[1.2.5] The Laser Mod (v.1.5)

The overflow bug maybe it comes up if the laser go too long, would be a possible quick fix to just make it stop at block length limit or something.

EDIT: Fixed stupid typo
    Last edited by xTwilight3: 8/2/2011 1:08:01 PM
    Did my post help? Click the on my post. It's 110% optional Popcorn smelting, old removed feature, new mod. :D
    Sweet mod!!! I rigged up my house to have a laser fence around it, all I have to do is flip one lever inside and I'm safe!!!
    This mod is super! But why it's can't go up and down so it could be mining laser. Still good defense system.
    When I place redstone torch on it it's not working. You also could make some sort of laser bridge.
    I also wish it was working on portal gun mod.
    PEW PEW :biggrin.gif:
    Just thought of a sweet idea... What if you made a cart that you could use to ride on the laser??? How awesome would that be? Instead of laying all of those iron tracks down, you just flip on the laser and ride away...
    Well done mod. My texture pack will definitely support this. Thanks!
    Im gonna help code If I can
    Ha! A signature! What kind of idiot uses those?
    Making an obsidian laser to kill non vanilla mobs with more health.
    Trying to make it do 30 damage
    Last edited by Pigbear: 8/3/2011 12:51:44 PM
    i would REALLY like it if you added a laser that could destroy iron blocks, because i want to have iron ships have a laser fight, it could be made of obsidian and gold, or something like that.
    :obsidian: :obsidian: :obsidian:
    :DBlock: :RedShroom: :Glass:
    :goldore: :goldore: :goldore:
    gold ore= gold block
    redmushroom= redstone
    if you type "plz" instead of "please", because it is shorter, I will type "no" instead of "yes" because it is shorter.
    What the ****?
    When im powering the laserbox its not shooting the laser! Im doing it the same way as in the video.

Anyone can help?:sad.gif:

edit: Weird bug, i cant power the stone&iron, but i can power the diamondlasor :ohmy.gif:
    Last edited by paddystar: 8/3/2011 2:42:55 PM

I support the "faster minecarts" idea! Push it over the limits!!!!
    im having troubles unziping this with winrar it says the filename,directory name or syntax in incorrect
    Can this be made to point up or down too? I saw it suggested so I am throwing my hat in too.
    And could there be a next tier of laser that can blast through rock but with some sort of durability or maximum length?
    All in all this is a great mod and is fun to use
    Oh hello there...you are a special one aren't you?
    The reason I started attempting to learn Java was to make a mod just like this :smile.gif: I LOVE this! Really easy to use and fun [especially with Mo'Creatures :wink.gif:]
    Oh and when i can suggest something, i'd like to have a laserblock, what's shooting lasers in 3 directions (up,left,right would be perfect). Oh and maybe a Lazor that dont hurt the player. But maybe that would be too overpowered:D

idea: maybe a laser that doesn't cause damage to mobs or players but doesn't allow them to pass through it? Like a force field kinda!
    So far in testing, I have noticed that my game saves and quits when the lazer hits a flamable surface like wood. I think it may be trying to set the wood on fire to much, if that makes any sense. I don't have an error log for it, but that seems to be the issue, as near as I can tell. I tested the mod on one of those flat maps with no trees, and had no problems with distance. But as soon as I added wood I ended up having errors.
    It is not the weapon that makes the warrior, but the warrior that makes the weapon.

[simg]http://i.imgur.com/xn7si.jpg[/simg]

Quote from gumb0

idea: maybe a laser that doesn't cause damage to mobs or players but doesn't allow them to pass through it? Like a force field kinda!

What about making a blue lazer for the force field, and let the red lazers harm things. Blue lazers could be formed when lapis lazule is put in front of an existing lazer.
    I might also suggest making the stone lazer one that does no harm, but can be disrupted by mobs and blocks. It could be used for detection. The damaging lazers would start at the iron lazer as the damage level that the stone lazer is currently at, and so on down the line to the obsidian lazer.

As for differing dierections for lazers and such, I am all for that. I would love to create an over all lazer force field around my base, or be able to redirect the beams up when I want to enter. I might suggest taht lazers be kept vertical, and require the tubes to be used for redirecting the lazers in other directions.
    It is not the weapon that makes the warrior, but the warrior that makes the weapon.

[simg]http://i.imgur.com/xn7si.jpg[/simg]

I still got this bug, i cant power The stone+Iron laser, but i can power the diamondlaser. Any ideas?:sad.gif:

oooo works with aether
    *-_Let's play Minecraft_-*
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes