[1.4.6/14.5/1.4.4][Forge] Birds Mod Beta 0.9

Nest =)
    I think you should fix up some bird models or textures ( like the swan, owl, ostrich, and etc.)?
    It`s work on 1.2.5
    are there spawn eggs?
    Not yet, but there will be soon!
    I like this :D downloading
    this looks good :)
    it's not working at all for me.
    I have mo creatures, audio mod, modloader, atmos mobs, guiap and matmos all working fine and well, except no birds whatsoever. Anyone had the same problem?
    I put everything as required carefully extracted and manually put where it belongs... I so wanna see birds! :(
    Quote from aloan1

it's not working at all for me.
    I have mo creatures, audio mod, modloader, atmos mobs, guiap and matmos all working fine and well, except no birds whatsoever. Anyone had the same problem?
    I put everything as required carefully extracted and manually put where it belongs... I so wanna see birds! :(

Likewise. Actually pretty much the exact same loadout here. I'm about to try without Mo'Creatures and Atmos Mobs and try to isolate whether it's one or the other that does it, since they're the most likely candidates.

[edit] Confirmed, but the truth is stranger than fiction. It ONLY applies when BOTH Mo'Creatures and Atmos Mobs are running. It may be that Atmos Mobs and Mo'Creatures suck up the available spawn limit faster than Birds Mod has a chance to spawn any.

[edit^2] Confirmed again. If I reduce the Mo'Creatures spawn rates significantly, vanilla mobs seem to take priority (more skeletons and zombies than anything else), but I can then at least get a few birds on extremely rare occasions when zipping across the world to parts unknown using a fly cheat while still seeing plenty of Atmos Mobs spawning. I still see mantas and dolphins when flying over sea and I spotted a scorpion in a chasm too, so Mo'Creatures is still working. I think we need to ask the author of Atmos Mobs to allow configuration of its spawn limits too so that we can allow some room for other mods to spawn theirs... =)

It may be a Birds Mod problem too: it might wait for a certain amount of entity room to spawn birds instead of just spawning a fewer number of birds when entity counts are high.
    Last edited by MCFUser277408: 4/9/2012 7:32:23 AM
    You know, it occurs to me that the French are, in general, a highly melancholy people. On every street they rue something.
    Looks supercalifragilisticexpialidociously AWESOME!!!

I'll give it a try, but not now, im on my 3ds's internet browser, not my laptop, so i can't download it.

can we have kiwis in this mod please
    GO subscribe to parafarcum on youtube
    Is it just me, or are the birds not spawning?

EDIT: after reading the above, I think I know why.
    Last edited by Glace1221: 4/9/2012 7:26:13 PM
    Well, hell. This mod doesn't even work right WITHOUT mo creatures. Well, I suppose it's called "Alpha" for a reason.
    would this work for 1.2.4?
    Quote from Glace1221

Well, hell. This mod doesn't even work right WITHOUT mo creatures. Well, I suppose it's called "Alpha" for a reason.

Dumbass. It works absolutely fine without Mo' Creatures. Think before you post and make sure that you actually installed the mod correctly before trying to sound smart.
    Quote from JT`

Likewise. Actually pretty much the exact same loadout here. I'm about to try without Mo'Creatures and Atmos Mobs and try to isolate whether it's one or the other that does it, since they're the most likely candidates.

[edit] Confirmed, but the truth is stranger than fiction. It ONLY applies when BOTH Mo'Creatures and Atmos Mobs are running. It may be that Atmos Mobs and Mo'Creatures suck up the available spawn limit faster than Birds Mod has a chance to spawn any.

[edit^2] Confirmed again. If I reduce the Mo'Creatures spawn rates significantly, vanilla mobs seem to take priority (more skeletons and zombies than anything else), but I can then at least get a few birds on extremely rare occasions when zipping across the world to parts unknown using a fly cheat while still seeing plenty of Atmos Mobs spawning. I still see mantas and dolphins when flying over sea and I spotted a scorpion in a chasm too, so Mo'Creatures is still working. I think we need to ask the author of Atmos Mobs to allow configuration of its spawn limits too so that we can allow some room for other mods to spawn theirs... =)

It may be a Birds Mod problem too: it might wait for a certain amount of entity room to spawn birds instead of just spawning a fewer number of birds when entity counts are high.

What a relief, oh thanks a lot really! :) I was just trully baffled, not knowing what to do anymore.
    I saw a video on youtube with your mod being displayed by some funny talking couple of guys, and they had plenty of birds
    showing up there, it was amazing to watch... and then when I thought I was going to see some, my skies were empty!
    But I am very happy for your reply. Time will most likely fix this so we can have all these wonderful mods working together to make Minecraft world feel so good to be living in! Cheers!
    Quote from _Bender_

It`s work on 1.2.5

Are you still developing it further, like new mobs or make better models?
    Quote from Beebou

Dumbass. It works absolutely fine without Mo' Creatures. Think before you post and make sure that you actually installed the mod correctly before trying to sound smart.
    Quote from Beebou

Dang, no need for name calling. I apologize if I sounded rude.

I know it works with Mo' Creatures, but for some reason, it still isn't working right. I've tried putting it in the mods folder first because I don't like dragging every mod directly into minecraft.jar and I didn't see a difference. So then, I tried putting it in minecraft.jar, and I still don't see any birds. With the mod still being in Alpha, I don't mind.
    Please don't do peacocks :3
    love this mod
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes