Chocolate quest. Mods for the adventurers

Unfortuneately I asked Grim to update a mod called better blocks over 6 months ago with no progress. If you look at the number of mods grim has agreed to update I doubt he will ever finish them all. So him agreeing to update a mod is more like he hasnt ruled it out. Given some of the comments about the mods code I suspect this mod would nearly need a ground up rewrite and I doubt thats going to happen from somone other than the mod author.

I hope im wrong, I have wanted this mod updated since 1.3.2 landed and I think this mod is the only mod I think i can tempt some of my friends into playing minecraft with, I NEED THIS MOD. So I hope im wrong.
    Could you make it tekkit classic compadible? I think it would be great to have that in tekkit. :)
    Quote from sckolar

Was fun, but when I played with it, I found the dungeons way too common to be exciting after a while. If there was 1 in every 30 biomes (in large biomes) or something that would be different.

I would only be able to stand that if the original Zeppelin mod was still around. :/
    Quote from Candywarrior

Could you make it tekkit classic compadible? I think it would be great to have that in tekkit. :)

It won't be Tekkit compatible without SMP, but you can add this to Technic Pack (SSP), it is compatible with it, i only had to install it like on a pure vanilla Minecraft.jar :)
    any notices ,if they update the mod?
    The best dungeon mod .. I wait for update it was amazing.
    Um, kind of random, but just wondering, what's the highest level recorded on survival with a soul weapon?
    cause i saw something saying they only go to 16, but atm i've got a dagger at 20 or 21, so like, idk, is that a record?
    Hi guys, an alpha2 version of the mod is ready to test now! (now requires Forge)
    Here is the dowload link , (you should download a file called BetterDungeons.zip)
    There have been many changes in the mod i have to document, most of the dungeons have been modified, some have been deleted, some have been fully rewrited. Same on the mobs and bosses. Mos of the items have been removed, and some old ones and new ones have been included directly into the main download.
    The exporter is also included into the main download but its disabled by default, to enable look for the tag enableExporter in the config file and set it to 1. I will post some more information, and be waiting for your feedback for a beta version soon.

How does it work

Just like the old days, but instead of installing modloader you will need forge extract the downloaded zip into you .minecraft folder and play!
    The dungeons will spawn around the world like in the old versions, you can algo go to the misc tab, in creatibe inventory and find this item: . Right click on it to open a new GUI where you can find dungeon spawners. Be patient when using the spawners as it takes some time to generate and place the dungeons.

The new dungeons exporter
    To use the new dungeons exporter you have to enable it in the config file, look for the exporterEnabled tag and set it to 1. In game to get the items you need to export a dungeon are in the special items GUI opened using . There you will find blocks to place as mobs/chests... and the exporter block. Placing the exporter block will show a big wireframed cube, the inside of that cube will be exported as the dungeon. You can change the size of the cube by interacting with the exporter block. Dungeons will be exported into .minecraft/Chocolate/Exporter , you can see more detail about each dungeon specification into the first post.
    Some special blocks you have to take care are:
    Chests: when imported into the world thw inventory will be replaced for a random inventory.
    Spawners: if the spawners have as mob a pig, it will be changed into a random mob.
    Levers: active levers won't emit signal until reactived
    To test the dungeons you can use the capsule item, right click on the exporter block to get the template, then get away and launch it, to spawn a copy of it. Some special notes here, if you are not in creative, when right clicking the exporter block, your building will be removed. Here a fast video showing how it works:
    Last edited by Chocolatin: 2/14/2013 12:18:55 PM
    Quote from Chocolatin

Hi guys, an alfa version of the mod is ready to test now!
    Here is the dowload link
    There have been many changes in the mod i have to document, most of the dungeons have been modified, some have been deleted, some have been fully rewrited. Same on the mobs and bosses. Mos of the items have been removed, and some old ones and new ones have been included directly into the main download.
    The exporter is also included into the main download but its disabled by default, to enable look for the tag enableExporter in the config file and set it to 1. I will post some more information, and be waiting for your feedback for a beta version soon.

I had to do a double-take when I saw you were the most recent post! Thank you for working so hard to update this and not giving it up, I'll gladly get to bug testing right away! Since the days of the yogbox this was always my favorite mod, I can't contain my happiness right now ahahaha :lol:
    Welcome back Chocolatin i will test this new alfa :D version :)
    (Banner made with pam's mods, IC2, Redpower and many other)
    Omg!!! Thank you for this awesome mod :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:
    Just when you thought it was safe to go underground... BetterDungeons gets updated. I wouldn't have minded if I waited for 1.5, but thank you very much! Time to investigate these changes!
    nothing to see here, move along now
    Thanks for updating this!!!!

Definitely one of my top ten favorite mods!
    Well, this is an alpha, so bug reports are what you need: Throwing an empty capsule crashes the game with a NullPointerException

EDIT: More bugs, shift-clicking an item into the Items GUI (the one with the dungeon spawners) crashes.
    Last edited by Blockmaster139: 2/9/2013 2:11:27 PM
    nothing to see here, move along now
    When I got the chance to, I was just gonna make a modloader port of all the mobs, but I guess it was updated I can't now. :/
    Well I'll be damned!

I was checking like I do every day, not hoping for much but just keeping an eye. Imagine my surprise when I saw this.
    Thanks for doing all this work. Do you have a plain zip file link rather than the spam/spyware/malware exe?
    Quote from Muzz

Thanks for doing all this work. Do you have a plain zip file link rather than the spam/spyware/malware exe?

I thank you for all your work, too. But I do not want do start this setup.exe.

Don't do it, thats not the mod, the mod comes as allways inside a zip file. I thinck you downloaded the sendspace downloader. Any suggestion to host the files without being removed(mediafire likes to remove them)?

Blockmaster139: thanks for the feedback, the capsule shouldn't be suposed to spawn anything if empty, solved this, and the gui have been changes, i just discovered forge allow me to add new creative tabs, so for the next version i will remove the gui.

Anyone tested fighting vs mobs, or investigating dungeons?

PD: mirrored to mediafire here
    Last edited by Chocolatin: 2/10/2013 5:54:25 AM
    Any chance that this will become universal and usable on both SSP and SMP? Attempting to make a modpack which is usable on SMP but having one mod only work on SSP is a tad of a hindrance.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes