[1.7.3] [2.0.1.2] ExtraBuildCraftPipes

Running this with Buildcraft 1.7.3.3 currently and all is well so far.
    Confirmed. This crash on an MP server when an extractor pipe tries to do work with BC 1.7.3.3
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ExtraBuildcraftPipes.TileExtractionPipe.tryWork()V
    	at ExtraBuildcraftPipes.BlockExtractionPipe.a(BlockExtractionPipe.java:42)
    	at pu.a(Unknown Source)
    	at ha.a(SourceFile:315)
    	at eo.a(SourceFile:57)
    	at jl.b(SourceFile:279)
    	at ha.a(SourceFile:43)
    	at cu.a(SourceFile:105)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:381)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    	at bq.run(SourceFile:422)
    (If my posts seem hostile, read my "About me" page!)
    Extrapipes doesn't work with BC 1.7.3.3 for me in SSP (but 1.7.3.2 is fine). I get this shortly after loading my map:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ExtraBuildcraftPipes.TileExtractionPipe.checkPower()V
            at ExtraBuildcraftPipes.BlockExtractionPipe.b(BlockExtractionPipe.java:58)
            at eloraam.core.RedPowerLib.notifyBlock(RedPowerLib.java:26)
            at eloraam.core.RedPowerLib.updateCurrent(RedPowerLib.java:455)
            at eloraam.wiring.BlockRedwire.b(BlockRedwire.java:32)
            at fd.l(World.java:577)
            at fd.i(World.java:564)
            at fd.g(World.java:526)
            at fd.b(World.java:506)
            at wo.a(SourceFile:69)
            at fd.a(World.java:2289)
            at fd.l(World.java:2052)
            at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1498)
            at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:754)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    Last edited by recursive_blue: 7/21/2011 7:34:53 PM
    Quote from Jay

Oh oh, so it's not the placement that's causing the crash, but it attempting to pull an item out (because that's what right-clicking an extractor pipe does).

Actually... about that behaviour.... should right clicking extract an item, or should it switch the source like the wooden pipe does?
    cogito ergo cavo
    I am running Minecraft 1.7.3 with Buildcraft 1.7.3.3 and I am currently using the ExtraBuildCraftPipes 1.7.3.2
    It is working fine for me.

@recursive_blue
            java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ExtraBuildcraftPipes.TileExtractionPipe.checkPower()V
            at eloraam.core.RedPowerLib.notifyBlock(RedPowerLib.java:26)
            at eloraam.core.RedPowerLib.updateCurrent(RedPowerLib.java:455)
            at eloraam.wiring.BlockRedwire.b(BlockRedwire.java:32)
            at fd.i(World.java:564)
            at wo.a(SourceFile:69)
            at fd.a(World.java:2289)
            at fd.l(World.java:2052)
            at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1498)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)[/quote]

Out of curiosity are you using Eloraam's RedPowerCore mod? The reason I ask is when I read through this log it says many times eloraam.core.blah blah blah. When I tried using this mod I got a crash every time. Without it, everything worked fine. It's not the ExtraBuildcraftPipes mod not working for you, it's the RedPowerCore. I wanted to use it too, but never could get it working. Eloraam's IntegratedRedstone however does work.
    Last edited by rcrum8: 7/22/2011 10:36:17 AM
    the extraction pipe crashes the game for me if i try to connect it to anything, with or without red power, so it's probably something else

but the two are DEFINITELY incompatible, i tried red power core+wiring, and buildcaraft pipes, taking one step forward crashed the game.

shame, buildcraft and intergrated redstone go together really well =

Edit: i jumped on a pipe, bad mistake, it crashed

every other part of buildcraft works with intergrated redstone, this won't work when attached to other parts from its own mod
    Last edited by decman117: 7/22/2011 12:07:45 PM
    Quote from decman117

but the two are DEFINITELY incompatible, i tried red power core+wiring, and buildcaraft pipes, taking one step forward crashed the game.

They worked fine together before BC 1.7.3.3.
    I wonder what's actually causing the problems? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and the actual wooden pipes work fine. I do believe Spacetoad did some refactoring of the power code in 1.7.3.3. The crash is being caused by that change, not RedPower.
    EDIT2: Yep. Same error, no RedPower involved.
    	at fd.i(World.java:560)
    	at ck.a(SourceFile:39)
    	at iz.a(SourceFile:78)
    	at ob.a(SourceFile:90)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:1130)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1337)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Last edited by Jay: 7/22/2011 12:20:45 PM
    Quote from Jay

They worked fine together before BC 1.7.3.3.
    I wonder what's actually causing the problems? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and the actual wooden pipes work fine. I do believe Spacetoad did some refactoring of the power code in 1.7.3.3. The crash is being caused by that change, not RedPower.
    EDIT2: Yep. Same error, no RedPower involved.
    	at fd.i(World.java:560)
    	at ck.a(SourceFile:39)
    	at iz.a(SourceFile:78)
    	at ob.a(SourceFile:90)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:1130)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1337)

so do we need to wait for everything buildcraft related to be updated before we can use these then?

EDIT: no idea what causes it, but it's only the orange pipe that doesn't work for me

EDIT 2: i can place the orange ones, they can be placed so that they connect to something, but if I place another pipe or chest next to it, that will crash the game, but the change is there and working if I reload

EDIT 3: connecting the output of a pulser/timer to an orange pipe ruins my save, because it appears that anything that does anything to the pipe crashes the game, so when you reload, the timer goes off again, crashing it.

EDIT 4: I finally got an error report out of the game, i used eloraam's intergrated redstone (before redpower) and set the timer to 10 seconds, like i thouht it would, it crashed at the pulse, but anyway, here's the report:

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT bbdc45cc --------
    Generated 22/07/11 19:17

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
    Java: 1.6.0_26, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: GeForce GT 340/PCI/SSE2 version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation

at fd.l(World.java:576)
    at fd.i(World.java:559)
    at eloraam.TileLogic.updateBlockChange(TileLogic.java:49)
    at eloraam.TileTimer.n_(TileTimer.java:109)
    at fd.g(World.java:1403)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1494)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 6bb21127 ----------
    Last edited by decman117: 7/22/2011 1:19:55 PM
    Quote from decman117

so do we need to wait for everything buildcraft related to be updated before we can use these then?
    This mod itself needs an update.
    BC is updated, all of the other submods still work as far as I've tested. Just this one crashes, trying to use the old redstone power API from BC that no longer exists.
    Quote from decman117

EDIT 4: I finally got an error report out of the game, i used eloraam's intergrated redstone (before redpower) and set the timer to 10 seconds, like i thouht it would, it crashed at the pulse, but anyway, here's the report:

Yep, that's that same error, now reported three times, with three different things causing it.
    Suffice to say, it's this mod that needs fixing.
    Extraction pipes are broken by BC 1.7.3.3.
    Insertion pipes, probably okay, because they don't have any redstone interactions.
    Bounce pipes probably function as bounce pipes, but I'd be willing to bet that applying redstone to them (normally makes them act like normal pipes) will make them crash all the same.
    Yeah, the extraction pipe is broken, I get crashes any time I try to put or remove anything one block from the pipe. Is quite annoying, hope there will be a fix very soon.
    Quote from Jay

This mod itself needs an update.
    BC is updated, all of the other submods still work as far as I've tested. Just this one crashes, trying to use the old redstone power API from BC that no longer exists.

Yep, that's that same error, now reported three times, with three different things causing it.
    Suffice to say, it's this mod that needs fixing.
    Extraction pipes are broken by BC 1.7.3.3.
    Insertion pipes, probably okay, because they don't have any redstone interactions.
    Bounce pipes probably function as bounce pipes, but I'd be willing to bet that applying redstone to them (normally makes them act like normal pipes) will make them crash all the same.

the bounce pipes work completely fine for me, with red power, it's only connecting anything to an extraction pipe that causes problems for me

also, the first line of the report "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ExtraBuildcraftPipes.TileExtractionPipe.checkPower()V"
    sound's like there's something missing from that class file, i'm looking through "TileExtractionPipe" now, i'm going to look for that "checkPower" line

EDIT: Checked it, couldn't find it (although my java skills are... well... nonexistent)
    Last edited by decman117: 7/22/2011 3:32:33 PM
    Quote from decman117

the bounce pipes work completely fine for me, with red power, it's only connecting anything to an extraction pipe that causes problems for me

also, the first line of the report "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ExtraBuildcraftPipes.TileExtractionPipe.checkPower()V"
    sound's like there's something missing from that class file, i'm looking through "TileExtractionPipe" now, i'm going to look for that "checkPower" line

EDIT: Checked it, couldn't find it (although my java skills are... well... nonexistent)

Yep, you'd be right.
    Note this particular line:

public class TileExtractionPipe extends TileWoodenPipe

TileWoodenPipe would have had the relevant method in it. Not anymore, because of the power revamp.
    Bang. Crash.
    Quote from Jay

Yep, you'd be right.
    Note this particular line:

public class TileExtractionPipe extends TileWoodenPipe

TileWoodenPipe would have had the relevant method in it. Not anymore, because of the power revamp.
    Bang. Crash.

You got it. Ive fixed the issues, I will have a working version up this weekend. I'm having some issues separating the code I was working on with the code I need to release :/
    cogito ergo cavo
    Uh. That's weird... from left to right: insertion, extraction and bounce pipe. (They work properly.)

I'm running BC 1.7.3.2. And using MyCraft, but I tried also without it. So... why? XD
    Please, correct my English.
    it's broken in BC 1.7.3.3, that's the version the power code for the pipe was taken out, so 1.7.3.2 still should work
    Quote from CravingPine

yes the zip is in my mods folder, the only thing in my minecraft jar are mods that like ic and modloader, modloadermp, guiapi, things that overwrite minecraft classes

magic chest and redpower to go well together... its a rare "recipe conflict" both contain the same recipe...

i would basically like to say i run almost all your other mods together seemlessly + a ton more

the ones i don't run and idresolver, and guiapi ... i am not installing guiapi for 1 mod i just solve them myself.., also i don't run recipe book... so everything should work quite well..

Quote from blakmajik

Actually... about that behaviour.... should right clicking extract an item, or should it switch the source like the wooden pipe does?

it should change direction just like the wooden pipe
    Last edited by ReddPandda2: 7/24/2011 5:54:40 AM
    Finally got 1.7.3.3.1 out, enjoy.
    cogito ergo cavo
    Can someone please explain the point of these mods?

I'm not saying its bad, but I'm just stumped on what they are used for!

Thanks! :biggrin.gif:

TLDR Not saying its bad, but whats its use?

Videos about Minecraft Tech Mods
    http://tinyurl.com/9l6km29
    Quote from Ian_Maayrkas

Uh. That's weird... from left to right: insertion, extraction and bounce pipe. (They work properly.)

I'm running BC 1.7.3.2. And using MyCraft, but I tried also without it. So... why? XD

Still the same problem with BC 1.7.3.3 and ExtraBCPipes 1.7.3.3.1...
    Please, correct my English.
    Quote from Silent_Samurai

Can someone please explain the point of these mods?

Basically.. if you are working on a complicated buildcraft pipe system.. and you run into a situation where you say 'gee.. I wish I had a pipe that did <X>' where <X> is described by any of these pipes.. then you have your answer.

I use insertion when I want items to 'always' go in the chest, but not if it's full.
    I use extraction when I want to get items out of a chest but not back inside.
    I use bounce pipes when I want items to reverse direction (in some cases depending on redstone) without using loops.

Some situations can be handled with 2 or more pipes... but mod makes the space you need for these situations 1 block.

In practical terms I use both extraction and insertion pipes for machines (furnaces) when both the output and input need to go through the same pipe. I use insertion and extraction for chests when connected to a larger pipe-system where items can come from all directions. Bounce I use to separate certain parts of my network with a switch. I also use bounce when I don't have the space or patience to make a loop at dead-ends of my networks.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes