This thread was marked as Locked by citricsquid.

1.6.4 Forge SMP

Metallurgy - Putting the "Mine" back in "Minecraft"!

Quote from Killgore32

Found an issue when you install Metallurgy alongside Railcraft. Making Armor out of Railcraft Steel gets you a set of Desichalkos Armor. Not an ID conflict, but it looks like Steel and Desichalkos Ingots are equivalent as far as NEI is concerned, since they show up as interchangeable in the recipes.

Sorry to quote myself, but it does look like it was another item ID conflict, but It doesn't look like there should have been.
    Relevant sections in my configs:

Base

####################
    # item ids uses next 250
    ####################

"item ids uses next 250" {
    I:"Item Start IDs"=7100

Ender
    ####################
    # item ids uses next 50
    ####################

"item ids uses next 50" {
    I:"Desichalkos item ids"=7450
    I:"Eximite item ids"=7500
    I:"Meutoite item ids"=7550
    Unless my math is wrong, 7100 + 250 = 7350. Starting Ender at 7450 should be a full 100 IDs clear of base's steel. Railcraft's IDs are in the 13000 range so it isn't a conflict between RC's steel and Ender at all, but Base's steel. Setting the Ender metals clear to the 26000 range cleared the conflict.
    Are some portions of Metallurgy using more IDs than they say they are? Makes it difficult to map out ID ranges without conflicts if they are.
    Quote from Killgore32

Sorry to quote myself, but it does look like it was another item ID conflict, but It doesn't look like there should have been.
    Relevant sections in my configs:

Base

####################
    # item ids uses next 250
    ####################

"item ids uses next 250" {
    I:"Item Start IDs"=7100

Ender
    ####################
    # item ids uses next 50
    ####################

"item ids uses next 50" {
    I:"Desichalkos item ids"=7450
    I:"Eximite item ids"=7500
    I:"Meutoite item ids"=7550
    Unless my math is wrong, 7100 + 250 = 7350. Starting Ender at 7450 should be a full 100 IDs clear of base's steel. Railcraft's IDs are in the 13000 range so it isn't a conflict between RC's steel and Ender at all, but Base's steel. Setting the Ender metals clear to the 26000 range cleared the conflict.
    Are some portions of Metallurgy using more IDs than they say they are? Makes it difficult to map out ID ranges without conflicts if they are.

If you want to be sure there are no id conflicts, look in ForgeModLoader-client-0.log
    Quote from RebelKeith

If you want to be sure there are no id conflicts, look in ForgeModLoader-client-0.log
    That was how I caught the above error, but it still doesn't answer the question. How many IDs is Metallurgy actually using, because the number in the config file doesn't seem to be correct?
    Last edited by Killgore32: 1/1/2013 4:59:05 PM
    I'm not sure if this is a Metallurgy problem or Factorization problem, but when I store bars/dust from Metallurgy in Factorization barrels, there are no names, just the number of items whereas most other items I store in barrels will show me their names when I right click the barrel empty handed.

If anyone can point me in the right direction (if its a factorization problem) or a fix for this would be handy.

Thanks,

Anagran
    Quote from anagran

I'm not sure if this is a Metallurgy problem or Factorization problem, but when I store bars/dust from Metallurgy in Factorization barrels, there are no names, just the number of items whereas most other items I store in barrels will show me their names when I right click the barrel empty handed.

If anyone can point me in the right direction (if its a factorization problem) or a fix for this would be handy.

Thanks,

Anagran

It's most likely a factorization issue I believe.
    Hello, quick question that I hope doesn't go unnoticed. I am looking for a HD Vanilla like texture pack/addon that has the armor/swords of metallurgy. I only know of Sphax so far but although it is a nice style I simply want something a bit less cartoony so that I can just use it along side the vanilla block textures. (I realize it would look a little weird for some people but I just can't stand low res sword textures, some of the swords in the mod look really wonky because of the low res textures)
    Thanks to MazeXD for converting us to Bukkit!
    Designer/Artist on Metallurgy, Aquaculture, and Atum
    Follow me on Twitter for Updates and Streams: http://twitter.com/Shadowclaimer
    Is there a possibility of better armor textures?I mean the armor items look epicly awesome, but when you put them on...eeeeeh..meh.
    I was so excited about getting my awesome armor an looking like a hell lord, but then i realised that it is the vanilla armor , but re-colored...
    ---Thanks!
    Last edited by Karasu_13: 1/2/2013 10:09:58 AM
    (^-^) Ohai!
    Anyone else suddenly having issues with the Balkon's addon? Havent changed anything for them but they arent in my ids anymore even with the updated version of it installed

Also Shadow, if you like i might possibly make up some long weapon sheets if you were considering implementing it ever
    I was reading back a few hundred pages and I noticed their was bows in the works, what happened to those? Any addons/additional mods that adds more bows?
    Quote from mouse240

I was reading back a few hundred pages and I noticed their was bows in the works, what happened to those? Any addons/additional mods that adds more bows?

Bows are on the backburner for the time being, we're working on some other things at the moment with the core mod before we step back into them.
    Quote from RhinoKneel

Anyone else suddenly having issues with the Balkon's addon? Havent changed anything for them but they arent in my ids anymore even with the updated version of it installed

Also Shadow, if you like i might possibly make up some long weapon sheets if you were considering implementing it ever

How does he implement them exactly? Is it a sprite thing?
    Designer/Artist on Metallurgy, Aquaculture, and Atum
    Follow me on Twitter for Updates and Streams: http://twitter.com/Shadowclaimer
    is this compatible with extrabiomes xl?
    Work fine with ExtrabiomesXL
    Quote from NitroKitteh

Is there a possibility of better armor textures?I mean the armor items look epicly awesome, but when you put them on...eeeeeh..meh.
    I was so excited about getting my awesome armor an looking like a hell lord, but then i realised that it is the vanilla armor , but re-colored...
    ---Thanks!

If you look, the base metals have custom armor textures. It's a WIP. they'll be done eventually.
    zorr im new on this if i had a world created the ores will appear on my world o i need to create a new one?¿
    Quote from returnofgod

zorr im new on this if i had a world created the ores will appear on my world o i need to create a new one?¿

If the mod adds world generation, like this does, then you need to either make a new world or generate new chunks.
    that's a yes? :3
    Quote from returnofgod

yes - every new chunk generated will include the new ores, in the existing one there will be no change.
    Quote from returnofgod

Yes and no. If you want to experience new generated content that a mod or patch brings in, the easier choice is to abandon the world and go make a new one. If not, you can still explore and load new chunks which will then generate the new content.

So either explore unexplored areas in your current world for new things or make a new world.
    Just your friendly neighborhood otter.
    Getting a bug again.

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game

A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\Ross\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-01-03_00.15.57-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 686c071 --------
    Full report at:
    C:\Users\Ross\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-01-03_00.15.57-client.txt
    Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 03/01/13 00:15

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.4.6
    Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.7.0_07, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 554309112 bytes (528 MB) / 674234368 bytes (643 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP v7.25 FML v4.6.12.511 Minecraft Forge 6.5.0.471 32 mods loaded, 32 mods active
    mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_ReiMinimap [mod_ReiMinimap] ([1.4.6]ReiMinimap_v3.2_06.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ChickenChunks [ChickenChunks] (ChickenChunks 1.2.1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    IC2 [IndustrialCraft 2] (industrialcraft-2_1.112.170-lf.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    CompactSolars [Compact Solar Arrays] (compactsolars-universal-1.4.6-3.2.0.21.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    EnderStorage [EnderStorage] (EnderStorage 1.3.1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    factorization [Factorization] (Factorization-0.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    IronChest [Iron Chest] (ironchest-universal-1.4.6-4.5.1.203.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    MetallurgyCore [Metallurgy Core] (Metallurgy Core 2.4.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    MetallurgyBase [Metallurgy Base] (Metallurgy Base Metals 2.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    MetallurgyEnder [Metallurgy Ender] (Metallurgy Ender Metals 2.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    MetallurgyFantasy [Metallurgy Fantasy] (Metallurgy Fantasy Metals 2.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    MetallurgyNether [Metallurgy Nether] (Metallurgy Nether Metals 2.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    MetallurgyPrecious [Metallurgy Precious] (Metallurgy Precious Metals 2.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    MetallurgyUtility [Metallurgy Utility] (Metallurgy Utility Ores 2.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Mystcraft [Mystcraft] (mystcraft-uni-1.4.6-0.9.5.00.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    NEIPlugins [NEI Plugins] (NEIPlugins-1.0.4.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    RedPowerCore [RedPower] (RedPowerCore-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    RedPowerBase [RP Base] (RedPowerCore-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerMachine [RP Machine] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerCompat [RP Compat] (RedPowerCompat-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerWiring [RP Wiring] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerLogic [RP Logic] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerLighting [RP Lighting] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    RedPowerWorld [RP World] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerControl [RP Control] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    Thaumcraft [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft3.0.1c.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    XyCraft [XyCraft] (xycraft-universal-1.4.6-0.9.44.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 5450 GL version 4.2.11631 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Texture Pack: Default
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.eloraam.redpower.RedPowerControl.setupBlocks(RedPowerControl.java:117)
    at com.eloraam.redpower.RedPowerControl.load(RedPowerControl.java:50)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:478)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:656)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:207)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:456)
    at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:744)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 8f9cc963 ----------

Resident Thaumaturge cake-dragon at your service o:
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes