1.7.10 SMP SSP

[LiteLoader] Gammabright - Advanced Brightness / Fullbright Mod

Poll: Which mode do you prefer as the default?

Your Opinion

Which mode do you prefer as the default? - Single Choice

• Having the indicator stay on always 22.2%
  • Having the indicator automatically disappear after use 77.8%
    Quote from Markmaxwell

could u please update to 1.4.1

Since Gammabright is dependent on ModLoader, I first need to wait for ModLoader to update to 1.4 before I can begin updating Gammabright. No, I'm not going to be using Forge. Besides just being compatible with 1.4, I'll most likely include some fixes for the problems people have brought up on the last couple pages of this thread. :)
    modloader is out yay
    Thanks for you mod :Notch:
    One problem I found with the 1.4.2 release - while pressing "n" doesn't toggle Gammabright when typing, it still produces an audible click. Other than that it's great to see the bugs being ironed out!
    Quote from jrtc27

One problem I found with the 1.4.2 release - while pressing "n" doesn't toggle Gammabright when typing, it still produces an audible click. Other than that it's great to see the bugs being ironed out!

Fixed. Thank you! :)
    Is there any way you can make this mod not dependent on ModLoader?

With the update to 1.4.4, ModLoader hasn't updated yet, so I can't even see if the 1.4.2 version of Gammabright will work on 1.4.4

Also, this mod is great and reduces my need for torches >97%. It's also great for shooting video, since you don't have to worry if things are lit up enough.
    Find me on mc.swclan.org
    Quote from hitemlow

With the update to 1.4.4, ModLoader hasn't updated yet, so I can't even see if the 1.4.2 version of Gammabright will work on 1.4.4

It wouldn't anyway, the obfuscation changed.
    I make mods... Check out my website or Twitter. If you like my mods consider supporting me on Patreon.
    As non of the mods are running with a version that is not the one the mod was done for... i bet it will not ;)
    btw: it doesn't need modloader to run... you could use FML instead (not forge... just FML).

anyway...
    Modloader was updated meanwhile! ;)
    Gammabright has been updated for Minecraft 1.4.4.
    Enjoy the new update guys! Please report any bugs you find. :D

-not sure what to add in the next update... Ideas?
    Last edited by kymaster: 11/14/2012 9:58:41 PM
    Quote from kymaster

- Known Bug: Mod will not turn off and reset when exiting worlds.

Please don't fix this "bug". I love it.
    When Minecraft updates but Gammabright/ModLoader hasn't, if you check your video settings, your brightness is set to 1000%, and you get the Gammabright lighting even without the mod!

So if you do get around to 'fixing' it, can you make it an option to not toggle on exit?
    Find me on mc.swclan.org
    Quote from hitemlow

Please don't fix this "bug". I love it.
    When Minecraft updates but Gammabright/ModLoader hasn't, if you check your video settings, your brightness is set to 1000%, and you get the Gammabright lighting even without the mod!

So if you do get around to 'fixing' it, can you make it an option to not toggle on exit?
    You don't really need Gammabright if you just want to set your brightness at a fixed amount and never change it. All you need to do is go to your .minecraft folder, find options.txt, open it, and change the value of "gamma:" to 15 (Gammabright's default) or whatever you'd like. So really, if that's what you're using Gammabright for, there's really no need for it! :)
    Last edited by kymaster: 11/15/2012 8:37:11 PM
    not asking for an update just asking do you know if it still works in 1.4.5 due to not many changes?
    It does...
    i'm using it with 1.4.5 pre for a few days now...
    Quote from Jeppa

It does...
    i'm using it with 1.4.5 pre for a few days now...

yea just found out it did thank you much
    Oh, another suggestion - when you disable Gammabright, the brightness should go back to what it was before (but clamped between 0 and 1 in case someone's being clever), instead of the default 0/moody (I hate moody!).
    Quote from jrtc27

Oh, another suggestion - when you disable Gammabright, the brightness should go back to what it was before (but clamped between 0 and 1 in case someone's being clever), instead of the default 0/moody (I hate moody!).

It does do that.. Just tested it and everything reset correctly. ;o
    Last edited by kymaster: 11/28/2012 8:34:22 PM
    Quote from kymaster

It does do that.. Just tested it and everything reset correctly. ;o

That's odd, mine keeps going to moody...
    dunno why but my mine craft crashes with this .class file :(

i messed around to find out that this was the file out of all of them to make it crash
    Quote from FlySight

i messed around to find out that this was the file out of all of them to make it crash
    More info would be good, a logfile or the crashreport...
    What mods are installed ? etc.
    Quote from FlySight

As Jeppa said, the crash report would be very helpful. :)
    Edit: Are you using the GUI-Tick Fix as well?
    Last edited by kymaster: 12/9/2012 11:26:00 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes