Forestry for Minecraft, Trees, Bees and more!

Quote from Creeper_huger

though i do understand why its a disappointment that this mod is not in technic because its quick and easy to insttail alot of mods at once with and this mod when so well with it as it added nature to a more modern type of game play i understand but its a litle silly if you just read this hole thing thank you i don't care how much hate you give me this is my opinion

If you're complaining that Technic doesn't have Forestry, go complain to the people who made Technic. They tried to use Forestry without permission and then tried to "ask" for permission AFTER already taking the mod. Simple as that.

And as far as I can gather, it does not seem terribly difficult to manually add Forestry to a Technic modded game on your own. If you really like the mod that much, you can go through just a little effort to add this one mod.

EDIT: I'm having problems with my bee breeding. Nearly every time I breed Modest bees with Meadows bees and analyze them in the beealyzer, when I place them in my inventory they go to saving chunks crash and I lose the bees in question. It's getting pretty frustrating in regards to trying to learn about the bees and making the hybrids when I keep crashing and losing them.

I am in 1.4.6.2. Is anyone else having a problem with inexplicable saving chunks crashes after combining different bee types (specifically meadows and modest bees) and subsequently losing the new bees either after they are bred in an apiary or after analyzing them in a beealyzer?
    Last edited by Pelirow: 6/19/2012 9:03:10 PM
    What would be cool is if you added animal farms to forestry.
    Last edited by TheYoHanSolo: 6/19/2012 11:00:58 PM
    Need help with bee breeding in forestry? If so check this out:http://www.minecraft...irs-permission/+ a WIP Extra bees guide too. I also have a Thaumcraft WIP guide! Come chech it out! http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2054673-thaumcraft-4-guideazanor-approvedfirst-update/
    Quote from harley9699

I was reading somewhere about invisible recipes. I tried the Beta with the latest forge and found no recipes, not even the Thermionic Fabricator (realizing the others are Carpenter recipes). Ideas? Thanks.

Edit: Has nothing to do with nei since I don't use nei. :)

All recipe mods will have to update.
    Quote from SirSengir

All recipe mods will have to update.

So are they there and I just can't see them? I can build them by using the wiki? Or no? Thanks.

Quote from harley9699

So are they there and I just can't see them? I can build them by using the wiki? Or no? Thanks.

All recipes are there.

EDIT: You can't "see" recipes in vanilla Minecraft anyway, so I am assuming you are using some kind of recipe mod. Those cannot handle the new ore dictionary yet and will all need to update.
    Last edited by SirSengir: 6/20/2012 3:19:08 AM
    Quote from SirSengir

All recipes are there.

EDIT: You can't "see" recipes in vanilla Minecraft anyway, so I am assuming you are using some kind of recipe mod. Those cannot handle the new ore dictionary yet and will all need to update.

Excellent! Will try them out. Yes, I use CraftGuide 1.4.4.

Congratulations:

Bee breeding has replaced the Q-block as my favorite Minecraft "c'mon baby, gimme something good!" emotion inducer. :P

Still doing trial and error so it's a bit of a crapshoot for me. In the event I get stumped, does anyone know which thread on the Buildcraft forums dedicated to Forestry bees will give me hints but not spoilers? I've been avoiding looking for helpful hints over there for fear of seeing something that's more than hints.
    Quote from Pelirow

Congratulations:

Bee breeding has replaced the Q-block as my favorite Minecraft "c'mon baby, gimme something good!" emotion inducer. :P

Still doing trial and error so it's a bit of a crapshoot for me. In the event I get stumped, does anyone know which thread on the Buildcraft forums dedicated to Forestry bees will give me hints but not spoilers? I've been avoiding looking for helpful hints over there for fear of seeing something that's more than hints.

You can breed a trait in (like nocturnal) and then breed back until the hybrid is gone. I.E. Modest to Meadows to get nocturnal, then breed back Meadows until you have nocturnal Meadows. Likewise, Fast worker trait, etc. You wind up with super basic bees that will give you very good advanced bees. My Meadows are nocturnal, fast workers, with fertility 4, and double production.
    Sengir, wir müssen reden........
    hast du skype oder benutzt du teamspeak?
    It's a shame this isn't in Tekkit.
    Last edited by DragonFire115: 6/20/2012 4:19:02 PM
    You didn't think it was just for postcards from the sea, right?

Quote from DragonFire115

If I wanted to, how could I add this to Tekkit?

That's a question for the Tekkit forums. I don't know if you noticed, but there's some bad blood between the the two parties.

I'm a nice guy, though, so I'll point you here:
    http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/tekkit-3-help-adding-forestry.9513/#post-74144
    Quote from SirSengir

More of them there teasers. Wanting so badly to add that to my new shiny server.
    Just FYI: Upon first load----it (Beta) takes out all placed Additional Buildcraft Objects. Main cost to replace is obviously all of the pistons for the waterproof balance pipes. (then redstone for Insertion pipes). Remapping of the tin or something I'm only guessing.
    DO like the new Beeswax uses---although am unclear right now what they're all for. Interesting. Sorry, think those came from denoflions. Now to the bigger, thermionic build (sans mail---------hell, might even build the mail stuff just to look at it)

Oh yeah, got my adventure bp figured out a while back as well. [just because someone has nine degrees doesn't mean they can code] :)

Edit: Uh oh---right clicking Api pipes crashes to saving chunks.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.core.BuildCraftContainer.<init>(Lio;)V
    at buildcraft.forestry.CraftingPropolisPipe.<init>(CraftingPropolisPipe.
    java:25)
    at buildcraft.forestry.GuiPropolisPipe.<init>(GuiPropolisPipe.java:130)
    at buildcraft.forestry.GuiHandler.getGuiElement(GuiHandler.java:29)
    at forestry.core.GuiHandlerBase.getGuiElement(GuiHandlerBase.java:41)
    at forestry.core.GuiHandler.getGuiElement(GuiHandler.java:20)
    at yw.openGui(EntityPlayer.java:1940)
    at buildcraft.forestry.PipeLogicPropolis.blockActivated(PipeLogicPropoli
    s.java:79)
    at buildcraft.transport.Pipe.blockActivated(Pipe.java:129)
    at buildcraft.transport.BlockGenericPipe.b(BlockGenericPipe.java:408)
    at aes.a(PlayerControllerSP.java:213)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.c(Minecraft.java:1357)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(Minecraft.java:1800)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:822)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:750)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2012-06-20 18:24:17 [SEVERE] A critical error has occurred.
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.core.BuildCraftContainer.<init>(Lio;)V
    at buildcraft.forestry.CraftingPropolisPipe.<init>(CraftingPropolisPipe.
    java:25)
    at buildcraft.forestry.GuiPropolisPipe.<init>(GuiPropolisPipe.java:130)
    at buildcraft.forestry.GuiHandler.getGuiElement(GuiHandler.java:29)
    at forestry.core.GuiHandlerBase.getGuiElement(GuiHandlerBase.java:41)
    at forestry.core.GuiHandler.getGuiElement(GuiHandler.java:20)
    at yw.openGui(EntityPlayer.java:1940)
    at buildcraft.forestry.PipeLogicPropolis.blockActivated(PipeLogicPropoli
    s.java:79)
    at buildcraft.transport.Pipe.blockActivated(Pipe.java:129)
    at buildcraft.transport.BlockGenericPipe.b(BlockGenericPipe.java:408)
    at aes.a(PlayerControllerSP.java:213)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.c(Minecraft.java:1357)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(Minecraft.java:1800)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:822)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:750)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Last edited by harley9699: 6/20/2012 6:50:59 PM

Quote from SirSengir

*gasps*
    *dies*
    Nice mod! I kinda flinch everytime I'm near bees now..
    Last edited by Ghost_Hacker: 6/20/2012 9:53:28 PM
    Quote from mkiger

You can breed a trait in (like nocturnal) and then breed back until the hybrid is gone. I.E. Modest to Meadows to get nocturnal, then breed back Meadows until you have nocturnal Meadows. Likewise, Fast worker trait, etc. You wind up with super basic bees that will give you very good advanced bees. My Meadows are nocturnal, fast workers, with fertility 4, and double production.

Gotcha, thanks. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the acquired trait to "stick" to bees, but I guess that's just part of the genetics aspect. I made some nocturnal meadow queens but their offspring weren't all nocturnal meadows so I'm still learning now to make nocturnal meadows. Thanks for the tidbit, that was just enough of a hint without spoiling anything that I have a better idea now of what to try out.

Quote from florastar

*gasps*
    *dies*

Mmm, I'm missing something- care to explain what has you in a tizzy over that picture?
    Last edited by Pelirow: 6/20/2012 9:52:26 PM
    How was the tekkit incompatibility programmed? I'm not a coder, and that sounds as cool as heck.
    Please delete this.
    Last edited by harley9699: 6/21/2012 4:35:59 PM

Quote from Pelirow

Gotcha, thanks. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the acquired trait to "stick" to bees, but I guess that's just part of the genetics aspect. I made some nocturnal meadow queens but their offspring weren't all nocturnal meadows so I'm still learning now to make nocturnal meadows. Thanks for the tidbit, that was just enough of a hint without spoiling anything that I have a better idea now of what to try out.

You really have to use the Bee Analyzer and check all the tabs. I set up a disposal chest with a Void pipe and chuck all the offspring that don't have the trait I am currently looking for. Just keep breeding until you get the trait both dominant and recesssive. At that point you should be able to breed true and then focus on the next trait. I wasted a lot of time before getting a handle on that. You can breed out temperature, humidity, and effects such as poison that way.

One further tip, keep the lifespans short, you get a faster turnover for your mutations. You can breed that up when you start on the advanced bees. Multiple hives help as well.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes