[1.6.2] Universal Electricity - An Electricity System Modding API

Is there any plan to update Fluid Mechanics? Also Complex Machines is broken and most if the textures are missing.
    Quote from Superkalasnikov

People. Installing Galacticraft will fix Missing Basic Components parts.

Yeah... but any version after .566 will cause you unable to smelt ore. unless you have other mods that have the same recipe with the same item
    Quote from precis1oN

Is there any plan to update Fluid Mechanics? Also Complex Machines is broken and most if the textures are missing.

I check the website and it said that dark is working on it, however i tried download it and lots of them are either missing texture or no crafting recipe
    this might not be true since I already have so many mod install, so try it yourself
    here is the link to dark's project:
    sourceforge.net/projects/guardsmanmcm/files/CoreMachine/Release-56%20MC1.6.2%20%202013-09-06_05-31-31/
    Great mod! But you should really add lights so it has a efficient use in my house.
    how do i install it? when i put it in my mods folder, universal electricity does not even appear in the game. and when i use ICBM contraptions, it crashes the client. i am using the forge installer and Too many items. also, the ICBM explosives mod was very laggy and at one point when i turned my settings to fast, it crashed and suddenly it started using all 8GB of my RAM and my PC locked up for a good 3 minutes because my ram was all used up. i have a really good pc too.
    Last edited by Darkstar09: 9/8/2013 2:23:18 AM
    The UE forum won't let me register, so I'll post here.

Whenever I try to install after the latest forge (9.10.1.858) it starts normally once.
    When I check UE didn't get loaded at all. Next time I try it does, leaving me with this crash:
    cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: universalelectricity.core.item.ItemElectric.getMaxElectricityStored(Lnet/minecraft/item/ItemStack;)F
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:149)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:521)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:181)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:471)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:806)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:57)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:18)
    Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: universalelectricity.core.item.ItemElectric.getMaxElectricityStored(Lnet/minecraft/item/ItemStack;)F
    at universalelectricity.core.item.ItemElectric.setElectricity(ItemElectric.java:105)
    at universalelectricity.core.item.ElectricItemHelper.getWithCharge(ElectricItemHelper.java:65)
    at universalelectricity.core.item.ElectricItemHelper.getUncharged(ElectricItemHelper.java:85)
    at universalelectricity.core.item.ElectricItemHelper.getUncharged(ElectricItemHelper.java:90)
    at basiccomponents.common.BasicComponents.requireItem(BasicComponents.java:285)
    at basiccomponents.common.BasicComponents.requestItem(BasicComponents.java:355)
    at basiccomponents.common.BasicComponents.requestAll(BasicComponents.java:634)
    at basiccomponents.common.BasicComponents.requestAll(BasicComponents.java:597)
    at pixlepix.complexmachines.common.ComplexMachines.loadBlocks(ComplexMachines.java:156)
    at pixlepix.complexmachines.common.ComplexMachines.preInit(ComplexMachines.java:178)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:540)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:194)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:174)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:105)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:520)
    ... 10 more

I installed resonant Induction thinking it might be a method for the new power gen, no luck though.

can anyone explain to me what method is missing and where it's from?
    I've been trying to get some of the mods that require universal electricity such as ICBM. I successfully installed forge and basic components and ICBM is also working fine. I dragged the universal electricity into the mods folder and it doesn't recognize that there's a mod. I'm on 1.6.2. Why won't it work?

edit: To make it more clear, when I load the game and click "mods", universal electricity is not there, and it is not installed. So how do you install it?
    Last edited by dan1029384: 9/8/2013 6:42:10 PM
    Hey Calcavia,

First, just want to say that I've been enjoying a fair bit of what UE has to offer. MFFS is a lot of fun, as is ICBM. I'm looking to try out AtomicScience as well. You and the rest of the UE team have done some great work putting these together. :D

That said, I've noticed a problem with the latest Basic Components builds (v1.0.0.9, v1.0.0.10, v1.0.0.11), when it comes to making the Basic Circuit item. Its recipe requires an item called "tile.comparator.name", which apparently has itemID 149. This item is uncraftable and seems to be a technical part of the Redstone Comparator item, which has itemID 404. I think this item mixup is present in a few of the other Basic Components recipes as well. It's a problem because the only way to get this 149 item is via creative-mode item spawning. Getting it in survival mode is impossible.

Would it be possible to fix the recipe so it uses the actual Redstone Comparator item (404), and not this other one (149)? It'd be much appreciated.

Also, another minor issue; currently I am using BasicComponents alongside Tinker's Construct. For some reason, the mod seems to decide that using TC's Paper Stack items for the making of Bronze Plates and Steel Plates is a good idea (nonsensical item choice, and a duplicate recipe, to boot). If the recipe could be revised there to make use of actual Steel and Bronze ingots, as already supplied by BasicComponents (or other mods via the Forge Ore Dictionary), that'd also be a valued change.

Thanks in advance, and I hope development is going well for you. I'm looking forward to seeing where UE is going, once it moves through the current flurry of changes that seems to be happening. :)

Also, for everyone complaining about missing textures: If you want to, you can add your own. You can open up the "Basic_Components_vX.X.X.X.jar" file in WinRar or WinZip and add the following folder structure:

assets
    --blocks
    ----oreCopper.png
    ----oreTin.png
    --items
    ----battery.png
    ----circuitAdvanced.png
    ----circuitBasic.png
    ----circuitElite.png
    ----copperwire.png
    ----dustBronze.png
    ----dustSteel.png
    ----infiniteBattery.png
    ----ingotBronze.png
    ----ingotCopper.png
    ----ingotSteel.png
    ----ingotTin.png
    ----motor.png
    ----oilbucket.png
    ----plateBronze.png
    ----plateSteel.png
    ----wrench.png

...where every ".png" file is a 16x16 pixel PNG image. I don't know why, but BasicComponents currently just doesn't include any textures at all, but it will use textures when provided with them.

Also, make sure you don't change anything else in any of the existing folders, assuming you don't want to break things. :P

Hope this helps some people.
    Last edited by skyeyemachine: 9/8/2013 8:43:54 PM
    where abouts do i get basic components 1.5.2? i'm trying to get this to work for 1.5.2, i have the most recent forge for it, and i can't study the error because it black screens, any ideas why?
    Calclavia, recently I have added UE and several related mods to my private modpack. However, when I enter the game (singleplayer or multiplayer), the world will simply not load. It stays as a loading screen for several minutes, and then it stops responding and I have to forcefully shut down the game. I currently have 51 mods installed, including BasicComponents, Universal Electricity, Mekanism, Atomic Science, and ICBM. I am running forge version 1.6.2-9.10.0.829. I have never had this problem before I installed these mods, but I am loathe to play without them because of the excellent content that they provide. I am using the most recent version of all of these mods. If I am using the wrong version of something, please let me know. Thanks
    Never give in, never give up, never surrender.
    Quote from skyeyemachine

Also, for everyone complaining about missing textures: If you want to, you can add your own. You can open up the "Basic_Components_vX.X.X.X.jar" file in WinRar or WinZip and add the following folder structure:

assets
    --blocks
    ----oreCopper.png
    ----oreTin.png
    --items
    ----battery.png
    ----circuitAdvanced.png
    ----circuitBasic.png
    ----circuitElite.png
    ----copperwire.png
    ----dustBronze.png
    ----dustSteel.png
    ----infiniteBattery.png
    ----ingotBronze.png
    ----ingotCopper.png
    ----ingotSteel.png
    ----ingotTin.png
    ----motor.png
    ----oilbucket.png
    ----plateBronze.png
    ----plateSteel.png
    ----wrench.png

...where every ".png" file is a 16x16 pixel PNG image. I don't know why, but BasicComponents currently just doesn't include any textures at all, but it will use textures when provided with them.

Also, make sure you don't change anything else in any of the existing folders, assuming you don't want to break things. :P

Hope this helps some people.

There is an easier way to get the assets into the jar. Just go here: https://github.com/Universal-Electricity/Basic-Components and download the resources and place the assets folder into the root of the .jar file. Battery.png is not in there though. Are you sure that is an asset that the mod uses?
    Quote from NCrawler

There is an easier way to get the assets into the jar. Just go here: https://github.com/U...asic-Components and download the resources and place the assets folder into the root of the .jar file. Battery.png is not in there though. Are you sure that is an asset that the mod uses?

Hum, I didn't realize they had textures packed up in their github; thanks for the info. And no, I'm not entirely sure if it does use that asset, upon reflection; I'd have to double-check. Checking I had the right item/texture names was a touch-and-go process, so I may have left an extra one in there by accident, not that it should hurt anything.
    f**kin forge aint loading yer mod! (Forge 858, 1.6.2)
    weird ....
    Last edited by ihateherobrine373: 9/11/2013 1:51:36 PM
    i
    Has played RedPower II in the ol' maiden days of 1.4.6

f**kin forge aint loading yer mod! (Forge 858, 1.6.2)
    weird ....

Forge .844 works fine for me. The common advice with Forge is to use the latest version and then, if that fails, roll back to earlier versions until you find one that works; Forge development is pretty rapid, and important functions that one or more mods rely on can change between versions in ways that cause them to fail.

Some mods have minimum Forge version requirements, though, so pay attention to that where specified.

G'luck.
    Last edited by skyeyemachine: 9/11/2013 3:11:14 PM
    I am having a problem with the mods in the darkboxset you know dark core and so on. We are down to about level 6 and found all these new ores that pop out in one hit and turn into a block of cobble with the error "tile.dark:woodore.name 3103" Now I am stumped at this as I checked all the config files for it and found one line having "" around it but if you remove them they go back in when it relaunches.

We are running a 1.6.2 server if it matters. The blocks look kinda greenish and the other is a type of copper I would guess from looking at it, but they all pop out in one punch and all stack up with that error block.
    Any ideas how to fix this?
    Has anyone found a solution to the tile.comparitor.name requirement in the basic circuit recipe for basic components?
    Quote from xxskyjackxx

Has anyone found a solution to the tile.comparitor.name requirement in the basic circuit recipe for basic components?

I submitted a bug report to Calcavia and crew a bit earlier. I see my notes have made their way onto the BasicComponents github, so hopefully this and a few other issues will be resolved soon. Thanks Calcavia! :)
    Last edited by skyeyemachine: 9/15/2013 4:36:20 PM
    I installed all 4 parts of ICBM, I installed both parts of ue and then all 4 parts of mekanism but, as people have been pointing out, ue doesn't register, and then I try installing basic components, which apears on the mods menu but doesn't add anything
    Do they plan to release stable 1.6.2 builds soon or are they waiting for 1.7?
    why did he take the complex machines mod of the website???
    Quote from Emelio09

why did he take the complex machines mod of the website???
    It was broken, would be my guess.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes