[v1.6.6] Difficulty+ [v1.1 - UPDATED]

Difficulty+ v1.1
    Installation instructions - unzip the folder, then drag all the .class files into your minecraft.jar, and place the DifficultyModSettings.txt in your .minecraft folder.
    Technical info - edits fz.class, gx.class, and sg.class (EntityArrow, EntityMob, and EntityCreeper). If you find any mods that edits these .class files too, let me know and I will try to make them compatible.

Support this mod!
    Put this banner in your signature!

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/376341-v166-difficulty-v11-updated/"][img]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5926/difficultybanner.png[/img][/url]

This mod doesn't add any items or mobs to the game. It simply increases the mobs attack and health the further away from home you get.
    It also increase creeper explosion radius.

The centre of this can be set in DifficultyModSettings.txt. You can change it to either your respawn point (i.e. the last bed you slept in), your actual spawn point, or the co-ordinate 0, 0. The default is your bed respawn point.

If you feel that 250 blocks is too hard, or too easy, then you can change it in the DifficultyModSettings.txt. Open it using Notepad or similar, and you should see something like:
    Radius: 250
    Middle: 0
    (0 for bed set spawn point
    1 for actual spawn point
    2 for 0, 0)

Change the radius value to whatever you like.

Also, I haven't tested it, but this *should* work for mobs added by other mods too.

Changelog:
    v.1.1 - Added a value in the configuration file to change where the centre is, either your spawn point (i.e.the last bed you slept in), your spawn point, or the coordinate 0, 0.
    v 1.0 - First release.
    Last edited by gnatpat: 6/16/2011 3:35:17 AM

Quote from sw82490 »
    lapiz lazuli could be used to start wars over its mining grounds which could lead to a middle east type situation
    This is a neat mod. :smile.gif:
    Is 0,0 your spawn point, or your respawn point?(spawn is where you start, respawn is your bed)
    Otherwise, great mod!
    Quote from Brain_Cancer

Is 0,0 your spawn point, or your respawn point?(spawn is where you start, respawn is your bed)
    Otherwise, great mod!

0, 0 is literally the 0, 0 coordinate. (press F3 to see your coordinates). :smile.gif: Your spawn is usually somewhere around there.
    Last edited by gnatpat: 6/12/2011 1:15:46 PM

Quote from sw82490 »
    lapiz lazuli could be used to start wars over its mining grounds which could lead to a middle east type situation
    Quote from gnatpat

0, 0 is literally the 0, 0 coordinate. (press F3 to see your coordinates). :smile.gif: Your spawn is usually somewhere around there.

i think you should change it to the spawn since my home's pretty far away from that...

like... 5000 blocks away :/

Quote from straikychan

i think you should change it to the spawn since my home's pretty far away from that...

like... 5000 blocks away :/

That's probably a good idea... I'll do it now :smile.gif:

Quote from sw82490 »
    Quote from gnatpat

That's probably a good idea... I'll do it now :smile.gif:

I'm hoping you're changing it to the spawn point and not the respawn point, right? Cause it would be cool to be able to build an outpost in a difficult area.

And awesome idea, by the way. Pretty basic now, but the idea could be used to actually have different harder mobs spawn farther way, or all sorts of things. Have mobs able to open wooden doors after a certain distance, whatever! Really adds to the progression of the game. Could have a contest to see who can get the furthest away from spawn before just being murdered in one hit by monsters :tongue.gif:
    i think the spawnrate of hostile mobs should be increased incrementally as you venture into further areas of the world

Great mod, i will use this purely because i aply for the fighting!
    Great Mod. Mind if I use it for a modpack?
    Updated to v1.1. Added a value in the configuration file to change where the centre is, either your spawn point (i.e.the last bed you slept in), your spawn point, or the coordinate 0, 0.

Quote from sw82490 »
    Best mod i've seen in a long time. Nice Job!
    Is this sad?
    [SSSS]
    [quote]-snip-[quote]

Im guessing if you go to the Far Lands or somewhere similar, mobs will instakill? ...With diamond armor :Notch:
    Last edited by Wadusher: 6/13/2011 9:03:42 PM
    So does it continue to increase mob health and damage output every ~250 blocks away from the center, or does it cap at some point?
    The reverse side also has a reverse side.
    My Mods: Dungeon Mobs
    if the spawn rate and enemy attack and health increases the further out you go, how about making it so the further away you are from spawn, the ores found there will be stronger or more abundant? so if you are persistant in a tough area, you will be reaping the benifits of better armor and weapons?
    Quote from emb4

if the spawn rate and enemy attack and health increases the further out you go, how about making it so the further away you are from spawn, the ores found there will be stronger or more abundant? so if you are persistant in a tough area, you will be reaping the benifits of better armor and weapons?

An easier thing to do might be to make mobs drop better stuff the farther away you are, different things for each mob.
    Awesome mod! This will definitely quench my thirst for excitement in my map.

:Diamond: for you!
    Quote from KingKostas

Best mod i've seen in a long time. Nice Job!

Thanks! :biggrin.gif:

Quote from Wadusher

Im guessing if you go to the Far Lands or somewhere similar, mobs will instakill? ...With diamond armor :Notch:

Yup, pretty much. Does anyone think they're up to the challenge? :wink.gif:

Quote from GnomeWorks

So does it continue to increase mob health and damage output every ~250 blocks away from the center, or does it cap at some point?

Nope, no cap. They just keep getting stronger. :smile.gif:

Quote from emb4

Quote from ScottyDoesKnow

An easier thing to do might be to make mobs drop better stuff the farther away you are, different things for each mob.

Those are nice ideas... I'll look into them.

Quote from LeonKevlar

Awesome mod! This will definitely quench my thirst for excitement in my map.

:Diamond: for you!

Woo, thanks! :biggrin.gif:

Quote from sw82490 »
    It may not be very great, but it might do untill you find something better :tongue.gif: :

Quote from duartel »
    Quote from Monkah_Boy »
    Quote from DimMyXx »
    Cool.

Story.

Bro.
    Quote from Thescorpi0n

It may not be very great, but it might do untill you find something better :tongue.gif: :

Thanks! :smile.gif:

Quote from sw82490 »
    This looks fantastic. Very nice work.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes