First, it's my first mod and it's still not finished. Have you ever thought about that there was any civilization before you spawned? In original Minecraft wasn't, but I've made a mod where are the ruins of ancient civilizations. I must confess it's a bit inspirated by Notch's 1.8 screen where were ruins.
And I asked, why shouldn't be ruins in 1.7.3 too? This is just first version but I'll update it and I'll add more types of ruins and this things. I hope you will enjoy it.
Also you can find some treasure inside of the ruins, so good luck :biggrin.gif: I think, I'll make some commented video soon.
1. Open your Minecraft.jar with WinRar/7Z or any other archiver program
2. Delete META-INF folder
3. Install ModLoader for MC 1.7.3
4. Install Ruins Mod by copying it from .zip file to your Minecraft.jar
- added 2 new types of ruins
- added special looting box
- added "Ruin Keeper" mob
- added some weapon artifacts
- added first type of ruins
- chest with basic items
Yes, it's exactly that thing. I really thought about tools in chest but then I realized that it'd be really simple and unfair to other players, especially when you spawn near any ruin.
But thanks for idea, it's really useful for me. And I promise I'll make it more uncommon :wink.gif: