This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

Chococraft 1.2 [MC 1.1] - CHOCOBOS NOW FLY! *.*

Quote from EddieV

[center]

UPDATED FOR MINECRAFT 1.1
    Version 1.2
    Requires: ModLoader 1.1 AudioMod 1.1 CustomMobSpawner v1.4

Chococraft is a mod that adds a new mob to Minecraft - Chocobos.
    The Chocobos can be tamed, saddled, ridden and even bred, and come in various colors.

Download: ChocoCraft 1.2
    ChocoCraft 1.2 (mirror)

[center]This is my first mod, so please be gentle :smile.gif:
    If you'd like to support the art (and the artist), you can generously send a donation via Paypal.
    [/center]

[center]VIDEOS:

Spotlights:

Thanks to rsmalec

Thanks to InTheLittleWood
    How to install:

Thanks to Revolver0125
    [/center]

CHANGELOG:
    v1.2
    1. Added Chocobo Abilities
    2. Added a new type of Chocobo - the Purple Chocobo
    3. The Purple Chocobo spawns only in the Nether
    4. Breeding a Purple Chocobo with one of any other color, will make the Purple Chocobo behave as a normal yellow one
    5. Breeding two Purple Chocobos will drop a Nether Chocobo Egg
    6. Nether Chocobo Eggs will hatch into a Purple Chicobo when thrown.
    7. Adjusted the speed of the chocobos due to the introduction of abilities.
    8. The rider of the Chocobo won't receive fall damage as of now.
    9. Fixed an issue where a tamed Chocobo would get a new name when re-tamed.
    10. Fixed an issue where Minecraft would crash when players entered The Nether
    11. Fixed an issue where the mutation chance by use of Golden Gysahls was lower than intended
    v1.1.1:
    1. Added new item Chocobo Tweezers that allows players to pluck out a feather from a tamed or saddled Chocobo.
    2. Feathers can only be plucked out every once in a while, and they have a 75% change of being plucked out
    3. If the player fails to pluck out the feather, the tamed/saddled chocobo will become wild
    4. Added a new item Chocopedia that offers players some control over a tamed/saddled chocobo or chicobo
    5. Using the Chocopedia, players can name the chocobo, hide the name individually and make them follow or stay (tamed chocobos will still roam while not following). The Chocopedia also presents information about the chocobo's health and if he already can breed or needs to wait more.
    6. Gold, Pink and Red Chocobos now won't receive any fall damage.
    7. Extended the default Chocobo name list to 55 different names.
    8. Fixed the ID of the Chocobo Fertilizer to be compatible with Millenaire mod
    9. Fixed an issue where Chocobo Feathers wouldn't spawn
    10. Fixed an issue where Chocobo and Chicobo's health wasn't working as intended.
    11. Fixed an issue where players weren't able to cure Chocobos even when hurt.
    v1.1:
    1. Added a config file for players to change the mod's properties
    2. Included Custom Mob Spawner API for better control on Chocobo Spawning
    3. Adjusted spawning rate of Gysahl Greens
    4. Adjusted spawning rate of Chocobos
    5. Chocobos now only spawn at forests, plains and mountains (includes snowy mountains)
    6. A maximum of 50 Chocobos will spawn (can be changed through the config file)
    7. Chocobos will despawn if too far from player (tamed or saddled Chocobos and Chicobos will always remain)
    8. Tamed Chicobos now remain tamed after growing up
    9. Chocobos won't lose ownership anymore, even when playing offline
    10. Adjusted Chocobo Feather spawning rate
    11. The player can now pick up items while on a Chocobo
    12. Added new item Chibi Gysahl - an item that will force a Chicobo to not grow up
    13. Added new item Gysahl Seeds - can be planted and will grow into Gysahl Greens
    14. Added new item Chocobo Fertilizer - used to instantly grow Gysahl Seeds into Gysahl Greens
    15. Added 15 Choco Achievements
    16. Chocobos and Chicobos can now be named once tamed. The name will show above their head
    17. Fixed a bug where Gysahl Greens wouldn't show up on Creative mode
    18. Fixed Chicobos behaviour - now they'll follow correctly and not push the player
    19. Fixed a bug where Saddled Chocobos wouldn't move to mate
    v1.0.1:
    1. Slightly increased the size of Chocobos and Chicobos.
    2. Adjustments to the bounding boxes were made to improve riding animations and interactions.
    3. Adjustments were made to how close the Chocobo will follow his owner, due to the increased size.
    4. Chocobos won't Kweh as often.
    5. Saddled Chocobos texture was adjusted to remove glitch through the wings.
    6. Chocobos will now fit through doors.
    7. When following the owner, Chocobos will stop wandering to facilitate movement and instructions.
    8. Fixed an issue where saddled Chocobos would remain stationary even when freed.
    9. Fixed an issue where Chocobos kept pushing the owner when following.
    10. Fixed an issue where following orders would be reset when loading the game.
    11. Fixed an issue where Red or Pink Gysahls would not be consumed when used.
    v1.0:
    1. Fixed an issue where you weren't able to get a Pink Chocobo.
    2. White/Black Chocobos are now faster than the previous ones, but still slower than Gold.
    3. Fixed the spawning rate of Chocobo packs.

DETAILS:

Chocobos and their behaviour:

Types of Chocobos:
    There are currently 6 types of Chocobos:
    Yellow, Green, Blue, Black, White and Gold.

[center][/center]

The average Chocobos are yellow, so all the wild ones you'll encounter will be of this type. Chocobos can be found in forests, plains and mountains (including snowy forests and mountains).
    The other types can be obtained by breeding.

There are also rumors of there being 2 secret types. :rolleyes:
    [center][/center]

What's the difference between each type of Chocobo?
    1. Yellow Chocobos are the average chocobos and have no clear abilities.
    2. Green Chocobos have the ability to climb, which means that they don't need to jump in order to go up a block that is one step higher.
    3. Blue Chocobos have the ability to cross water, which means that they don't won't sink in water and will travel fast in water.
    4. White Chocobos have the ability to climb and cross water, and are faster than the previous ones.
    5. Black Chocobos have the ability to jump high, climb and cross water, and are as fast as the white ones.
    6. Gold/Pink/Red Chocobos have the ability to fly, climb and cross water, don't take fall damage, and are the fastest chocobos.
    7. Purple Chocobos have the ability to fly (slower than the gold ones), climb and cross lava, don't take fall damage, are as fast as white and black chocobos, and are immune to fire. (Found only in The Nether)

Where can I find Gysahl Greens?

[center][/center]
    1. Gysahl Greens can be found around the world, in places where flowers can grow (mainly forests, plains and mountains)
    2. You can also craft Gysahl Seeds to plant in your farm.
    3. For the seeds to grow instantly, you can use Chocobo Fertilizer

How do I tame a Chocobo?

[center][/center]
    1. find a pack of Chocobos
    2. Feed one some Gysahl Greens
    3. You will see some hearts and a red collar when the Chocobo is tamed

What happens when a Chocobo is tamed?
    1. the Chocobo will follow his owner
    2. the Chocobo will stop following his owner if the owner right-clicks on it
    3. can be healed using Gysahl Greens
    4. can be saddled using a Chocobo Saddle

What happens when a Chocobo is saddled?

[center][/center]
    1. the Chocobo will stay where left
    2. the Chocobo will follow his owner if the owner uses a Chocobo Feather on it, and stop following the same way (The feather will not be consumed)
    3. can be healed using Gysahl Greens
    4. can be ridden by right-clicking on it

Can I release a tamed or saddled Chocobo?
    1. by using a Chocobo Whistle you can release a Chocobo back to the wild, cleaning any ownership.
    2. you can only release Chocobos you own
    3. wild Chocobos can despawn, just like wild wolves.

What happens when a Chocobo dies?
    1. the Chocobo will sometimes drop a Raw Chocobo Leg which can be cooked (and is yummy)

How can I obtain a Chocobo Feather?

[center][/center]
    1. Chocobo Feathers are occasionally dropped by wild or tamed Chocobos.

How can I breed two Chocobos?
    [center][/center]
    1. both Chocobos have to be fed Loverly Gysahls or Golden Gysahls. After that, they'll procreate and a Chicobo will born. You'll have 25% chance of breeding a mutation, i.e, of a chocobo of a new type to be born.
    2. by feeding both Chocobos with Golden Gysahls, the probability of a mutation will increase to 50%.
    3. you can only breed Chocobos you own

When will a Chicobo grow into a Chocobo?
    [center][/center]
    1. Chicobos are young Chocobos, so after some time they will eventually grow up
    2. Chicobos can also be fed a Gysahl Cake to grow up instantly, but only after they have been tamed.
    3. *]Chicobos can also be fed a Chici Gysahl to remain as Chicobos. After this, a Chicobo will only grow up when fed a Gysahl Cake.

How can I get the other types of Chocobos?

I'll put a new spoiler tag on this, since these are the exact breeding instructions to get the other types. So be warned! If you want to experiment and find out about how to get the other types DO NOT READ THIS. You've been warned.

1. Yellow + Yellow = Green or Blue
    2. Green + Blue = White
    3. Yellow + White = Black
    4. Black + White =(Golden Gysahls REQUIRED)= Gold

I won't tell you how to get the other two types anyway >:smile.gif: All I can say is it is not through breeding, but by forcing a Gold chocobo to be another one ;P

And why do I want a Chocobo?

[center][/center]
    1. Chocobos are cute
    2. They are a fast way to travel
    3. KWEH!

Items and Blocks:
    1. Gysahl Greens - Gysahl Greens are the most important block in ChocoCraft. They are used to tame Chocobos and to create various other greens. Just like flowers, Gysahl Greens will grow randomly across the map and can be collected and even planted again.
    2. Raw Chocobo Leg - This piece of meat is dropped by the most unfortunate Chocobos. Just like regular chicken legs, they can be cooked on a furnace.
    3. Cooked Chocobo Leg - By eating this yummy chocobo leg, you'll reduce your famine. A Chocobo Leg reduces famine even more than a cooked chicken leg, healing just as much as a cooked pork chop.
    4. Chocobo Feather - Chocobo Feathers are very attractive items to Chocobos. They can be used to build saddles, whistles, and even special types of gysahls. Non-saddled chocobos will occasionaly drop these.
    5. Chocobo Saddle - Tamed Chocobos can only be ridden once they are saddled with these special saddles.
    6. Chocobo Whistle - All good things must come to an end. Because of this, Chocobo Whistles can be used to free Chocobos and release them into the wild. Chocobos released will return to a state where they have no owner.
    7. Loverly Gysahl - Loverly Gysahls are a special kind of Gysahl Greens adorned with Chocobo Feathers. These herbs are used to make a Chocobo fall in love and look for a partner to procreate.
    8. Golden Gysahl - Just like Loverly Gysahls, Golden Gysahls are used to make Chocobos procreate. These romantic herbs are known to increase the chances of adquiring a new type of Chocobo.
    9. Gysahl Cake - Chicobos just love gysahl greens and cakes, and when you join both, they're get really happy. Gysahl Cakes give joy to a Chicobo, making him grow up instantly into one big and beautiful Chocobo.
    10. Pink Gysahl - Weird synthetic gysahls are known to cause extreme effects to Chocobos. So beware.
    11. Red Gysahl - Weird synthetic gysahls are known to cause extreme effects to Chocobos. So beware.
    12. Gysahl Seeds - Seeds made from Gysahl Greens. Can be planted to build a Gysahl Green farm and can be fertilized with Chocobo Fertilizer.
    13. Chocobo Fertilizer - Fertilizer made from Chocobo bones. Can be used to fertilize crops, including Gysahl Seeds.
    14. Chibi Gysahl - Bitter gysahl empowered with Redstone to prevent a Chicobo to grow up.
    15. Chocopedia - Notebook that keeps information about the Chocobos. Allows player to name their chocobo, check on information about health and breeing status and even give orders.
    16. Chocobo Tweezers - Tweezers made for plucking out Chocobo Feathers from tamed and saddled Chocobos. Players can pluck out feathers only once in a while and with a 75% chance of success. If players fail, they hurt the chocobo and it becomes wild again.

Recipes:
    1. Chocobo Saddle = 1 Leather, 2 Strings, 1 Chocobo Feather

2. Chocobo Whistle = 1 Gold Ingot, 1 Chocobo Feather

3. Loverly Gysahl = 1 Gysahl Greens, 3 Chocobo Feathers

4. Golden Gysahl = 1 Gysahl Greens, 4 Chocobo Feathers, 4 Gold Nuggets

5. Gysahl Cake = 3 Milk, 3 Wheat, 2 Sugar, 1 Gysahl Green

6. Gysahl Seeds = 1 Gysahl Green

7. Chocobo Fertilizer = 1 Raw Chocobo Leg

8. Chibi Gysahl = 1 Gysahl Green, 4 Redstone

9. Chocopedia = 6 Iron Ingots, 1 Paper, 2 Chocobo Feathers

10. Chocobo Tweezers = 2 Iron Ingots, 1 Chocobo Feather

Screenshots:

Different types of Chocobos:
    [center][/center]
    Okay, maybe there are more than 6:
    [center][/center]
    A pack of Chocobos:
    [center][/center]
    Gysahl Greens:
    [center][/center]
    Ready to Ride:
    [center][/center]
    Ridding the big bird:
    [center][/center]
    Love in the air:
    [center][/center]
    Child on the ground:
    [center][/center]
    Chocobo Names:
    [center][/center]
    Chocopedia:
    [center][/center]

NOTES:

Known Issues and Bugs:
    1. Chocobos love to stare in the face of people. It's not as much dangerous as it is creepy.
    2. Chicobo is in a stable and it grows up it will be outside the stable
    3. Config file not working for IDs
    If you happen to find any more bug or issue, please report it on this thread and I'll look into it ASAP :smile.gif:

Config File:
    As of 1.1, ChocoCraft allows you to customize the mod by editing the config file.
    You can change items/achievements IDs to solve conflicts, change the maximum number of Chocobos and choose whether to hide or show the name of the chocobos above their head.
    Here's how to do it:
    1. You can find the config file in your minecraft folder "/config/" and it's called "mod_chocobo.cfg".
    2. Open it with Notepad or any other text editor
    3. Lines that start with "#" are comment lines and show the original value for each variable, so don't change these.
    4. To change an item id (for example the Gysahl Green), find the line that has the item variable (in this case, "gysahlGreenid=150") and change the number to another (like this "gysahlGreenid=180". You can change it to any number from 0 to 32000.
    5. To hide chocobo names, change the line "show_chocobo_names=true" to "show_chocobo_names=false"
    6. To change the maximum number of chocobos that spawn in the world around you (excluding tamed and saddled) change "max_chocobos=50". I'd suggest it to be less than 100-200.

For any other mod developer, or people that want to change other mod's ids and not these, here are the IDs that I use:
    150 for the block of Gysahl Greens
    151 for the Gysahl crops
    1490-1515 for the items
    4550-4564 for achievements

Ideas for Future Development:
    1. Release it for SMP
    2. Special Gui when riding Chocobo that will show his current health and name
    3. Chocobos to attack enemies of the owner, much like wolves do
    4. Chocobos to have specific gear for them, giving more health/speed or storage
    5. New type of Chocobo - Fat Chocobo - that can storage as much items as a large chest
    6. Chocobo music when riding
    7. Item that can call a Saddled Chocobo to you
    8. Randomize Chocobo heights

If you have any more suggestions, comments or ideas, keep 'em coming :smile.gif:

How to Install:
    1. Install ModLoader, AudioMod and Custom Mob Spawner by following the instructions on the corresponding pages. The link to each can be found above the link to this mod.
    2. With ModLoader, AudioMod and Custom Mob Spawner installed, put this mod's .zip file in your minecraft "mods" folder.
    3. Next, open the mod's .zip file and extract the folder named "resources" to minecraft's "resources" folder.

Acknowledgments:
    1. Chocobos are creatures from Square Enix's Final Fantasy franchise, which later became main characters on their own games. As such, I do not own any right on them.
    2. The models of the Chocobos were HIGHLY inspired by the Moa creatures in The Aether Mod. If you don't know this mod, you should. Go get it ASAP.
    3. The models of the Chicobos were HIGHLY inspired by the chicks present in Baby Animals Mod. If you don't know this mod, you should also go get it ASAP.

Banner/Sig:
    [url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/952372-chococraft-10-mc-11-chocobos/"][img]http://i43.tinypic.com/105tc9e.jpg[/img][/url]

They are so cute!
    Love the mod, i just wish the chocobos were A. Smarter (like more commands) and B. bigger (they're so small in comparison to my character. they should be 3 or 2.5 blocks high and a bit longer) but thats just my opinion :biggrin.gif: keep up the good work!
    Quote from JakeZKAM

Love the mod, i just wish the chocobos were A. Smarter (like more commands) and B. bigger (they're so small in comparison to my character. they should be 3 or 2.5 blocks high and a bit longer) but thats just my opinion :biggrin.gif: keep up the good work!

They already made a new, bigger and better model. It's going to be implemented soon.
    Quote from percy795

OMG i can't find 1 freaking feather, just how rare are they supposed to be?!

Chocobos drop them like chickens lay eggs. I often times end up camping while waiting. I call it "Feather camping". It's where you get a handful of Chocobo and put them in an enclosed place, then sit in the middle while doing things in other windows.
    How man Indices does this use? Terrain and item, because I do want to add this to my mod experience, but I'm running out of space for it.
    Last edited by Gaelstrom: 2/18/2012 7:37:38 PM
    Quote from galdiir

you should add the chocobo lady from ff 13-2...

Choco-boco-liina!!!!! >.
    So... anyone wanna share pictures of their farms? :biggrin.gif:
    Quote from Fudgy Fetus

I will when I have one, but I'm waiting on the spawn rate update before going on my main game to prevent further crop damage to my wheat/melon farm. Once that happens and once I actually begin to farm chocos, then I'll post a pic or two.
    I used to be a console gamer. Then Xbox One and PS4 came out. Now I'm a PC gamer.
    Minecraft - the only game in the world where you can dig out a pile of gravel with a roast chicken...

I will when I have one, but I'm waiting on the spawn rate update before going on my main game to prevent further crop damage to my wheat/melon farm. Once that happens and once I actually begin to farm chocos, then I'll post a pic or two.

You can just lower the max chocobo's in the config file. I lowered mine to 10 and its a lot better.

I have one question. Is it possible you could make it were when you are flying on a chocobo that your head doesn't go into the blocks above you? I have to be very careful with my golden chocobo. Its very hard to control in tight spots because its so fast.
    Quote from EddieV

Choco-boco-liina!!!!! >.

well of course she is she is from the stupid ff13 series they shouldnt even have the name of final fantasy
    Proof that ff13/13-2 are inferior IMHO, the ff6 to ff10 I actually played from start to end with no pauses(as in didn't play other games, not that I didn't do other stuff :tongue.gif:).
    Also, they seem to be milking it too much, like with the from start dlc, 5 day dlc, 3 week dlc...... and chocolina, seriously the most annoying ff char ever :dry.gif:
    Last edited by firas333: 2/19/2012 2:33:43 AM
    you should add the chocobo lady from ff 13-2...

Choco-boco-liina!!!!! >.

Yes , if you do put her in the game , I will build a cannon from my weapon mod , and shoot her with it!

Choco-boco-KABOOM!!!
    Chocolina is what happens when a 4th generation inbred comites beastiality with a chocobo and the baby is born with a SERVERE mental condition :tongue.gif:
    Quote from Sigia

Chocobos drop them like chickens lay eggs. I often times end up camping while waiting. I call it "Feather camping". It's where you get a handful of Chocobo and put them in an enclosed place, then sit in the middle while doing things in other windows.

I used to do this, but the noise... dear gods, the noise x.x
    Mod ideas in my profile info! Send me a message or post in one of the threads if you're interested.
    To touch Divinity, one must first be prepared to brave reality.
    I thought I was the only one who didn't like FF13. I even bought the FF13 360. Played it one day... its been collecting dust ever since. I've never even heard of Chocolina and I've owned FF13 since the midnight release.

I've spent hundreds of hours, not even collectively... individually, on FF 7-10.
    My favorite to date is 7. Not because of the materia, the awesome characters, the awesome side quests... no none of these. I loved FF7 because of the Chocobo breeding.
    Did I mention thank you for an awesome mod.
    How do i make them stay put? xD They...Just...Wont..
    I tamed about 10 of them now i want them in their respective places in their barn.

Playing Better Than Wolves? Want it to be more sexy than it already is? Use this! Sphax-Style Better Than Wolves
    Quote from Gainspipr

How do i make them stay put? xD They...Just...Wont..
    I tamed about 10 of them now i want them in their respective places in their barn.

Only the saddled ones stay in place :S, and the saddled can't be told to walk freely unless you free then retame them.
    Quote from firas333

Only the saddled ones stay in place :S, and the saddled can't be told to walk freely unless you free then retame them.

Well that... sucks quite a bit. xD
    Having that in mind, how about a Choco Rope? Allowing users to Tie Chocobos to Trees ,Fences. \
    And they can walk freely around the place that they are tied too. (about 5-15 Radius?) And allowing to be tied to multiple places so that they stay where they are. :biggrin.gif:

Playing Better Than Wolves? Want it to be more sexy than it already is? Use this! Sphax-Style Better Than Wolves
    Quote from aspade01

You can just lower the max chocobo's in the config file. I lowered mine to 10 and its a lot better.

No, the max chocos in the config file doesn't work yet, that's precisely what I was meaning in my post. Eddy had confirmed that as yet that stat does nothing, and no matter how you adjust it it will have no affect on spawn rates.

That's what I said in my post - I'm waiting for that option to become available, because right now I'm getting 50 or more chocos a time on my screen and they're all trampling my crops, even though I set the config file to just 5.
    I used to be a console gamer. Then Xbox One and PS4 came out. Now I'm a PC gamer.
    Minecraft - the only game in the world where you can dig out a pile of gravel with a roast chicken...
    Quote from Fudgy Fetus

Sadly, I've been too busy building up my mod to actually play MineCraft. :Skeleton: But that will changed after ChocoCraft's update.

Quote from firas333

Did you know, if you hold the Chocobo Feather, you can make a saddled Chocobo follow you if you right click it an make it stay again with another right click?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes