[1.2.5] ThaumCraft 2.1.6d (OUTDATED)

Quote from Boxmen

Can you make a version of ThaumCraft that has Bultcraft 2.1.4 api?

Why?!? This mod has no SMP anyway, and that's the only thing BC 2.x has over 3.x.
    Quote from PsiQss

Well, I have BC 2.1.4 installed and TC2 works just fine. I think.

It's sorta backwards compatible. Emphasis on the sorta.
    "Better Than Wolves: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places." - Stormweaver

It is, this is because we see the red "glow" of the red torch and the dim torch light which is actually tinted slightly yellow as of 1.1 I believe. (which means colored lights are technically possible and are just part of the light tile sprite for torches ;) )

yep, there is technically a light map like the biome map, I believe that moonlight is blue, sunlight is white, and torches are yellow.
    I wonder if you could theoretically expand it so that it uses the "darkness" colours for dark torches? (of course, it would still be emitting positive light levels, just "reverse light" not actually making it dark
    (insert light fantastic reference here)
    Quote from natchu96

It's sorta backwards compatible. Emphasis on the sorta.

*nervously eyes the generator*

VERY sorta
    i have made a lot of random thaumcraft inspired textures since this mod came out and i want to share them soon if anybody needs textures for a addon.

i have made a lot of eldrich inspired stuff and the quality of the textures is medium(nice enough)

i like to make item textures,but blocktextures is not my thing.

maybe i should make some mobmodels too and release them so addonmakers can use them
    Last edited by d95: 5/11/2012 9:34:47 AM
    For those that say that colored lighting is not possible I don't care for that. I just want a hovering colored ever-burning fire around my house.
    Hello guys.. I have a question! (Warning: Spoilers, possibly!)

In the room at the bottom of the obelisks, there's what look to be doors on each side of the room with 4 little notches in each, are they actually doors or do they do nothing? (or is there plans to extend them in future updates?). I'm just curious.. :P
    Moo.
    Quote from ZeCowMan

Hello guys.. I have a question! (Warning: Spoilers, possibly!)

In the room at the bottom of the obelisks, there's what look to be doors on each side of the room with 4 little notches in each, are they actually doors or do they do nothing? (or is there plans to extend them in future updates?). I'm just curious.. :P

They do do something
    You need to research to UNLOCK THEM
    A Thuluth key or similar spelling turns the blocks into bigger rooms

Quote from zephraph

snip
    What about making a Thaumic Deconstructor?

I read somewhere that the reason complex blocks can't be converted to vis is because of performance issues. I presume the conversion to vis is some recursive function call that looks at the recipe and then tries to convert the sub components to vis as well. Still, sometimes in my factories I find that I accidentally over stock machines and complex components that I don't really need at that particular moment. It would be nice to have a machine that uses vis to break an item down into its components.

snip

Me Gusta!
    Quote from demonblades

given enough time, it would be an interesting fight

Bit late, but EE would win, Within half an hour of EE you have full diamond armour, stacks of arrows and nova tnt
    Last edited by TheGrayGoo: 5/11/2012 10:12:19 AM
    Quote from TheGrayGoo

Me Gusta!

...but it should be named the Thaumic Retrograder and look like a (blocky) hourglass that turns around when its done.

Deconstruction is for engineers, mad MAGIC! just reverts time!
    Last edited by WhatGravitas: 5/11/2012 10:25:34 AM
    Quote from TheGrayGoo

They do do something
    You need to research to UNLOCK THEM
    A Thuluth key or similar spelling turns the blocks into bigger rooms

Me Gusta!

Bit late, but EE would win, Within half an hour of EE you have full diamond armour, stacks of arrows and nova tnt

Yeah..

Not long after I posted, I got the theory for the key :P Oops. Thanks Anyway!
    Moo.
    Quote from haette

IIRC it was about four or five for a basic focus. Been a while so that's probably wrong. Other foci cover a wider area so they need more fuel to mine everything they can reach.

Fire takes maybe 2-3 while digging it's stuff. The penalty is that you don't get stuff like cobble, dirt and stuff like that out. (which I really don't care about as I have lots of it)
    Quote from TXMount

I vaguely recall hearing that Notch IS planning on implementing colored light, but I couldn't point you to an article to confirm that... I DEEPLY hope it actually does come to pass, because it would be just lovely walking through the rainbow-colored light of my crystal farm..

Jeb, not Notch. Notch turned minecraft over to Jeb a while ago now.
    snip
    What about making a Thaumic Deconstructor?

I read somewhere that the reason complex blocks can't be converted to vis is because of performance issues. I presume the conversion to vis is some recursive function call that looks at the recipe and then tries to convert the sub components to vis as well. Still, sometimes in my factories I find that I accidentally over stock machines and complex components that I don't really need at that particular moment. It would be nice to have a machine that uses vis to break an item down into its components.

snip

This, a thousand times. MAKE IT SO AZANOR YOU MAGICAL GOD!
    I'm the bard. Always will be. And no one EVER respects the bard.
    Any one have a good seed for thaumificating and all that jazz to share? Im looking to start a new world
    Quote from Doom Lich

This, a thousand times. MAKE IT SO AZANOR YOU MAGICAL GOD!

Like any of the gods owe you anything.

People don't seem to have as much respect as they used to in this age . . .
    "Better Than Wolves: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places." - Stormweaver
    Quote from jmandiablo

Any one have a good seed for thaumificating and all that jazz to share? Im looking to start a new world

The TC2 goodies aren't particularly tied to seeds for some reason. You'll have better luck just finding a regular seed you like. Perhaps with a decent forest nearby.
    Quote from jmandiablo

I'm fond of using whatever music I'm currently listening to as a seed. Try "Ceremonials" as a seed (no quotes, of course) and if it spawns you in the same place it did for me, there should be about 6 monoliths within 500 meters, a village (I think) NW of spawn, and about 6 silverwood trees NE of spawn.
    I am the Godzilla of relationships. Once I've been there, there's nothing left but smoldering rubble and hysterical Japanese people.
    EDIT: Derp
    Last edited by TheGrayGoo: 5/11/2012 11:47:39 AM
    got an error, if you try to place a nitor torch on top of a vis condensor, it destroys the condensor.
    Quote from minecrafter1134

got an error, if you try to place a nitor torch on top of a vis condensor, it destroys the condensor.

Well yes because the condenser uses the block above it for the crystal animation.
    Quote from minecrafter1134

Not a bug, if there is something on top of a condenser it drops, as it wouldn't have place for an eventual crystal.

EDIT: ninjas!
    Last edited by Sage_Harpuia: 5/11/2012 11:52:32 AM
    Quote from Sage Harpuia

EDIT: ninjas!

I don't know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:
    Have you noticed how this topic stays quiet for a bit, someone posts and then 2-3 forum lurkers pounce at the opportunity?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes