and a Spawn Block which can only be spawned in with the item id of 207.
Thank you Yogscast for this amazing spotlight opportunity.
- This mob has a spawn rate of 2% (Rare).
- The Weeping Angel will freeze when seen (includes other angels [broken])(Within FOV (This FOV is locked to a specific value and does not change with minecraft options.. yet).
- When not seen will run towards the player; various movement the creature make will be based on if it is aggroed or not and the distance between the player and creature.
- When it is not day or the angel is in a cave with a light source, the angel will try to remove it to create darkness which enables the angel to attack and move towards the player even if the player is looking at the creature (Light level < 0).="" when="" the="" creature="" is="" looked="" at="" directly,="" the="" player="" will="" be="" de="" buffed="" which="" will="" last="" for="" a="" short="" period="" of="" time.="" this="" debuf="" will="" cause="" the="" player="" to="" walk="" slowly.="" (as="" if="" it="" has="" turned="" to="">
- A weeping angel has a 1 in 30 chance on hit of teleporting the player, when this happens on attack it will teleport the player in a 200 block radius; either above the ground or in a cave.
- They can be killed by using a iron pickaxe (Normal difficulty) or a diamond pickaxe (Hard difficulty).
You can adjust the spawnrate and turn off the chance on hit teleport in the Forge WeepingAngels Property file.
- Rare Drop from a Weeping Angel
- Can be placed as decorative items.
- Comes to life when powered by Redstone
- Only be spawned in ID 207.
- Same texture as stone to blend in to environments
- When powered by redstone, will spawn ONE Weeping Angel directly above the placed block.
(Only if there isn't already an angel within a TWO block radius of the spawn block)
- Spawns ONE Weeping Angel when used.
- Available from creative item menu.
If you do not know what a Weeping Angel is you should be ashamed of yourself.
This mod is the intelligent property of Anthony. G or "a_dizzle". This mod can not be distributed in any other way than through this thread. You don't have the permission to distribute this mod through 'mod packages', installers or plugins A multiplayer plugin is allowed as long as it requires you to download the unmodified single player mod to work. An installer can not host this mod, it must redirect the user to this thread. You can't modify or redistribute my mod without my written permission.
Append (Overrides Above): You are allowed to use this mod in a mod pack IF you do not monetise off it. Otherwise you can cut me in .
The Project it self is available on github (https://github.com/y...2/WeepingAngels) for other modders who wish to use its source in there own projects or who wish to support this mod by submitting and fixing bugs.
Bugs that are repeatable (I.e. Code issue, NOT your issue) should be submitted HERE as they are more likely to be read and fixed or added to the mod.
(Requires GitHub Account)
NOTE: Make sure you read the list of issues already submitted before submitting your own here or on GitHub.
1. Close Minecraft
2. Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows in C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods
3. Copy the XXXWeepingAngel.zip into \mods (NOTE: XXX is just MinecraftVersion-ModVersion. You do not have to rename the zip to match this. For example the 1.4.6 version of this mod would look like this 146-157WeepingAngel.zip in which you would copy this to the \mods folder. Remember you do not have to rename anything!)
4. Start Minecraft and have fun!
*Server installation is similar, just drop the zip into your server mods folder.
Anything prior to version 1.2.5
1. Close Minecraft.
2. Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows in C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin.
3. Open Minecraft.jar with a program such as WinRar or 7-zip.
4. Delete the META-INF folder
5. *SKIP if already installed* Drag the files from inside the Modloader .zip file into Minecraft.jar.
6. *SKIP if already installed* Drag the files from inside the AudioMod .zip file into Minecraft.jar.
7. Move the WeepingAngel.zip folder to .minecraft/mods/
8. Drag the files from inside the “resources” folder into .minecraft/resources.
9. Close Minecraft.jar and have fun!
Installation Video (OUT OF DATE)
The installation method has changed from this please read the "readme" contained in the zip file if you are unsure of what to do.
Version 1.1 - [9, OCT] - http://adf.ly/36mij
- Fixes Model movement issue
- Adjust spawn rates.
- Adds Stone like movement debuf when angel directly looked at to player.
- Changed teleport chance to 1/25
Version 1.2 - [10, OCT] - http://adf.ly/37zx3
- Fixed teleport issue when not near Weeping Angel
- Added new feature where when an angel is seen by an another angel it will freeze.
- Added feature that allows an angel to teleport inclemently to the player when greater than a certain distance.
- Changed movement speed to what it was in 1.0 (6F)
- Adjusted spawn rate again...
Version 1.3 - [12, OCT] - http://adf.ly/39xGd
- Adjusted spawn rate again... It should be much less often now.
- Adjusted Weeping Angel aggro range. From (100 to 64)
- Fixed Sounds for movement. That means there are new resources in the dl which you need to move to the minecraft resources folder!
- Fixed Slow debuf. You should only get it now when the weeping angel is not covering its eyes.
Version 1.4 - [16, OCT] - http://adf.ly/3EUJQ
- Adjusted spawn rate once more. Should be a bit more then 1.3.
- Adjusted Line Of Sight Detection. Now checks 6 points instead of 1.
- Added more sound triggers.
- The Teleport trigger is now chance on hit (1/30) instead of an angel spawning as a teleporter.
Version 1.5 - [11, DEC] - http://adf.ly/49swZ
- Added two new blocks (Statue, and spawn block (ID = 200)
- Spawn blocks must be spawned in, were entirely created for map makers.
- The Weeping Angel now has a 1/8 chance to drop a statue which can be placed as a decorative item.
Version 1.5.1 - [12, DEC] - http://adf.ly/4Agq3
- Bit of file clean up. Instead of having to open the jar you can now copy specified zip to .minecraft/mods/ folder.
- There are now properties to turn off Weeping Angels teleport and adjust the spawnrate.
- Spawn block id changed to 207
Version 1.5.2 - [17, DEC] - http://adf.ly/4GVJy
- Introduces Block/ItemID to properties. (This means you can change the block/itemId if you have conflicts)
- Check if pickaxe used to damage the angel can destory Obsidian/diamond ore depending on the game difficulty. (If other mod tools allow you to dig obsidian, this would be equivalent to using a diamond pickaxe on the angel.)
Version 1.5.3 - [28,DEC] - http://adf.ly/4Qtmf
- Fixed Properties bug, not changing item id's.
- You can switch off angels by setting spawnrate to 0.
- Angels should now appear without a Christmas hat. Textures for a jolly weeping angel are in the angels folder.
Version 1.5.4 - [22,APR] - http://adf.ly/7gw2Y
- Angels can now see through transparent blocks
- They will not teleport you if you are in creative mode.
- Added Spawn Eggs.
Version 1.5.5 - [17,DEC,12] - http://adf.ly/G3cQj
-Updated to forge
-Changed how statues worked. (They are much better now)
- Stone Gaze not working in this version.
Version 1.5.6 - [19,DEC,12] - http://adf.ly/G8ZnX
- Fixed Multiplayer
- Some sounds being played that were not playing are now playing
- Fixed statue not updating for other clients watching the statue block when it is updated.
- Changed Spawn Rate to 2.
- Added an option that allows you to change how many in a group they will spawn called "maxSpawn"
Version 1.5.7 - [26,DEC,12] - http://adf.ly/GUA8O
- Updated for 1.4.6, No changes
Version 1.5.8 - [12,JAN, 13] - http://adf.ly/HDbzD
- Updated to 1.4.7
- Teleportation fixed courtesy of TimoMeijer
Version 1.5.9 - [23,APR, 13] - http://adf.ly/NYjVe
- Updated to 1.5.1
- No Additional Changes
Version 1.5.10 - [22,MAY, 13] - http://adf.ly/PMkVX
- Updated to 1.5.2
- Fixed Teleport config (Does not teleport when set to 0)
- Fixed Custom Entity ID not working. (You can now change the Entity ID in configs)
If you like this mod and Doctor Who then you might be interested in the Doctor Who Client Mod being developed by the iKingsSGC Mod Division. It is essentially a new game built ontop of minecraft, and yes....it has its own version of the Weeping Angels.
This mod is awesome but I do have one suggestion. If I sleep in my bed where monsters can spawn, instead of being woken up by a zombie I would like to wake up and see a stone angel watching me sleep. That would be creepy. I love it. Make it happen.
Private Mod Note
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Whats better than wolves? Better Than Wolves
It's BETTER THAN WOLVES!!
Did I mention that there are no wolves?