When other people hear 'Craftable Animals', they think "Why?". When I hear
'Craftable Animals', I think "Why not?".
This mod adds a variety of tools centered around animals. The main features include:
- crafting animals and placing them anywhere in the world
- transporting and modifying animals
- creating and changing spawners
- applying armor to animals, even those that don't support armor by default
- creating holograms of animals
- turning animals into babys/adults
- wearing animals as a helmet
- create variations of animals that don't exist in vanilla Minecraft (e.g. a creeper jockey)
- ingame documentation
There are hundreds of animals, including all vanilla mobs. Even MoCreatures are available.
For the latest documantation of the mod, check out the ingame guide book. It can be obtained by slaying a pig while holding a regular book. The guide book contains the latest information on all the features of the mod.
Basic Crafting Recipes:
Even more recipes:
Differnet kinds of tamed cats. Recipes are shapeless.
Use colored wool to craft colored sheep or color them after crafting. Just put them in the crafting grid to shear them.
Wolves work with every color of wool or sheep. Also you can tame them and make them angry.
Use 4 slimes of one size to make a bigger one. The biggest, the giant slime, does not spawn naturally. Its size is defined in the config. Default is 10. Same with Magma Cube.
Armor + zombie = armored zombie. Works with every kind of normal armor and every normal tool (not modded items).
All different kinds of Villagers are possible. Even the infected villager and the witch.
All kinds of horses. 39 in total.
Different kinds of Jockeys. All are shapeless.
Some recipes that fit nowhere else. Enderman can hold all blocks up to blockID 128.
The guide book is an item that explains all features of this mod ingame. It is obtained by slaying a pig while holding a regular book. It should be the primary source for instructions about the mod, as it probably contains more up to date information than this thread.
The Animal Bow is a new bow. It can be used to place animals far away from you.
If you hit an existing animal it will be turned into the one you've shot.
To use it you need an arrow and an animal. In Creative Mode you don't need arrows but always an animal.
The empty spawner is a craftable spawner.
When placed it won't spawn anything. You can harvest it with a iron or diamond pickaxe.
To turn it into an working spawner just right click it with an animal. From this point it's a normal spawner. You can't harvest it anymore (you can destroy it).
You can still change the animal, that it spawns by right clicking it with another animal. This also work with generated spawners.
This works with every animal, including colored sheep, armored zombies and MoCreatures. And yes, it works with ender dragons, but they will destory the spawner.
The minimizer is used to turn animals into babys/adults. Left click any animal to turn it into a baby (you won't punch it). Right click it to turn it into an adult. If there are no baby version of an animal, nothing will happen.
This works for MoCreatures too.
The ender crystal works like every other block. Just right click to place it. But it also has the ability to remove existing ender crystal without explosion. To do this, simply left click and existing ender crystal while holding a crafted ender crystal.
The animal armored is crafted like a chestplate of cobblestone.
Using the animal armorer, you can apply armor and potions to mobs before placing them. This way you can apply armor to many animals that don't support armor by default. For example you can add a helmet and boots to a sheep or a chestplate to a creeper. Combinations that are not possible (e.g. pants on a silverfish) will be marked with a red cross in the slot. Zombies, skeletons, zombie pigmen and wither skeletons support all four kinds of armor and a tool. You can even give them blocks. Also, you can add up to five potions (regular or splash) to any animal.
This works with any piece of armor, even modded ones.
Here a picture of this feature in action:
Animal Display Case:
The animal display case can be used to display any animal as a model in the world. In its settings screen, you can define its size (10% to 1250% of this its normal size) and its position in the world, relative the the display block. You can even set it to rotate left or right. You can stop the roatation at any point by clicking the button in the settings screen or powering the block with redstone.
You can put normal craftable animals, baby animal, armored animals or animal souls in there.
By putting an animal, that has a baby version, together with a block of dirt in a crafting grid, you get two baby animals. Putting them both in a crafting grid gives you the adult version back. A baby animal has a red star it its corner, the icon will be the same.
Again, this works with MoCreatures too.
The animal soul can capture animals in their current form and release them again. It copies all the movement and properties of an animal (health, position of legs, angle of head, fire, ...). This is useful for putting the animal in a animal display case. When caputing an animal that is ridden by something, the soul will capture all riding animals as well.
Hovering over it in the inventory, will show some information about the captured animal.
Wear animals as helmet:
You can equipp any animal in you helmet armor slot. The animal will sit on top of your head then. Animals don't provide any damage reduction, they are just visual.
You can wear normal crafted animals, baby animals or animal souls on your head.
By shift-right-clicking on a zombie, zombie pigmen, zombie villager, skeleton or wither skeleton, you can give them a helmet too.
Spawners in minecarts:
You can craft spawners in minecarts. You can change them like normal spawners.
Things riding things riding things:
When you right click an existing animal with a crafted animal, you will make the crafted animal ride the existing one. This works multiple times, so you can create huge towers of animals.
You can place animals in boats or minecarts too.
By default, the mod will check for a newer version at every start and notify you, if there is one. The guide book contains information about the current and latest version. Only newer version for the current Minecraft version will be shown. This feature can be disabled in the config.
Animals drop themselves:
When an animal dies (killed by player or not), it will have a 5% chanche to drop itself in addition to its normal drops. The chance can be changed in the config file.
Remove spawn eggs:
Now that you have craftable animals, you won't need spawn eggs anymore. Using the config you can tell the mod to remove the spawn eggs.
When removing the eggs, the mod will add a dummy item for compatiblity when playing SMP.
The mod is available in English, Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) and Portuguese (Brazil). If you want to translate the mod in your language, please send me a message.
Why this mod is better than Spawn eggs:
Here a few feature which set this mod apart from simple spawn eggs:
- there are more than 200 craftable animals including MoCreatures
- animal bow
- create spawners, change spawners, spawners in minecarts
- ender crystal
- armored animals
- animal display case
- baby animals
- animal soul
- wear animal on your head
- ability to create stacks of animals
- armor for animals that don't support it by default
Here a small example of what this mod can do:
MoCreatures by DrZhark, extension by Naruto1310
The mod supports officially MoCreatures. To speed up development, the extension is not included in the main mod. It can be downloaded separatly.
For the latest crafting information, check out the CraftableAnimals guide book.
You can create golems using the following blocks: stone, dirt, cobblestone, planks, sand, gravel, wood, gold block, glass, wool, leaves, iron block, clay brick, endstone, obsidian, diamond block, crafting table, furnace, ice, cactus, clay block, emerald block, pumpkin, netherrack, diamond ore, glowstone, stone brick, nether brick.
And the other ones:
Who doesn't love animated gifs?
You can get the horses that are not listed above by breeding (put 2 of them in your crafting gird).
Install the main mod.
Place the file "[1.x.x]CraftableAnimals MoCreature Extension v1.x.jar" in your mods folder.
- added missing mobs (maggot, roach, ant, crab, small fish, medium fish, piranha, raccoon, silver skeleton, mole, ent, mini golem)
- fixed dependency information
- compatibility with main mod 22.214.171.124 and MC 1.7.10
- removed dependency information, as there seems to be a problem with it (make sure you've set everything up correctly)
- compatibility with main mod v126.96.36.199 and MC 1.7.2
- added cave and fire orge again (why did I remove them?)
- compatibility with main mod v2.3 and MC 1.6.2
- added moths
- removed cave and fire orge
- changed some recipes
- compatibility with main mod v2.2.1 and MC 1.5.2
- updated to MoCreatures v5.2.2
- compatibility with main mod v2.2 and MC 1.5.1
- fixed mod sorting bug
- added wyverns
- added baby animals
- fixed some rendering bugs
- first release as seperate download (changes are compared to main mod v2.0.2)
- added golem, new ostriches, elephants, mammots, komodo dragon
- changed icons to match redesign of jellyfish
Main mod: Latest (v188.8.131.52 for MC 1.7.10) Old versions Sources
Minecraft Forum guidelines require me to inform you that this mod accesses the internet, to check for a newer version. No information is sent during this process and only a tiny file mapping MC versions to the latest mod versions is received. This function can be turned off using the configuration file.
- massive performance improvement when loading world
- armorer works on all animals
- improved performance and usage of display case
- updated packet handler, to prevent memory leaks
- picking animals in creative mode will give you the craftable animal item (if available)
- shift-picking animals in creative mode will give you a filled animal soul (always)
- fixed compatability across MC versions
- removed strict version check (meaning it will work with MC 1.7.10, 1.7.2 and possibly more)
- minor fixes
- decreased default giant slime size to 8
- fixed animals not being consumed when using them
- fixed animal bow not consuming animal
- added option to disable shift clicking armor on mobs
- fixed update message always showing
- added zombie villager jockey
- minimizer works on slimes and magma cubes
- various other fixed
- added guide book
- added update check
- animal display cases should now work without having to click on them
- improvements to display case gui
- spawner will stop spawning when powered with redstone
- ender crystals will spawn in the middle of a block
- decreased chance of animal dropping itself to 1%
- compatibility for MC 1.7.2
- added animal armorer
- added Craftable Animals creative tab (can be disabled in the config)
- many animals, that don't support armor by default, can now be armored
- removed old zombie armor system
- added shift-clicking armor on mobs
- fixed bow not rotation and zooming correctly
- new icon for bow
- fixed enderman holding locked chest
- fixed animal soul rendering on fire
- compatibility for MC 1.6.4
- fixed enderman holding blocks
- fixed status switch in animal display case not working
- fixed zombiew armor working not right
- fixed animals not orienting properly when wearing them on your head
- compatibility for MC 1.6.2
- the mod does not override the spawner anymore
- probably all spawner related bugs fixed
- greatly improved compatiblity with adventure maps
- added horses
- RenderPlayerAPI is no longer needed for wearing animal on your head
- ability to put animals on the head of zombies and skeletons
- animals will spawn on the middle of a block instead of on the edge
- remove spawn eggs option is off by default
- compatibility for MC 1.5.2
- added spawner in minecart
- fixed crash with spawners
- improved zombie rendering
- added Animal Soul
- added enderman holding blocks
- right clicking an animal with an animal will create a jockey
- changed wither skeleton recipe
- fixed crafting armored zombies
- added shift clicking in animal display case
- animal display case scale now goes in 0.1 steps when below 1
- fixed animal bow
- compatibility for MC 1.5.1
- added portuguese localization (thanks to FelypePotatoScience)
- fixed animal display case not rendering when block is out of screen
- fixed spawner not saving type
- compatibility for MC 1.5
- added traditional chinese localization (thanks to b21664876)
- much better implementation of spawners (spawn tags should work)
- added chat message when equipping an animal as hemlet without RenderPlayerAPI installed
- you can equip animals as a helmet
- baby animals work for extensions too
- animal display will show up under decorations tab in creative menu
- animal display case has a hardness
- animal display case will stop rotation when powered with redstone
- fixed jockeys crashing the game
- fixed ocelots always spawning tamed
- fixed animal display case not syncronized for all players in SMP
- fixed ender crystal icon
- added animal display case
- added baby animals
- fixed crash when using other mods that add animals
- compatiblity for MoCreature extension
- added generic villager
- decreased chance of an animal dropping itself on death from 10 to 5 by default
- compatibility for Minecraft 1.4.7
- animal bow will have the same durability as the bow used for crafting it
- when using the "Flame" enchantment on an animal bow, the spawner animal will burn
- fixed crash when trying to place animal in empty spawner (hopefully)
- fixed slimes and magma cubes spawning with wrong size
- fixed zombie-with-diamond-axe-spawns-as-zombie-with-mushroom-stew-bug
- spawners can now spawn armored zombies
- added dummy item to replace removed spawn eggs (for SMP)
- compatibility for Minecraft 1.4.6
- fixed spawner losing its data when (un)installing the mod
- removed MoCreature support from main mod (will be available as seperate download)
- fixed crafting armored zombies with boots not working correctly
- compatibility for Minecraft 1.4.5
- removed sheared sheep as its own item and added it as sheep with damage 16
- added new MoCreature werewolves
- changed textures and names of MoCreature scorpions to match the changes in MoCreatures
- compatibility for Minecraft 1.4.4
- fixed crash when trying to pick animals in creative mode with spawn eggs removed
- fixed spawners changing their spawner animals when un/installing mod
- fixed some mobs not spawning right e.g. skeleton without a bow
- compatibility for Minecraft 1.4.2
- SMP support
- MoCreature support
- added bat, witch, wither skeleton, wither boss and infected villager
- added armored zombies (this allows 31752 different combinations)
- spawners will stop working when powered with redstone
- fixed spawner spawning animals into blocks
- changed how spawners render the animal inside it (better for jockeys)
- fixed jockey not working
- new icon for animal bow
- added recipe for minimizer
- changed and removed some old recipes
- placed animals will spawn on the right side of the block
- dispense animals
- ability to remove spawn eggs
- removed NEI subset
- changed animal bow shooting order
- fixed crash when trying to use animal bow without animal in inventory
- changed how animals drop themselves on their death
- fixed snow golem recipe
- compatibility for Minecraft 1.3.2
- added Minimizer to turn animals into babys/adults
- changed configuration file
- spawners can now spawn every animals that is craftable (including jockeys)
- added API like thing to implement coming MoCreature support easier
- you can now remove an ender crystal without explosion by right clicking it with another ender crystal
- compatibility for Minecraft 1.2.5
- compatibility for Minecraft 1.2.4
- added Ocelot (and tamed cats) and Iron Golem
- added NEI config (forgot to include it in 1.3.1 download)
- compatibility for Minecraft 1.2.3
- you can now change the animal a spawner spawns, by right clicking it with an animal
- added Animal Bow
- added craftable spawner (default ID: 227, ID can be changed in config)
- added NEI configuration (can be disabled in the config)
- on their death animals have a 10 percent chance of dropping themselves (value can be changed in config)
- the mod will now detect outdated configurations and update them. This won't change the values
- new recipes for chicken and cow, recipe for enderman will result in 8 instead of 7 enderman
- compatibility for Minecraft 1.1.0
- fixed bug that made black sheep not craftable
- added Snow Golem, Mooshroom, Villagers, Blaze, Magma Cube, Ender Dragon
- when placing an Ender Dragon, you will be asked if your sure. If you are, click the same block again. This can be disabled in the config. Keep in mind EnderDragon doesn't despawn when turning to peaceful and WILL do MASSIVE DAMAGE to your world
- mod now requires Minecraft Forge
- compatibility for Minecraft 1.0.0
- added Enderman, Cave Spider, Silverfish
- added configuration file, it can be found in ".minecraft/config"
- sheep have now colored wool in the inventory
- added saddled pigs again
- added different sizes for slimes, includung a giant slime which does not spawn naturally
- added charged creepers
- added tamed and angry wolves
- added sheared sheep
- increased quantity
- changed IDs, existing animals in inventory may disapear or change when updating from an older verion
- added Slimes, Wolves, Ghasts, Zombie Pigman, Squids, Jockeys and Giants
- fixed some bugs with crafting recips. Now you can change a sheep's color by putting it and a dye in the crafting grid
- removed saddled pigs, they will be included in next version
- all mobs now can be stacked up to 16
- initial release
* versions marked with a star do not contain MoCreature support, because MoCreatures wasn't updated by the time I created the version.
Install Minecraft Forge.
Place the file "[1.x.x]Craftable Animals v2.x.x.x.jar" in your mods folder.
The installation is the same for client and server.
If you use MoCreatures go to Options -> Global Mod Settings -> MoCreatures -> Vanilla Mobs -> Despawn Vanilla Mods and set it to No.
How to report problems:
In case the game crashes after installing the mod, please include a log when reporting the problem. The log can be found at ".minecraft/logs/fml-client-latest.log". Place your log in a spoiler tag to keep the post short and readable.
Also say when the crash occured (e.g. at startup, when loading a world, after crafing a pig, ...).
From now on, I will ignore all crash reports that don't contain a log.
- a goat I met on a football field
If you want to include this mod in a modpack you make, you are allowed to do so under the following conditions:
- you provide credit in form of my name and a link to this topic
- you don't make money using the pack
After you have placed them they shouldn´t despawn, so that this mod have a use and you can make your own pig pet, called Jimmy.
Otherwise nice, but the crafting recipes are expensive, so it need a use!