Pokécube

According to the wiki, if you rightclick a pidgeot while holding a saddle you can ride it. this isn't working for me
    Ok well we have been over this multiple times now it is not implemented at the moment
    Quote from jjreyes

Ok well we have been over this multiple times now it is not implemented at the moment

Well I do apologise, Please don't snap.
    I saw it in one of the review videos, and a couple playthroughs, I had no idea it'd been taken out
    Is it possible to play on multiplayer?
    Mounting has been removed when multiplayer was added. I think I answer both questions. I'm working to restore mounting with the help of the developer of Chococraft.
    Quote from Atlas101

Well I do apologise, Please don't snap.
    I saw it in one of the review videos, and a couple playthroughs, I had no idea it'd been taken out
    i was not snapping at you i was simply informing you that we have discussed that topic before and i do apologize if when you read that it came off as snapping at you
    hey manchou, i had a couple ideas for the mod that might be cool to add to give it more life.

new npc's that you could interact with (not just trainers, but maybe merchants and stuff, and maybe even companions, like in the pokemon tf show. and maybe some that would just say things, like in the pokemon games)

maybe some sort of currency, and a way to buy items. it would give it more of the feel for pokemon, since you would make money when you battled trainers, and you could buy things at shops.

maybe special pokecube villages (or towns/cities) that would spawn randomly. they would be filled with the npcs and such, and would have unique structures, such as gyms, pokemon centers, shops, and other cool things.

maybe special pokecube dungeons, that had pokemon spawners in them and contained rare loot.

maybe special boss pokemon (such as really strong versions of normal pokemon, that would spawn randomly, ans would give a ton of xp, as well would serve as an extra challenge).

maybe new pokecubes, like a divecube, duskcube, and other pokeball types. it might give the game a little bit more variety.

maybe some new weapons and armor for the player, that would protect them from hight level pokemon (as i have found that pokemon around level 50 tend to do so much damage, that most armor will not do very well to protect from them).

maybe a way to encounter stronger level pokemon than the ones that spawn (could be done with trainers, gym leaders, of maybe even a battle tower, that would spawn somewhere in the world, and would be the ultimate challenge).

on the topic of npcs, maybe you could add minecraft versions of pokemon characters, such as gym leaders, anime characters, or maybe even npc's that look like the creators of the different pokecube mods.

maybe special generating structures, such as shrines, ruins, and other cool thing.

maybe unique items that could only be obtained by doing a certain thing (like battling a certain npc, or killing a bunch of pokemon, etc.) that would help you, or maybe give you an advantage.

i had mentioned a move tutor block, which could function like an enchantment table and teach pokemon new moves, but what if there were npc's that could teach really special moves that couldn't be taught to certain pokemon via the move tutor block (like maybe teaching pokemon moves that they would normally never be able to learn)

these are just ideas i had, and i think they would be cool to add at some point. if you like any of the ideas, of thing some of them could be tweeked/changed, then let me know, as i would love to know if some of these ideas could be added at some point.
    Quote from Manchou

Mounting has been removed when multiplayer was added. I think I answer both questions. I'm working to restore mounting with the help of the developer of Chococraft.

Oo, I love chococraft.

Quote from inkblot777

hey manchou, i had a couple ideas for the mod that might be cool to add to give it more life.

new npc's that you could interact with (not just trainers, but maybe merchants and stuff, and maybe even companions, like in the pokemon tf show. and maybe some that would just say things, like in the pokemon games)

maybe some sort of currency, and a way to buy items. it would give it more of the feel for pokemon, since you would make money when you battled trainers, and you could buy things at shops.

maybe special pokecube villages (or towns/cities) that would spawn randomly. they would be filled with the npcs and such, and would have unique structures, such as gyms, pokemon centers, shops, and other cool things.

maybe special pokecube dungeons, that had pokemon spawners in them and contained rare loot.

maybe special boss pokemon (such as really strong versions of normal pokemon, that would spawn randomly, ans would give a ton of xp, as well would serve as an extra challenge).

maybe new pokecubes, like a divecube, duskcube, and other pokeball types. it might give the game a little bit more variety.

maybe some new weapons and armor for the player, that would protect them from hight level pokemon (as i have found that pokemon around level 50 tend to do so much damage, that most armor will not do very well to protect from them).

maybe a way to encounter stronger level pokemon than the ones that spawn (could be done with trainers, gym leaders, of maybe even a battle tower, that would spawn somewhere in the world, and would be the ultimate challenge).

on the topic of npcs, maybe you could add minecraft versions of pokemon characters, such as gym leaders, anime characters, or maybe even npc's that look like the creators of the different pokecube mods.

maybe special generating structures, such as shrines, ruins, and other cool thing.

maybe unique items that could only be obtained by doing a certain thing (like battling a certain npc, or killing a bunch of pokemon, etc.) that would help you, or maybe give you an advantage.

i had mentioned a move tutor block, which could function like an enchantment table and teach pokemon new moves, but what if there were npc's that could teach really special moves that couldn't be taught to certain pokemon via the move tutor block (like maybe teaching pokemon moves that they would normally never be able to learn)

these are just ideas i had, and i think they would be cool to add at some point. if you like any of the ideas, of thing some of them could be tweeked/changed, then let me know, as i would love to know if some of these ideas could be added at some point.

Goddamnit, I really suck

The NPC things remind me of the mod Minecraft Comes Alive. If this mod was combined with that one, it could be pretty sweet.

I was adventuring last night and found a structure in the ocean made of netherrack, lapiz blocks, and glowstone blocks. It had 4 empty chests inside and a legendary spawner in the middle. So it looks like generated structures and boss fights might already be in the works.

On the subject of suggestions and ideas, I had a few of my own.

As I mentioned before, having one of each legendary per world is fine for single player, but it doesn't work for multiplayer, especially for larger servers. There was an argument that there's only one of each in the games, everyone isn't supposed to get their own because no one else even believes they exist. The reason it's that way is because the games are single player. You get them because you're the main character. With multiplayer, everyone is the main player. So everyone needs to have the opportunity to tick off all of the achievements.

One way of doing that could be to have an infinite number of each legendary (spawning very rarely). If a person finds one and doesn't already have it, they can catch it. If they already have it, code could be added that blocks that user from being able to catch the pokemon (like how you're blocked in the games from catching other trainers' pokemon). Trading a legendary to someone who already has one could also be blocked. This would allow everyone a chance to catch each legendary, while blocking anyone from getting more than one. Everyone can be the hero, which is what games are for. It isn't fair to the player to deny them the ability to attain victory.

And lastly, I caught a glimpse of a gastly last night, but didn't have any pokeballs, so I didn't go after it. From the glimpse I got of it, I didn't care for the design. While laying in bed last night, I thought of how I'd model it. When I woke up today, I spent way too long bringing my concept to life.
    And here it is: (7 second video)
    More detailed info about how I made it in the description, but be warned, it has my trademark inability to shorten what I'm saying.
    Biggest notes I want to make:
    -The cubes that make up the haze around gastly are semi transparent. I'm pretty sure Minecraft has the ability to have semi-transparent skins.
    -I wish the particles decayed faster when he moves, but if they decay faster, you don't really see them when he isn't moving.
    Last edited by DarthMisium: 5/26/2013 2:34:57 PM
    Quote from DarthMisium

Oo, I love chococraft.

Goddamnit, I really suck

The NPC things remind me of the mod Minecraft Comes Alive. If this mod was combined with that one, it could be pretty sweet.

I was adventuring last night and found a structure in the ocean made of netherrack, lapiz blocks, and glowstone blocks. It had 4 empty chests inside and a legendary spawner in the middle. So it looks like generated structures and boss fights might already be in the works.

On the subject of suggestions and ideas, I had a few of my own.

As I mentioned before, having one of each legendary per world is fine for single player, but it doesn't work for multiplayer, especially for larger servers. There was an argument that there's only one of each in the games, everyone isn't supposed to get their own because no one else even believes they exist. The reason it's that way is because the games are single player. You get them because you're the main character. With multiplayer, everyone is the main player. So everyone needs to have the opportunity to tick off all of the achievements.

One way of doing that could be to have an infinite number of each legendary (spawning very rarely). If a person finds one and doesn't already have it, they can catch it. If they already have it, code could be added that blocks that user from being able to catch the pokemon (like how you're blocked in the games from catching other trainers' pokemon). Trading a legendary to someone who already has one could also be blocked. This would allow everyone a chance to catch each legendary, while blocking anyone from getting more than one. Everyone can be the hero, which is what games are for. It isn't fair to the player to deny them the ability to attain victory.

And lastly, I caught a glimpse of a gastly last night, but didn't have any pokeballs, so I didn't go after it. From the glimpse I got of it, I didn't care for the design. While laying in bed last night, I thought of how I'd model it. When I woke up today, I spent way too long bringing my concept to life.
    And here it is: (7 second video)
    More detailed info about how I made it in the description, but be warned, it has my trademark inability to shorten what I'm saying.
    Biggest notes I want to make:
    -The cubes that make up the haze around gastly are semi transparent. I'm pretty sure Minecraft has the ability to have semi-transparent skins.
    -I wish the particles decayed faster when he moves, but if they decay faster, you don't really see them when he isn't moving.

the structures you found are part of generations. they are legendary caves, with spawners inside to spawn legendaries.

second, the current gastly model was made by me. oracion asked me to make a better version of the one before it. but MAN, that was a good model you had there. was that in minecraft, because if it was, that was amazing. if you could find a way to do that in pokecube, then that would be amazing. i love the effects you gave it, and how the gas moves with it.
    Lol i agree with most of them, especially custom npc could be great.Just as i suggested a month ago.Also if manchou willing to add npcs' he should make them customizable with an item in game.So you spawn the npc and you right click to npc with the specific item then a menu shows up.Then you can customize stuff.
    Also this suggestion is outdated as i said, there should be an option to make them stand still for adventure maps
    Last edited by Blindie: 5/26/2013 4:22:31 PM
    Quote from Blindie

Lol i agree with most of them, especially custom npc could be great.Just as i suggested a month ago.Also if manchou willing to add npcs' he should make them customizable with an item in game.So you spawn the npc and you right click to npc with the specific item then a menu shows up.Then you can customize stuff.
    Also this suggestion is outdated as i said, there should be an option to make them stand still for adventure maps

yeah, i know you mentioned it. though, i was talking about other types besides trainers. i think various types of npcs would be awesome.
    Quote from DarthMisium

Oo, I love chococraft.

oh, completely forgot. you might like my monster craft mod even more then, since it has a bird like monster that was based on a chocobo. you'll be able to ride and everything.
    I really want to apologize. I didn't mean to imply that your model sucked. What I really meant was that it just wasn't to my taste. Everyone has their own tastes and ideas and designs and such, and there's nothing wrong with your design at all. I just had a different idea in my head that I wanted to share. It's just sort of something I do sometimes. I see something that I have an idea for that I like more, so I randomly try to bring it to life. Normally I fail pretty hard, but this actually came out exactly like I wanted (save for the particle trail being too long).

I have no idea what Minecraft is capable of, though. I've never made anything beyond textures (and even those I only really edit) for Minecraft. But if it's possible, I think my design would be pretty cool in game. I tried downloading that Techne program you have in the OP and I was going to see if I could make it in that, but after like 20 seconds trying to figure it out, I was like "I'm just gonna do it in 3DStudio Max because I know how to do what I want there".

Oh, and while I'm here, I forgot to post before that another suggestion I have for this mod is that the AI be altered so that pokemon stop a block or two in front of their target when they're trying to attack it. It's really weird the way they move inside each other to attack each other. And it's difficult to punch pokemon when they're standing in the same spot you're in, too.
    Quote from DarthMisium

I really want to apologize. I didn't mean to imply that your model sucked. What I really meant was that it just wasn't to my taste. Everyone has their own tastes and ideas and designs and such, and there's nothing wrong with your design at all. I just had a different idea in my head that I wanted to share. It's just sort of something I do sometimes. I see something that I have an idea for that I like more, so I randomly try to bring it to life. Normally I fail pretty hard, but this actually came out exactly like I wanted (save for the particle trail being too long).

I have no idea what Minecraft is capable of, though. I've never made anything beyond textures (and even those I only really edit) for Minecraft. But if it's possible, I think my design would be pretty cool in game. I tried downloading that Techne program you have in the OP and I was going to see if I could make it in that, but after like 20 seconds trying to figure it out, I was like "I'm just gonna do it in 3DStudio Max because I know how to do what I want there".

Oh, and while I'm here, I forgot to post before that another suggestion I have for this mod is that the AI be altered so that pokemon stop a block or two in front of their target when they're trying to attack it. It's really weird the way they move inside each other to attack each other. And it's difficult to punch pokemon when they're standing in the same spot you're in, too.

its ok, i didn't really take it as you thought my model was bad, more it needed improvement. thats actually how i started modeling, i saw a model that i thought could be better, and made a better version of it. so thats why i started modeling. so when i said that, i wasn't really trying to imply that i was mad that you didn't like the model, i was more saying that i think its good that you want to try and improve it.
    Just wanna report that the updated version of pokecube seems to change berry IDs, making them all disappear from old save files :( . checked my berry farm, and where there used to be some oran berries that i always used to harvest as well as walking around and not seeing any.
    Quote from inkblot777

And DAMN those ideas would all be great, SPECIALLY random generated Pokemon towns. I got another one to throw in the mix. Make a random regenerated pokemon league :D which requires 8 badges from 8 random generated towns to compete in. Maybe have it so every u only have one go at it with each 8 badges, so once u compete in it, u need to go find another 8 towns until you can try again. All these ideas are probs overloading Manchou's brain xD
    Quote from goga44

Just wanna report that the updated version of pokecube seems to change berry IDs, making them all disappear from old save files :( . checked my berry farm, and where there used to be some oran berries that i always used to harvest as well as walking around and not seeing any.

And DAMN those ideas would all be great, SPECIALLY random generated Pokemon towns. I got another one to throw in the mix. Make a random regenerated pokemon league :D which requires 8 badges from 8 random generated towns to compete in. Maybe have it so every u only have one go at it with each 8 badges, so once u compete in it, u need to go find another 8 towns until you can try again. All these ideas are probs overloading Manchou's brain xD

This is not Structure generation but map making. Not my purpose as the Pokécube modder. But I would be happy to see good maps adding those ideas.
    Quote from Manchou

This is not Structure generation but map making. Not my purpose as the Pokécube modder. But I would be happy to see good maps adding those ideas.

Nah i mean them randomnly generated, its more fun too tbh, similar to vanilla towns, except with pokemon stuff and npcs which u work on, nd then make 1 randomnly generated pokemon league, sort of like the mushroom biome. well just ideas :)
    I've been having a lot of trouble with a bunch of the attacks. The pokemon don't seem to want to use half of them. Attacks like gust, ember, sludge bomb, etc. If I switch to one of those attacks, my pokemon will pretty much just stand there and get attacked until it dies and very rarely actually do the attack. I'm not sure why that is or if I'm just not doing something right. But back before my charmander disappeared, it would die fighting level 2s and 3s when it was level 10 because it just refused to ever use ember.

Also, how is one meant to level up a magikarp that doesn't have tackle? In the original games, you could put magikarp at the start of your team and switch him out immediately to give him some exp so he could level up, but since in this mod, only the killing strike gives exp, I'm just kind of at a loss for how to level him up.

And lastly, do the berries have a purpose yet? And if they do, how do you use them? I know the rowap and jaboca berries can be used to make repel blocks, but the rest of them just seem to pop back out on the ground if I use them on a pokemon. They also turn into cheri berries when I do that, but then they change back if I use them on the pokemon again.
    Quote from DarthMisium

I've been having a lot of trouble with a bunch of the attacks. The pokemon don't seem to want to use half of them. Attacks like gust, ember, sludge bomb, etc. If I switch to one of those attacks, my pokemon will pretty much just stand there and get attacked until it dies and very rarely actually do the attack. I'm not sure why that is or if I'm just not doing something right. But back before my charmander disappeared, it would die fighting level 2s and 3s when it was level 10 because it just refused to ever use ember.

The attacks you mention are all distance attacks. It means the mob must be in a certain distance from its target to be able to hit. If it's stuck against a wall, it can't take the right distance to be able to hit. Avoid little areas to fight. If your mob is stuck, switch to a contact attack or get away from him and it will tp to you. That will make more distance between it and its opponent or just call it back and relaunch it.

RIP Charmander :(
    Quote from DarthMisium

Also, how is one meant to level up a magikarp that doesn't have tackle? In the original games, you could put magikarp at the start of your team and switch him out immediately to give him some exp so he could level up, but since in this mod, only the killing strike gives exp, I'm just kind of at a loss for how to level him up.

At the moment, you just can't.
    Quote from DarthMisium

And lastly, do the berries have a purpose yet? And if they do, how do you use them? I know the rowap and jaboca berries can be used to make repel blocks, but the rest of them just seem to pop back out on the ground if I use them on a pokemon. They also turn into cheri berries when I do that, but then they change back if I use them on the pokemon again.

Yes, they have a purpose: healing. And they can be held by your mob.
    For example, you give a cheri berry to your mob. But it's not paralysed, your mob will hold hit until it's paralysed and then use it to heal himself.
    If you give your mob a cheri berry and then a chesto berry for example, as it can't hold two items, it will pop the cheri.
    At the moment the only way to know what a mob holds is to give it another item.
    Wild mobs can sometimes hold items: Farfetch'd always holds a sugar cane. Slowpoke can sometines hold a king's rock, etc...
    Some Pokemon are textured Help!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes