[1.6.4] Safechat

Quote from Colecf

You do have the mod installed, and it works for the default word list, right? Make sure the words are separated by commas, and if you use any special characters (such as .()\[] ect) you may need to escape them by putting a backslash in front. See the link in the config file about Java Regexes if that's the case.
    Yes, all the default words are censored with ***. I haven't used any special characters, at least none I can recall.
    Last edited by AMagicalCow: 8/12/2013 11:57:04 PM
    Quote from Aderpymuffin

Yes, all the default words are censored with ***. They are all seperated by commas, and I haven't used any special characters.. I really don't know. D:
    It's not really the words that bother me too much, but rather the settings. I made deleteWholeword true, etc, and.. well, no difference.
    Sorry for this confusion.
    thanks the swearing gets really annoying sometimes
    While I don't use this mod myself (I like to know what people are calling me in game), I think it's very well made. Glad to see my ol' pal Cole can still make great mods. Now, everyone who reads this. Ask Cole about his QuickCoords mod. Do it.
    Finally got it to work! I had to reinstall Minecraft entirely.. a tad annoying, but I'm happy now. Great mod!
    thanks for this :)

Quote from Colecf

Thanks. Looks like the problem is you have a config file from an old version of safechat. Could you please delete it and let it regenerate it? (It's in your minecraftfolder/config/safechat.properties) I'll update the mod to detect that...

Thank you so much! It's working fine, now! :)

.png" />
    [SSSS]
    Hey, it's me again. Well, just recently the mod seems to have been glitching like insane. Everything I say, and anything anyone else says (including commands and server-generated messages) have constantly been censored. E.g, if I say "hi," it will be censored as "jellyjellyjellyjellyjelly" (the word I chose to censor the swears with; random, I know). This is very annoying and because of this I can no longer chat with my friends without the risks of swears. I hope you can find out what the problem may be. Thanks.
    Quote from iambillybobjoe

Well, just recently the mod seems to have been glitching like insane.

The mod works fine. Make sure your filter isn't matching the words you say. If you have a * as one of your filters (or possibly contained within a filter) it will match every word.
    Quote from Colecf

The mod works fine. Make sure your filter isn't matching the words you say. If you have a * as one of your filters (or possibly contained within a filter) it will match every word.

What do you mean? I'm a bit confused, sorry.. :(
    Quote from iambillybobjoe

What do you mean? I'm a bit confused, sorry.. :(

Make sure your list of swear words doesn't contain any special characters. (*/\. ect) If you can't get it working delete the config file and it'll generate a new one and it should work.
    Alright, I'll try that. I do have a few words with special characters in my list, I'll try and delete 'em and see if that makes a difference.
    If not I'll reinstall entirely.
    It seems to be working now! That was odd; the mod had never done that before, even when I had special characters previously. Oh, well. Thanks.
    Thank you so much for creating this mod, I've been needing something like this for quite a while now. One thing I've been noticing though is that the mod is still censoring words such as "class" and "assassin" (e.g when playing a game it would say "Your cl*** has been set"), when clearly it shouldn't. I've been messing around with the configurations with no luck. Any way to fix this?
    Last edited by crazykookycooki: 8/23/2013 9:31:45 PM
    I would love to use this for a different reason but first i need to know if the following is possible.
    Is there a way to choose which words get replaced with what, does it work with signs and is there a way to toggle it on and off?
    nice mod really cool
    Quote from nummygummy

Thank you so much for creating this mod, I've been needing something like this for quite a while now. One thing I've been noticing though is that the mod is still censoring words such as "class" and "assassin" (e.g when playing a game it would say "Your cl*** has been set"), when clearly it shouldn't. I've been messing around with the configurations with no luck. Any way to fix this?

If you used pretty much the origional version of the mod, delete safechat.properties and have it regenerate it for a better filter.

Quote from Xanthius_Balaraw

I would love to use this for a different reason but first i need to know if the following is possible.
    Is there a way to choose which words get replaced with what, does it work with signs and is there a way to toggle it on and off?

1. No, but that's a very commonly requested feature so I'll be adding it in the 1.7 update.
    2. No it doesn't work with signs.
    3. There's not really any way to toggle it other than moving it out of the mods folder and restarting minecraft. (I want it to be somewhat child proof)
    this is exactly what I need for my kids. Is there any way to make it work with mac? I read a TON of the thread and didn't see anything about that.
    Quote from lotsofjoy

this is exactly what I need for my kids. Is there any way to make it work with mac? I read a TON of the thread and didn't see anything about that.

Yes, all minecraft mods are cross platform. Follow any mod installation tutorial you want (there are a ton out there) and if they don't mention macs just know that your .minecraft folder is in ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft. (Open finder press cmd+shift+G and paste that in)
    Thanks for this, really a huge help for my channel. Especially when playing H&S on the Hive, the chat messages get unbelievably profane!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes