1.6.4 1.5.2

[1.6.4/1.5.2][SSP/SMP][Forestry] Extra Bees and Trees 1.8.0 - Revolutionize your bee and tree breeding

Wow so we are actually going to have a reason to go nuclear at last :)
    Power is not always everything.
    Quote from MrSphex

Is this imprinter-like item going to have no recipe like the imprinter and have to be cheated in or is it something that will have a recipe?

God I hope it's a recipe. I don't cheat anything in, ever.

Quote from harley9699

God I hope it's a recipe. I don't cheat anything in, ever.

I just hope it's not too overpowered. Considering the imprinter marks the genome of the bees you put in. But considering it's going to be EU intensive, it should be fine :P
    Also binnie! As a side note, could you make it so you can leave the GUI of the Apiarist Database with the inventory key? Even though it's a small change, it irritates me a bit because that's house I leave most GUIs :P
    Quote from MrSphex

Also binnie! As a side note, could you make it so you can leave the GUI of the Apiarist Database with the inventory key? Even though it's a small change, it irritates me a bit because that's house I leave most GUIs :P

I deliberately turned it off because if you typed e into the text box it would quit! :L

Quote from MrSphex

I just hope it's not too overpowered. Considering the imprinter marks the genome of the bees you put in. But considering it's going to be EU intensive, it should be fine :P

It will be inefficient in terms of bee and require lots of EU and expensive machines. Also It'll be a slow process.
    Figured I'd throw it out there: Railcraft has Creosote Oil as a proper liquid now and it burns in a biogas engine by default. It also has Forestry containers.
    Last edited by denoflions: 7/15/2012 9:26:10 AM

Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.
    Quote from denoflions

Figured I'd throw it out there: Railcraft has Creosote Oil as a proper liquid now and it burns in a biogas engine by default. It also has Forestry containers.

I know, in the next version creosote oil propolises are squeezed into railcraft creosote oil liquids now
    There's some very good ideas here.
    Few Suggestions here :

1. The Watery Propolis is just not worth the effort squeezing. Make it give off propolis as byproduct.
    2. Make all Propolises give off propolis as byproduct.
    3. The Glacial Water is not worth itself, you can extract a simple water cell, maybe make it an extraordinary reactor coolant method, like, Idk dissolve 500 heat per tick for a few minutes.
    Extremly slow and probably a bit derp - like all of us ;)
    Quote from wolfenstein19

Few Suggestions here :

1. The Watery Propolis is just not worth the effort squeezing. Make it give off propolis as byproduct.
    2. Make all Propolises give off propolis as byproduct.
    3. The Glacial Water is not worth itself, you can extract a simple water cell, maybe make it an extraordinary reactor coolant method, like, Idk dissolve 500 heat per tick for a few minutes.

All propolises will squeeze to give normal propolises soon, and the glacial water will have other benefits, maybe as a regeneration potion.
    I want to create traps powered by bee drones :) Would that be of interest to you?
    Quote from NeoDraconis

I want to create traps powered by bee drones :) Would that be of interest to you?

Elaborate?
    Well Drones defend the hive... since it only take one drone to get an apriray to work the excess could be used to set defense positions around appriraries to drive off threats to the queens thus traps :) like mini hives or holes in walls playground equipment etc,
    So you want the bees to defend their apiary by attacking entities/mobs near it?
    Not exactly all though that could work if you wanted to complicate the apiary, I was thinking of like a little something else you build to house the extra drones and have them defend any apiary nearby from entities/mobs which ones they defend from; how fiercely and what manner depends on the bee. So would that interest you?
    Quote from NeoDraconis

Not exactly all though that could work if you wanted to complicate the apiary, I was thinking of like a little something else you build to house the extra drones and have them defend any apiary nearby from entities/mobs which ones they defend from; how fiercely and what manner depends on the bee. So would that interest you?

Like a defensive block made from nether/sinister bees that attack mobs? Possible
    Yes but more open to run off any kind of drone... as most of them just go to the void, or lava as it stands now I just thought it would be a creative way to use them up without wasting them.Or you could complicate your apiaries to do that instead.
    Quote from NeoDraconis

Yes but more open to run off any kind of drone... as most of them just go to the void, or lava as it stands now I just thought it would be a creative way to use them up without wasting them.

Or you could complicate your apiaries to do that instead.

With the things I'm working on you'd better be stocking up lots and lots of excess bees :P
    Oh I will :P
    Quote from Binnie

It shall be a very EU-intensive IC2 machine. I've got a very nice GUI planned out for it

My own question for the imprinter-like item you're implementing.. Will it be just like the normal imprinter and not require you to discover the bee itself 1st, or will you need to have bred it before? The latter would make more sense to me, since the player shouldn't "know" how a bee's genome is until they actually "see" it.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes