This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

Eloraam's Mods (RedPower 2 Prerelease 6)

Quote from XenoXidal

Hmmm, so 1.2.4 or higher client users got to wait for the update?

According to the thread title, yes.

and also common sense.

Also remember to wrap your error reports on spoiler tags. Just do:

[spoiler]error report[/spoiler]
    Last edited by Sage_Harpuia: 4/5/2012 8:10:56 AM
    Quote from XenoXidal

Mods loaded: 5
    ModLoader 1.2.5
    mod_ModLoaderMp 1.2.5v1
    mod_MinecraftForge 2.0.0.67
    mod_ReiMinimap v3.0_04 [1.2.4]
    mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr4e

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT c807a61d --------
    Generated 4/5/12 9:02 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
    Java: 1.6.0_31, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: GeForce GT 520/PCIe/SSE2 version 4.2.0, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: mod_RedPowerCore, method: initialize signature: ()V) Incompatible argument to function
    at mod_RedPowerLighting.initialize(mod_RedPowerLighting.java:29)
    at mod_RedPowerLighting.modsLoaded(mod_RedPowerLighting.java:13)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:899)
    at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
    at ahu.<init>(ahu.java:77)
    at ahu.<clinit>(ahu.java:8)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:395)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:732)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT f6b0b3eb ----------

Hmmm, so 1.2.4 or higher client users got to wait for the update?

It doesn't work on 1.2.4. What makes you think it will work for 1.2.5?

EDIT: damn ninjas stealing my cake
    Last edited by namAehT: 4/5/2012 8:11:33 AM
    I miss a r.circuit which makes this without the first part
    Last edited by maxi97: 4/5/2012 9:48:04 AM
    Quote from maxi97

If you use RedPower wiring you won't need it
    Last edited by ozBillo: 4/5/2012 11:58:40 AM
    Quote from maxi97

I don't get if you want an inverter (NOT gate) or a repeater (advanced repeater), but both are in RP.
    Quote from jatie1

First mod i've ever seen that has no 'update plz' spam! Congratz Eloraam!

You must have just got here. If you've been around more than a day or two you're bound to see it.

"I'm not fair game. I'm not a soft target. It's over. There's a new sheriff in town. And he has an army of assassins."
    Quote from maxi97

Quote from ozBillo

If you use RedPower wirring you won't need it

Quote from Sage Harpuia

I don't get if you want an inverter (NOT gate) or a repeater (advanced repeater), but both are in RP.

i think he's just saying he misses it. i hate nostalgia
    Quote from namAehT

I miss nostalgia
    SUGESTION:

Um, Eloraam, I just had a thought. The RP pipes are supposed to be pneumatic tubes correct? Like those old style large store/factory paperwork/small item shuffling systems (I've actually seen a mechanical one IRL back in the day - some funky **** that was). Any idea if we're ever going to get a vacuum pump (bluetricity driven - since it'd need an electric motor) to power tube networks? (Positing some form of item called a motor that uses your spools of copper wire in it's recipe - I could see it for making frame engines so it makes sense that you would have already thought of it and/or implemented it for pr5)

Simplest: just require at least one pump hooked up and working to each distinct tube network (in line devices counting as tubes for the purposes of connecting disjoint tube networks) for the pipes to be usable.

More Complex: (still a simplification but it'll do for now) ok, air pressure at sea level is what 15 psi? Say your vacuum can remove 1psi/block per tic until it the network reaches 5psi and that the network vacuum needs to be at least 8 psi for the system to move stuff around. (psi/block = the amount of "air" necessary to raise a single section of tube up by 1psi - and conversely the amount of air who's removal would lower the psi by 1). Each time an item is placed in the tube network it adds 7-10 psi/block to the "air" in the network. so a network of 10 pipes would have a total of 150 psi/block of air when it's built and before you hook up the vacuum to it. Then hooking the vacuum up to it would cause the air in the system to drop down to 50 psi/block each item introduced into the system would necessitate the removal of 15 psi/block ove time. this would boost the amount of psi/block up to 65 wich would corespond to 6.5 psi for the entire system of 10 tubes/devices. For real fun you'd probably want some form of air reservoir that contains quite a bit of air that would need to be pumped out to serve as a "reservoir" so each item does not individually introduce a large drop in system vacuum.

REALY COMPLEX: have each psi/block take more tics to remove as the average pressure in the network reaches floor pressure the vacuum is rated for. have the speed of the blocks depend on the difference between the current pressure of the system and 15psi. Have different vacuum blocks that are rated at different floor presures. Definitely implement vacuum reservoirs. Probably allow for separate vacume pipes that are not part of the item transport system so you could hook up different secitons of tubing to the same pneumatic network.

Just an idea. Not asking for it to be implemented. It just popped in my mind and I thought I should pass it on. Don't kill me. Please.
    @Letrange
    Don't worry, we won't kill people just because they have a suggestion :D
    To be fair, I also thought of something like this, but I realized that maybe it was:
    1-too laggy(?), but I'm unsure as I don't know how the tubing system work.
    2-too complex for the common use of tubes?

However if it could be implemented, it could be done also with machines taking away pressure when they operate (so there is no need to count item and such), with higher machine like the retriver would just use more "pressure" instead of consuming BT, and would simplify a bit the design of the complex tubes mechanism, as they would require BT (but a lot) only in the "pressure generator" block.
    Quote from Sage Harpuia

@Letrange
    Don't worry, we won't kill people just because they have a suggestion :D
    To be fair, I also thought of something like this, but I realized that maybe it was:
    1-too laggy(?), but I'm unsure as I don't know how the tubing system work.
    2-too complex for the common use of tubes?

However if it could be implemented, it could be done also with machines taking away pressure when they operate (so there is no need to count item and such), with higher machine like the retriver would just use more "pressure" instead of consuming BT, and would simplify a bit the design of the complex tubes mechanism, as they would require BT (but a lot) only in the "pressure generator" block.

That's why I had that "simple" entry.
    Quote from HeadHunter67

You must have just got here. If you've been around more than a day or two you're bound to see it.

At the moment though it's more "Pls don't update until PR5 is ready"
    Quote from Greys0

At the moment though it's more "Pls don't update until PR5 is ready"

I agree with that Pr5 first, Eloraam should not feel pressured with trying to update to every single release cause the new hires feel they need to prove themselves. fast releases are prefered yes, but until there is a full mod support fast releases of the base game are detrimental to the modding community. (and those that use mods)

She should concentrate on what she has the most fun with.

Also if you really like mods pre full mod support, then you should know about mcnostalgila or learn to backup your jars. (and i expect full mod support will take a few releases at least after the official mod API. I really hope as part of the data they are gathering is which mods we have installed so they can priotize which mod APIS they need to suport)
    Now we've got liquid transfer pipes to look forward to? The list just keeps getting bigger! :blink: Now I must know how they work! Will they use a pressure system? Will gravity have an effect on them? Will they simply be bidirectional item transfer pipes like Buildcraft's? What happens when you break a pipe with a liquid inside? Ooh the questions...

I heard also that heat transfer is going to be implemented? The thermopile is going to have a lot of attention soon. It's amazing how a redstone overhaul mod has turned into all this, but I'm curious what the direction is.

Quote from Stratagerm

[quote=Stormphraxl;/comments/23974245]

Quote from jatie1

It happens... and the community here completely ignores them, thus causing far less then most other threads which respond with anything really
    Quote from YotaXP

There is a difference between asking for a mod to update, and asking IF it will update. It's a totally valid question, since 1.2.4 was skipped. Cool that trigger finger.

I agree. Particularly considering it isn't possible to search for "1.2.5".
    And, if someone asks "Will it be" and gets a "No" then that's there for others to see.

Quote from YotaXP

Also, was that post deleted? I couldn't seem to find it to quote...

Yes, apparently it was.
    Last edited by ozBillo: 4/5/2012 3:28:47 PM
    Quote from namAehT

Quote from ozBillo

I miss nostalgia

I am a pretty nostalgic person (80-90 tv shows-music) with good things, basically I don´t feel nothing nostalgic about something soo complicated, antifun, not efficient (tons of lag duh), not user friendly as the vanilla redstone (at last dead for good).

Oh you smell like summer...

We will see =_=
    Last edited by Dreamlash: 4/5/2012 3:33:52 PM
    I´am The Queen :3
    Quote from YotaXP

Now we've got liquid transfer pipes to look forward to? The list just keeps getting bigger! :blink: Now I must know how they work! Will they use a pressure system? Will gravity have an effect on them? Will they simply be bidirectional item transfer pipes like Buildcraft's? What happens when you break a pipe with a liquid inside? Ooh the questions...

One direction only as far as i can see. Eloraam has also set it up like how pumps are supposed to be placed and that is IN the pipeline instead of at the beginning (it even makes me think of a centrifugal pump with motor, though, a bit more square like).

I would like to see gravity play a role in the system like a pump can't pull water that is lower than 10 blocks (meters) from where the pump is and that the pump would use more BT for every block the destination is higher than the pump, instead of needing a stronger pump when needing to pump higher (would need a lot more coding though, if even possible, and i do not want Eloraam to overwork herself trying to implement such a feature) (would be awesome if she did though).

What would happen if you break a pipe? It will probably seal both sides of the pipe line. nothing more.

Quote from YotaXP

I heard also that heat transfer is going to be implemented? The thermopile is going to have a lot of attention soon. It's amazing how a redstone overhaul mod has turned into all this, but I'm curious what the direction is.

Actually it started with the "Redstone pipe mod" a buildcraft add-on that would send a signal when a item travels through it. after that came a older version of the timer. Also mainly for replacement of the repeater clocks BC needed in order to operate the machines. Then more logic tiles where added and "integrated redstone" was born. After that wiring came in followed by lighting and then "Redpower" was officially part of the minecraft modding community!

*This small piece of RP history is powered by Airwolf RP productions* XD
    Last edited by Airwolf: 4/5/2012 3:56:36 PM
    Quote from Dreamlash

I am a pretty nostalgic person (80-90 tv shows-music) with good things, basically I don´t feel nothing nostalgic about something soo complicated, antifun, not efficient (tons of lag duh), not user friendly as the vanilla redstone (at last dead for good).

Vanilla Redstone is a shinning example of poor implementation, as such it should be remembered simply to show us what we shouldn't do. If that system didn't also cause pistons to behave poorly, we could declare it dead. Unfortunately, we'll likely have that gremlin to remind us of it forever.
    Quote from Airwolf

I would like to see gravity play a role in the system like a pump can't pull water that is lower than 10 blocks (meters) from where the pump is and that the pump would use more BT for every block the destination is higher than the pump, instead of needing a stronger pump when needing to pump higher (would need a lot more coding though, if even possible, and i do not want Eloraam to overwork herself trying to implement such a feature) (would be awesome if she did though).

If she were to choose to do that, shouldn't I be able to create a negative pressure from a higher placed source to suction it up? In doing so, wouldn't that let me create BT instead of consuming it to complete the operation? Personally, I'd love me some BT watermills. Watermills are rather silly in MC given the nature of source-blocks.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes