[1.6.X][1.5.X][Forge] Torojima's ChocoCraft 3.0.3 - happiness distilled into avian form

Quote from uncletravis
    In the snapshot that came out today Mojang added horses. some features that came with this are hay bails, horse armor, a lasso object to tie them to fence posts, and new riding mechanics. are any of these applicable to the mod?

as mentioned earlier, I definitely hope the vanilla riding classes can be used for my mod. That's what I'm waiting for :) Everything else horse related I have to check out and see how it fits into ChocoCraft. But since I always had the intention to use as much vanilla structures as possible, I will definitely see what I can use of the new horse classes ...
    running minecraft on Mac OS X - Snowleopard --- creating code since 1986 ... --- मेरा दिल भारतवासी है!
    hm. does Mo'Creature Horses have saddle bags? If not I can imagine where Mojang has got the inspiration for that one from :D

and I hope I can use hay balls and carpet for the chocobo pen and get rid of the annoying jumping with that :)

Ah, ok, Mo'Creatures horses have inventories, so probably ChocoCraft is still unknown to Mojang and not source of any inspiration to them :) So much for my 15 seconds of Minecraft fame :D
    Last edited by Torojima: 4/19/2013 4:51:44 AM
    running minecraft on Mac OS X - Snowleopard --- creating code since 1986 ... --- मेरा दिल भारतवासी है!
    I have a problem and i want to hear if one of you have the solution to it.
    Me and my friend have been playing the Big Dig mod pack on the Technic Launcher but we have been having a problem where the recipes for the Loverly Gysahl and the Golden Gysahl doesn't seem to work. We have NEI installed but still can't seem to be able to view them either. Please help us!!!

EDIT: I just read the thread and realized that it tells you that you can optain them by just farming Gysahls -_-
    Hey there. Great mod. Loving it so much.
    I've run into a problem though. I'm using it on a feed the beast server (Using the MindCrack pack + a few extra mods I added) and I've been trying to spawn chocobos with the spawner eggs. unfortunately nothing spawns. All the items are in and seem to work, but the chocobos are sadly absent. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. Is there any way I can fix this? Also noticed in single player (Where they spawn and work just fine) they don't make their awesome kweh sound. The version of Forge the mod pack uses is: 6.6.2.534 and it also uses MCP v7.26a. The modlist is rather extensive (77 including chococraft) but I can post it if it's needed. Any help would be awesome.
    hay i found a glitch if you are using the big dig mod pack with tekkit. you can dupe items by placing them in a Choco bag then catch the choco with a safari net. and last placing then in a Auto-spawner that is set to exact replica when the choco spawns it will have what ever was in the bag. i do not know if you rilly care about this becues it will only work with different mods just want to give you a heads up :mellow:

I have a problem and i want to hear if one of you have the solution to it.
    Me and my friend have been playing the Big Dig mod pack on the Technic Launcher but we have been having a problem where the recipes for the Loverly Gysahl and the Golden Gysahl doesn't seem to work. We have NEI installed but still can't seem to be able to view them either. Please help us!!!

EDIT: I just read the thread and realized that it tells you that you can optain them by just farming Gysahls -_-

OP is indeed a good start to read about the usage of the mod :)
    Quote from torontoguy2k5

Hey there. Great mod. Loving it so much.
    I've run into a problem though. I'm using it on a feed the beast server (Using the MindCrack pack + a few extra mods I added) and I've been trying to spawn chocobos with the spawner eggs. unfortunately nothing spawns. All the items are in and seem to work, but the chocobos are sadly absent. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. Is there any way I can fix this? Also noticed in single player (Where they spawn and work just fine) they don't make their awesome kweh sound. The version of Forge the mod pack uses is: 6.6.2.534 and it also uses MCP v7.26a. The modlist is rather extensive (77 including chococraft) but I can post it if it's needed. Any help would be awesome.

version of chocoCraft used might be helpful. I can not recreate this problem with my current version (but to be honest, I haven't experienced this error with all the versions before and I do use TMI for testing. And of course the spawn eggs provided by the vanilla part of mc for included mobs...
    Quote from lordofcthulhu

hay i found a glitch if you are using the big dig mod pack with tekkit. you can dupe items by placing them in a Choco bag then catch the choco with a safari net. and last placing then in a Auto-spawner that is set to exact replica when the choco spawns it will have what ever was in the bag. i do not know if you rilly care about this becues it will only work with different mods just want to give you a heads up :mellow:

Actually, this is not a glitch, but an exploit ... and there I can not help. I doubt the other mod creator(s) can help either, since this would ask for a recognition of inventories anywhere in the entity object and a interweaving of multiple mods, which I don't do... ChocoCraft is cooperating with vanilla. It is also usable in coordination with some other mods (best example is parachute-mod) and it is compatible with most other mods. But I do not make my mod dependent on any third party mod. thus I will not be implementing any other API than forge ...
    i am trying to kill the ender dragon riding a purple choco and thay keep dieing and i keep falling :Skeleton: . Please add some choco armor so i can make him look as swag as me and my :Diamond: armor
    <Snip>
    Oopsie double post ^^;
    Last edited by torontoguy2k5: 4/20/2013 5:09:56 PM
    Could you make it so that tamed Chocobos cannot take damage from other players? And possibly that they can't be rode on unless its the owner?
    Quote from Torojima

version of chocoCraft used might be helpful. I can not recreate this problem with my current version (but to be honest, I haven't experienced this error with all the versions before and I do use TMI for testing. And of course the spawn eggs provided by the vanilla part of mc for included mobs...

I'm using 2.5.3 alongside Feed-The-Beast modpack "MindCrack" along with the following additional mods: Clay Soldiers, Dynamic Elevators, bibliocraft, enhanced portals, customstuff2, colored beds, Enchanting Plus, Fancy Fences from vanilla with sprinkles, and XPBooks.
    Quote from glaciatexiii

Could you make it so that tamed Chocobos cannot take damage from other players? And possibly that they can't be rode on unless its the owner?

Actually to further expand on this idea, perhaps a way to transfer ownership from one player to another if riding is restricted to the owner. This way I can tame chocobos and make em sit still and other players can come to my ranch and buy them :)
    When I manage to get it working with the bazillion other mods I run :P
    Quote from lordofcthulhu
    i am trying to kill the ender dragon riding a purple choco and thay keep dieing and i keep falling :Skeleton: . Please add some choco armor so i can make him look as swag as me and my :Diamond: armor

sometimes in the future there will be surely a chocobo armour. This has already been discussed ...
    Quote from glaciatexiii

Omitting damage from other players will definitely not come. Omitting damage from the rider is already installed. Ownership features will surely be extended in future releases.
    Quote from torontoguy2k5
    I'm using 2.5.3 alongside Feed-The-Beast modpack "MindCrack" along with the following additional mods: Clay Soldiers, Dynamic Elevators, bibliocraft, enhanced portals, customstuff2, colored beds, Enchanting Plus, Fancy Fences from vanilla with sprinkles, and XPBooks.

Actually to further expand on this idea, perhaps a way to transfer ownership from one player to another if riding is restricted to the owner. This way I can tame chocobos and make em sit still and other players can come to my ranch and buy them :)
    When I manage to get it working with the bazillion other mods I run :P

Actually this is the problem of using Mod-Packs, you'll always have an old version of ChocoCraft running and I have stated to every mod-pack creator I will only support bugfixes and new features for the latest version of my mod. So your problem is probably solved if your mod-pack creator will include the latest (2.7.3) version of Chococraft. Also owner change features are already included in the latest version of Chococraft.

I do give permission to Mod-Pack-Creators to use my mod-pack, since I don't see what disadvantages I would have by giving the permission. The disadvantage is definitely with the user, not receiving the latest features and bug-fixes.

I still do not understand the usage of Mod-Packs in the first place. I can produce different modded version of Minecraft manually as good as with the usage of mod-packs and I always can utilise the latest version of the mods ...
    Quote from Torojima

Actually this is the problem of using Mod-Packs, you'll always have an old version of ChocoCraft running and I have stated to every mod-pack creator I will only support bugfixes and new features for the latest version of my mod. So your problem is probably solved if your mod-pack creator will include the latest (2.7.3) version of Chococraft. Also owner change features are already included in the latest version of Chococraft.

I do give permission to Mod-Pack-Creators to use my mod-pack, since I don't see what disadvantages I would have by giving the permission. The disadvantage is definitely with the user, not receiving the latest features and bug-fixes.

I still do not understand the usage of Mod-Packs in the first place. I can produce different modded version of Minecraft manually as good as with the usage of mod-packs and I always can utilise the latest version of the mods ...

Oh nono. Chococraft is not included in this modpack, I'm just adding it in as something extra because I want chocobos ^^
    Quote from torontoguy2k5

Oh nono. Chococraft is not included in this modpack, I'm just adding it in as something extra because I want chocobos ^^

Chococraft and many other mods use global entity IDs, and they often conflict (as there's only 256 of them to go around vanilla minecraft and all other mods), and are not often configurable in the configs. Could well be the source of your issue if one of the other mods in your mod pack is using the same Global Entity ID range.

It can be prevented by the mod author by using Mod Entity IDs instead, which never conflict. http://www.minecraft...0#entry18822284
    Last edited by Arkenor: 4/22/2013 12:18:20 PM
    Quote from torontoguy2k5

still you're using an old version of ChocoCraft, so anything I will fix (if not done already) will only go into the latest version of ChocoCraft ... So I probably won't be able to help you personally ... The latest version of ChocoCraft has owner-change features usable in SMP servers, but don't ask at which version I have installed them, I plainly don't remember :)
    Quote from Arkenor

Chococraft and many other mods use global entity IDs, and they often conflict (as there's only 256 of them to go around vanilla minecraft and all other mods), and are not often configurable in the configs. Could well be the source of your issue if one of the other mods in your mod pack is using the same Global Entity ID range.

It can be prevented by the mod author by using Mod Entity IDs instead, which never conflict. http://www.minecraft...0#entry18822284

as seen in different other mods and in some forge descriptions, I am using both, the global and mod-entity version. This is mainly, because it is the sole way of adding spawn eggs I have found to work properly. In the link provided by you I have read that should not be done and only the mod-entity version should be used and that a provided method of adding spawn eggs should be implemented. I've tried the provided version of spawn-egg adding, but with no success. The entities have been present in the mod, but no spawn eggs have been made available. Since I need the spawn eggs for testing and would not like to do without them, I will stick to the current version of doing things. This might be the source of some problems with other mods, but right at the moment I do not have a solution. In addition I do not use static entity-ids, but have forge allocate them to my mod. So if anybody (even with using the global ids) would do that, this should solve the compatibility problems ...
    Torojima, I dunno if you would like but one of my favorite things about chocobos are when you see them in battle!
    The mod is great the way it is and brings back great memories of the Golden Saucer; very deep and wonderfully done.

My Suggestion:
    Chocobo Armor - Different types of Chocobo armor add better defense for the chocobo but also help the rider in certain areas. There could be an armor that increases melee damage of the rider, an armor that allows the chocobo to trample other mobs (fat chocobo armor XD), one for archery, maybe a medikit armor that adds in a slight regen bonus only while something is attacking. Something of the such to make it so the armor doesn't just add more defense but gives more flavor to what a chocobo knight can be!
    Afro Hat - This needs to be a things so I can store a chicobo in it. I need this because of reasons.

The only thing I could say about this is that when I looked at one of the config files, it was a notepad and everything in it was in one long line. I dunno if there is a proper way to fix it (it happens with lots of mod) but I am unsure if I should edit it since I'm worried I might mess something up. Do you think it'd be alright to touch it?
    Quote from Ephemerius

Torojima, I dunno if you would like but one of my favorite things about chocobos are when you see them in battle!
    The mod is great the way it is and brings back great memories of the Golden Saucer; very deep and wonderfully done.

My Suggestion:
    Chocobo Armor - Different types of Chocobo armor add better defense for the chocobo but also help the rider in certain areas. There could be an armor that increases melee damage of the rider, an armor that allows the chocobo to trample other mobs (fat chocobo armor XD), one for archery, maybe a medikit armor that adds in a slight regen bonus only while something is attacking. Something of the such to make it so the armor doesn't just add more defense but gives more flavor to what a chocobo knight can be!
    Afro Hat - This needs to be a things so I can store a chicobo in it. I need this because of reasons.

The only thing I could say about this is that when I looked at one of the config files, it was a notepad and everything in it was in one long line. I dunno if there is a proper way to fix it (it happens with lots of mod) but I am unsure if I should edit it since I'm worried I might mess something up. Do you think it'd be alright to touch it?

yes, Chocobo Armour has been suggested and discussed. Sometime in the future (don't ask when :) ) it will be implemented, probably when I see what vanilla mount armour is doing and piggyback on that one :)

As for the config file, if you don't screw up the special characters, you probably will not damage anything. Even if you remove the special characters for the one used in windows only (you have to put in the line breaks and remove the special characters present yourself) I doubt you would damage the file and it should probably work as before. I say should probably, because I have not tried it out myself and just give an educated guess.

What I would do, and strongly recommend you do too, is dump the standard notepad all together (it's complete crap :P and should have been removed years ago) and use one of the proper, free applications available on the net. I recommend Textpad, which I personally use next to Visual Studio as coding tool on windoze machines. Another one is notepad++ which is recommended by different blogs and pages discussing this topic. On the Mac I'm using my trusty, good old TextWrangler on the market for don't know how long, always free to use and the best thing there is when it comes to handling any kind of text files on the Mac...

You see, there are a lot of alternatives to Notepad, which all give you an very comfortable way of handling text files and all of them don't depend on windoze line brakes only ...
    Last edited by Torojima: 4/24/2013 2:22:50 AM
    Alright, thanks a ton! I appreciate the help and response greatly.
    Please continue the wonderful work.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes