This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

[1.6.4 / 1.6.2] MamiyaOtaru's Mods (VoxelMap, ChatBubbles, etc)

Ok thanks, but I havent updated it, so how does it know to write to a new location?

haven't updated what? the mod? It's been writing to the new location for a few months. If you've done anything with waypoints since then it would write there. Otherwise odds are you just missed the directory before.
    Last edited by MamiyaOtaru: 4/8/2013 5:00:34 AM
    Quote from firewolf2011

i installed zan's minimap(voxel map) works fine, i installed chat bubbles i have yet to see if it works i figure you cant see your own speech bubble for no one on my server at the moment to try when there is will report if not working , i installed void remover i lose all my entities .(they are there but invisible and entity on the f3 screen is 0/0 but i hear my sheep and i hear my cows and i can use my chests but they are just not there and the texture for the chest in my hand as far as i have tested is a texture table with many different block textures. i should have taken a screens shot but i dont feel like reinstalling the void remover only to take a screen shot. i doubt i installed it wrong but anything is possible i guess. i also have nei installed so i dont know if it conflicts with that.

that was trying to install it manually by the way. i shortly tried installing it from the pack after and its working fine at the moment
    Quote from MamiyaOtaru

haven't updated what? the mod? It's been writing to the new location for a few months. If you've done anything with waypoints since then it would write there. Otherwise odds are you just missed the directory before.

Yeah havent updated the mod. I've downloaded it while you were still on vacation, but I've been through the whole .minecraft folder before and there wasnt any folder there, only today. And also, I've seem to also have some new folders from other mods which I havent updated appearing today. Very weird...

Oh and could you start putting version numbers on all your mods? This way, I can keep track of wether I have the most up-to-date version of the mod. :)

EDIT: I solved it! It is set to always use the %appdata&/.minecraft/, but I use MultiMC which creates its own folder and all the other mods operate out of there with their configs there and so on, but with Chat Bubbles and Voxel Minimap, they will always use %appdata&/.minecraft/. Could you fix that?
    Last edited by darkhoundmaster89: 4/8/2013 4:12:31 PM
    I tested your mod with vanilla 1.4.7 and it worked so I know I installed it correct. So it appeared that your mod pack was incompatible with Tekkit Lite. However on a whim I decided to try adding it to the modpack.jar file and thankfully it worked!

EDIT: I solved it! It is set to always use the %appdata&/.minecraft/, but I use MultiMC which creates its own folder and all the other mods operate out of there with their configs there and so on, but with Chat Bubbles and Voxel Minimap, they will always use %appdata&/.minecraft/. Could you fix that?
    That is why I kept specified %appdata%/.minecraft a couple times - that's really where they are stored, I'm glad you believe me now haha

VoxelMap config should already be stored in multiMC location. It's just the waypoints that are not. I do it this way (after discussing it with CWW of the FTB team) so that waypoints are always there, even if you are using a different modpack, or delete an old one. I prefer having them always available, to having them be in a folder that might at any time be deleted

Mamiya, could you make it so that waypoints for different servers/worlds are saved in individual files in a folder? I use MultiMC and I wanna create different instances but I am afraid that if I do, I would lose my waypoints. If not, could you tell me which file are the waypoints stored in so that I could just copy it?
    And this is why. You can create a different instance all you want and you are not going to lose your waypoints.

I Could certainly move Chatbubbles config too, though there's not much to config in there. I haven't heard of a single person (other than me) making a custom regex yet heh
    Last edited by MamiyaOtaru: 4/10/2013 9:24:31 PM
    Quote from MamiyaOtaru

That is why I kept specified %appdata%/.minecraft a couple times - that's really where they are stored, I'm glad you believe me now haha

VoxelMap config should already be stored in multiMC location. It's just the waypoints that are not. I do it this way (after discussing it with CWW of the FTB team) so that waypoints are always there, even if you are using a different modpack, or delete an old one. I prefer having them always available, to having them be in a folder that might at any time be deleted

And this is why. You can create a different instance all you want and you are not going to lose your waypoints.

I Could certainly move Chatbubbles config too, though there's not much to config in there. I haven't heard of a single person (other than me) making a custom regex yet heh

Haha, thanks. Sorry for not believing you at first. :)
    Last edited by darkhoundmaster89: 4/12/2013 9:43:04 AM
    Any chance you could release a forge version of chat bubbles for 1.4.7?
    [Edit] Also, do I havepermission using Zans minimap in my modpack?
    Last edited by coolo1: 4/12/2013 3:51:47 AM
    Quote from coolo1

Any chance you could release a forge version of chat bubbles for 1.4.7?
    [Edit] Also, do I havepermission using Zans minimap in my modpack?

yes
    I believe that's for me to answer. If it's a FTB pack, sure. If it's a collection of mods you want to bundle together and put up for download somewhere, PM me about it, but I don't like those as much
    Last edited by MamiyaOtaru: 4/12/2013 11:44:39 AM
    I'm having a strange problem with Void Remover and Forge ModLoader.

The issue: When I have FML and VoidRemover both in, several Items and all entities become invisible. Examples; Myself, otherplayers, mobs, dropped items, signs, mob heads, item frames and the list goes on.

I'm not quite sure what the issue is, any advice or ideas that can help?
    Last edited by TallTimbers: 4/12/2013 11:05:56 PM
    Not that I care but the permission link is broken
    It takes one, to know one.
    Is there also a version of Voxelmap available that has the square map texture in, without taking it from the texture pack?
    the version available in FTB / VoxelModpack uses a custom square texture (not the in game map texture). You can use that one (plus liteloader to load it)

It may become configurable at some point
    Last edited by MamiyaOtaru: 4/13/2013 5:57:39 PM
    The texture for the mobs are messed up when i install mod. I did everything correctly but all the mobs are white! I am using no mod loader . Does forge mod loader work???
    Where can I find the save locations of the waypoints? (I'm playing on a stand-alone server

Ignore me...it was a long night :)

Found my answer literally one page back in the comments. Thanks!
    Last edited by A_Li_N: 4/14/2013 1:08:17 PM
    Can i have permission to use chatbubbles in a modpack? ill only distribute to people playing on my server though minecraft forums. thanks!
    Quote from Inaworld10

The texture for the mobs are messed up when i install mod. I did everything correctly but all the mobs are white! I am using no mod loader . Does forge mod loader work???
    you should not be replacing the mobs folder in minecraft with the one in the download. They should be merged. You should end up with a mob folder that still has all the mob skins in it, plus an icons subfolder. If you end up with a mobs folder with an icons subfolder and nothing else, well, you've just deleted all the mob skins.

If you are using OSX, keep in mind OSX does replace instead of merge by default so you'll have to
    be a little more clever. Copy the icons folder from the mod's mob folder into the mob folder from the jar, instead of replacing the mob folder from the jar with the one from the mod

Quote from 1ExplosiveTaco

Can i have permission to use chatbubbles in a modpack? ill only distribute to people playing on my server though minecraft forums. thanks!
    sure
    Last edited by MamiyaOtaru: 4/14/2013 8:00:09 PM
    I downloaded zan's minimap as a replacement for rei and ran into a little problem. It has been very hard for me to pinpoint what cause this. Here is the error:

2013-04-13 12:57:06 [CLIENT] [SEVERE] @ Pre render
    2013-04-13 12:57:06 [CLIENT] [SEVERE] 1281: Invalid value
    2013-04-13 12:57:06 [CLIENT] [SEVERE] ########## GL ERROR ##########

The log is being SPAMMED with this error.

Mods:
    [1.5.1]DamageIndicators v2.5.8.zip
    AdvancedMachines_1.5.1.zip
    appeng-rv10-d.zip
    buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar
    ChickenChunks 1.3.2.3.jar
    compactsolars-universal-1.5.1-4.1.3.34.zip
    ComputerCraft1.52.zip
    ee3-universal-pre1g.jar
    EnderStorage 1.4.2.4.jar
    Factorization-0.7.27.jar
    forestry-A-2.1.2.11.jar
    iChunUtil1.0.0.zip
    industrialcraft-2_1.115.290-lf.jar
    InventoryTweaks-1.53.jar
    ironchest-universal-1.5.1-5.2.3.363.zip
    mod_AdvancedSolarPanels_3_3_5.zip
    mystcraft-uni-1.5.1-0.10.2.00.zip
    Natura_1.5.1_2.0.9.jar
    PortalGun1.5.1.zip
    StevesCarts2.0.0.a99.zip
    TConstruct_1.5.1_1.2.29.jar
    ThermalExpansion-2.3.0.b7.jar

Forge .652, MC 1.5.1, codechicken/NEI and TE core.

When I disable Zan's minimap the error disappears. When I keep zan's minimap and disable computercraft the error also disappears. It's some sort of combination of mods+zan's minimap that cause the problem for me. Switching out zan's to rei's also fixes it.

I wish I could be more helpful.

<edit> Forgot to add, the game runs perfectly fine but the log size increases at a very rapid rate, hence I have to disable the mod.
    Last edited by hulduet: 4/14/2013 6:13:37 PM
    Heh Does anyone have a 1.4.7 version? :P
    Quote from hulduet

I downloaded zan's minimap as a replacement for rei and ran into a little problem. It has been very hard for me to pinpoint what cause this. Here is the error:

2013-04-13 12:57:06 [CLIENT] [SEVERE] @ Pre render
    2013-04-13 12:57:06 [CLIENT] [SEVERE] 1281: Invalid value
    2013-04-13 12:57:06 [CLIENT] [SEVERE] ########## GL ERROR ##########

The log is being SPAMMED with this error.

Mods:
    [1.5.1]DamageIndicators v2.5.8.zip
    AdvancedMachines_1.5.1.zip
    appeng-rv10-d.zip
    buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar
    ChickenChunks 1.3.2.3.jar
    compactsolars-universal-1.5.1-4.1.3.34.zip
    ComputerCraft1.52.zip
    ee3-universal-pre1g.jar
    EnderStorage 1.4.2.4.jar
    Factorization-0.7.27.jar
    forestry-A-2.1.2.11.jar
    iChunUtil1.0.0.zip
    industrialcraft-2_1.115.290-lf.jar
    InventoryTweaks-1.53.jar
    ironchest-universal-1.5.1-5.2.3.363.zip
    mod_AdvancedSolarPanels_3_3_5.zip
    mystcraft-uni-1.5.1-0.10.2.00.zip
    Natura_1.5.1_2.0.9.jar
    PortalGun1.5.1.zip
    StevesCarts2.0.0.a99.zip
    TConstruct_1.5.1_1.2.29.jar
    ThermalExpansion-2.3.0.b7.jar

Forge .652, MC 1.5.1, codechicken/NEI and TE core.

When I disable Zan's minimap the error disappears. When I keep zan's minimap and disable computercraft the error also disappears. It's some sort of combination of mods+zan's minimap that cause the problem for me. Switching out zan's to rei's also fixes it.

I wish I could be more helpful.

<edit> Forgot to add, the game runs perfectly fine but the log size increases at a very rapid rate, hence I have to disable the mod.

Update your graphics driver?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes