* See Original Mod Request thread created by BigShinyToys (He also created the Original Models! )
-- Please stop by that Mod Request thread and give BigShinyToys and jordanske some +1 Love.
Cart ModNews:01-19 ] mc1.6.4 version in the works! Click Below ]
Yes! Cart Mod is being updated for Minecraft v1.6.4! Progress has already been made, there is already a new type of Cart. Go here to read the full announcement and see some new in-game screenshots. Also; find out who has joined the Cart Mod Team to bring this Classic Mod back to life!
Yes, Here it is! A New release of Cart Mod for Minecraft 1.2.5 on the Eve of the release of Minecraft v1.3.1. This is a peek at the features coming for Cart Mod v1.3, though there will be more than this coming before Minecraft v1.4.
Cart Mod v1.2.5 brings a few new features as well as a couple fixes of little issues found in the prior version. There are now Hand-Brakes, TNT Carts and Carts will now roll down hills. The Config file has been moved and fixed and Cart Mod is now 100% FML compatible!
All-in-all this is a good topping off of Cart Mod for Minecraft v1.2.5. Also! Cart Mod is now much more easily ReTextured! In fact, The default texture has now been fixed, so boards properly line-up, and the wheels have 3D Textures! There are also some new auto Cart animations now and a kick-stand.
* More updates will be made to this thread regarding this update, please check back for more info! - In the meantime: Toggle brakes: Have any Cart Gloves selected; [Shift][Right-Click] a Cart to toggle the brakes. Config file is in the 'CartMod' folder inside of the 'mods' folder which is itself inside the '.minecraft' folder.
07-11 ] FML is an open-source replacement for ModLoader. Cart Mod seems to work fine with it except for a key-binding bug that can cause a crash when you press the Dispenser Cart activation key (Default = x) in the Pre-Game SSP or SMP menus, including the World Gen menu. This does not happen in-game. A Bug-Report has been posted on FML's Github:
For now, if you need to use FML instead of ML, you can change the activation key in the Minecraft In-Game Options/Controls Menu to a key that you won't use in World Gen or the other pre-game menus. This should allow you to do what you need without a crash until the problem is completely fixed.
Per a Report from tootgod; The Clay Soldiers, from the Clay Soldiers Mod, can not only pull a Cart for you but you can guide their movement with a fishing pole! Try this while sitting in the Cart the Clay Soldier is pulling and let us know how it works. A video of this would be great!
05-22 ] Berserkenstein has discovered that it is possible to use Cart Mod's new Capture Net to place a Turret from Turret Modinto a Cart from Cart Mod and use it! The turret, which is normally stationary, continues to work fine while being pulled in the Cart, still auto-tracking monsters and blasting them while the puller wonders around in the night.
This was completely unexpected by us. I wonder how many other things of this sort can be hoisted into the Carts with the Net?
Berserkenstein has even provided us with Video proof of his discovery!
- This Video is in our Video Section, or you can go straight to the youtube page. Enjoy!
The Famous GameChap and Bertie have honored Cart Mod with a 4th CM Video. This one demonstrates the new Dangerous Sport of Ghast-Carting!
Yes, starting in CM v1.2 it is possible to harness a Cart to a Ghast (to it's legs? ) even while riding in the Cart and to be carried with the Cart up into the sky! You can jump off the Cart at any time or unharness the Ghast and drop with the Cart to wherever you've ended up. You can often look out the back of the Ghast and see the terrain below that you are passing over.
I sent GameChap some secret insider info regarding this feature as no one had reported finding this easter-egg yet.
- This Video is in our Video Section, or you can go straight to the youtube page. Enjoy!
05-15 ] MineHardGamers have made an Add-on Intro/Tutorial Video for Cart Mod's newest v1.2.1 features!
- This Video is in our Video Section, or you can go straight to the youtube page. Enjoy!
The Famous GameChap and Bertie have made another wonderfully Entertaining video using Cart Mod! This time with the newest version 1.2.1.
- This video asks the question: What happens if you trap Ocelot/cats into two Carts that are harnessed to Creepers? Why, you get a jolly good Race is what you get!
Cart Mod v1.2.1 has been released! This is a bug-fix version. See Change-log for more info.
A short Poll has been added to this thread. Please let us know what you think.
This Cart Mod OP (Original Post) has been tweaked a bit, along with the Change-log and Crafting Recipe sections having been moved to this Thread's Second OP post beneath this one. All original Anchor Links to those sections still work like before, including the links in the Main Directory below.
Cart Mod gives you the ability to have pull-carts that you can place either a Chest, Workbench, Furnace or Dispenser into then pull (and even push) with you wherever you go, without tracks, and use them even while pulling them!
You can even harness your Carts to other Entities like animals and more! And Now you can even capture various creatures, even Villagers, with a net and put them into your Cart to transport wherever you wish. Not only that, but now you can get into your Cart yourself!
Harness an empty Cart to an animal or whatever you can then Jump In and let it take you for a ride! You can even jump in first then harness whatever comes close enough.
Here is an in-depth Video for Cart Mod in Spanish! by M919M / MMH9198:47 ]
Here is 'Laser Chariots of Glory' by the Famous GameChap and Bertie2:15]
- Shows the Laser Turrets from Turret Mod being used in our Carts!
- They lead a battle between dogs pulling Laser Carts and an army of Creepers.
Here is Great Tutorial on How to go Ghast-Carting in the sky for Fun and Profitand how to setup a Self-Running Creeper-Cart. by Dragonskilzz / JonasBondful5:56 ]
Here is a long Walk-Through of Cart Mod by Dragonskilzz / JonasBondful9:10 ]
- He also shows a Villager being "Captured" into a Cart and being pulled around.
Here is a Demo of a Turret from Turret Mod working in a Cart! by Berserkenstein / Youtube:31 ]
- A completely unexpected bit of Mod to Mod Compatibility.
- He used the new Capture Net to get the Turret into the Cart.
Here is a Demonstration of Ghast-Carting with Cart Mod by the Famous GameChap and Bertie2:14]
- The Popular new Dangerous Sport!
After crafting a Cart, using the Crafting Recipe chart, you can then further customize a Cart into a Storage, Crafting, Smelting or Dispensing Cart. This is not a crafting recipe but is instead done in-game directly. Select a Chest, Workbench or Furnace in your inventory then [ Right-Click ] the Cart you wish to put it into; Done!
Now you can grab the pull-cart with your gloves selected, [ Right-Click ] Cart, and it will follow you everywhere it can (Time to start building double doors ), not into the nether though, at least not yet. You do not need to keep the gloves selected to keep pulling, you can select and use anything else at the same time you are pulling the Cart. Even access the Chest while pulling! (So long as you have unselected the gloves first)
It will go up and down hills or stairs with you and even into and out of water. To stop it following you just [Right-Click] the cart again with your gloves selected. When it is loose you can push it if you want, and so can mobs. (Actually, both you and mobs can still push/nudge the cart even while it's "connected" to you)
So long as your gloves are no longer selected you can open the chest even while pulling it and move items around or take them out or place them in it. This doubles your carry capacity while running around getting things done!
This is also a way by which you can keep all or a needed amount of your supplies mobile or transferable in ways that Minecart Chests never could. You could even set up cart-bays in your warehouse to store and organize them in, moving them at will whenever your needs change.
+ Now you can Harness Carts to other Entities, such as animals! Just [ Right-Click ] the creature while you have the Harness selected then [ Right-Click ] the desired near-by available Cart. The Harness won't work if the creature is too far away from the Cart. You can disconnect any Cart from a harnessed creature by just [ Right-Clicking ] the Cart with a Harness selected.
-- You can harness many carts to many farm animals and have them all follow you by holding wheat in your hand! You can move a LOT of stuff that way. You can also harness your pet dog to a Cart and it should follow you. [ Warning ] If a harnessed creature Teleports it will leave the Cart behind!
+ And now you can even capture a creature with a Capture Net and trap it in your empty Cart! Just [ Right-Click ], with the Capture Net selected, a creature you want to capture, then [ Right-Click ] the Cart you want it to be netted into (they must be close enough to each other). To release the creature just [ Right-Click ] the creature while the Capture Net is selected.
+ You can even get into and Ride in an Empty Cart yourself! Just make sure you don't have any Cart Mod Tools or Gloves selected then [ Right-Click ] on an empty Cart to jump in. [ Right-Click ] on the Cart again from the inside in order to jump back out. Yes, you can have other creatures harnessed to the Cart and pulling you while you are in it.
-- Warning ] All entities harnessed to, trapped in, or pulling a Cart will be freed or disconnected from those Carts every time you restart a World in Minecraft. This is something that Minecraft always does. * We are looking into a method of possibly reconnecting them again right after they disconnect at the start of game. No promises though.
Using Cart Mod with Zeppelin Mod and/or Cubic Chunks Mod: Click Below]
* I have found that these pull-carts work perfectly with the Zeppelin Mod! You can pull a bunch of filled pull-cart chests onto your Zeppelin and fly them to wherever you wish then unload them at your destination. No need to wait until you've finished building an expensive rail track out to timbiktu.
Cart mod + Zeppelin mod Pics]:
** Even more exciting yet is that it is also compatible with the Cubic Chunks Height Mod, and with Zeppelin Mod at the same time!
*+* The Installation section in this post now also includes Directions for Installing all three of these Mods together, including how to raise the Height limit in the Zeppelin Mod after the install.
Cart mod + Zeppelin mod + Cubic Chunks mod Pics]: See all 3 Mods rocking together. Check out the y levels.
* Warning: These carts can go up a level, even over fences, so be careful when loading them onto the surface of a Zeppelin, might be safer to store them inside of the Zeppelin.
Compatibility - Modders who make Mobs (Please Read)]
Modders who make Mobs about Compatibility with Cart Mod. ] - Please Read
* As of Cart Mod v1.2; we now use the 'onRightClick' method, making Cart Mod pretty much [ Right-Click ] compatible with everything.
** However; we have seen what appears to be some glitchiness in [ Right-Click ] compatibility with at least one other mod that was not compatible with earlier Cart Mod versions, though overall it does still work now. -- The newer version of that other mod which was modified per the instructions below to then become compatible with v1.1 of Cart Mod has shown to work smoothly with v1.2 and without any of that glitchiness.
So, if possible, it may still be good to follow the instructions below for maximum compatibility with both Cart Mod and other Mods that may [ Right-Click ] interact with your custom mobs. Thank you.
Your entities' interact() method must return false unless for specific items if it can be afforded. Else the Cart Mod Harness and other items, as well as those from other mods, will not work with your mobs.
- This discovery brought to you by the collaboration of Lil Avii (Simply Horses Mod) and Jordanske (Cart Mod)
Corefeatures of Cart Mod are fully compatible with any Mods that can coexist with Risugami's ModLoader.
* Only the 'Glue' Recipe could possibly overlap another mods Recipe. The other Recipes cannot overlap.
- Core features = ( Making of all Carts and Recipes + Player using the Carts )
+ All Cart Mod ItemIDs can be changed in its txt config file to insure compatibility (Thanks blakmajik!)
Starting with v1.2 of Cart Mod; Changes have been made which should make Cart Mod FULLY Compatible with virtually everything, even mods that prior versions of Cart Mod may have had [ Right-Click ] incompatibilities with. There might be some slight [ Right-Click ] glitchiness in some cases but overall it should work. - (Thanks RaustBlackDragon!)
1.1 and earlier]
Cart Mod Tools which interact with mobs (living.entities) can be incompatible with external Mod mobs.
* This would primarily be due to Right-Click conflicts. (Can be fixed with Info in Top spoiler message)
- Tools = ( Harness )
List of Mods Tested with Cart Mod ( As of Minecraft v1.2.5 + Cart Mod v1.1 ) Full = Full Compatibility Core = Only Core Compatibility ( See Core features above )
* Please let us know about your experiences with Cart Mod and other Mods compatibility.
Installation - Also for Installing Cart + Zeppelin + Cubic together! Click Below ]
Install Directions for the Cart Mod
1. Install Risugami's ModLoader first. This Tutorial will help you if you have never installed a Mod before. 2. Find your ".minecraft" folder per these instructions or others in the Tutorial sub-forum. 3. Find the "mods" folder directly inside of the ".minecraft" folder. If there isn't one then make one. 4. Download the newest Cart Mod. 5. Place the entire Downloaded "mod_Cart_v201x-xx-xx_MCxxx.zip" file directly into the "mods" folder. It is now Installed!
5b. If you wish, instead of putting the Cart .zip file into the "mods" folder, you can install it's contents just like you did with Modloader. Just be sure to install it after Modloader.*
5c. After Minecraft has been run once with Cart Mod installed there will now be a "mod_cartconfig.txt" file in the .minecraft/config folder. You can change the ItemIDs for all Cart Mod items inside of this text file for maximum compatibility. Just Double-Click on the file to open it.
Install and Prep Directions for Cart + Zeppelin + Cubic together!
1. Have a Cubic Chunks modified Minecraft per normal Install directions. Includes Installing ModLoader first. 2. Find your ".minecraft" folder per these instructions or others in the Tutorial sub-forum. 3. Find the "mods" folder directly inside of the ".minecraft" folder. If there isn't one then make one. 4. Download the newest Cart Mod. 5. Place the entire Downloaded "mod_Cart_v201x-xx-xx_MCbxxx.zip" file directly into the "mods" folder. It is now Installed! 6. Download the newest Zeppelin Mod, it must be at least v0.10. 7. Place the entire Downloaded "mod_Zeppelin-client-x.x.x.x.x.x.zip" file directly into the "mods" folder. 8. The Zeppelin Mod is now installed and working! But it will only go as high as y=128 right now. Do the next steps to raise it's height:
*** Current versions of the Zeppelin Mod now auto-detect the height of worlds and the below instructions are no longer needed for these newer versions.
9. Run the Minecraft Launcher and log in, then close it. This will have caused the "mod_Zeppelin.cfg" file to be created. 10. Find the "config" folder directly inside of the ".minecraft" folder. Then find the "mod_Zeppelin.cfg" file inside of the "config" folder. 11. Open the "mod_Zeppelin.cfg" file with any text editor, perhaps by dragging the file on top of the text editor icon or through an Open menu in the text editor. 12. Find the following line inside of the file: "zeppelin.y_limit=128". v0.10 has it at the very end of the file. 13. Change the "128" to "32752" or less. Or higher if the CC limit has gone higher than 64k when you read this. 14. Save the file like any normal text file, so long as it's name remains "mod_Zeppelin.cfg". 15. Done. You are now able to fly to the Top & the Bottom most limits of your Cubic World!
- First: Install a Modloader for the version of Minecraft you are using. REQUIRED] FML for CM 1.2.5 and Higher is recommended.
-- Second: Download then Drop the Cart Mod .zip into the ".minecraft/mods" folder made by ModLoader. Done!
** The Crafting Recipe Charts are included inside of the .zip files. You can also see them further below in this post.
* Warning! Keep any worlds with loaded Carts backed-up! Never enter them without an appropriate version of Cart Mod and it's dependencies properly installed. If you do, you will lose all Carts and their contents. You have been warned.-- Remember this before letting Minecraft change it's version.
To Do ListClick Below ]
Being worked on or considered for future versions (Not limited to these, nor are these promised):
* An Ender Chest Cart.
* Double long/wide carts for full chests or more than one block type. * Add Handbrakes to Carts, while brake is ON mobs and players can't nudge it around. Done (Cart v1.2.5) * Add Auto-Handbrake Mode to Config File. If ON would auto handbrake cart when you let go and unbrake when you grab it, jump into it or harness a mob to it. Done (Cart v1.2.5)
* Make Auto-Handbrake in-game Toggle-able per Cart? * Make Carts that aren't being pulled fall/move a ways when pushed down hill. Player can be in it. Done (Cart v1.2.5) * Can fill Cart with a TNT block and light it. Done (Cart v1.2.5)
* Make Loader; so can load and unload cargo from Cart without breaking anything, including full chests.
* Make Carts auto-reconnect to entities that Minecraft disconnects at world start-up. Config Option too.
* SMP Multi-player version.
* Make TNT activate when shot from Dispenser Cart. Changeable in Config.
* Be able to take cart and contents through portals when pulled by player (Addition to portals).
* Make Utility Carts, no handles, move very slowly but only take 1 block of space.
* Make Redstone connectable Utility Cart.
* Make Ice Cutter that can cut and move blocks of Ice onto a Cart, use Loader to unload and place it.
* Make Chest and Dispenser Carts act like Accumulators when loose items are dropped/thrown onto them.
* Connect more than one Cart together? Will make pulling them slower.
* A Jukebox pullcart.
* Make Boats with Cargo slots and space for carts, plus anchor.
* Cart with mobile light source (Optional addition)
* A mobile Cannon pullcart.
* Add Hay Block that can be put into Cart?
* More ideas talked about in the original Mod Request thread.
* Transport mobs in pullcart. Great way to get that Squid all the way to your Aquarium. Done (Cart v1.2) * User can get into cart then push. Done (Cart v1.2) * Make Harness to allow for Mob and Entity pulled carts. Done (Cart v1.1) * Make a Dispenser pullcart. Done (Cart v1.1pre) * Make Recipes more unique so they don't conflict with other mods. Done (Cart v1.1pre) * Make Cart speed different on different surfaces. Done (Cart v1.0) * Improve Cart following code. Done (Cart v1.0) * Make Carts not go over Fences or Fence-gates. Done (Cart v1.0) * Animate wheels, make wheels rotate. Done (Cart v1.0) * Change wheel colors to solid color and axle to solid dark color and make wheels rounder. Done (Cart v1.0) * Change wheel size so not floating anymore. Done (Cart v1.0) * Make Furnace Cart work. Done (Cart v1.0) * Configuration file to change item ID's. For compatibility. Done (vBeta mc1.1) * Wool gloves, so no fake-animals need to be killed for leather. Done (vBeta mc1.0.0)
I have had the idea of and greatly wanted to have a pullcart in Minecraft for a long time now. Unfortunately I didn't get around to doing anything about it other than mentioning it in threads here and there at random and occasionally tweeting notch or jeb about it, with no response. I just kept thinking about it in terms of it being added to Vanilla Minecraft, and I still VERY Much want that.
Thankfully BigShinyToys came along with the same fundamental idea that several of us have probably had, but he did something more useful about it! He not only put together a Mod Request thread for this wonderful idea, he even started it off with some inspiring 3D Models and textures for it.
I soon found it and helped with more ideas and with trying to recruit a coder to bring this long over-due vision alive. But in the end; The person who actually put out code for this found us!
jordanske jumped right on this once he was aware of it and had test code out almost right away. After a little struggling with the cart following code and figuring out how to get the Chest & Workbench working in a cart (Furnace is still being a pain) [As of v1.0 Smelting Carts now Work!] we now have a fully usable Mod! (Even if there could still be some little texture tweaks here & there) ]
The most important use for a pullcart, for me, has already been fulfilled in this mod. That being the capability of pulling a chest around. Every single other thing after that is pure Gravy so far as I'm concerned. But BigShinyToys & jordanske both have more ideas they would like to see completed, and I've managed to think of some too [I've thought of and detailed way way more Ideas now, the possibilities are vast!].
jordanske agrees with me though that there should always be a Basic version of this mod, similar to how it is now, that will always be available by itself in addition to some of the exotic versions that have been talked about. This will insure that there is always a more compatible fundamental pullcart mod available that can be used with hopefully no conflicts.
I am glad to be able to contribute to this worthy project in whatever way I can. Creating and developing this thread is one of those ways. Hopefully I did well enough so that those who do want what it has to offer will be able to find it and use it.
Added on 2012-01-09 ]
The name of this Mod as a whole has now been changed to "Cart Mod". There are still obviously Pull-carts in the mod, but this name change allows for the other kinds of "non-pullcart" Carts that we would like to also add in the future without creating inconsistency.
Is now fully FML (Forge ModLoader) 135+ compatible. No more crashes due to the key-bindings.
TNT Carts have been added. You can directly place a block of TNT into an empty Cart.
- The block of TNT in a Cart can be lit/ignited in the usual ways, it will blow up.
- After blowing up the Cart itself will be a floating item that can be recollected and used again, if gotten before it dissapears.
Hand-brakes added to Carts. When ON the cart will not move, neither will any Mob Harnessed to it. * However; The effect is local only. The Cart will still fly/move fine with a Zeppelin type craft while brakes are ON, but it will no longer roll around. - * Cart hand-brake settings are saved and remain when re-entering a world.
-To Toggle Brakes: Have any Cart Gloves selected; [Shift][Right-Click] a Cart to toggle the brakes.
- The Cart does Not need to be following you for you to be able to turn it's brakes On or OFF.
Handbrakes are animated. When OFF the brake handle sticks straight forward. When ON the handle pivots to stick up at an angle.
Auto-Handbrakes can be Enabled in the Cart Mod Config file. With this Enabled all new Carts will start with brakes ON. Auto-Brakes will Automatically turn OFF when a Cart follows you and turn back ON when it stops following you. They will also Turn OFF when a mob is first harnessed to a Cart, then turn back ON when it is unharnessed. This always keeps Carts where you leave them so they don't get pushed around.
- After you harness a mob and the brakes auto-turn OFF you can still manually turn them back ON whenever you wish.
The Cart Mod Config File has been moved:
- It is now at: ".minecraft/mods/CartMod/mod_cartconfig.txt"
- There is now only one config file, no duplicates. "mod_cartconfig.txt", just double-click it to open it.
- The 'Capture Net' Item can now have it's itemID number changed in the config file like the other IDs.
Carts now have Gravitywhen not being pulled. When not being pulled or not harnessed they will roll forward a little every time they go down a block. This can cause them to keep rolling down a hill all the way to the bottom.
- Carts even have Gravity when you are in them. You can ride them down hill.
- A TNT Cart can be ignited then pushed off a hill. It will fall a ways before blowing up.
* Cart Gravity can be disabled in the Cart Config file. They will then move like they did in earlier versions and not roll down hill.
The Cart Texture has been fixed so that the boards all line up properly now.
Carts now have an Auto Kick-Stand Animation built in. This does not affect the Cart functionality in any way, it just makes the Cart look more naturally balanced when not being pulled or harnessed.
- The Kick-Stand goes down when Cart is not being pulled or is not harnessed.
Carts now have an Auto Tail-Gate Animation built in. This does not affect the Cart functionality in any way, but it does better expose the contents of the Cart while they are being accessed.
- The Tail-Gate goes down (opens) whenever you access the item in a Cart (Right-Click it). It goes back up when you are no longer accessing the item.
Cart Wheel Model and Texture is now 3D. The four wheel holes now have inner edges.
The Wheel Axle now spins too.
- A Message about Cart Mod will now briefly pop-up the first time you make a Cart, and only the first time. Unless you change a certain value in the config file afterwards.
The Cart Texture file has been renamed to "PullcartTexture.png". It is still in the "Pullcartmod" folder within the mod .zip along with all of the Item pics.
- The Cart Texture elements have been rearranged to make it easier to understand which part is which.
- A Texture Template .png is included in the .zip file to help with retexturing.
- A picture of the Cart Model in default view position is included in the .zip file to help understand the template direction labels. The template considers the side facing you to be the Front] of the model and texture.
- An alternate Cart Texture is included in the .zip which will turn the Cart into a floating Metal box in appearance. It is the same Alt texture as included in prior versions but remapped onto the new Texture template. - Looking at this may assist you in understanding the template when you compare it to the Main one.
* More Info may be added later both here and in OP.
v1.2.1 Released for Minecraft 1.2.5 (2012-04-30)
- v1.2.1 is a bug-fix release. With 1.2 the game would crash if trying to use a Capture Net on a mob that is not allowed to be captured with this net. Now you get the originally intended message.
* BUG found in 1.2.1: Capture Net ItemID cannot be changed in Config
v1.2 Released for Minecraft 1.2.5 (2012-04-28)
- Capture Net item and Recipe added.
+ To Use Capture Net: To Capture an Entity - While Capture Net is selected; [ Right-Click ] on Entity, then [ Right-Click ] on the empty Cart near it that you want to trap it in. Done.
To Release an Entity - While Capture Net is selected; [ Right-Click ] on Entity, Done.
-- It should now be free of the Net and Cart, though sometimes they still stand in the same location as the Cart for a short time if they wish to, but their position should drop slightly.
- You can now get into and ride an empty Cart, or be pulled, and get back out at any time. You can even nudge the cart around chaotically while in it, so long as nothing is harnessed to it. So long as you do NOT have any Cart Tools or Gloves selected; just [ Right-Click ] on an empty Cart that is close enough and you will jump into it. The just [ Right-Click ] the Cart again, with NO Cart Tools or Gloves selected, while inside to get free of it.
- Harness Disconnect method has been changed: Now you just [ Right-Click ] on a Cart with a Harness selected, any mob harnessed to that Cart will be released.
- Some mobs cannot be captured with this Capture Net. This is on purpose.
- Some mobs can no longer be harnessed with the current harness, this is on purpose.
- There is now a Time Limit for harnessing or capturing a mob. If you don't connect the Harness or Net to suitable Cart within the time limit you will have to start again. The time limit length is reasonable.
- "[Cart Mod] " now Prefaces all in-game messages created by Cart Mod.
- The Cart Model has returned to it's original size. It again cannot squeeze through a single door. You will need to start building Double-doors for Cart-accessible facilities.
- Wheels on separate Carts spin independantly now.
- "Wood Glue" renamed to "Glue"
- Furnace Cart Fire particle effect has been changed.
- The in-code [ Right-Click ] method has been changed to 'onRightClick' to make it more compatible with other mods. (Thanks RaustBlackDragon!)
- The 2 Recipe Charts inside of the Cart Mod .zip file have been completely updated, now with actual mini Cart pictures!
-- Warning ] All entities harnessed to, trapped in, or pulling a Cart will be freed or disconnected from those Carts every time you restart a World in Minecraft. This is something that Minecraft always does. * We are looking into a method of possibly auto-reconnecting them again right after they disconnect at the start of game, a toggle-able feature in the config-file. No promises though.
- There are a couple of easter-eggs in this version. One of them is really fun and dangerous.
- Harness added. You can use the Harness to attach a Cart to any game 'Entity' that is near enough to the Cart. The attached Cart will then follow that Entity (Animal, Mob, NPC, Golem etc) with the same rules as when following the player. You can have many Carts, each one following a different Entity. * Should also work with Entities from other Mods.
* This is likely the only version of Cart Mod that will allow small Entities (Only 1 block sized like Chickens) to be Harnessed to a Cart.
Speed of movement will still be affected by the surface the Cart is on.
Cart will still auto-disconnect from Entity if it is stuck 5 or more blocks away from it, or if Entity Teleports away (like Enderman or Pet).
+ To Use Harness: To Attach Cart to an Entity - While Harness is selected; [ Right-Click ] on Entity, then [ Right-Click ] on the Cart near it that you want to attach it to. Done; you should see a message saying that the Cart is now following that Entity. If it doesn't attach then the Entity was too far away from the Cart. To Detach Cart from an Entity - Exactly same procedure as attaching; While Harness is selected; [ Right-Click ] on Entity, then [ Right-Click ] on the Cart attached to it. Done; you should now see a message saying that the Cart is no longer following that Entity.
++ One way to control the movement of an animal attached to a Cart is to hold Wheat in your hand (Have it selected) while near the animal that is pulling a Cart. It will then follow you and pull the Cart wherever you want. You can have many animals with Carts following you at the same time this way, moving MANY Chests, or other Cart types, at the same time (a Convoy or Caravan).
- Dispenser shooting has been improved. Arrows now shoot properly.
- Redstone Gloves will now pull Carts just like normal Gloves do, in addition to enabling the Dispenser Cart Activation keyboard key. You can use the Redstone Gloves for all your Cart usage all the time if you wish.
- Leather Glove Recipe has been added again for the normal Gloves item. It makes the exact same "Gloves" item as the Wool Glove recipe makes. The Wool recipe will remain as well. Use either recipe to get the same normal gloves.
* There is and will continue to be only the Wool Recipe for Redstone Gloves though. Only wool can absorb and concentrate the amount of Redstone dust needed to make them work.
- Glue Ampules can now be stacked to 64 instead of just 8.
- Glue can now be placed in Any open Recipe slot, not just the one shown on the Recipe Charts. Same for the Redstone in the Redstone Gloves Recipe.
- "Wool Gloves" Item has been renamed to just "Gloves". This item can now be made with either the Wool or Leather Recipe.
- A new Icon has been made for the Redstone Gloves.
- The 2 Recipe Charts inside of the Cart Mod .zip file have been completely updated.
- The 3 alternate Cart Textures made earlier and posted in this thread have now been added into the Mod .zip image folder. One removes the appearance of the Cart Wheels so that it looks like the Cart is floating, the second removes the appearance of both the Wheels and the Handles, and the third is just like the second image except it looks like Metal instead of wood (For High-Tech "Anti-Grav" game environments).
* Activate these alternate textures by renaming the image files in the Mod .zip.
- The "Wood Glue" Item will be renamed to just "Glue" in the next version as it isn't just for wood. It is also a general material treatment for toughening fabrics etc. The name change was just over-looked when the final compile was done for this version.
- The Download will be coming from MediaFire now instead of Dropbox. No Ad.fly though. This is to allow for more expected downloads without risk of my Dropbox account being frozen by too much usage. I use my Dropbox for other things too and can't afford to have it be frozen.
- Dispenser Cart added. Add items to Dispenser in Cart just like to a normal Dispenser. To activate the Dispenser the Cart must be "following" you, then change gloves to the Redstone Gloves. Now you may dispense as fast as you wish using the "X" key on your keyboard, even while running forward! Arrows and Fire Charges shoot fine.
* If you fire the Dispenser while pushing the Cart in the same direction it's shooting, you will blow up the Cart. We hope to fix this. Moving it in any other direction (side to side and away from what you are firing at) should be fine.
- The Dispenser Key can be changed from "X" to another key in Minecrafts Controls Menu just like any other control can be changed.
* Pressing the Firing button when RedStone Gloves are not selected might crash the game. This is being looked into. Button controls are through Modloader.
- 2 new Items added: Wood Glue (also used as wool treatment) and RedStone Gloves. Glue is required in every Cart Mod recipe now. This will keep Cart Mod recipes from clashing with other mods. RedStone Gloves are currently only used for activating Dispenser-Carts.
- "Board" Item is now called a "Panel". Recipe has also changed.
- New Recipes: All recipes require at least one Glue. The Panel and Glove Recipes have changed more than that.
- Glove and Wheel Icons and Texture have been changed a little, mostly just given a bit more depth.
- Temporary annoyance = Glue ampules can only be stacked to 8. This will be greatly increased in next version.
- 2 new Recipe Charts have been added inside of the mod .zip. A Wide and a Tall version.
v1.0 Released for Minecraft 1.1 (2012-01-19) On jordanske's 18th Birthday!
- Smelting Cart (Furnace) now Works. Always makes some smoke while smelting. By default also has flames, flames can be turned off in config file. - Wheels now Spin (forward and backward), they are Rounder, they touch the ground and have a new Model + Texture.
- Cart following is much smoother and closer now. It really looks like you are pulling it.
- If Cart gets stuck while following you and you get 5 or more spaces away it will disconnect "stop following you".
- Carts move at different speeds depending on the surface they are moving on. Example: They move very slowly on sand.
- Carts can now be gotten through single doors if you are careful.
- New Gloves and Wheel icons. The old icons are still in the .zip folder.
- Two new alternate EmptyCart icons have been included in the .zip folder.
+ Just change the filenames for the icons in the .zip folder in order to use the alternate or old icons.
++ Roads, paths and bridges will be of larger benefit to you now.
+++ The two Crafting Charts in the .zip have been updated with new icons and Instructions. Recipes haven't changed.
* ModLoader, mc1.1, is making two differently named config files in addition to the real one for some reason, just ignore those.
- New Config File in .minecraft/config folder (mod_cartconfig.txt) now allows you to change the ItemIDs of the items added to Minecraft by Cart Mod. This is to allow for even greater compatibility than this mod already had.
-- Thanks go to blakmajik for the well documented Block-ID Config code he donated to Cart Mod!
* ModLoader is making two differently named config files in addition to the real one for some reason, just ignore those.
- Gloves Recipe changed from 5 leather to 5 wool in the same shape.
- Testing Recipe for making leather out of planks has been removed.
- Gloves Icon has been changed slightly.
+ Includes these 2 updated Crafting Recipe .png charts inside of the mod .zip file, both have the exact same info for this version but are in a different shape for ease of use options. Square Chart ] Tall Chart ]
* This version creates a file named "mod_cartconfig.txt" in the ".minecraft/config" folder. It shows the ItemIDs of the new items created by this mod. Changing them in the file will currently have no effect. This will be fixed in the future, allowing you to change the ItemID's used by this Mod for even greater compatibility. -- Thanks go to blakmajik for the well documented Block-ID Config code he donated to Cart Mod!
** There is a vanilla MinecraftLighting bug in 1.0.0 that makes Workbench carts dark in low light regardless of the Brightness slider.
- There is another MC1.0.0 lighting bug that will sometimes make a random cart change brightness depending on where you are standing. Neither of these Vanilla Minecraft bugs affects the functionality of the carts.
++ The name of this Mod as a whole has now been changed to "Cart Mod". There are still obviously Pull-Carts in the mod, but this name change allows for the other kinds of "non-pullcart" Carts that we would like to also add in the future without creating inconsistency.
- First Public beta Release; in dedicated Mod release thread : http://www.minecraft...t/topic/591027-
- Released as "PullCart Mod"
- This build has an accidental dependency on Java 7.
- Only Mod Requirement is Risugami's ModLoader
- This Mod .zip can just be dropped into .minecraft/mods folder, or contents put into minecraft.jar after ModLoader installed.
- Smoke exhaust effect removed from PullCarts. Smoke had been added in the final Alpha version.
Storage Cart = Functional (Chest)
Crafting Cart = Functional (Workbench)
Smelting Cart = Can be made but does not yet function. (Furnace)
* A Tall Crafting Chart has been included inside of the mod's downloaded .zip file.
** This Mod does not change any of the original classes in Minecraft, allowing for almost certain compatibility with other mods.
+ Original Message Posted by MineCrak with this First beta release + Click Below]
** This Mod is still beta, jordanske has more he wants to do with it and does not consider it released yet, so please don't judge it as truly complete yet, even if it is very functional. * I am the one who pushed to have a 1.7.3 release at this point in it's beta dev since he won't be making another update until v1.8 comes out. So please blame me and not jordanske for any 1.7.3 problems. - I know that there will be people who will want to use this now, and even after 1.8 they will want to have pullcarts available for the worlds that they will keep in 1.7.3 . I feel it is worth having it as it is now than not at all. And really, it just works. You can tweak the textures anyway you want for yourself if needed.
Alpha Concept Releases1.7.3 ]
Initial Concepts, Models and test conceptual releases occurred in following Mod Request thread:
That first Request thread was started on 2011-05-25 by BigShinyToys. MineCrak found thread and started participating in Project on 2011-06-13. jordanske first posted in thread and started helping with Project on 2011-08-02.
v1.1 Recipes:Click Below]
v1.1pre Recipes:Click Below]
v1.0 Recipes:Click Below]
beta version Recipes:Click Below]
* Crafting Recipes for the 2011 versions of PullCart Mod. Click below ]
Click below for Original Text Recipes by jordanske:
#. # .#=leather
some other recipes that will be removed later:
for leather: (Recipe Corrected by MineCrak)
Here is, or will be, a list of downloadable Alternate Textures & Item pics for the Cart Mod. Mostly community made.
[ * Old Section inside - Disregard for now - Textures are being completely redone * ]
The Texture & Item Pics for the PullCart Mod are all inside of the "Pullcartmod" Folder directly inside of the original downloaded Mod .zip file. Just replace the .png files inside of that folder, the copy of the folder you are using, with the ones you download from below. The filenames must remain exactly the same, including capitalization.
Instructions for posting Alternate Textures & pics & Requirements if you want them in this post: (Click Below)
We would love to see your Textures & Item Pics for the PullCart Mod!
Here are some useful links to help you get started:
Paint.NET = This is a great Free Windows program that can handle the required .png transparency feature. GIMP = A Free Multi-platform tool that also works great. [Click the "Show other downloads" Link under the Manual links to see the Mac & Linux Downloads] Before you start = A tutorial in this forum, which also links to more in depth ones, for a beginning texture artist.
+ At this time I cannot help with explaining the structure of the Main PullCart Texture, I will when I can. For now you can edit it and test it in-game to see the effect. The Item pictures are very straightforward though.
* If you would like for your PullCart Mod Texture Pack to be shown & linked in this Texture OP post then please Read and Do the following:
Download the Default 16x ] Texture pack for the PullCart Mod version range you are targeting and look at how the file is Named and how it is Arranged inside. * We will need your pack to look the same, except you don't need to include the Internet link files in the root - those are only included for your benefit and use. The names and capitalization of the files inside of the "Pullcartmod" folder must remain exactly the same as they are found in the versions of PullCart Mod that you are targeting, otherwise the Mod will not be able to find them.
You do not have to replace every .png with a custom one, just replace the ones that you wish to change. Leave any default .png files in the "Pullcartmod" folder for items or textures that you did not change. That way people will be able to easily swap in your textures by just replacing their entire "Pullcartmod" folder, and know that everything will work fine when they start the game.
The "[5of5]" in the compilation filename will refer to the number of your custom files included in your packs required "Pullcartmod" folder out of the total number of files in the targeted versions of the PullCart Mod's "Pullcartmod" folder. So if the targeted version of the PullCart Mod has 5 files in it's "Pullcartmod" folder and you have replaced 4 of those files with custom versions inside of the "Pullcartmod" folder included in your pack then you would put "[4of5]" in that part of your Pack's filename.
Replace the "example.png" picture in the Pack's root with one of your own that is staged & cropped in the same way but that includes your changed Textures & Items in addition to the defaults you might have not changed. Cropping it down like this keeps it from taking up any more space in this post than necessary, and also focuses attention right on the subject.
* You can have more than one example.png in the root. The extra ones don't have any restrictions like the first one does and can be posed or sized in any way you like but don't expect them to be posted directly in the OP. Just please number the Extra ones if you add any; such as, "example.png" "example-2.png" etc.
Edit the "Item Index & Attribution.txt" file to reflect the appropriate information. There will normaly be only 4 or 5 sections that you would alter. From top to bottom:
1. Change the PullCart Mod version number in parenthesis at the top ONLY if you are including files that only started existing with that new version number.
2. Change the word "Default" inside of the brackets [ ] with the Name and Version of your Texture pack. The name of the pack can even just be your name but do include a version number (we all make changes to things).
3. If your pack is for something other than the 16x size then replace the "16x" beneath your pack name with the appropriate size.
4. Change the Name inside of the "(by xxx)" field to the right of each element you have replaced with a custom version to your Minecraftforum.net registered nick-name like "MineCrak". If you wish to be credited under your real name or another alias then at the bottom of this file you can write something like: "MineCrak = Leeroy Jenkins" . You can also add your contact info at the bottom if you wish.
5. Copy & Paste the following text, including the dashed lines on it's top & bottom, into the file beneath the element & attributions list exactly as it is posted here:
I, the creator of the custom content included in this compilation pack and it's sole owner (not including content therein created by the PullCart Mod Team), do hereby grant a non-exclusive license to the PullCart Mod Team which will allow them the following rights in reference to my custom content included in this pack:
The PullCart Mod Team and it's affiliates may use, post, repackage, display, comment on and redistribute this content in any combination or part in any way relating to the promotion of, distribution of or use with the PullCart Mod, any related Mods or any Mods that may themselves include the PullCart mod, including the temporary or permanent adoption of any or all of these content elements as the PullCart Mod Default content for any period of time so long as proper attribution of credit is given to me the custom content creator of said content.
Furthermore I, the creator of the custom content included in this original compilation pack and it's sole owner (not including content therein created by the PullCart Mod Team), guarantee that I have the sole right to provide this non-exclusive license, and further that the files and content I have provided in this pack do not include or link to malware of any kind or definition and that the PullCart Mod Team and it's affiliates will not be held responsible in any way for any claim to rights made by others than myself or for any damage or trouble caused by any of the files or content I have provided in this original compilation.
I understand that since this is a non-exclusive license that I will also continue to be able to distribute and use my content in any way I wish so long as it does not in any way affect the license now being given to the PullCart Mod Team and it's affiliates.
* You can post a Texture pack including only your own custom Texture/s & Item pics without the above text if you wish but it won't be placed or listed in the Texture OP of this thread for our own protection.
++ If you have followed these instructions and want your pack to be considered for inclusion in the Texture OP of this thread then please post at least it's download link in the thread with a clear message stating what it is and that you would like it to be included in the Texture OP.
The Pack must be contained in a non-self-executable .zip format file with no other file compression formats used within it. In other words, just like the Default PullCart Mod Texture pack linked to in this post.
Your texture pack, as linked by the PullCart Mod Team and affiliates outside of your post, will likely be given a new download link to insure inappropriate and dangerous file-changing does not occur after it is posted. Also; there will be no ad.fly links allowed in the OPs of this thread.
1 ] Texture Packs - For PullCart Mod versions (2011-08-30 through 2011-08-31, and likely higher)
16x Textures - [ 1 ]
Default ] [ 5 of 5 ]
This is the Default Texture & Item picture Set included with v2011-08-30 of PullCart Mod
Let's try this ou-HOLY CRAP WHAT SORT OF GENIUSNESS IS THIS? Why wasn't this done as efficiently before? Perfect, and exclusively perfect for all that coal when mining or all those logs when cutting trees.
If it was possible, I'd give you two pluses to your reputation. Even if you didn't code it, it's for you for showing it off.
It works for me. Actually, the system I'm on right now has Java 7 on it. Which version are you running? In a few hours I'll be able to test it on a Java 6 system for myself. I don't actually know which version of Java he compiled it with. I had assumed 6, but assumptions are dangerous. :wink.gif:
You can always add the contents of the zip directly into the jar in a controlled order if you'd like to see if that makes any difference. I hope you are able to get it to work in an arrangement that you like.
EDIT] I just downloaded it from this page and put that zip into my mods folder. It's working great for me. I have the following Mods installed atm:
In minecraft.jar in this order:
Modloader / TMI / SPC + WorldEdit XT / Cubic Chunks 1.46
In ".minecraft/mods/" folder:
Zeppelin 0.10 / SimplyHAX / PullCart 2011-08-31
btw: Some of those I only use during mod testing, not for normal play. :wink.gif:
EDITx2] Yep, sure enough. He built it with Java 7... Sorry folks, I'll get in touch with him and see if he'll recompile it with Java 6.
Aug 31, 2011 9:33:30 PM ModLoader init
FINE: ModLoader Beta 1.7.3 Initializing...
Aug 31, 2011 9:33:30 PM ModLoader readFromModFolder
FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\Jay\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\mod_PullCart_v2011-08-31_MCb173-2.zip
Aug 31, 2011 9:33:30 PM ModLoader readFromModFolder
FINER: Zip found.
Aug 31, 2011 9:33:30 PM ModLoader addMod
FINE: Failed to load mod from "mod_Pullcart.class"
Aug 31, 2011 9:33:30 PM ModLoader addMod
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: mod_Pullcart : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Aug 31, 2011 9:33:40 PM ModLoader readFromClassPath
FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\Jay\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar
Aug 31, 2011 9:33:40 PM ModLoader readFromClassPath
FINER: Zip found.
Aug 31, 2011 9:33:41 PM ModLoader AddAllRenderers
java version "1.6.0_24"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)