This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

[1.5.1]ID Resolver (Finally updated!)

Allow me to explain for those that are have easily fixable issues.

I installed id resolver on my server and it don't work?! What do?!?!

You MUST have an already created idresolverknownIds.cfg already created and put in your config folder.

Id resolver is conflicting with a mod/modpack? How this be?!

Id resolver is not intended to be used by already created mod packs.Some mods are not made with the ability to change the id's within it. For those mods you will need to set them as a higher priority so that regardless of the event that mod retains its structure. If you are having a problem with a mod and Id resolver chances are this is the issue. There is no such thing as id resolver clashing with a mod. This is an api not a mod within itself.

Through trial and error I've found that forge naturally wants to correct id mismatches. This could be an issue so you MUST 'build' your mod packs. You cannot throw all of the mods in a folder and hope that id resolver will do all the work. You have to put the high priority mods in first and make sure those id's are correct. And then you handle addon's after the fact assigning id's to mods you know can accept new id's.

Quote from JZELITE21

-snip-

This is irrelevant to id resolver. You'll want to contact ftb instead. Just a tip~ STDERR is a standard error device. Forge pumps these out(Good practice?). Your main and most prevalent issue is metallurge shadow ores. Ive had to deal with it. If your using anything from atomic stryker(He uses 4090) you'll need to go ahead and get rid of it.

Quote from EvilKittenz1999

4 sticks and one iron (steves carts 2 wheel recipe) make a (thaumcraft) wand of fire. How would I fix this? and the steves carts recipes arent showing up

Your using id resolver on your client but not your server OR your using it on both client and server but your id resolverknownids.cfg is not the same as your client.

Quote from terra_ff6

Okay I cant use this mod sadly, which is annoying as I cant seem to edit Redpower's IDs if the Redpower mod doesnt load. I get this error.
    I use MultiMC btw.

EDIT: It seems to do this with the latest version of GUIAPI too, I have to use the version before the latest one just to have a working GUIAPI.

java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
    at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.processImpl(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader$2.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Resource.cachedInputStream(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Resource.getByteBuffer(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at MultiMCLauncher.main(MultiMCLauncher.java:131)

First rebuild your modpack and make sure you have a working version. Then manually put both idresolver and guiapi in your coremods folder only. This looks like you threw it in the wrong directory.

In multimc you can do so by using the "go to this folder" and then going into the coremods folder and dropping it in.

Quote from maiky129

Ehhm... I have some ­loads of mods, and some were conflicted. Si i put this file in the coremods, and i get this message when i start up minecraft...

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game

A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\Maiky\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-02-10_15.21.27-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 1e7755cc --------
    Full report at:
    C:\Users\Maiky\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-02-10_15.21.27-client.txt
    Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 10.02.13 15:21

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
    Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.7.0_09, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 391485272 bytes (373 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP v7.26a FML v4.7.32.553 Minecraft Forge 6.6.1.524 51 mods loaded, 51 mods active
    mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    RubeAurora [Mr. Rube's Aurora Mod] (AuroraRubealis_v101_For_147.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    GuiAPI [GuiAPI] (GuiAPI-0.15.2-1.4.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    jammyfurniture [Jammy Furniture Mod] (1.4.7_Jammy_Furniture_Mod_V4.1.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
    mod_ReiMinimap [mod_ReiMinimap] ([1.4.7]ReiMinimap_v3.2_06.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    CustomSpawner [DrZhark's CustomSpawner] (CustomMobSpawner 1.11.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    MoCreatures [DrZhark's Mo'Creatures Mod] (DrZharks MoCreatures Mod v4.5.1.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    mod_InvTweaks [Inventory Tweaks] (InventoryTweaks_v1.49_(1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    GetAllTheSeeds [Pam's Get all the Seeds!] (Pam's Get all the Seeds 1.5 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCApple [Pam's HarvestCraft Apple] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Apple 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCAvocado [Pam's HarvestCraft Avocado] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Avocado 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCBean [Pam's HarvestCraft Bean] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Bean 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCBellpepper [Pam's HarvestCraft Bellpepper] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Bellpepper 1.02 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCBlackberry [Pam's HarvestCraft Blackberry] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Blackberry 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCBlueberry [Pam's HarvestCraft Blueberry] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Blueberry 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCCandle [Pam's HarvestCraft Candle] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Candle 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCCherry [Pam's HarvestCraft Cherry] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Cherry 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCChilipepper [Pam's HarvestCraft Chilipepper] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Chili Pepper 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCCorn [Pam's HarvestCraft Corn] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Corn 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCCotton [Pam's HarvestCraft Cotton] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Cotton 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCCranberry [Pam's HarvestCraft Cranberry] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Cranberry 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCCucumber [Pam's HarvestCraft Cucumber] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Cucumber 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCGrape [Pam's HarvestCraft Grape] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Grape 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCKiwi [Pam's HarvestCraft Kiwi] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Kiwi 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCLemon [Pam's HarvestCraft Lemon] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Lemon 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCLettuce [Pam's HarvestCraft Lettuce] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Lettuce 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCNutmeg [Pam's HarvestCraft Nutmeg] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Nutmeg 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCOnion [Pam's HarvestCraft Onion] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Onion 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCPeanut [Pam's HarvestCraft Peanut] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Peanut 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCPear [Pam's HarvestCraft Pear] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Pear 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCPlum [Pam's HarvestCraft Plum] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Plum 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCRaspberry [Pam's HarvestCraft Raspberry] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Raspberry 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCRice [Pam's HarvestCraft Rice] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Rice 1.03 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCSalt [Pam's HarvestCraft - Salt] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Salt 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCSpiceleaf [Pam's HarvestCraft Spiceleaf] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Spice Leaf 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCStrawberry [Pam's HarvestCraft Strawberry] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Strawberry 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCSunflower [Pam's HarvestCraft Sunflower] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Sunflower 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCTomato [Pam's HarvestCraft Tomato] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Tomato 1.01 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCWalnut [Pam's HarvestCraft Walnut] (Pam's HarvestCraft - Walnut 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCWhitemushroom [Pam's HarvestCraft Whitemushroom] (Pam's HarvestCraft - White Mushroom 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    MelonSpawn [Pam's Melon Spawn] (Pam's Melon Spawn 1.3 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    SimpleRecipes [Pam's Simple Recipes] (Pam's Simple Recipes 1.8.1 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    PamHCSink [Pam's HarvestCraft Sink] (Pam's Sink Mod 1.0 (MC 1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    awger_Punt [Punt] (punt.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
    Thaumcraft [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft3.0.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    mod_Timber [Timber!] (Timber! (1.4.6).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    IDResolver [ID Resolver] (IDResolver-1.4.6.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: GeForce 610M/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.2.0, NVIDIA Corporation
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Texture Pack: Default
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unhandled exception in ConflictHelper.
    at sharose.mods.idresolver.IDResolver.conflictHelper(IDResolver.java:491)
    at sharose.mods.idresolver.IDResolver.getConflictedItemID(IDResolver.java:995)
    at sharose.mods.idresolver.IDResolverBasic.getConflictedItemID(IDResolverBasic.java:144)
    at up.<init>(Item.java:722)
    at awger.mods.punt.ItemPunt.<init>(ItemPunt.java:24)
    at awger.mods.punt.Punt.preInit(Punt.java:67)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:153)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:86)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:505)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:161)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:410)
    at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:744)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sharose.mods.guiapi.GuiWidgetScreen.layout(GuiWidgetScreen.java:126)
    at sharose.mods.idresolver.IDResolver.drawLoadingScreen(IDResolver.java:2966)
    at sharose.mods.idresolver.IDResolver.runConflict(IDResolver.java:2991)
    at sharose.mods.idresolver.IDResolver.conflictHelper(IDResolver.java:474)
    ... 35 more
    --- END ERROR REPORT cd92ac6c ----------

awger_Punt [Punt] (punt.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored

I believe that is the elegant punt mod? The boat mod.(Thats only for 1.4.5) Regardless take that out if it is or isn't- its whats causing the crash.

Quote from ZauberExonar

I am having an issue where after the first ID Resolver button I click, subsequent attempts to click a button require me to click them several times before they go through. Either that, or force-kill minecraft and restart it, hoping nothing gets screwed up.

Due to my aforementioned problems with clicks not registering right, I would like this option too.

The button is called; Automatically Assign to all from this mod. Thats the best you will ever be able to get~ (Due to the obvious nature of this mod...)
    Quote from LegendaryKoala

Id resolver is not intended to be used by already created mod packs.

Who are you? I am just a little confused since your name is not on the OP. Are you the mod maker? And if not, can you explain where you get your knowledge of what this mod is intended for?

I guess I can see some reason why what you claim MIGHT be true... see my comment on page 157. However, I have found it useful for precisely that purpose. But if your claim is correct, then I can certainly understand that the mod maker can make no guarantees for such a use of it.

Some mods are not made with the ability to change the id's within it. For those mods you will need to set them as a higher priority so that regardless of the event that mod retains its structure.

What do you mean by "abiity to change the id's within it"? If you mean mods that provide no configs to change the id numbers of the blocks and items they add, then this doesn't make any sense.

ID Resolver appears to be a kind of front end that re-indexes the ids so that it can change the ids used by a mod even though it has no config files where you can change the ids yourself. I know this because I have done it and it works. Though I can imagine that it is possible that such an approach may not work for some mods because of how they use the id numbers - and perhaps that is what you were referring to.

I have used Id_resolver to add a mod, with no config file or ability to change its item and block ids, to a mod combo I already had set up, and id resolver enabled me to change the ids used by the added mod so that it would work with the other mods without changing the ids used by the other mods and messing up the saved games. It was a pain in the butt because you cannot use the automatic feature but you have to click ok for every single item and block of the original mod combo, one by one -- but given that little inconvenience, it does work.
    Last edited by mitchmac: 2/13/2013 2:54:32 PM
    Quote from mitchmac

Who are you? I am just a little confused since your name is not on the OP. Are you the mod maker? And if not, can you explain where you get your knowledge of what this mod is intended for?

My name is Koala~ refer to me as such thank you ^.^ As for who I am? I'm just a koala that wanted to possibly help and enlighten those seeking help but have yet to realize why the mod creator does not respond.

I guess I can see some reason why what you claim MIGHT be true... see my comment on page 157. However, I have found it useful for precisely that purpose. But if your claim is correct, then I can certainly understand that the mod maker can make no guarantees for such a use of it.

Read the op. The purpose of the mod was to make it so two mods that normally would conflict with id's can now be played together seamlessly without the hassle of manually rewriting id's. It was not fashioned nor created to be the solve all end all problems for anyone's intended mod pack.Though it can and may be used within any modpack for those that so choose and see fit. Thank you however for attempting to 'put me in my place'.

What do you mean by "ability to change the id's within it"? If you mean mods that provide no configs to change the id numbers of the blocks and items they add, then this doesn't make any sense.
    -snips the rest of the dribble-

Here is a new quote.

This mod is usually easy to work with. If your mod is crashing if your block is reassigned, most often than not it is due to referencing the block ID. If you need to use it, you ALWAYS need to reference it like so:

Some mods have incorrect methods~ which call for a specific id, not a get itemid string. This is what I am talking about but to someone that does not understand this they will naturally thing this is an issue with idresolver and not the mod which cause the issue truly.

Before you care to enlighten these forums with your commentary please do so in a manner that is constructive. I answered the most recent questions and If I am incorrect in any way for any specific issue, thats all part of the troubleshooting process.

Good day ^.^
    What are loose settings? What does it mean?
    Loose settings are when you either remove a mod or id's have been changed. The name is intended to be what it is~ loose settings that are no longer used. You won't need to free up these settings but if you are still adding to your id dictionary you may want to free them up for space reasons ^.^

My name is Koala~ refer to me as such thank you ^.^ As for who I am? I'm just a koala that wanted to possibly help and enlighten those seeking help but have yet to realize why the mod creator does not respond.

So why is it that he doesnt respond? What are we supposed to realise?
    All of the mods I use are described and linked in my Profile page, plus hints and tips on how to use them.
    Quote from MohawkyMagoo

So why is it that he doesnt respond? What are we supposed to realise?

Because most of the issues people present have been answered in the op. I'm not saying he clearly explains your issue and has the appropriate answer, but all of the issues I saw on the last page only need 20 minutes of searching and you would have been able figure out your issue.

~aside from the Stderr in the server console.
    When I update some of my mods, IDResolver just ­s up and I have to like assign all IDs manually, which is PAIN. How can I make when I update a mod, it will not want to assign them again? Like if I did not have any IDResolver config at all, it just ignores it
    Last edited by DragonCz: 2/14/2013 1:39:37 PM

Because most of the issues people present have been answered in the op. I'm not saying he clearly explains your issue and has the appropriate answer, but all of the issues I saw on the last page only need 20 minutes of searching and you would have been able figure out your issue.

~aside from the Stderr in the server console.

Really? Theres nothing in the OP that says anything about the issue i'm experiencing. I cant figure out whats happening with ID Resolver, which is why i'm asking the question. Your answers are starting to border on the patronisingly rude and offensive area.

People ask questions because they want help - even if it is described in the OP - everyone misses something at some point that might be blatently obvious, and just want pointing in the right direction - NOT - as you are doing - arrogantly belittling people and talking down to them. As for someone asking who you are - thats a perfectly legitimate question - as you have no apparant connection to the mod or modder listed.
    Last edited by MohawkyMagoo: 2/14/2013 4:39:44 PM
    All of the mods I use are described and linked in my Profile page, plus hints and tips on how to use them.
    Quote from MohawkyMagoo

Really? Theres nothing in the OP that says anything about the issue i'm experiencing. I cant figure out whats happening with ID Resolver, which is why i'm asking the question. Your answers are starting to border on the patronisingly rude and offensive area.

People ask questions because they want help - even if it is described in the OP - everyone misses something at some point that might be blatently obvious, and just want pointing in the right direction - NOT - as you are doing - arrogantly belittling people and talking down to them. As for someone asking who you are - thats a perfectly legitimate question - as you have no apparant connection to the mod or modder listed.

I see~ Well what you haven't seen is the same person continued the conversation correctly in a private message to which we both gained an understanding(at least so I think).

As for 'seeming' arrogant; thats a complete matter of opinion. Again much like I asked the poster before you, show me where the information I post was unhelpful nor addressing the issue directly? If your talking about the first two paragraphs, take what you will from it but the goal was to help those that might have had those questions(in any way shape or form).

You can point your finger at me, and call me a meanie for not trying to babysit your emotions. But I don't want to be a bad guy, and doing so only makes it so people like myself~ which can, do, and want to help ~ not want to post in forums like this.

Lets address your issue.

Id resolver randomly calls a false stack trace and then tries to reassign all of your id's. Well because I am not the creator I don't really know which method he uses to check for new id's but I know of two reasons why this may be caused.From what I've said already Forge naturally wants to correct id conflicts.

Depending on the state Minecraft forge loads up it may reassign id's it deems necessary(Normally this only happens on a small scale client side, but it will readily attempt this server side).

The second reason is the order in which id resolver loads. I haven't a clue how id resolver addresses its mods but I will try and explain this the best way I can.
    Say you have mod A and mod B. Mod A loads first so those id's are sent through without any notice, but Mod B needs some of Mod A's id slots. Id resolver will then give Mod B new id's in this event and only in this event (if and only if the id's are already being used.) However tuesday is a special day, and for some reason Mod B loads before Mod A (this is where I dont know why it does this, but it does this), Mod B is given its original id's whilst mod A is then asked to be assigned id's.

This is what really is happening, and the only way to control this is by setting priority configurations. Find out which mods conflict with the other, and then set a priority for said mod. Give mod A a priority of 1 and Mod B a priority of 0 and Mod A will always load before Mod B. You will never be asked to assign id's you have already assigned.

Now I know this seems simple to myself but nowhere in the op is this explained~ which is why I took my time to explain it to you. Something you need to consider is someone elses time Mohawk. Though the point of this forum is to help each other, I nor the op nor any mod is obligated to answer questions already addressed(be it in the op or in the forum thread somewhere amongst the hundred of pages). So if the way I approach answering a question offends you, take it with a grain of salt my friend because the only other option is to not have the question answered at all ^.^
    Hooookay then. I finally got around to reading through the thread and there's a few things I need to address here.

Most of the issues 'are' addressed in the OP, though there are a few things I'll specifically note.

The people getting class not found exceptions for guiapi seem to be using the old version of ID resolver which 'did' have these exceptions, and I'm not sure why you would be using the old versions. Regardless, seems like other posters saw that and alerted them to it. I don't think I'll bother adding that to the OP since "check for updates" should be a first step after getting issues anyways.

With MCRocks999's issue, the only thing I can suggest is to update your drivers. I've been trying to figure out what causes twl to cause that exception, and neither me nor MatthiasM have any idea what causes openGL to throw that exception. The only thing I've been able to see is it only happens on very low end chipsets, and I found that your driver revision seems to be dated from may 2012. I'll admit, not sure if that'll help, but if it does let me know. If it doesn't I wouldn't mind you contacting me either, I've been trying to find someone willing to run debug versions of twl for that issue for over a year now, and nobody ever contacts me back.

For maiky129's problem, checking into it it seems as though something is setting minecraftInstance to null, and I'm not sure how or why. Does this happen all the time? Can you check and see if disabling some of your mods resolves the issue?

And for everyone talking about SteveCarts on the server: I am not sure why that mod just isn't working on the server. I found that issue when I had people doing private tests too, and it's only Stevecarts that does it. I never was able to figure out what it was doing, unless it's adding blocks only when on a dedicated server (Which would be a bug for him in all honesty).

With jakane and dwizz13: You guys are looking at the actual IDs file, not the mod priorities right?

And on the issues people are having with the "no ids found" issue on the server, it does print the entire path. Make sure again it's there correctly.

Finally, with MohawkyMagoo's and Furious1964's issue (regarding cached stacktraces getting reset causing config wipes), I have NO IDEA what is going on there. I read through the code on that area twice and it should be bulletproof: it doesn't even leave ID resolver's code there, so I'm not sure what's going on. It'd be great if either of you could provide a list of mods you have to see if I can figure out what's going on, as it's really to the point in which I'm suspecting something is using bytecode modification on ID resolver and causing it to mess something up.
    Quote from ShaRose

Finally, with MohawkyMagoo's and Furious1964's issue (regarding cached stacktraces getting reset causing config wipes), I have NO IDEA what is going on there. I read through the code on that area twice and it should be bulletproof: it doesn't even leave ID resolver's code there, so I'm not sure what's going on. It'd be great if either of you could provide a list of mods you have to see if I can figure out what's going on, as it's really to the point in which I'm suspecting something is using bytecode modification on ID resolver and causing it to mess something up.

Thanks for the response Sharose.

The mods i'm currently running are:

ForgeUniversal497

Core mods: CodeChickenCore0.7.1.0 / GUIAPI0.15.2-1.4.6 / IDResolver 1.4.6.1 / NotEnoughItems

1.4.7ReisMinimap-v3.3_076 / 1.4.7Amazopack1.0 / Metallurgy Core2.4.2 + sub mods BaseMetals, EnderMetals, PreciousMetals,UtilityOres / BetterworldPAF-1.8b / BiomesOPlenty / ExtrabiomesXL3.8.0 / FancyFencesv2.4 / Atmosmobs / Catapult_Mod-0.8.6.133 / Coralmod1.4.6 / CraftGuide-1.6.512 / CrossbowMod2 147 / CustomMobSpawner1.11 / CustomNPC's1.4.6 / MoCreatures4.5.0 / DungeonMobsv1.11.2 / EnchantingPlus1.12.2 / FishingCraft1.1.1 / MobSpawnControls1.4.6.2 / GemsPlus1.4.7 / Goblins / HouseholdGods1.4.6 / Matmos / Minions1.4.6 / MoreInstantBlocks2.0 / PamsMods: Seeds/HarvestCraft/Recipes/Sink / PrimitiveMods1.2.1 / ProjectZuluComplete0.6.3b / ElegantPunt / RopePlus1.4.6 / Ruins1.4.6 / TwilightForest1.15.0 / Balkons weaponmod / Whitehall(Punt) / FormivoresGeneratormod
    Last edited by MohawkyMagoo: 2/15/2013 2:51:24 AM

Well because I am not the creator I don't really know

Thanks for attempting to help, but, the quote above says it all. On some issues and some problems only the mod creator can make worthwhile comment.

Sometimes, in attempting to help, when you dont know specifically what you are talking about, you can cause as many problems as you solve.
    All my mods are already assigned priorities. This is not a problem thats going to be resolved that way.
    Alright good sir, I'm tired and though I don't believe you meant to say anything offensive in the slightest (trust me I mean this) I won't comment anymore. I hope you figure out what's causing the issue and fix it.
    Hello, soo I do everything like it is described, everything works fine on SSP, but on SMP it throws error I do not know how to solve (I did not found solution)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:486)
    at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:86)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
    at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:64)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458)
    at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Caught exception from BuildCraft|Energy
    java.lang.RuntimeException: IDResolver - No mapping found for signature BlockID.1521|buildcraft.BuildCraftEnergy, please make sure mappings are complete.
    at sharose.mods.idresolver.IDResolverBasic.getConflictedBlockID(IDResolverBasic.java:125)
    at amq.<init>(Block.java)
    at amq.<init>(Block.java:359)
    at akx.<init>(BlockFluid.java:17)
    at akz.<init>(SourceFile:10)
    at buildcraft.energy.BlockOilStill.<init>(BlockOilStill.java:23)
    at buildcraft.BuildCraftEnergy.initialize(BuildCraftEnergy.java:123)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)
    at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:86)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Caught exception from BuildCraft|Builders
    java.lang.RuntimeException: IDResolver - No mapping found for signature ItemID.19361|buildcraft.BuildCraftBuilders, please make sure mappings are complete.
    at sharose.mods.idresolver.IDResolverBasic.getConflictedItemID(IDResolverBasic.java:163)
    at up.<init>(Item.java:722)
    at buildcraft.core.ItemBuildCraft.<init>(ItemBuildCraft.java:19)
    at buildcraft.builders.ItemBptBase.<init>(ItemBptBase.java:27)
    at buildcraft.builders.ItemBptTemplate.<init>(ItemBptTemplate.java:6)
    at buildcraft.BuildCraftBuilders.initialize(BuildCraftBuilders.java:233)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Caught exception from BuildCraft|Transport
    java.lang.RuntimeException: IDResolver - No mapping found for signature BlockID.1513|buildcraft.BuildCraftTransport, please make sure mappings are complete.
    at sharose.mods.idresolver.IDResolverBasic.getConflictedBlockID(IDResolverBasic.java:125)
    at akb.<init>(BlockContainer.java:11)
    at buildcraft.transport.BlockGenericPipe.<init>(BlockGenericPipe.java:49)
    at buildcraft.BuildCraftTransport.preInitialize(BuildCraftTransport.java:264)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.RuntimeException: IDResolver - No mapping found for signature BlockID.1509|buildcraft.BuildCraftFactory, please make sure mappings are complete.
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at sharose.mods.idresolver.IDResolverBasic.getConflictedBlockID(IDResolverBasic.java:125)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at amq.<init>(Block.java)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at buildcraft.factory.BlockFrame.<init>(BlockFrame.java:33)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at buildcraft.BuildCraftFactory.initialize(BuildCraftFactory.java:180)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:486)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:86)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:64)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
    2013-02-15 19:04:45 [SEVERE] [Minecraft] Encountered an unexpected exception RuntimeException
    java.lang.RuntimeException: IDResolver - No mapping found for signature BlockID.1509|buildcraft.BuildCraftFactory, please make sure mappings are complete.
    at buildcraft.factory.BlockFrame.<init>(BlockFrame.java:33)
    at buildcraft.BuildCraftFactory.initialize(BuildCraftFactory.java:180)

Also, another problem:
    When I copy the files to my server via WinSCP FTP Client, the game tries to assign the IDs again. And yes, I am copying, not moving it.
    Last edited by DragonCz: 2/15/2013 3:29:38 PM
    Quote from MohawkyMagoo

Thanks for attempting to help, but, the quote above says it all. On some issues and some problems only the mod creator can make worthwhile comment.

Sometimes, in attempting to help, when you dont know specifically what you are talking about, you can cause as many problems as you solve.
    All my mods are already assigned priorities. This is not a problem thats going to be resolved that way.

I find your response to LegendaryKoala to be negative. And I want to chime in on this.
    He responded. And if you really do know the basics of Minecraft mod utilization his information was helpful and informative.

Reading your repsonse smacks of, ONLY THE MOD CREATOR SHOULD RESPOND.
    Which is silly to expect.
    When someone offers assistance that is constructive, how about you take it or not.
    Don't go on a multi paragraph breakdown of his posts on why they should not try to assist.

It is responses like yours that make others not want to help people.
    Quote from MohawkyMagoo

Thanks for the response Sharose.

The mods i'm currently running are:

ForgeUniversal497

Core mods: CodeChickenCore0.7.1.0 / GUIAPI0.15.2-1.4.6 / IDResolver 1.4.6.1 / NotEnoughItems

1.4.7ReisMinimap-v3.3_076 / 1.4.7Amazopack1.0 / Metallurgy Core2.4.2 + sub mods BaseMetals, EnderMetals, PreciousMetals,UtilityOres / BetterworldPAF-1.8b / BiomesOPlenty / ExtrabiomesXL3.8.0 / FancyFencesv2.4 / Atmosmobs / Catapult_Mod-0.8.6.133 / Coralmod1.4.6 / CraftGuide-1.6.512 / CrossbowMod2 147 / CustomMobSpawner1.11 / CustomNPC's1.4.6 / MoCreatures4.5.0 / DungeonMobsv1.11.2 / EnchantingPlus1.12.2 / FishingCraft1.1.1 / MobSpawnControls1.4.6.2 / GemsPlus1.4.7 / Goblins / HouseholdGods1.4.6 / Matmos / Minions1.4.6 / MoreInstantBlocks2.0 / PamsMods: Seeds/HarvestCraft/Recipes/Sink / PrimitiveMods1.2.1 / ProjectZuluComplete0.6.3b / ElegantPunt / RopePlus1.4.6 / Ruins1.4.6 / TwilightForest1.15.0 / Balkons weaponmod / Whitehall(Punt) / FormivoresGeneratormod

I've got them all and I still can't seem to repro it. Anything you can do to cause it to happen or is it just random?

Alright good sir, I'm tired and though I don't believe you meant to say anything offensive in the slightest (trust me I mean this) I won't comment anymore. I hope you figure out what's causing the issue and fix it.

Quote from MohawkyMagoo

You took what he said out of context lol, mans just trying to help and as blunt as he is, hes not being rude lol. I can understand your frustration however, considering that when I have issues with minecraft I tend to get flustered too, especially when researching something vague
    You chose to believe, even if it wasn't true. That's all.
    ShaRose The real reason I came on here was to tell you that your mod is FANTASTIC.
    It helped me with my little mod group of over 1000 renumberings.
    THANKS
    Quote from ShaRose

I've got them all and I still can't seem to repro it. Anything you can do to cause it to happen or is it just random?

It seems to be entirely random. Its happened five times now in two months I think. The odd thing about this last couple of instances is that no new mods had been added, nothing changed or taken away, it was the same set ups, same configs, same mods, same Forge etc. After the first time it happened I started backing up my entire .minecraft folder on a regular basis. The last time this issue happened I had backed up about ten minutes previously. Reloaded the entire thing, restarted - no crash, everything worked as normal and has done since. Still frequently backing up though as when it does happen I just lose everything and worlds turn to garbage with mismatched ID's.

Sorry man, I actually didnt mean to offend you, reread what I wrote and can see how it came across wrong.
    Last edited by MohawkyMagoo: 2/16/2013 5:58:10 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes