Due to Mojang updating the Minecraft EULA to forbid capes from the 1st of August, MCCapes has had to close down to comply.
Sorry for the inconvience and I hope you have enjoyed the mod over the last three years.
If you would like to be emailed if I create any future Minecraft mods, please send an email to [email protected]
Everybody wants a cape and now you can get one! Create an account in ten seconds and login, upload a cape image or choose one from the gallery! After that, all you have to do is install the mod and you'll be able to see your cape!
- Your own custom cape!
- Animated and transparent capes!
- Anyone else who has this mod will see your cape and you will see theirs!
- Turn your cape on and off with a simple tick box on this website!
- Change your cape at any time!
Please see the website for more information on transparent and animated capes!
MCPatcher method (Compatible with ~everything!) - Experimental
1) Download MCPatcher
2) Download the MCCapes.com MCPatcher Method: For 1.3 to 1.4.7 For 12w24a to ? For 1.2.5 and below (Or any version lower than 12w24a)
3) Extract the file downloaded in step 2 so that the mcpatcher-mods folder is inside your .minecraft folder, NOT INSIDE THE MINECRAFT.JAR FILE. This should leave you with a directory structure like this: \.minecraft\mcpatcher-mods\MCCapes.jar
4) Run MCPatcher and tick the Minecraft Capes! tick box. If you are running other mods in your minecraft.jar file, untick everything else unless you know they will work and what they do or you know what you are doing.
5) Click the Patch button
6) If you've done everything correctly and you don't receive any errors, play Minecraft with your new cape!
If you have lost your password or don't have access to your own account then open Minecraft and connect to reset.mccapes.com using the account you wish to reset and your account/password will automatically and instantly be reset.If the reset tool works for you, posting a quick thanks here would be highly appreciated so that new users can find the mod
Mod spotlight (Made by CaptainSours)
Mod spotlight (Made by Jolly ol' Brits)
Mod installation tutorial using Minecraft Forge - Windows (Made by avi12)
Mod installation tutorial - Windows (Made by xDark2197)
Mod installation tutorial - Mac (Made by xDark2197)
How to create your own custom cape - (Made by AllRanger)
You can reuse content from this mod in other packs with permission
You cannot re-distribute this content
You can write reviews with screenshots
You can make videos using this content Zombe's Modpack compatibility made with permission
Fixed a problem where a new cape wasn't being shown on the website when uploaded and also added a delete button to get rid of your old cape if needed. Sorry to everyone that was getting confused and thinking their new cape wasn't being uploaded. :smile.gif:
I'm getting crashes i can play for about a minute then it goes into the saving chunks... screen and then dies. Looks like it conflicts with forge.
If you PM me with a download link to the file that it's conflicting with, I can edit it and send you a copy that is compatible :smile.gif: (Just take the file out of your Minecraft jar file - sz.class for 1.8.1 or wd.class for 1.9-pre5 - and upload it to something like MediaFire and send me the link)