any specific date of the release of the 1.3.2 version?

normally i don't answer ETA requests... Tho i might have a release date for a closed beta :P (and you wanna know who can attend in the closed beta :)) that question will be answered later.. tho Release closed beta.. October 10th... i think thats a nice date :)
    nice
    Quote from aginsun

-snip-

normally i don't answer ETA requests... Tho i might have a release date for a closed beta :P (and you wanna know who can attend in the closed beta :) ) that question will be answered later.. tho Release closed beta.. October 10th... i think thats a nice date :)
    Awesome.
    Last edited by Dangeresque486: 9/30/2012 6:34:40 PM

I really hope you're successful in converting the mod into 1.3.2, can't wait to play it. But looks like I have to wait.
    Wow, thanks a lot for keeping this mod alive. I watched paulsoaresjr's videos on it and I was devastated when I found out it wasn't being updated anymore.
    2 questions:
    1. When you have this mod installed, does every existing world turn into a tale of kingdoms world and every new one you make or just the one you choose?
    2. Can everyone please stop quoting the original post it is getting quite annoying.
    Hope you can answer.
    You should get help from other coders out there to help you improve this mod
    Quote from boss7654

Wow, thanks a lot for keeping this mod alive. I watched paulsoaresjr's videos on it and I was devastated when I found out it wasn't being updated anymore.
    2 questions:
    1. When you have this mod installed, does every existing world turn into a tale of kingdoms world and every new one you make or just the one you choose?
    2. Can everyone please stop quoting the original post it is getting quite annoying.
    Hope you can answer.

No old worlds won't turn into tale of kingdoms words (maybe some raficule-holes will spawn)

Thx aginsun for updating it its my most favourite mod :P
    Quote from boss7654

2 questions:
    Hope you can answer.

1: absolutely NO, you need to make a new world, not even refi holes will spawn ;P tho i will be adding a small block that can be used to turn your 1.3.2 worlds into a tale of kingdoms world (if it works properly :P)
    2: Indeed, please people stop that nonsence, else i will ask insomniac_lemon or another admin to lock this thread until i have the mod updated

Quote from don1272

You should get help from other coders out there to help you improve this mod

Maybe, the only problem is people that have no understanding of mods or modding are going to fill in the "form" and then i need to filter all those out, and tbh i don't have time for that...
    Quote from aginsun

1: absolutely NO, you need to make a new world, not even refi holes will spawn ;P tho i will be adding a small block that can be used to turn your 1.3.2 worlds into a tale of kingdoms world (if it works properly :P )
    2: Indeed, please people stop that nonsence, else i will ask insomniac_lemon or another admin to lock this thread until i have the mod updated

Maybe, the only problem is people that have no understanding of mods or modding are going to fill in the "form" and then i need to filter all those out, and tbh i don't have time for that...

Well atleast keep the good work up
    and thank you
    Quote from aginsun

1: absolutely NO, you need to make a new world, not even refi holes will spawn ;P tho i will be adding a small block that can be used to turn your 1.3.2 worlds into a tale of kingdoms world (if it works properly :P )

Thanks for the answer, and, does only one new world that you make become a tale of kingdoms world, or every new one?
    Quote from boss7654

Thanks for the answer, and, does only one new world that you make become a tale of kingdoms world, or every new one?

there is a possibility to choose. if a world starts a gui will show up and you need to make the decision if you wanna play vanilla or tale of kingdoms :)
    Okay i got an idea for the new tales of kingdoms :
    After finishing the game (you have completed the city) you could add an opation that would allow you to build another city , this way , it would be better by my opinion and thanks for the work again
    Quote from pinshery

Okay i got an idea for the new tales of kingdoms :
    After finishing the game (you have completed the city) you could add an opation that would allow you to build another city , this way , it would be better by my opinion and thanks for the work again

Aginsun is not making the new tale of kingdoms. He is updating the old one and improving it. Tyberalyx is making the new one.
    Quote from boss7654

Aginsun is not making the new tale of kingdoms. He is updating the old one and improving it. Tyberalyx is making the new one.
    But that doesn't mean he can't add to it .

Quote from Dangeresque486

But that doesn't mean he can't add to it .

Pinshery was talking about the new tale of kingdoms though, which is being developed by Tyberalyx.
    Quote from boss7654

Pinshery was talking about the new tale of kingdoms though, which is being developed by Tyberalyx.
    Yes but I don't think Tyberalyx is actually making it anymore.
    Last edited by Dangeresque486: 10/4/2012 8:15:44 AM

Quote from Dangeresque486

Yes but I don't think Tyberalyx is actually making it anymore.

true true , i was thinking that tyber was still making the new tales of kingdoms
    well , since he's not making the new one anymore it would be good if
    aginsun
    could actually add it to the actual one
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes