[1.6.2] Custom Mob Spawner

Quote from Neon_ColorsFTW22

This mod doesn't let you spawn zombies when you wan't them to this is an API for other mods to use so they can use custom mob spawning in minecraft different then the spawning we have now....
    Oh, well thanks for telling me
    Quote from Torojima

found it ...
    AddRenderer
    has to be changed to
    addRenderer
    ... tiny detail, big impact :D

Very true.
    Quote from wolfsong86

No, the countdown is how long you have to wait until you are able to click skip.. once it finishes, you click skip to get to the download...

Already aware of that. I only have two options:
    1: Click on a download button that downloads ilivid.
    2: Wait 15 seconds before an ilivid installer pops up automatically.

There's no 'Skip ad' button emerging either during or after that time span.

EDIT: I read somewhere that Adblock plus was supposed to be able to block Adfly. Hitting the download link still takes me to the Adfly page, but I only get a white empty page where nothing ever happens. I bloody hate this!
    Last edited by Illmad: 7/8/2012 2:41:09 PM
    Much Internets, my good sir.
    Another balmy summer evening. The city rolls these nights like loaded dice.
    Any chance we can get this updated to work with FML? Too many mods require the latest forge, and this mod doesn't work with the latest forge. Thanks in advance
    Egad, so much stupidity on display ITT. lets shake things up a little bit and voice a legitmate problem and not installation woes.

Custom Mob spawner is giving me hell. Just by its mere presence in the mods folder even without any associated mob-mods, what would normally be cows are sheep instead. And I have a feeling that if it changes that, it probably changes more that I dont notice right away. My plans for building a minecraft zoo are pretty much dead in the water.

*edit* So I deleted the Mocreatures config, readded all of my creatures mods and it appears that things are back to normal. The Mocreatures vanilla spawn options seem to do the exact opposite of how they are worded.
    Last edited by Epidemia78: 7/14/2012 11:03:59 AM
    Ok, it might be considered cheating but I like to scope out a seed before I start playing, mostly to locate sheep ASAP so i can make a bed. its nice knowing where to look, not so nice when they arent there anymore. CMS mods change vanilla spawns in many different ways and after much experimentation I will share what Ive learned.

Mocreatures and More creeps: Setting any mob's spawn rate to 0 causes some vanilla animals to be replaced with another. So what used to be a herd of cows now has a couple sheep tagging along. Not a big deal.

Atmosmobs: Drastically changes vanilla spawns all over the map so that where there once was pigs now there is cows etc. Consistent when reloading a seed so that the used-to-be cows remain pigs.

Endangered Mobs: Seems that instead of spawning new entities, it replaces vanilla spawns with its own and is never consistent so you wont find the same animals there every time you load the seed.
    Last edited by Epidemia78: 7/14/2012 3:39:13 PM
    I downloaded the custom mob spawner mod and placed it in my .minecraft/mods folder as instructed and yet magic launcher states that there are no mods found and my minecraft crashes whenever I turn it on. An explanation would be brilliant as I have done exactly what I've been told to do and yet it doesn't work at all.
    does this mod actually make u able to change the spawner and if so how?
    what is the controlls to this mod
    Question. I was playing with this mod installed with Mo' Creatures, and had trapped a horse for future access until such time as I could tame it and saddle it. Unfortunately, after just one night, it had despawned (at least, I assume it had. Unless it can jump higher than two blocks).
    That was fine, I figured, since once I actually tamed a horse, it wouldn't despawn - but then I thought of farming with vanilla mobs.
    Since there is no "tame" mechanic involved with vanilla mob farming (cows, chickens), will this mod break my farms? I'd hate to lure animals into pens only to have them despawn.
    I'm unfamiliar with spawning behavior pre-1.8.
    Quote from Hakatu

I downloaded the custom mob spawner mod and placed it in my .minecraft/mods folder as instructed and yet magic launcher states that there are no mods found and my minecraft crashes whenever I turn it on. An explanation would be brilliant as I have done exactly what I've been told to do and yet it doesn't work at all.

I also have Magic launcher however I just put the zipped file into the magic folder and it showed up as No Mods.... /shrug
    Looks like I won't be getting this mod...
    Hey Dr Zhark, would there be a possibility to get a compatability version for the extra biomes mod so it doesn't throw me errors when I use them together? Cause I'd like to use this to use your Mo creatures with extra-biomes but the problem with it is that it throws some array out of bounds crap at me like so:
    --- BEGIN ERROR REPORT be7ddb0e --------
    Generated 22/07/12 10:53 PM
    Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
    Java: 1.7.0_03, Oracle Corporation
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 version 4.2.0, NVIDIA Corporation
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
    at CustomSpawner.AddCustomSpawn(CustomSpawner.java:839)
    at CustomSpawner.AddCustomSpawn(CustomSpawner.java:783)
    at mod_mocreatures.PopulatemyCustomSpawner(mod_mocreatures.java:818)
    at mod_mocreatures.updateSettings(mod_mocreatures.java:663)
    at mod_mocreatures.modsLoaded(mod_mocreatures.java:411)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.postInit(ModLoaderModContainer.java:357)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.postModInit(Loader.java:280)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:605)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLClientHandler.java:203)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:426)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:735)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT c55df381 ----------

and then when I remove extra-biomes it doesn't do it and it runs fine. I hit this snag while trying to "beauty up" my game for a more "survival" oriented modset I've got going in my folder, but this just ain't gotta let me do anything. I hope you try to do something with it. Cause I'd like to be able to have your creatures running around in the extra-biome biomes too sometime. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkmegaGaming

A modpack created and in testing by Darkmega...
    Care to help? Click the Picture!
    Quote from darkmega

Hey Dr Zhark, would there be a possibility to get a compatability version for the extra biomes mod so it doesn't throw me errors when I use them together?...

...and then when I remove extra-biomes it doesn't do it and it runs fine. I hit this snag while trying to "beauty up" my game for a more "survival" oriented modset I've got going in my folder, but this just ain't gotta let me do anything. I hope you try to do something with it. Cause I'd like to be able to have your creatures running around in the extra-biome biomes too sometime. :)

I'm able to run Mo'Creatures, Custom Mob Spawner, ExtrabiomesXL, and Bunyan (the extrabiomes add-on) without a hitch.
    I can't use mediafire and the 1.2.5 mirror is broken. Can someone please help? :(
    Check out this EPIC game VoidSpace, a Work-In-Progress, cross-platform universe MMO. I'm more excited for this game than I am for everything else... except CIV: Beyond Earth ;)
    http://strt.cc?r=ZGFob29wc0BsaXZlLmNvbQ__
    Hi,

I'm really sure now that these issues have to do something with the new versions of the Custom Mob Spawner an not with AtmosMobs 1.1 or Mo' Creatures 3.7.1.
    First: I'm using Forge 3.3.8 build 164, Custom Mob Spawner 1.5.1 and GuiAPI 0.14.3 and also ID Resolver Update 1 with ShaRoses 4096 Fix. That way I'm able to change any ID I want to.
    I had this crash while trying to add AtmosMobs to my mod list with different IDs than the default ones:

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 669acf01 --------
    Generated 24.07.12 00:33
    Java: 1.7.0, Oracle Corporation
    VM: Java HotSpotâ„¢ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series version 3.3.11631 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
    at mod_AtmosMobs.PopulatemyCustomSpawner(mod_AtmosMobs.java:356)
    at mod_AtmosMobs.updateSettings(mod_AtmosMobs.java:222)
    at mod_AtmosMobs.modsLoaded(mod_AtmosMobs.java:159)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.postInit(ModLoaderModContainer.java:362)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.postModInit(Loader.java:290)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:629)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLClientHandler.java:223)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:429)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:738)
    --- END ERROR REPORT f3de5bc3 ----------

And this crash happens when trying to add Mo' Creatures, also with different IDs, to my mod list:

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 15158e7c --------
    Generated 24.07.12 00:57
    Java: 1.7.0, Oracle Corporation
    VM: Java HotSpotâ„¢ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series version 3.3.11631 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
    at CustomSpawner.AddCustomSpawn(CustomSpawner.java:783)
    at mod_mocreatures.PopulatemyCustomSpawner(mod_mocreatures.java:818)
    at mod_mocreatures.updateSettings(mod_mocreatures.java:663)
    at mod_mocreatures.modsLoaded(mod_mocreatures.java:411)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.postInit(ModLoaderModContainer.java:362)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.postModInit(Loader.java:290)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:629)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLClientHandler.java:223)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:429)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:738)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 359dea1 ----------
    It seems that something within the Custom Mob Spawner goes wrong causing this issues, maybe something related to the 4096 BlockIDs Forge has integrated now.
    Could you have a look into that, please?
    Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by walkerjonny: 7/23/2012 6:12:20 PM
    Hey an update! I didn't find a change log, so I'll double check Forge Modloader compatability, and edit this post. Either way, many diamonds to you for an update. Thank you!
    Quote from Lambastificate

I'm able to run Mo'Creatures, Custom Mob Spawner, ExtrabiomesXL, and Bunyan (the extrabiomes add-on) without a hitch.

well aren't you lucky... I'm just saying what I'm getting though, cause it only shoots me that error when I turn on extra biomes... I dunno anymore... but I do know theres something going on since turning on custom mob spawner and changing some settings, cause the ocelots in the nearby jungle are infinitely reproducing faster than I can make them extinct despite them and cats being on 0... @_@

edit: never mind, I'm a dumbass. cause there was a DL for it on some other mod that also uses it the custom mobspawner was actually an out of date version that was still working (custom mobspawner 1.4.3 or something o_o). I actually overlooked that last time in my frustration then saw the version it needed on mo's creatures and double checked properly, so forgive me, just having a dumbass occurence, like i sometimes do (for example being overly excited to try something and not deleting meta-inf despite being a mod installing veteran. >_>).
    Last edited by darkmega: 7/25/2012 1:01:06 AM

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkmegaGaming

A modpack created and in testing by Darkmega...
    Care to help? Click the Picture!
    can someone give me a list of all the mods that use this please
    When I installed Custom Mob spawner it told me that there was no mods found, Any idea why?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes