If you like what I do, you can now support me on Patreon:
First time I battled the dragon, it was a great experience but I never felt like doing it again. The lack of proper challenge made the battle dull, and so I created the Hardcore Enderdragon mod way back in March 2012.
After some time, the mod has expanded from the dragon battle to the whole End dimension, and I felt like the name needed to change too. Welcome to Hardcore Ender Expansion!
========================================================================================== The End has been redefined ==========================================================================================
Hardcore Ender Expansion offers unique, new content across the End. The dragon became a truly challenging boss with a great reward, but the adventure doesn't end there. The End is no longer just an island. Go investigate unique ores, battle new mobs, travel to new biomes, the death awaits you! ... I mean, adventure. Adventure awaits you.
To get familiar with the mod, use the Ender Compendium, which is a source of information about every feature of the mod! By exploring new blocks, items and mobs, you gain points which you can use to unlock information about these objects. You can open the Ender Compendium using the 'P' key by default.
Another important part of the mod are achievements, which will guide you through the main features.
You can also find outdated information about all features on the official Hardcore Ender Expansion Wiki.
Before you visit it though, I'd love to encourage the adventurous spirit inside you to explore the mod on your own, as the adventure aspect is something a lot of work and effort have been put into. So go ahead and explore, fight and most importantly, have fun!
========================================================================================== Download ==========================================================================================
I don't take responsibility for any damage caused by the mod, always make backups!
Java 7 or newer is required to run the mod!
AdFly is an advertisement website that allows me to get some money from making mods. If you want to support me, click the adfly link, wait 5 seconds and click Skip Ad in top right corner. You can also support me via Patreon.
========================================================================================== Installation guide ========================================================================================== Client
1. Download Forge installer, open it and install
2. Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
3. Click Edit Profile and Open Game Dir, this opens a folder
4. Create a new folder called mods
5. Download the mod and open it in an archiving software
6. Drag both .jar files (HardcoreEnderExpansion & Java7Checker) into the mods folder
7. Go back to Minecraft launcher and play!
1. Download Forge installer, open it, select Install server, choose the location and install
2. Create a new folder called mods
3. Download the mod and open it in an archiving software
4. Drag both .jar files (HardcoreEnderExpansion & Java7Checker) into the mods folder
5. Run forge-(...)-universal.jar to start the server!
You are allowed to:
Create content using the mod (screenshots, videos)
Share the mod by reffering to this topic
Decompile and modify the mod for personal use
You are forbidden to:
Redistribute the mod file or a part of it
Claim the mod or a part of it as yours
Profit on the mod (with the exception of video monetization)
The modpack policy:
Modpacks have special exceptions in redistribution and profit. A modpack needs to have at least 10 mods and has to be maintained. If you can't make sure the mods work properly and are up-to-date, I won't let you add the mod.
Public modpacks are obliged to send me a private message with modpack name, mod list and download link; I will not respond unless there is an issue
Private modpacks (25 people or less) don't need to notify me
One of the conditions for modpacks is to be up-to-date, which means all new modpacks need to be for Minecraft 1.7.10 or newer
Since maintaining costs time, modpacks are allowed to generate profit from advertisements and/or donations as long as other mods allow it too
========================================================================================== Recent changes (release 1.6.7 for MC 1.7.10) ========================================================================================== Additions
- New mechanics for the Dungeon Puzzle and Fire Fiend (see changes)
- Brand new mechanic - Curses!
- New items - Spectral Tear, Living Matter
- Several new achievements
- Dungeon Puzzle is now back, and completely redesigned - including the Fire Fiend boss fight!
- Compendium texts are now in language files, making translations possible (might make a new translation website for that)
- Significantly sped up mod startup, especially with many other mods installed
- Using AT instead of reflection (performance improvements)
- Outdated Forge is no longer supported, use 10.13.2.* or newer
- Void Chest rendering in the Ender Compendium fixed
- Dungeon Towers should no longer spawn inside Biome Islands
- Fixed Dragon Essence Altar pedestal crash with unenchanted items
- Fixed rare crash with portal particles
- Fixed Decomposition Table blacklist occasionally yielding nothing with multiple recipes
- Custom spawners no longer function after moving them
- Mining Spots in Burning Mountains were heavily optimized and should no longer cause unnecessary recursion
Visit the Version History wiki page for list of all previous releases and their changelogs.
========================================================================================== Mod integration ==========================================================================================
Hardcore Ender Expansion integrates with some of the mods.
Thaumcraft 4 - most of the blocks, items and entities have aspects assigned to them Not Enough Items - special enhancement recipes show up in the recipe GUI (before 1.6)
========================================================================================== Texture packs ==========================================================================================
Here is a list of texture packs which modify HEE's textures. If you made a texture pack which supports HEE, contact me for addition.
========================================================================================== Support the mod - banners! ==========================================================================================
Add a banner of the mod to your signature to support it! Simply open the Edit profile menu (you need to be logged on) and copy & paste in one of the codes below.
Are you an artist and want to make your own banner? Create a picture of size 728x100 pixels or smaller (official banner is 607x100), upload it to imgur or other image sharing service and send it to me! I will add it here and credit you ;).
========================================================================================== Links and social stuff ==========================================================================================
Me, and everybody who helped out have put a huge amount of effort into the mod. We would like to thank you for all the amazing support, and we will appreciate any feedback and thoughts!
If you are interested in translating the mod, you can do so by visiting the HEE translation project. If a language is missing, let me know either here or tweet me and I will add it!
I made a mod review of your mod. I have to say you have done AN AMAZING JOB in making this mod. This mod really needs to get more attention, and very nice on your first mod! See if you could implent the suggestions for a better fight that I have included in the video/description. I hope you enjoy
I just want to post here suggestions on possible improvements for future patches
1) Allow it to breath fire similar to that of Animal Bikes mod.
2) Include a divebomb attack
3) When it touches End Stone in Berserk Mode, it breaks it similar to the obsidian pillars
4) Able to stop in place (similar to skyrim) and perform some epic fire attacks, and hopefully lighting or ice attacks in the future
5) Add a new texture to the boss that will indicate it is in Berserk mode
6) Increase the overall speed of the ender dragon by 2.
7) Have a retribution attack when the Ender Dragon dies. This can be shooting a lot of TNT from the source, a massive lighting storm, and/or have all Enderman start to attack you once the EnderDragon has died.
Theses are some suggestions, and I hope others will support and agree to make this mod even more epic
Thanks to all, today I made a lot of improvements. If everything goes well, SSP update should be done in 3-4 days, SMP will take a little bit longer because I want to make sure everything is working fine in singleplayer version .
EDIT 2012-03-30: It's not completely finished yet, it needs some changes. Next betatest will be probably on Sunday, so hopefully the update will be ready on Monday or Tuesday.