Forestry for Minecraft, Trees, Bees and more!

When i run a client and turn on a sever, i get a some errors. Is there a way to fix it?

Client

MC: 1.5.2
    Forge:7.8.1.738
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/extrabees.block.alveary.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/forestry/textures/blocks/wood/planks.giganteum.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/forestry/textures/items/misc/liquid.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/forestry/textures/items/analyzer/natural.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/forestry/textures/items/misc/empty.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/advGeneticMachine.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/geneticMachine.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/extrabees.block.alveary.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/forestry/textures/blocks/wood/planks.giganteum.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file textures/blocks/apiaristMachine.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/forestry/textures/items/misc/liquid.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/forestry/textures/items/crates/silver.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/forestry/textures/items/crates/royaljelly.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/forestry/textures/items/analyzer/natural.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.
    [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/forestry/textures/items/misc/empty.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

Server

mcpc-plus-1.5.2-R1.1-forge738-B598
    [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Could not retrieve Forestry item identified by: sawdust
    [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Couldn't find vanilla template - forestry.speciesFestive
    Last edited by StGorynych: 7/9/2013 3:19:40 PM
    Hey a couple things,
    I LOVE this mod and have been refusing to update minecraft until Forestry updates with it. Do you have an estimate on when that'd be..?
    Also I really like your wiki site... for the half of the information on the mod that exists. It'd be nice to have some more info about things on there. It's my main source for information and I can usually never find what I need. Im sure i speak for many, as I'm new to the forsetry/buildcraft scene.
    Again keep up the good work! Favorite mod to date. :steve_wink: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: Diamonds for you.
    A couple things. I'm very, very sorry if these are really stupid questions.

Question 1: In a new version of Forestry I, while flipping though the creative inventory in my test world, found: butterflies? Either I am very ignorant or these are new. I looked up what they do, and where to get them in survival, etc. But I could not find any info on them. It would be nice of someone to point me to where some info might be, but one thought I had is they are not fully implemented yet, and are not actually functional/obtainable.

Question 2: I was on the forestry wiki trying to figure out how to use multi-farms(I figured it out, that;s not part of the question), and under the farming section on the wiki, it said "Old farms pre2.0.0.0" (Sorry if I added an extra 0, I kind of forgot how many there were.) It said this page is obsolete. I loved the old farms, so I went into your change log to see anything about removing the old farms, but nothing. Nowhere I could find anything about removing it. Does the page just say obsolete because multi-farms are just so much better, and the old farms are obsolete or did you actually remove them? If so, :( because even though I vaguely know how to use the multi-farms they confuse me, and I personally like the old farms. If, in fact, you did remove them, I think you should add them back, not just because I personally like them, but because multi-farms are pretty expensive, and you need some kind of lower tier farm, as it would be a bit strange to go so long with out auto farms, and then jump right into a multi-farm. In my opinion, it would be like removing the apiary and because the alveary is better(obviously that's a little different, because you need bee products to make alvearies, but you know what I mean).

Well thanks for taking the time to read my long post(if you did), and old farms or no old farms, this is still my favorite mod. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by PlayerX2000: 7/9/2013 6:47:00 PM

Quote from Remrok

I put a butterfly in an escritoire and got back a bottle with the butterfly's stats on it, but I wasn't able to consume and memorize it like the output of the tree and bee process. Is there something more I can do with the bottle?

Dropping it on the ground, will 'hatch' the Butterfly. So for example, if you have a Speckled Wood bottle, that's the butterfly that will spawn from it. Useful for duplicating your Butterflies.

Another thing you may not know about Butterflies, is that when they land on a Tree Leaf block, sometimes they will pollinate that block.

As for caterpillars and bee larvae, I'm lost.
    Quote from FatBobTheSlob

So, butterflies have no use, currently, besides beautifying minecraft, y'all saying? I see. I'm just asking because in the changelog it says, that butterfly can polinate tree leaves. And I thought they needed some sort of apiary for butterflies.

Also there's larvae in NEI available, so breeding is somehow in.

I'm guessing they just pollinate when they land on the trees.

Also, I killed a butterfly and it dropped tree pollen.
    Is there an up to date beginner's guide for this mod for somebody who has never, ever, ever played the previous incarnations?

I saw some hand-holding stuff for BuildCraft that was pretty awesome but nothing for Forestry (everything looks old, from versions ago).

I installed this, BuildCraft, and RailCraft alongside the already heavy Ars Magica and Thaumcraft 3 and I am... at a complete loss for where to begin (with the "tech" mods - I'm good to go with AM and T3).

It's a bit overwhelming just thinking about this one mod.
    Quote from GraniteDevil

Is there an up to date beginner's guide for this mod for somebody who has never, ever, ever played the previous incarnations?

I saw some hand-holding stuff for BuildCraft that was pretty awesome but nothing for Forestry (everything looks old, from versions ago).

I installed this, BuildCraft, and RailCraft alongside the already heavy Ars Magica and Thaumcraft 3 and I am... at a complete loss for where to begin (with the "tech" mods - I'm good to go with AM and T3).

It's a bit overwhelming just thinking about this one mod.

For now, I'd just worry about gathering as many bees as you can, plus seeds and wood for the carpenter. It pretty much all depends on what version you're using.
    hey guys, i got a Q

how do i automatically refill a multi farm, because if i have the extra seeds leave, i dont know how to efficiantly refill the system, any help?

Thanks! if there are other mods that might help just tell me, i got quite a few
    Quote from Th3RadMan

hey guys, i got a Q

how do i automatically refill a multi-farm, because if i have the extra seeds leave, i don't know how to efficiently refill the system, any help?

Thanks! if there are other mods that might help just tell me, i got quite a few

With farm hatches, items go in the side and out the bottom. So make sure you have a feed pipe into the hatch for any supplies (fertilizer, dirt, etc). Buildcraft, RedPower, MineFactory Reloaded, and Applied Energistics all have item transport mechanisms to fulfill your needs. I use the last one with an export bus to feed supplies and an import bus to collect product. Excess seeds stay as data until you want to use them for something else like seed oil.

My current farm is for apple trees. Apples get squeezed into juice, wood gets fed into a seed oil carpenter for impregnated sticks, and saplings go into a fermenter-still-refinery process to make Buildcraft fuel. The last step requires the Liquid Fuels mod. Normally the juice boosts the ethanol output but since I have so much honey I decided to switch to that instead. So many bees including 5 alvearies so far and the materials to make many more. The limiting factor right now is wood of all things. Redwood or fir might just be the next farm.
    Quote from Yiazzy

For now, I'd just worry about gathering as many bees as you can, plus seeds and wood for the carpenter. It pretty much all depends on what version you're using.

Alright, cool. I'm using the latest versions of everything - I downloaded and installed just a couple of nights ago.

edit: you know, these mods are extremely frustrating for n00bs. Which I am. I just tried crafting an arboretum with the gold and the glass and the sturdy machine... and there's *nothing* showing up in the output on the crafting table. gold,glass,gold/glass,sturdyMachine,glass/gold,glass,gold >> *nothing* but all the videos I've seen show this recipe. :sigh: goddamnit.
    Last edited by GraniteDevil: 7/11/2013 6:35:33 PM
    The arboretum and other one block farm things are labeled in the wiki as "pre version 2.0.0..." because they aren't available any more. The wiki really could be more clear, but it isn't showing anything when you try to craft it because those were part of an older version of forestry. Now everything is done with the multi-farms.
    Quote from GraniteDevil

Alright, cool. I'm using the latest versions of everything - I downloaded and installed just a couple of nights ago.

edit: you know, these mods are extremely frustrating for n00bs. Which I am. I just tried crafting an arboretum with the gold and the glass and the sturdy machine... and there's *nothing* showing up in the output on the crafting table. gold,glass,gold/glass,sturdyMachine,glass/gold,glass,gold >> *nothing* but all the videos I've seen show this recipe. :sigh: goddamnit.

The latest version doesn't have the Arboretum anymore, so that's the problem there.
    A useful mod to install if you haven't already, is NEI. It lists every item available to you from the mods you have installed, including recipes on how to make them.
    Quote from Yiazzy

The latest version doesn't have the Arboretum anymore, so that's the problem there.
    A useful mod to install if you haven't already, is NEI. It lists every item available to you from the mods you have installed, including recipes on how to make them.

This. NEI is an absolutely necessity when you start getting a higher mod count. The acronym stands for Not Enough Items, it's one of ChickenBone's mods. There's also plugins and addons for it if you find that certain mod recipes are not showing up.

Also, I wanted to echo the current page's sentiment- the Forestry wiki desperately needs updating. Swathes of information on new features and mechanics are missing, and what is there is unclear in some cases (If I had a nickel for ever person I've seen asking about the arboretum and logger...). I don't want to sound entitled, but personally I would much prefer time be taken to document the mod's current functionality before more effort is expended adding new features.
    Quote from TehBaclava

This. NEI is an absolutely necessity when you start getting a higher mod count. The acronym stands for Not Enough Items, it's one of ChickenBone's mods. There's also plugins and addons for it if you find that certain mod recipes are not showing up.

Also, I wanted to echo the current page's sentiment- the Forestry wiki desperately needs updating. Swathes of information on new features and mechanics are missing, and what is there is unclear in some cases (If I had a nickel for ever person I've seen asking about the arboretum and logger...). I don't want to sound entitled, but personally I would much prefer time be taken to document the mod's current functionality before more effort is expended adding new features.

Seconded. Forestry is a brilliant, and very complex mod. I think newcomers are often intimidated by the high level of complexity along with little documentation, and thus don't get a true taste of what the mod is like at first. At this point I would say that updating the wiki should be first priority, not for myself but for people trying the mod for the first time. (Currently it really seems like alot of mods are relying on people like Direwolf20 to keep new players in the know, and this works, kind of.. But it simply isn't sufficient when mods become as popular and central to the community as Forestry is now.
    Quote from GraniteDevil

I've been meaning to write one, but I haven't been able to keep up to date with all the changes myself! I could write one for 2.0.0.0, but a lot has changed since then.

Perhaps it calls for a modular documentation solution, so that I can put components of the guide up, even while other components are marked as "coming-soon" or "out-of-date". Hmmm... that might be doable.
    Is it at all possible to get Forestry for a 1.6.2 server? I would prefer not use a modpack that includes it, but just Forestry
    Quote from PlayerX2000

A couple things. I'm very, very sorry if these are really stupid questions.

Question 1: In a new version of Forestry I, while flipping though the creative inventory in my test world, found: butterflies? Either I am very ignorant or these are new. I looked up what they do, and where to get them in survival, etc. But I could not find any info on them. It would be nice of someone to point me to where some info might be, but one thought I had is they are not fully implemented yet, and are not actually functional/obtainable.

Question 2: I was on the forestry wiki trying to figure out how to use multi-farms(I figured it out, that;s not part of the question), and under the farming section on the wiki, it said "Old farms pre2.0.0.0" (Sorry if I added an extra 0, I kind of forgot how many there were.) It said this page is obsolete. I loved the old farms, so I went into your change log to see anything about removing the old farms, but nothing. Nowhere I could find anything about removing it. Does the page just say obsolete because multi-farms are just so much better, and the old farms are obsolete or did you actually remove them? If so, :( because even though I vaguely know how to use the multi-farms they confuse me, and I personally like the old farms. If, in fact, you did remove them, I think you should add them back, not just because I personally like them, but because multi-farms are pretty expensive, and you need some kind of lower tier farm, as it would be a bit strange to go so long with out auto farms, and then jump right into a multi-farm. In my opinion, it would be like removing the apiary and because the alveary is better(obviously that's a little different, because you need bee products to make alvearies, but you know what I mean).

Well thanks for taking the time to read my long post(if you did), and old farms or no old farms, this is still my favorite mod. Keep up the good work!

*sigh* People ignored my post as usual. Well from experimenting around, there seems to be no single-block farms in the current version of Forestry(still haven't figured out the butterfly question), and I think you should re-add them for reasons mentioned in the quoted post. I kind of think it is kind of dumb not to have them, and to skip right to multi-farms. If you don't want to re-add them, I would at least like to know why you thought it fit to remove them. At that point I am merely curious of your thought process.

I did answer part of your question when I replied earlier, though it was mostly in answer to GraniteDevil. He removed the old one block farms. Multi-farms aren't that expensive. I just started a new world a bit ago and already have the resources to start building one.

As for butterflies, they are obtainable but not yet breedable. Right click with a scoop to capture them. They do help pollinate trees, but don't do much else yet. I think he has plans? for them, but don't follow closely on twitter/IRC/wherever.
    Hey community,
    I own a FeedTheBeast server which runs on MCPC+.
    The server has been crashing for a few times now.

Well.. after this message in the log the server stops itself.

2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: forestry/apiculture/worldgen/WorldGenHiveJungle
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at forestry.plugins.PluginForestryApiculture.generateSurface(PluginForestryApiculture.java:614)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at forestry.core.WorldGenerator.generate(WorldGenerator.java:70)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:128)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at im.a(ChunkProviderServer.java:388)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at zz.a(Chunk.java:1322)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:65)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:15)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.util.AsynchronousExecutor$Task.finish(AsynchronousExecutor.java:179)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.util.AsynchronousExecutor.finishActive(AsynchronousExecutor.java:287)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.tick(ChunkIOExecutor.java:26)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:796)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:309)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:746)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:633)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at fy.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: forestry.apiculture.worldgen.WorldGenHiveJungle
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:218)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] ... 15 more
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:207)
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] ... 17 more
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception NoClassDefFoundError
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: forestry/apiculture/worldgen/WorldGenHiveJungle
    at forestry.plugins.PluginForestryApiculture.generateSurface(PluginForestryApiculture.java:614)
    at forestry.core.WorldGenerator.generate(WorldGenerator.java:70)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:128)
    at im.a(ChunkProviderServer.java:388)
    at zz.a(Chunk.java:1322)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:65)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:15)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.util.AsynchronousExecutor$Task.finish(AsynchronousExecutor.java:179)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.util.AsynchronousExecutor.finishActive(AsynchronousExecutor.java:287)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.tick(ChunkIOExecutor.java:26)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:796)
    at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:309)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:746)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:633)
    at fy.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: forestry.apiculture.worldgen.WorldGenHiveJungle
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:218)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 15 more
    Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:207)
    ... 17 more
    2013-07-13 02:38:14 [INFO] Stopping server

I think it happens, when someone is walking into a not yet generated area, which need this class to generate the biome etc. and then it crashes.
    Sorry for my bad english, I'm german

Thanks in advance guys! I'm hoping that you can help me out, because the resets and crashes are nerving my players.
    Quote from GrammieFi

I did answer part of your question when I replied earlier, though it was mostly in answer to GraniteDevil. He removed the old one block farms. Multi-farms aren't that expensive. I just started a new world a bit ago and already have the resources to start building one.

As for butterflies, they are obtainable but not yet breedable. Right click with a scoop to capture them. They do help pollinate trees, but don't do much else yet. I think he has plans? for them, but don't follow closely on twitter/IRC/wherever.

Oh whoops, didn't see your post earlier. Usually when looking for replies I look for the quotes. But as I said, I found out by myself that one block farms were removed, and I was just telling Sengir I think he should re-add them, and asking him why did you remove them. But thanks for clearing up the butterflies.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes