This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

Eloraam's Mods (RedPower 2 Prerelease 6)

Quote from Sage Harpuia

Only sunlight, or it would be too easy...(use thermophiles if you need Bluetricity underground or in the nether)
    EDIT: to be more precise, they need to have all the block above to be air.

thanks.
    i build a block place and distroy-endless system with the tubes and all the suff, quite happy with that right about now.. it's useless, butt hey, it's working :D
    Quote from Yijare

thanks.
    i build a block place and distroy-endless system with the tubes and all the suff, quite happy with that right about now.. it's useless, butt hey, it's working :D

LOL
    That's the first thing I did with tubes, too XD
    Quote from Yijare

thanks.

care to post up some pics? (press f2 ingame, then you can upload to imgur or something, theres a screenshots folder in your .minecraft)
    I Know This Isnt Redpower 2 Related But I Really Need Help

i have installed modloadermp and forge the most recent recommended version 46 i think to my server but it wont let me log in it gives me the error message

java exception: string data size of 58720202560 is higher than the max

any help or advice on how to fix it would be nice. if anymore information is required let me know and i will post it aswell thanks
    Hey, love the mod.

Subscribing to get update as soon as it helps.

Really grateful for the mod.
    Does anyone know if rubber is being introduced in the next update? And if so will it be easier to get a hold of than wool? I've got a project that will require 18 stacks of bundled cable and a stack of each color of insulated wire. I'll download an inventory editor if I have to but that really feels like cheating
    Quote from zachscream

I Know This Isnt Redpower 2 Related But I Really Need Help

i have installed modloadermp and forge the most recent recommended version 46 i think to my server but it wont let me log in it gives me the error message

java exception: string data size of 58720202560 is higher than the max

any help or advice on how to fix it would be nice. if anymore information is required let me know and i will post it aswell thanks

Since you know this isn't RP related, why are you asking here?
    Quote from SquareBoy

Does anyone know if rubber is being introduced in the next update? And if so will it be easier to get a hold of than wool? I've got a project that will require 18 stacks of bundled cable and a stack of each color of insulated wire. I'll download an inventory editor if I have to but that really feels like cheating

You're kidding right? Wool is ridiculously easy to get now. And that's not even using flax.

I've got two stacks of white wool. All from manually harvesting and replanting a whopping 4 flax plots when I go past them. Had I put in some simple automation I'd have chests of the damn stuff.

Though it would be nice if I could use a paintbrush on the wires. *hint* *hint*
    Quote from Sage Harpuia

Only sunlight, or it would be too easy...(use thermophiles if you need Bluetricity underground or in the nether)

Can you put glass over a solar panel? My solar array has been creepered 3 times x.x

Also, is there an ideal setup for thermopiles to produce the most energy? Right now I have an array of 4 with lava underneath each one, surrounded by water.
    Quote from Kyyshrrk

Though it would be nice if I could use a paintbrush on the wires. *hint* *hint*

Instead of painting the wires, maybe use dyed balls of string?
    There is a rare mythical button called "Search" that likes to answer questions; however, due to its nature, it often blends in with its surroundings so as to remain hidden.
    Quote from TheEnlightened

You do realize that Eloraam could add all these the redpower, and it work completely with railcraft right? - railcraft uses forge's extensive minecart hooks, originally from his very own minecart compatibility layer.

I would rather see CovertJaguar add this to RailCraft since odds are he could do it faster since it's in his wheelhouse (pun intended). I'd also much rather see Eloraam focus on the already jammed hitlist of RP2 features rather than adding something someone else could hit.

Just my .02
    Quote from SquareBoy

Next update? No.

pr5? Doubtful.

pr6? Probably; Eloraam's going to do a fair bit of work with the World module there.

And again, you should be able to get plenty of wool from a flax farm, especially if you automate it. Fortunately, Redpower has a number of useful machines that make automated farms very easy.
    Last edited by zero7717: 3/11/2012 10:38:40 PM
    Quote from Degraine
    Ignorance should be remedied, not treated as a mortal sin.
    Quote from bigougit

Can you put glass over a solar panel? My solar array has been creepered 3 times x.x

Yes (screenshot in spoiler):

The greenhouse contains a temporary solar array as well as a small automated cane farm.

The solar array powers the eight way furnace system I built, as well as the fancy sorting setup: see the blog about it.

In other news, I've built a larger version of my compact cobble generator design, tiling the original footprint 3 additional times for 12 block breakers per layer. This generator has 6 layers, that's 72 block breakers in a 7x7 footprint! Behold:

@ Kyyshrrk;
    I've a dyed sheep ranch. Once colored they continue to produce that color.
    Lou
    ?
    Quote from mrbaggins

So if I read the earlier posts right, tubing batteries is a matter of timing, there isn't a way to say "Charge it til it's full" or "pull full batteries only"?

That's right. This is because a retriever with a full battery in it will also pull batteries with a partial charge. However, even if you could, timing it is still more efficient, but only because the charge time is very consistent. If it did pull only charged batteries, then you could have the retriever on a very fast timer, then have that feed into an item detector that is, in turn, connected to the transposer that delivers a new empty battery. There would be more lag here, though, since the full battery will have travel time to the item detector, then the empty battery will add more lag, since it the empty battery will have travel time to the charger (battery box). It wouldn't really matter because the charger can't keep up anyway, but there would also be more minecraft lag due to the fast timer, I think.
    Quote from Stratagerm

Awesome, thanks so much for taking the time to make that post! It's really valuable info.

Yesterday I updated the RedPower wiki entry for the Battery Box with the info I posted, and today I updated it to include your 36 second recharge time measurement. (Still not a fan of wikispaces, but that's another story.)

Cool!

Quote from Stratagerm

It's not really a problem. In fact it might be a feature, because it allows failsoft behavior of a charging system. If a charging station lacks the power to fully charge a battery, it will at least charge them with the power it does have and the batteries will be sent off for use by whatever consumer is exceeding the capacity of the system.

I've thought about this some more and realized that it isn't a problem if the charging system isn't driven too hard and the system turns of a few seconds before daylight is over.

If the system doesn't exchange charged for empty batteries until the chargers internal batteries top off, the only way you'll loose any internal charge is that the system turns off at night with a less than fully charged battery in the box. Even though the system turns off, the internal batteries in the charger will fully finish charging our battery, so it will get pulled first thing in the morning. The problem is that if this occurs on multiple successive nights, the chargers internal batteries will slowly deplete, since the system is timed to exactly replace what was taken from charging a battery, until it slows down from there being no surplus in the charger. The simplest solution is to turn the system off 9 seconds, or a little more, before the solar panels go dead. This will top off the chargers internal battery so everything is perfectly set up for the next day. As it happens, if you use a single timer set to 10 minutes to mark day/night cycle, the system turns off 20+ seconds before the solar panels go dead, which is simple solution, but it does waste a few seconds of charging time. If you wanted it to be optimal, you'd need two timers, one for 20 minutes, and one for slightly longer than 10 minutes to represent the charging day. Mine is using 1 ten minute timer that flips a toggle for night/day, since it's simple and it's not that much waste. If my needs are such that 10 seconds, or so, of lost charging time is breaking the system, then I need another charging station. Of course, there's the perfectionist aspect, which obviously appeals to me, so I may add the other timer at some point, but that's easy.

I was wrong when I said the smelter could generate a partially charged battery. That system is driven by a retriever pulling empties, which does work as you'd expect, always pulling a fully empty battery.

Quote from Stratagerm

And at some point Eloraam may add a sensor or some way to determine the charge level of a battery box. If you know that a batbox has sufficient charge, you know that charging a battery for more than 3 second will fill it.

I can't wait to see what new goodies Eloraam has coming; she'll make me redesign everything, I'm sure. ;-)

Edit: I need to start using MultiQuote. Sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by Apogee137: 3/12/2012 1:46:30 AM
    Do the gates from Buildcraft work with what you guys are trying to do (check for empty batteries etc)?
    Quote from Holty07

Do the gates from Buildcraft work with what you guys are trying to do (check for empty batteries etc)?

No.
    Rule 90: 110 100 011 001
    Quote from Sage Harpuia

Yeah, but the collectors from Equivelant Exchange let ya plonk a glowstone block over it, so...Yeah, if it's good enough for that, I can sorta see where he's coming from.
    Last edited by Rossmallo: 3/12/2012 4:55:53 PM
    Resident Thaumaturge cake-dragon at your service o:
    Quote from Rossmallo

Yeah, but the collectors from Equivelant Exchange let ya plonk a glowstone block over it, so...Yeah, if it's good enough for that, I can sorta see where he's coming from.

You are comparing a magic mod to an industrial mod.
    There is a rare mythical button called "Search" that likes to answer questions; however, due to its nature, it often blends in with its surroundings so as to remain hidden.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes