Forestry for Minecraft, Trees, Bees and more!

Quote from Withersting

Oh well, there must be something wrong with my client then, because no queens are dropping from hives...

Hmmm...

Meanwhile, I'll just give myself the bee with NEI when i find a beehive...

Just tested it again just to be on the safe side on 1.4.0.1 with Forge 1.4.0.51 and it works. So you might want to check/rebuild your jar.

Also generated a few worlds and had a look. Hive generation seems ok, though I noticed on some worlds that meadows hives sometimes seemed really far and few in between. All others were possibly even too common.
    Quote from buizerd

if i may, i have 2 small questions.

it is my idea to crate up my collected cobble, dirt and sand using the carpenter.

i have made a mockup in creative mode and ironed out several problems already.

i have 2 questions concerning this.
    how do i get out the crated products and empty crates i produce without emptying the whole machine again? would the carpenter act as an inventory with logistics pipes? or is there an other system possible to evacuate the product from it?

iirc it was also mentioned that uncrating inside the carpenter gave back the crates, or am i mistaken?

Logic pipes are not updated for BuildCraft 3.1.4pre >.
    I´am The Queen :3
    I am trying for the first time the Biomass/biofuel components (playing with Tekkit 2.1.0|1.1) and having trouble with the plantballs/compressed plantballs. It is said on the wiki and somewhere here on the forum that it should work since the last update... I don't know if the last update is applied to Tekkit or not, but when I put plantballs manually in the fermenter, it does not work (using steam engine). When I use pipe to input, it does not even accept the plantballs.

I really tried everything and it worked fine when simply using wheat or cactus... I know I could use the IC2 way to make biocell... but I really wanted to use forester (more convenient and fun=P).

What am I doing wrong? or is it Tekkit not using the last update of Forestry?

ty
    Last edited by Cloj63: 3/14/2012 8:09:11 PM
    Is seed oil supposed to be accepted in the Fermenter through pipes? If so, it's not working. I've picked up and put down the fermenter, but nothing gets it in there.

Nevermind, my bad.
    Last edited by mkcompy: 3/15/2012 2:36:25 AM
    Quote from Cloj63

What am I doing wrong? or is it Tekkit not using the last update of Forestry?

As always easy: Don't use Tekkit.
    Quote from Dreamlash

Logic pipes are not updated for BuildCraft 3.1.4pre >.

sorry, i didn't mention that i'm still at 1.1
    I was toying with the Apiary yesterday, and I find great difficult make a system for a automatic Bee shorting (then for the great issue about don´t have RP that make this more difficult >.<).

In fact, you need doing by hand the analysis of each bee, if you wanna make a "stable" breed for find the best production.

As I understand, if the queen drops a princess and up to 3 drones, if you don´t was already mixing 2 species (sorry if the correct word). You will have a "stable" (?) production.

Question here is, even if you use a non-mixed specie, you can find mutations in the long way? (I suppose is yes) or you need exactly mix species for find a specific characteristics (best example is I wanna find the best production for honeydrops and wax for mass capsules production), like best life duration, speed and numbers of honeycombs produced at time.

Ive´ finding is totally hard make bees working with a rainy biome (withTMI I can off the rain but, the main idea is make it legit), so you need find a mutation with the "Tolerant flyer" for they can work in a rainy place, or find "Cave Dwelling" genetics for a under ceiling production... we need find a way to isolate this genetics and keep this characteristics for a continuous production.

Other question would be, if we wanna find a nice mutation is exposing the queens to a harsh environment?

Or put nearby stuff, so they get a custom food? (like make they "eat" cactus pollen and not flowers or just mixing desert breeds with meadows ones)

And the most important thing cause we are in Minecraft, we can automatize this system making a big "evolution machine"? so this machine can cultivate bees, analyze and mixing for at the last chests we can retrieve the new hybrids, mutants or whatever?

I find awful you can´t make a automatic beeanalyzer and not just by hand, this take a lot of time.

Sorry about the funny grammar, I doing my best from videogames english learning
    I'm kinda thinking we need to get "biome synthesizers" or something akin to it, where we can mimic (or maybe change) a biome (in a small area) so that I can have bees in a smaller area, instead of spread all over.
    Quote from mkcompy

I'm kinda thinking we need to get "biome synthesizers" or something akin to it, where we can mimic (or maybe change) a biome (in a small area) so that I can have bees in a smaller area, instead of spread all over.

I don´t thinks this is possible like in Terraria you can control the biomes, and that is the why you need make hybrids, for get for example, snowy bees, working in deserts. and is possible cause I make a hellish bee (found in nether) works in Meadows (hybridizing).

Edit: oh well if you make a automatic pipe system that send the resources to your base. but as you can read in my last post, you need a automatic system that keep your best production genetics.
    Last edited by Dreamlash: 3/15/2012 1:14:22 PM
    Quote from mkcompy

Have you tried IndustrialCraft terraformers?

"I'm not fair game. I'm not a soft target. It's over. There's a new sheriff in town. And he has an army of assassins."
    Quote from HeadHunter67

I need to ask, is possible create a biome inside other ? (I know about terraformers in IC2 but, the biome change really? for the bees can work?)
    Well, that's why I asked. There's only one way to find out, and only one of us that really wants to know. :P

"I'm not fair game. I'm not a soft target. It's over. There's a new sheriff in town. And he has an army of assassins."
    but anyways, IC2 is not updated to 1.2.3
    i have a trouble there no bees in my minecraft 1.1 i have download everything PLS REPLY
    Quote from Mdanial197

i have a trouble there no bees in my minecraft 1.1 i have download everything PLS REPLY

What version of Forestry do you have installed? (Actually give us your entire ModLoader.txt)
    This is a false positive.
    Quote from HeadHunter67

I'm fairly certain that IC's Terraformers don't actually change the biome, just the surrounding blocks.
    I've been searching in a jungle biome for a while and haven't found any tropical bee hives, are you sure they spawn, if so where?

P.S. can the wintry bees spawn in taigas?
    Quote from boomshroom1

I've been searching in a jungle biome for a while and haven't found any tropical bee hives, are you sure they spawn, if so where?

P.S. can the wintry bees spawn in taigas?

Look near the tops of the trees.
    Great mod, really enjoyed it, made a spotlight about it :) check it out and subscribe?

http://www.youtube.com/user/AshleysLetsPlay?feature=mhee
    Hey Sirsengir

I encountered a error.

I downloaded the Forestry client, and installed Forestry and Buildcraft from it, however everytime i launch minecraft. I get a black screen right after the Mojang Loading screen.

What could cause this?

Did Delete Meta-INF
    Last edited by soulix012: 3/16/2012 10:36:48 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes