[1.6.4]TerraFirmaCraft - Survival mode as it should've been.

For me it's sporadic on crashes, sometimes it'll let me play for almost an hour with out crashing other times it's every couple minutes. Even the hour long session was in a chunk with new trees (Willow, Maple, Ash). I had actually been playing the same world that I made just after 1d was posted, but this last crash finally got it. It won't let me make the logs into planks anymore.
    Last edited by Hidinginthelight: 4/17/2012 8:01:23 PM
    Quote from dragoon_103

are they any of the new types of trees except jungle? i thnk it might have to do with the new trees
    I can't test this theory as I'm overwhelmingly placed in treeless places. Ocean islands, tundra, plains, mountains.
    EDIT:
    Me first crash!

Ran MC under the TestRun.bat thing:
    Seleted the world in the list and clicked the play button. Immediately got "Saving Chunks", then this:

Mods loaded: 4
    ModLoader 1.2.5
    mod_MinecraftForge 3.0.1.84
    mod_TFC_Core 0.1.3
    mod_TFC_Game 0.1.3

Minecraft has crashed!	  
    	  ----------------------	  

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 6c1aca31 --------
    Generated 4/17/12 9:37 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
    Java: 1.7.0_03, Oracle Corporation
    VM: Java HotSpotâ„¢ Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series version 3.3.11554 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at abn.getTreeGen(BiomeGenBase.java:563)
    at BiomeGenForestTFC.getRandomWorldGenForTrees(BiomeGenForestTFC.java:91)
    at yg.a(BiomeDecorator.java:244)
    at yg.a(BiomeDecorator.java:194)
    at abn.a(BiomeGenBase.java:454)
    at aly.a(ChunkProviderGenerate.java:610)
    at ko.a(ChunkProvider.java:203)
    at ack.a(Chunk.java:1171)
    at ko.c(ChunkProvider.java:113)
    at ko.b(ChunkProvider.java:126)
    at xd.d(World.java:647)
    at xd.a(World.java:562)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.e(Minecraft.java:2191)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:2078)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:2025)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:1942)
    at mw.c(SourceFile:171)
    at mw.a(SourceFile:128)
    at vp.a(SourceFile:74)
    at vp.f(SourceFile:122)
    at vp.i(SourceFile:110)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(Minecraft.java:1561)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:819)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:747)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT e1a8ac7b ----------

It looks like it IS a tree issue.
    Just discovered this mod, I watched the videos first and was thinking how much it reminded me of DF, then I look at the description and hey! Looks like this mod will be awesome when it is complete, you've made a surprising amount of progress for such a big undertaking. Keep up the good work! I'm eagerly awaiting its completion!

Otherwise, I haven't tried the mod yet so this could already be implemented yet but I do have 2 suggestions a la DF, make stone much harder to mine with lower tier tools (like really slow, slower than a wood pick in vanilla). And make drops from stone/ores not 100% and depend on what tool type you are using (ie something equivalent to how the mining skill works in DF, but without using tool types rather than levels/skills)
    Last edited by cdan125: 4/17/2012 9:18:39 PM
    Wow sorry about that guys, that's the second time I've borked a release right as I went to bed. It had to do with how I rewrote the biome system so that it wasn't all hard coded. I didn't set the creation variable to -1 initially so when the biomes were setting themselves up, they didn't bother actually choosing the trees to place. so they were passing null instead of a value specifying the tree. Anyways, fixed and the download link has been updated.
    Lol. Dude. Finding some crazy chasms in this tundra biome. Like almost literally one grass block before a chasm. Creeper blew up and I end up falling about 30+ blocks to my death.

See that tiny bit of sky up there? That's a hole made by a creeper. There's a natural entrance to it, though, in the side of a dirt hill, but the drop's just sheer.

NOTE: Sorry. Used TMI/Creative mode. So yeah. That should explain all the torches.
    I used TMI to test if the trees themselves would work right by hacking in the saplings.
    Quote from bioxx

Wow sorry about that guys, that's the second time I've borked a release right as I went to bed. It had to do with how I rewrote the biome system so that it wasn't all hard coded. I didn't set the creation variable to -1 initially so when the biomes were setting themselves up, they didn't bother actually choosing the trees to place. so they were passing null instead of a value specifying the tree. Anyways, fixed and the download link has been updated.

Yeah, I mess up a lot when tired, too. In fact my allergy meds are starting to **** up my head right now as we speak.
    I end up embarrassing myself a lot when fatigued on the forums and junk. It's best not to do heavy work when asleep.. but then there's the constant feeling if you're doing something (like coding in your case) that you'll forget a certain thing or a certain few things if you take a break.
    Yep, taking a break is killer sometimes! That's why I tend to code all night, no distractions :P
    Do you intend on adding new types of flora and fauna to this mod at a later date?
    Yes I do actually :) My next major project will be agriculture and vegetation
    Can someone help me and tell me how to fix this error? Please I need help!
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: pb.isAirBlock(Lxd;III)Z
    at xd.i(World.java:576)
    at xd.b(World.java:461)
    at alb.a(WorldProvider.java:87)
    at xd.j(World.java:398)
    at xd.<init>(World.java:349)
    at xd.<init>(World.java:277)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:1930)
    at xh.a(SourceFile:163)
    at xh.a(SourceFile:233)
    Can someone help me and tell me how to fix this error? Please I need help!Oh, and also this.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: pb.hasTileEntity(I)Z
    at ack.a(Chunk.java:938)
    at ack.a(Chunk.java:918)
    at aiv.a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:397)
    at aiv.a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:87)
    at aiv.a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:70)
    at ko.e(ChunkProvider.java:142)
    at ko.c(ChunkProvider.java:90)
    I have a question about the support/collapse system, if you wouldn't mind answering.

I understand the basics and how it works on horizontal runs, but what about for things like making a stair case down to a horizontal mine shaft.
    Do I need to brace each tier on the way down? Or will it not collapse unless the horizontal length is more then 1,2,3 block(s) long?

I've just started my stairs down, I planned on needing supports, but only placed some at the very top, and so far it hasn't collapsed. I could see it being very costly in wood if I need to brace every level.
    Last edited by Hidinginthelight: 4/18/2012 12:51:11 AM
    Quote from volcom791

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: pb.isAirBlock(Lxd;III)Z
    at xd.i(World.java:576)
    at xd.b(World.java:461)
    at alb.a(WorldProvider.java:87)
    at xd.j(World.java:398)
    at xd.<init>(World.java:349)
    at xd.<init>(World.java:277)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:1930)
    at xh.a(SourceFile:163)
    at xh.a(SourceFile:233)

Oh, and also this.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: pb.hasTileEntity(I)Z
    at ack.a(Chunk.java:938)
    at ack.a(Chunk.java:918)
    at aiv.a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:397)
    at aiv.a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:87)
    at aiv.a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:70)
    at ko.e(ChunkProvider.java:142)
    at ko.c(ChunkProvider.java:90)

It looks like you installed wrong. Most likely your forgot Forge.

Quote from Hidinginthelight

I have a question about the support/collapse system, if you wouldn't mind answering.

I understand the basics and how it works on horizontal runs, but what about for things like making a stair case down to a horizontal mine shaft.
    Do I need to brace each tier on the way down? Or will it not collapse unless the horizontal length is more then 1,2,3 block(s) long?

I've just started my stairs down, I planned on needing supports, but only placed some at the very top, and so far it hasn't collapsed. I could see it being very costly in wood if I need to brace every level.

I'd have to look at the code but I think a support every other level will work fine. At one point(it may still be this way, it's hazy and I'm working on something else atm) The collapse system would check two Y levels for a support in a 5 block radius.
    Quote from bioxx

Yes I do actually :) My next major project will be agriculture and vegetation

Hnnngh. So basically TFCraft is going to end up being Metallurgy on steroids combined with FarmCraftory on crank. With gravity.

Hnnnnnngh!
    It seems the axes are not working right. They dissapear if I combine them with wood like the flint tool.
    "Hnnngh. So basically TFCraft is going to end up being Metallurgy on steroids combined with FarmCraftory on crank. With gravity."

No, much better since it tries to be more realistic. Metallurgy just adds new Ores. This Mod instead adds a whole new Ore retrieval system. This time you dont have a single strategy (dig down to level 11 and stripmine) to get all you want. This time you really need to research in what levels and what common stone layers you can find your ores. And not even the plain ones, but you have to extract the valuable contents out of them. That makes the whole thing much more interesting. But I would like to see that this mod doesn't only focusses on the primitive parts, but also makes it possible to build a big industry around it. I mean, the quarry from Buildcraft makes much more sense now, since you have to move big amounts of materials to get a significant amount of ores. Big, modern industrial furnances would make also a lot of sense. And another point: Recycling. Why does the ore of my pickaxe just disappear? Why cant I smelt the broken pickaxe to get a new one?

And another Question: What can I do with the gems im finding at the river?

Edit: And another Suggestions: I dont really understand why Sequoia shouldn't drop samplings. I mean a birch also needs a lot of time to grow in the real world. But this is minecraft. So maybe you can make the growing speed of the seqoas according to the one of birches like so:

Birch takes 60 years
    Sequoia takes 600 years

so make them grow 10 times slower than a Birch and thats it (like the ones in RedPower2, they also take ages till they grow).
    Last edited by Decrayer: 4/18/2012 2:06:19 AM
    Two other things i've noticed:

Big willow trees dont come done in one piece if I cut the trunk. I've to search for branches and hit them seperatly.

And the sapling rate seem to be awful low. The same tree gave not one sapling and I've destroyed most of its leafes by searching for the branches. I'd say there have to be at least two saplings per tree so you can reforest an area.
    Yea, real trees usually give you tons of samplings...

I also like to reforest. To make it more realistic, you could increase the grow time for balancing reasons.
    Last edited by Decrayer: 4/18/2012 2:48:25 AM
    I found some funky lava again, but it's a bit different this time (although the blocks may have updated a while ago)

Seed: -893995639298258822

x: 38
    y: 10
    z: -109
    b: hillsMM1 (Not that it matters :P )

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm using 1Bc, not 1Bd
    Last edited by Platoonsgt1: 4/18/2012 2:39:42 AM
    I like to help with the construction of server infrastructure, such as spawn buildings, shops and arenas. If you require assistance, send me a PM.
    My Server: No Plugins, Snapshot Server with an interesting respawn gimmick
    Try to update first, he fixed the crash from yesterday.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes