Chocolate quest. Mods for the adventurers

Quote from Chocolatin

I have no ideo why its happening this, you installed it well?, are the templates in the .minecraft/BetterDungeons/ folder? Its your config file created(.minecraft/BetterDungeons.conf)? If so have you modified it?
    BTW, in you last message you told me you were using 1.1 version, but in the log I see 1.0 mods and modloader.

yeah i did mention it was in 1.1 but i raged and deleted all the files containing your mod and my 1.1 files.. and unless the templates are not supposed to go into the .minecraft/mod/ folder and everytime the config file loads up it ends up in the .minecraft folder. not the .minecraft/config/ folder. and i havent modified the config folder either. im really wanting to up the excitement of MC if only i can get this properly working
    Quote from twitchfish

yeah i did mention it was in 1.1 but i raged and deleted all the files containing your mod and my 1.1 files.. and unless the templates are not supposed to go into the .minecraft/mod/ folder and everytime the config file loads up it ends up in the .minecraft folder. not the .minecraft/config/ folder. and i havent modified the config folder either. im really wanting to up the excitement of MC if only i can get this properly working

Probablly there is the issue, the config and the templates must be in the .minecraft/ folder.
    Your folder must be like this:
    /.minecraft

• /bin
    • /BetterDungeons/*here are all the templates
    • /mods/here goes the BetterDungeons.zip
    • /resources
    Last edited by Chocolatin: 1/18/2012 7:34:05 PM
    Quote from Chocolatin

Probablly there is the issue, the config and the templates must be in the .minecraft/ folder.

ill give that a try and get back to you on it. thank you so much. cant wait to CONQUER ALL DUNGEONS.
    So i got the template map, but could not figure out were the swamp was or how it worked...I'm really noob at this, i'm trying to wrap my head around how i'm going to make this work (i know why your dungeons don't have slopes now..hehehe) I'm afraid i'm probably not going to be able to bang out that big idea of mine...maybe just not probable.

yeah if i could find your swamp template though that might help alot! you should really advertise this in a builders section of the forum. I'm sure they'd love to be apart of something that changes the game so much.

-------------------------------------------------

I did get an idea though relating to your teleports.....what if....

the teleports lead to a very very special place (not just a dungeon)?

the idea i have needs some kind of block that's indestructable (as you can't pick axe your way through it) if you made a cube room of this material and merely had a chest with something very very special (maybe your adventure items scrolls) and a portal that lead into the room...eh? :biggrin.gif:

then once your in the room you had some kind of trigger that got rid of the indestructible blocks..or if not possible just having to use the teleport to leave that special room back to were you came from (end of certain dungeon)

it doesn't have to be how all teleports work but maybe if you had a special few that spawned after a boss or something. It might help balancing as well.
    Couple questions about the bosses. First, are there many unique dungeons of the same type in each biome? For example, is there more than one swamp cave in the game? The reason I ask is because I’ve spent countless hours in a swamp cave and have not seen the spider boss and I don’t think the slime boss either. I did run into a large green slime in a narrow hallway, and that was when I was in an adjacent abandoned mine, but I’m pretty sure it’s just a regular slime from looking at the wiki.

Second, do the bosses only spawn in a certain location for the unique dungeons and if so a little guidance would help. I don’t know if they are deep inside the cave easily seen or hidden in some secret room. Or maybe they are in another swamp cave and I should just leave this one alone now.

I’ve been in the same swamp cave for over well over 6 hours and I’m almost positive I’ve covered the whole cave.

Thanks
    Tanus79: There infinite of each dungeons, as long as you discover the world more will spawn. The diference between dungeons its relative, as they are randomly generated, for example for strongholds you probablly will see the same room 2 times, but the rooms order, or the room path its traced randomly. If you have not dind the spider boss its probablly because you are not looking well, or dungeons are very hide, there are a max of 4 templates copied on each jungle, and each template have a spider boss on it, so there must be 2/4 spider bosses for each cave section(cave sections are 100x100 tiles, and caves can be not connected) look the pic below to see the some boss spawning places(ignore glass its a special block from the editor). A tip to find the slime boss: just dig down on each pirate ship you see, there is a 1/3 chances of a slime cave there (or use minutor or some program to see the caves, and you will notice them).
    bigwon: well, my teleporters are not blocks, and I don't want to limit the user with indestructible blocks. The portals have been designed more for the adventure items mod than for the dungeons, but I thought it could fit very good having portarls spawning on the overworld and the big structures on the underground, so you won't have the surface overloaded with buildings, and prevfents incompatibilities with mods like millenaite, bt as there are not many bods building underground I can do all I want there, I sacrifice mining spots, but with a infinite world you won't miss them. So portals will have the overworld portal, and a underground portal in the same position, its just to have a good way to find dungeons without loosing hous mining(you can also reach them mining, but poeople looking for adventure probablly don't want to spend time mining tunnels).
    The swamp dungeons are those in the picture, there are not many of them, only 5, and are located between the empty nether city, and the desert maze entrances(the glass block its the "null block", appears as wood in the exporter descriptions but I changed the texture).
    Last edited by Chocolatin: 1/19/2012 12:51:42 PM
    Ok, first off, great mod, I really love it, here it comes, BUT, is there anyway to scale down the damages a bit? I just started a new world for it and about 30 seconds into it some guy with a bow pops out and kills me in one shot. I respawn and go a different direction, start gathering wood, look at a spot for a little starter house, and BOOM, another bow guy one shots me. I probally died 5-6 times on the first day, every time getting one shotted by a random bowman. So yeah, I really love it, the dungeons are awesome, but it sure would be nice to actually be able to play it a bit.
    Pirates keep spawning on my Island...
    Quote from Awesomebob74

Oh I know. ->I'm just not going to update to 1.1 till IC2 and buildcraft are updated.<- So I'm stuck with funny, wimpy dwarves.
    I can definitely see where they would be a major threat.

I love the bow animation! Bout time critters in this game telegraphed their attacks *glares at notch*

HOLY COW! WE ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON
    i love both of them mods.
    I have my own Youtube Channel, Steam ( |NC10|Bassdrop1 ) and a whole plethora of other accounts.
    Nobs 4 lyf
    Quote from Chocolatin

bigwon: well, my teleporters are not blocks, and I don't want to limit the user with indestructible blocks.

hmmmmmm......might it be possible to set one of your teleporters to transfer you to a custom dungeon in the end?

what i'm thinking is with the indestructable block building (part of the adventure pack)placed in the end you could make a cool little building that the player can walk around, and see outside of...but can't break out of or into. the only way to get in would be one of those nifty teleporters (maybe a specialer kind found in a dungeon) and the only way back out that same teleport.

on my paper it looks like a means to get rid of limiting players (who goes to the end anyways? i guess it could be an underground dungeon in the end so it doesn't get plowed through by the dragon) and doesn't interfere with any of the buildings you currently made.

i dunno i'm just thinking it'd be really cool to have these special dungeons to adventure for with the special adventure items your making to have inside as a prize.

originally i'm thinking some mystical etheral palace that towers above looking into the endless end. but...that dragon might be problematic to that.

just thought i'd discuss the possibility of this..hehe
    Quote from Chocolatin

please excuse me for being dumb, but i'm guessing the way this works is.

I can't work my brain around how that could translate into your swamp caves...so i'm guessing those are merely custom structures meant to spawn in whatever algorithm you have that makes the swamp cave.

so if i were to try to make that stone civilization i would be making structures like this to spawn in whatever stone cave generator you'd make? I'm guessing that it'd be as simple as switching blocks from (dirt,pumpkins,etc.) to (stone,obsidian,gravel,etc.) to make a stone equivalent of your swamp?
    bigwon: the way they are spawned its really easy, they have a chance of spawning in a random posotion of each cuarter of the total map. For the portal to the end, actually its not possible, maybe in a fututre if I find the code to if, but if I do I will add a plains dimension for castles instead of using the end.BTE, I0ve seen a new biome will be added, I will move swamp caves to ir, they will fit better in jungle biomes!

noclafyrG: no there is not a way to scale down the damage, you are probablly being attacked by dwarves or pirates, and they are supposed to be hard, try to stay away from them until you get som armor and a sword, and kill them once you can.
    ok so i know what to make now....hehe...i'll make building like those ones you have for the swamp but for the stone cave equivilent.
    wow I just had the most epic battle ever I have the tale ok kingdoms mod and the zepplin mid and skyrimcraft and animal bike. So when my first generated a world their was a ship in the distance so I hired some hunters to come with me just in case of sharks (I forgot mo creatures) so I climbed up the ship and the pirates started attacking me so I pulled out.my sheild and excaliber and i used drive form the blast the pirates out of the ship and the hunters and sharks took care of the rest so after that I went back to the guild and got more money with the items in the ship and I.made a zepplin thing and piloted the ship with my men and I found ( and conqured ) tons of pirate ships unfilled I found a giant ship full of pirates so I boarded the ship to kill the people my and my men rushed in their and thing were going good for a while but soon all of the 30 + men I had for a crew were all dead and pirates came after me one by one so I switched my excaliber to bolt form and blew a hole in the ship to escape not knowing to hull was full of pirates so I kept blasting holes until most of the ship was burning the I switched to drive form and getsuga tenshoed(bleach reference) everyone reapeatedly
    Unfilled I jumped out of the ship and swam to shore ( forgot i had a boat ) lession is don't mess with the giant boat unless you got the whole u.s. European and Russian armies
    Find Siege castle.
    Kill Diamond armored zombies.
    Find chest.
    Find Diamond Block in said chest.
    everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

9.95/10

My only complaint is now MC freezes for several seconds (probably to generate one of these), but that's mostly cause my computer sucks. Great job, can't wait to explore now.
    Hey there Chocolatin.
    I just dropped by to tell you how much I appreciate your mod. It's fantastic.
    Thanks a lot, I'm looking forward to see what the future will bring to this mod.
    Buildcraft + Thaumcraft + Red Power + Forestry + Industrial Craft + Millenaire + Mystcraft = AWESOME!!!
    Great mod! I'm loving it :smile.gif: Well done!

PS.
    I found the same shipwreck cave as the screenshot :tongue.gif:
    hey again is adventure items up to date 1.1.0 because i installed it and got this error message

Mods loaded: 15
    ModLoader 1.1
    mod_Armor 1.1
    mod_Arrows 1.1
    mod_Destructor 1.1.0
    mod_ExpBank XP Bank v3.0
    mod_Floodgate 1.1
    mod_IDResolver 1.1 - Update 0
    mod_LightSensor 1.1
    mod_RecipeBook 1.1
    mod_ReiMinimap v3.0_01 [1.1]
    mod_Shelf 1.1
    mod_SpawnerGUI 1.1
    mod_SpellBook 1.0.1
    mod_Stackables 1.1
    mod_xpore null

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to [email protected]
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT e5bc3574 --------
    Generated 21/01/12 1:00 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.1
    Java: 1.7.0_02, Oracle Corporation
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: GeForce GT 220/PCI/SSE2 version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: AUItemTeleportScroll, method: a signature: (Ldk;Lry;Lvi;I)V) Incompatible argument to function
    at mod_adventureItems.<clinit>(mod_adventureItems.java:15)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:269)
    at ModLoader.readFromClassPath(ModLoader.java:1239)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:819)
    at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
    at afq.<init>(afq.java:80)
    at afq.<clinit>(afq.java:9)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:265)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:648)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT f4103571 ----------

it was working fine before

thanks in advance
    plz reply asap
    Oh I just got 1 question. Whenever you come across a castle and kill the mobs inside, will they be gone for good or will they respawn?

Thanks.
    BacardiAddict: the ones you killed won't respawn, but if you have not illuminated the place there is a chance of naturally spawning mobs(just like every dark place in the game).
    rainbow_dash_777: sorry, but the advnture items have not been updated yet, I will do it soon as I have the uptade almost completed, but I'm adding some fast travel portals, and this will require a better dungeons update too(the hard code its done, i'm fixing last bugs and fixing some templates).
    flame striker: haha!, pirates can be really crazy, I don't know how the excalibur works, as I seen in the videos it uses much explosions, the best idea its to use fire instead of explosions, the ship will be destroyed too, but you will do more damage with the fire than with explosions.
    MFCoffee: yes sometimes freeze, but its only while generating new terrain, and some dungeons are not noticeable, but volcanoes for example takes long time.
    bigwon: I think its probablly better to them with stone blocks onstead of stone, just because will be easier to spot by the player.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes