1.7.10 Forge

More Swords Mod

What about a sword that has a special ability to make you or another player or mob bounce in the air. But if you bounce yourself you won't take damage.
    Quote from myserieden

I posted it in a higher res than the actual texture so it could be seen. I can post the original size if you'd like.

This is .png 32x sized.

Btw I'm an Idiot I just realized what you meant by wrong format. lol this is the format you need it in.

yes this is perfect :D
    Quote from chilibomb

What about a sword that has a special ability to make you or another player or mob bounce in the air. But if you bounce yourself you won't take damage.

hey, welcome to the minecraft forums.

i actualy had plans to make an ascension enchantment if i do add an aether sword. the sword would allow the user to fly and mobs and player hit by the sword would float into the air and then fall down
    Love the mod, but just a request could you make a modloader compatible one because i have oher mods installed that use modloader and forge isn't comaptible with modloader but anyway a :Diamond: for you
    Quote from fr3quent

Love the mod, but just a request could you make a modloader compatible one because i have oher mods installed that use modloader and forge isn't comaptible with modloader but anyway a :Diamond: for you

I use Forge and Modloader together and run 15 other mods including this one, Rei's minimap, Too Many Items, Millinaire, Tale of Kingdoms, inv. tweaks, Better world generation 3, Big Trees, etc.
    Quote from DarkHax

thanks for showing interest in the 20k sword. minecraft artwork is 16x16 not 8bit ^_^ you can use any program such as microsoft paint to make the artwork. just make sure its within a 16x16 grid.

here is an example picture
    this is a 16x16 grid??? really small.....
    BTW,can anyone recommend one software for me to do the artwork?? cuz' my PC only have photoImpact......(and I don't even know how to use it well....)

or give me the model of a normal sword ,and then I will try to turn it into my design~~(plz~~~)
    Last edited by VoidShadowWolf190i: 11/14/2012 10:12:26 AM

BTW,can anyone recommend one software for me to do the artwork?? cuz' my PC only have photoImpact......(and I don't even know how to use it well....)

I use Paint.NET for almost all my texture work including high-res stuff (DDS format) for Bethesda games.
    Minecraft Server: HammondsLegacy.com
    BTW I think I have the blood sword done, incorrectly. (its also on the same side on the vanilla blood sword.) In game the blood is on the side facing the player rather than on the side that would actually slash the mob or other player. just a small detail but bothersome enough to me to say something. lol
    Last edited by myserieden: 11/14/2012 3:31:00 PM
    Quote from fr3quent

modloader mods are compatable with forge. just dont install modloader. the only problem with modloader mods is that they don't support multiplayer when you use the forge alternative.

i will consider making a modloader version for people who dont want to use forge however im not going to do it easily. i will probably add a poll or something and ask that 100 or so people vote yes for a modloader alternative.
    Quote from myserieden

I use Forge and Modloader together and run 15 other mods including this one, Rei's minimap, Too Many Items, Millinaire, Tale of Kingdoms, inv. tweaks, Better world generation 3, Big Trees, etc.

sounds like an interesting mod pack. does my mod balance well with the others or does it allow you to be to overpowered?

this is a 16x16 grid??? really small.....

or give me the model of a normal sword ,and then I will try to turn it into my design~~(plz~~~)

that is a 16x16 image. it can hold the image for one sword. you can use any image editing software such as paint.net, ms paint, photoshop and im sure there is online pixel art tools and many other art programs aswell
    nice swords derp :3
    Quote from LHammonds

I use Paint.NET for almost all my texture work including high-res stuff (DDS format) for Bethesda games.

interesting. i prefer photoshop paint.net personally. however i do have a lot of custom settings for photoshop ^^
    Quote from myserieden

BTW I think I have the blood sword done, incorrectly. (its also on the same side on the vanilla blood sword.) In game the blood is on the side facing the player rather than on the side that would actually slash the mob or other player. just a small detail but bothersome enough to me to say something. lol

FUUUUUUUUU

that aide. im not sure how i feel about this situation. i will flip the blade and see how i feel about it. no promises that it will be fixed
    Quote from PancakesLegit

nice swords derp :3

thanks?
    Quote from DarkHax

sounds like an interesting mod pack. does my mod balance well with the others or does it allow you to be to overpowered?

hmm. They seem moderately balanced. Bone sword is perfect stats. The lava sword seems to be balanced reasonably. Didn't actually check out wither sword yet. I suppose they are all pretty well balanced. I'll actually get around to testing them and give a better opinion later. But from experience Bone Sword doesn't need any changes at all. I like that its around same as wood. as it should be. anywho I'll get back to you about how balanced it feels. They didn't feel any more over powered than the Norman Sword from Millinaire.
    Quote from myserieden

hmm. They seem moderately balanced. Bone sword is perfect stats. The lava sword seems to be balanced reasonably. Didn't actually check out wither sword yet. I suppose they are all pretty well balanced. I'll actually get around to testing them and give a better opinion later. But from experience Bone Sword doesn't need any changes at all. I like that its around same as wood. as it should be. anywho I'll get back to you about how balanced it feels. They didn't feel any more over powered than the Norman Sword from Millinaire.

thanks. i want my mod to be balanced with vanilla and also be fair when using it with other mods ^^unrelated note. updated to 1.4.4
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the HD texture file is missing the Wither Bane.

Keep up the awesome work!
    Quote from Gatomalo

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the HD texture file is missing the Wither Bane.

Keep up the awesome work!

yea, i havent contacted the author of the 128 textures yet to add in the new sword
    The Abilities all seem well enough on the swords but heres what I came up with. Bone dmg should be 2, Blaze dmg 2.5, Lapis dmg 2 Durability 550, Glass dmg 2, Eye End Durability 1700, Molten Dur 450, and Wither Dmg 2. I feel that having lapis and bone were way to underpowered in comparison to the rest. the durability seemed fine on bone though. (based on the stats you have on front page.)
    Last edited by myserieden: 11/14/2012 9:59:28 PM
    Quote from myserieden

The Abilities all seem well enough on the swords but heres what I came up with. Bone dmg should be 2, Blaze dmg 2.5, Lapis dmg 2 Durability 550, Glass dmg 2, Eye End Durability 1700, Molten Dur 450, and Wither Dmg 2. I feel that having lapis and bone were way to underpowered in comparison to the rest. the durability seemed fine on bone though. (based on the stats you have on front page.)

yea, the reason why i didn't make the wither sword do much damage is because of the wither effect it gives. if im not mistaken it does 3.5 damage in total however 2.5 of that is from the wither effect. the wither effect is like true damage over time and is not effected by armor and potions. it is however negated with mild but meh.

i will look into your suggestions.
    Ah. Well I didn't realize wither as that strong. So I suppose 1dmg is more than plenty, as that would put it to 4.5 dmg which I believe is higher than any other item in game. Ignore the suggestion on the wither sword. lol. Other than the ones I mentioned it seems very balanced. You've done a fantastic job. Easily one of my fave sword mods. Granted its not as advanced as some of the others I like that it doesn't require any new materials. makes it closer to vanilla I suppose.
    Last edited by myserieden: 11/14/2012 11:44:50 PM
    Quote from myserieden

Ah. Well I didn't realize wither as that strong. So I suppose 1dmg is more than plenty, as that would put it to 4.5 dmg which I believe is higher than any other item in game. Ignore the suggestion on the wither sword. lol. Other than the ones I mentioned it seems very balanced. You've done a fantastic job. Easily one of my fave sword mods. Granted its not as advanced as some of the others I like that it doesn't require any new materials. makes it closer to vanilla I suppose.

that is something i tried for when making this mod. one thing i do have planned is to make a new way to get enchantments for the swords. i brought up the idea of a new crafting system to the negative pixels mod associations and they gave the idea that i should make the new crafting system a separate mod. that way people who want to keep the traditional mod can have it without the additional stuff.
    Ah. sounds good. Go for it. If you get it out and need a tester just message me. always happy to help where you need it.
    Quote from myserieden

Ah. sounds good. Go for it. If you get it out and need a tester just message me. always happy to help where you need it.

lol thanks for the offer, i dont tend to need beta testers as there is not nearly enough content however i may do a beta testing server down the road.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes