This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

[1.7.3] Aether Collaboration Mod - V1.02 - NEW MOBS, FIXES, ITEMS AND FEATURES!

I find it weird how you can just create an unlimited number of lore books just by spamming the keyboard. wouldn't it make more sense to create lore books by putting them in the enchanter? i'm not hating, this is a great mod and all, but thats just my opinion.
    This mod is so AWSOME. However since I have a slighly old computer I was dealing with more lag than playing with all the add-ons of this mod. Unfortunatly that means that this is not the mod for me. So I encourage all with a good computer to download this and try it for yourself!
    95% of teens would scream if Justin Beiber was about to jump of the top of the Empire State Building. If you are in the 5% that would grab a seat and some popcorn and yell JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! post this into your sig. And this fucl
    Put this in your sig if your Minecrafty!
    Quote from Awsomellama

This mod is so AWSOME. However since I have a slighly old computer I was dealing with more lag than playing with all the add-ons of this mod. Unfortunatly that means that this is not the mod for me. So I encourage all with a good computer to download this and try it for yourself!

Those who are dealing with lag can make good use of OptiFine to reduce many of Minecraft's fancy graphics and effects, in order to achieve a less laggy experience.
    Last edited by pmw57: 9/11/2011 10:45:53 PM
    Quote from Hajsasftw

hmmm, i have been doing some research in the music files, turns out that the aether menu song, is a song by mana- Drama y luz
    and yet no credits to the band?
    copyright perhaps.
    so.. i expect something to change

That's odd, which of the music files in .minecraft/mods/music/ is the one you recognise?
    Quote from Xanast8714

Ok, two things. First:22727th! Second: I installed the mod, and I'm sure I did it right. Now, when I open Minecraft, it goes to the Aether menu, as it should, it lets me move my mouse, moves the clouds when I move over them etc., but when I click something, Minecraft freezes. It doesn't black screen, it doesn't kill my computer, it just freezes. I tried to get into the config files, but I apparentl don't have any program that can let me in. Even the "T" button in the top right that should bring up the normal menu doesn't work, it freezes my computer. The total amount of frustration makes me want to kill puppies and kick babies and old people right now >.

-Xanast

Notepad can be used to open config files. (just right click then click 'open with':smile.gif:
    And go into the .minecraft folder and choose options (open in notepad) change sound to '0.0'.
    If you get any freezing after turning the sound off then there is something wrong with the install.

-nicck
    Click the little green + if I helped and/or My post was informative.
    Heard of the search bar? USE ITMy SP world
    Quote from Equeon

Nice way to ignore the fact that the silver and gold bosses are overpowered.
    Whacking away at a boss for ages is not fun in any definition of the word. Having to fly on a pig for five minutes to get to the dungeon after you die is not fun, either.

Take a look at the comparison between Zelda Dungeons and Aether Dungeons.

LoZ Series Dungeons
    * Relatively long, interesting, unique dungeons
    * Many enemies and puzzles to encounter in each dungeon
    * Checkpoint at the boss battle
    * A fun, usually challenging boss fight with many stages
    * Items unique to each dungeon type

- Some puzzles can take a while to figure out

Aether Dungeons
    * Unique dungeons
    * Great loot at the end

- Dungeons are tedious to get through
    - Boss battles are long and boring

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: there is a reason that the "reflect projectiles back at the boss" is only one stage of boss fights in other games: it gets repetitive and boring! There is no increase in difficulty as the time goes on for the Gold Boss, except for maybe a few more bouncing fireorbs.

Well of course, we've always planned to improve the bosses in the future. However, at the moment we're focusing heavily on Aether SMP, and some other improvements to existing features. Aether SMP pretty much works in its current state, but we have to make MANY changes so that the dungeons work correctly with large groups of people. There are a few things which are wrong with your dungeon comparison, though:

- I don't see checkpoints working well in Minecraft. Especially in this case, you could easily just keep dying and respawn at the boss. It would be too easy.
    - Items ARE unique to each dungeon type in the Aether. You cannot get the dungeon rewards from Bronze Dungeons in Silver Dungeons, and visa versa. I'm not sure what you were talking about there.

Anyway, the first one we're likely to tweak is the Gold boss, and later on the Bronze/Silver. You can also expect much more complex boss battles and mobs in the upcoming "Platinum Dungeons". You can also expect some very complex AI for future Nether/Aether NPCs.
    Quote from kingbdogz

Well of course, we've always planned to improve the bosses in the future. However, at the moment we're focusing heavily on Aether SMP, and some other improvements to existing features. Aether SMP pretty much works in its current state, but we have to make MANY changes so that the dungeons work correctly with large groups of people. There are a few things which are wrong with your dungeon comparison, though:

- I don't see checkpoints working well in Minecraft. Especially in this case, you could easily just keep dying and respawn at the boss. It would be too easy.
    - Items ARE unique to each dungeon type in the Aether. You cannot get the dungeon rewards from Bronze Dungeons in Silver Dungeons, and visa versa. I'm not sure what you were talking about there.

Anyway, the first one we're likely to tweak is the Gold boss, and later on the Bronze/Silver. You can also expect much more complex boss battles and mobs in the upcoming "Platinum Dungeons". You can also expect some very complex AI for future Nether/Aether NPCs.

Platinum Dungeon? Awesome! Any Hints, or Screenshots for us? :smile.gif:
    Quote from C0X

Platinum Dungeon? Awesome! Any Hints, or Screenshots for us? :smile.gif:

Not yet. We want to keep it a bit of a surprise, and it's still heavily in development.
    This is the best mod on this planet!
    I think you should add creepers with wings, i dont know about balancing but i think it would be funny as hell!!
    I make let`s plays check out my channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/justynp96
    Quote from kingbdogz

Not yet. We want to keep it a bit of a surprise, and it's still heavily in development.

Ok, no problem. I guess its enough hint, that you even told us that there will be one. :smile.gif:
    A little question: How much time will you update it to 1.8 after releasing normal version of this update? I am just asking, don't say I am noob or what. I just wanna ask. If you don't want to anwers- it's ok for me.
    Quote from TheJodasz

A little question: How much time will you update it to 1.8 after releasing normal version of this update? I am just asking, don't say I am noob or what. I just wanna ask. If you don't want to anwers- it's ok for me.

It depends on how quickly MCP updates (also known as Minecraft Coder Pack). We cannot update the mod until that is released, and even so we would need a few days after that to update all of the class files.
    really cool mod!! thx!!!:rolleyes::laugh.gif:
    can u add a server verson cuz it looks good to be in a server
    Quote from sham7000

can u add a server verson cuz it looks good to be in a server

He has been talking about working on the server version for last 2 pages. Learn to read please.
    Click the little green + if I helped and/or My post was informative.
    Heard of the search bar? USE ITMy SP world
    You are a Godmoder amongst moders!!!
    Good Things Come To those Who Dig.
    If I may I would like to make a suggestion to add custom items made from aether wood, like workbenches and more craftables. Also more ores would be cool too, I really like the special abilities for items.
    Uh, I sorta broke my game :dry.gif: I'm hoping someone here can help me out...

See, I had Aether installed, then updated the game (Still at 1.7.3, rather have Aether and another mod I'm going for than 1.8). That went fine and good, but then I went too close to an area where I had Moas enclosed when I had the Aether there, while I had the new mod (Equivalent Exchange, for whatever reason I chose to uninstall Aether and install EE) installed. Ever since, it's been quite messed up. If I force update, unfortunately the game crashed near where I had my Moas, so when it was trying to load there, it would crash again. I managed to move away between crashes in the forced update game, so I can play an un-modded game if I avoid that point, but if I try and install either Aether or Equivalent Exchange (And, with the former, I'm fairly sure I'm not doing it wrong; I have done it correctly several times before), I get this shortly after I try and login:

Mods loaded: 1
    ModLoader Beta 1.7.3

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to [email protected]
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT e9df3db --------
    Generated 12/09/11 3:34 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
    Java: 1.6.0_26, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: GeForce 9200/PCI/SSE2 version 3.0.0, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: IItemTexture
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at mod_EE.<clinit>(mod_EE.java:2887)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:272)
    at ModLoader.readFromModFolder(ModLoader.java:1169)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:811)
    at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:183)
    at th.<init>(th.java:60)
    at th.<clinit>(th.java:9)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:318)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:716)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: IItemTexture
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 27 more
    --- END ERROR REPORT eaf0040b ----------

Please, please, PLEASE help me if you can...
    I currently have a Mac computer, and the installation tutorial is PC version, is there an instruction video or text for a Mac anywhere? If it's already been asked, don't flame me because I'm too lazy to read 1138 pages of posts.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes