First time I battled the dragon, it was a great experience but I never felt like doing it again. The lack of proper challenge made the battle dull, and so I created the Hardcore Enderdragon mod way back in March 2012.
After some time, the mod has expanded from the dragon battle to the whole End dimension, and I felt like the name needed to change too. Welcome to Hardcore Ender Expansion!
undefined The End has been redefined undefined
Hardcore Ender Expansion offers unique, new content across the End. The dragon became a truly challenging boss with a great reward, but the adventure doesn't end there. The End is no longer just an island. Go investigate unique ores, battle new mobs, travel to new biomes, the death awaits you! ... I mean, adventure. Adventure awaits you.
To get familiar with the mod, use the Ender Compendium, which is a source of information about every feature of the mod! By exploring new blocks, items and mobs, you gain points which you can use to unlock information about these objects. You can open the Ender Compendium using the 'P' key by default.
Another important part of the mod are achievements, which will guide you through the main features.
The mod also has its own website http://hee.chylex.com, where you can find authors, version history, configuration guide and other information.
undefined Screenshots undefined
AdFly is an advertisement website that allows me to get some money from making mods. If you want to support me, click the adfly link, wait 5 seconds and click Skip Ad in top right corner.
You can also download the mod using Curse, and it is available in the Curse Voice client.
undefined Installation guide undefined Client
1. Download Forge installer, open it and install
2. Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
3. Click Edit Profile and Open Game Dir, this opens a folder
4. Create a new folder called mods
5. Download the mod and open it in an archiving software
6. Drag both .jar files (HardcoreEnderExpansion & Java7Checker) into the mods folder
7. Go back to Minecraft launcher and play! [img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png' />
1. Download Forge installer, open it, select Install server, choose the location and install
2. Create a new folder called mods
3. Download the mod and open it in an archiving software
4. Drag both .jar files (HardcoreEnderExpansion & Java7Checker) into the mods folder
5. Run forge-(...)-universal.jar to start the server!
The mod is licensed under the All Rights Reserved license, which means that you need to get my explicit permission to redistribute the mod.
Anything below cannot, in any way, be considered counter to the terms as listed in the license. These are guidelines only.
You are allowed to:
Create content using the mod (screenshots, videos)
Profit on the mod (with the exception of video monetization)
The modpack policy:
All new modpacks have to be for Minecraft 1.7.10 or newer
To get permission to redistribute the mod in your modpack, send me a private message on MCF; the subject has to contain modpack name and requested mod name, and the message needs to have MC version, full mod list and a link to the modpack website, download or forum post; I will respond ok if the permission is given
Since maintaining costs time, approved modpacks are allowed to generate profit from advertisements and/or donations as long as other mods allow it too
The guidelines were last updated on 1st February 2015.
undefined Recent changes (release 1.8 for MC 1.7.10) undefined Additions
- Brand new IMC system, which allows inter-mod communication as well as user-defined commands - find out more at http://hee-api.chylex.com
- New concept in works - Ender Causatum (currently has no visible effect)
- Added colored text links to the Compendium, clicking them will direct you to the appropriate object
- Added config option to remove vanilla music delay
- The old API is deprecated because of the new IMC system, and will be removed in next update
- Experience Table can now convert precious materials and gems
- Improved /heeadmin command with help pages and colors
- Removed Infestation effect in favor of the Causatum
- Update notifications have additional text when using very old versions
- Basic Essence Altar drops the correct item
- Dragon Essence Altar will no longer crash when it has an item with removed enchantments
- Fixed the 'Click to view' text not showing properly
- Regeneration effect in Charms was giving reversed effect
- The Dragon will no longer unload during the fight
Visit the Version History wiki page for list of all previous releases and their changelogs.
undefined Mod integration undefined
Hardcore Ender Expansion integrates with some of the mods.
Thaumcraft 4 - most of the blocks, items and entities have aspects assigned to them
undefined Texture packs undefined
Here is a list of texture packs which modify HEE's textures. If you made a texture pack which supports HEE, contact me for addition.
undefined Support the mod - banners! undefined
Add a banner of the mod to your signature to support it! Open the Edit profile menu (you need to be logged on) and copy & paste in one of the codes below. You just need to remove the spaces around "url" and "img", because the post editor is one of the buggiest things I've seen, and I can't post it without spaces and have it not implode.
Are you an artist and want to make your own banner? Create a picture of size 728x100 pixels or smaller (official banner is 607x100), upload it to imgur or other image sharing service and send it to me! I will add it here and credit you ;).
undefined Links and social stuff undefined
Me, and everybody who helped out have put a huge amount of effort into the mod. We would like to thank you for all the amazing support, and we will appreciate any feedback and thoughts!
If you are interested in translating the mod, you can do so by visiting the HEE translation project. If a language is missing, let me know either here or tweet me and I will add it!
I made a mod review of your mod. I have to say you have done AN AMAZING JOB in making this mod. This mod really needs to get more attention, and very nice on your first mod! See if you could implent the suggestions for a better fight that I have included in the video/description. I hope you enjoy
I didn't know how to activate the video window ever since the new forum update. Either way, here is the link to the video
I just want to post here suggestions on possible improvements for future patches
1) Allow it to breath fire similar to that of Animal Bikes mod.
2) Include a divebomb attack
3) When it touches End Stone in Berserk Mode, it breaks it similar to the obsidian pillars
4) Able to stop in place (similar to skyrim) and perform some epic fire attacks, and hopefully lighting or ice attacks in the future
5) Add a new texture to the boss that will indicate it is in Berserk mode
6) Increase the overall speed of the ender dragon by 2.
7) Have a retribution attack when the Ender Dragon dies. This can be shooting a lot of TNT from the source, a massive lighting storm, and/or have all Enderman start to attack you once the EnderDragon has died.
Theses are some suggestions, and I hope others will support and agree to make this mod even more epic
Thanks to all, today I made a lot of improvements. If everything goes well, SSP update should be done in 3-4 days, SMP will take a little bit longer because I want to make sure everything is working fine in singleplayer version .
EDIT 2012-03-30: It's not completely finished yet, it needs some changes. Next betatest will be probably on Sunday, so hopefully the update will be ready on Monday or Tuesday.