A video made by Phobic_Bus (available for version 1.6)
How to make beer?
First: Create the scraper
Use it on grass blocks to get seeds of malt
Plant it like you do with wheat seeds
Wait for it to grow
And harvest :biggrin.gif:
You'll obtain malt
Create the bucket of beer:
Then the beer:
Each beer heal you one heart and gives you a mug, then refill your mug with the beer tap !!
You can use a bucket of beer or:
a beer barrel !!
Each barrel will empty itself, so you can refill them
Or make them into some of the iron you used by creating them
And now the vine
Create the vine grows
Plant them and after some days it will look like this
Cut the wood to have other grows and leaves to have grapes, it is too long? Make shears !!
Works only with vine wood and vine leaves
You can make grows with some grapes:
Or create grape juice !!
Is it too long? Make fertilizer:
Act like the bone meal, but only on malt and vine
You don't like grape juice? Make wine !! But first the barrel:
Put the grape juice in the barrel, wait 3 days and you'll have white wine, put it again in the barrel and you'll have red wine after waiting for 2 days !!!
You can also make....champagne, first you need sparkling water
Then sparkling wine
Put the sparkling wine in the barrel and wait !
White wine heals 2
Red wine heals 3
Champagne heals 2.5
Now you can make rice !!!
Rice can be obtained with the scraper but with a lower rate than the seeds of malt, you need to grow rice on a special block created with a spade
You can use it on dirt and grass, but with:
- water next to the dirt/grass block
- if it is not water it can be an other special farmland
- special farmland can't be created/can't stay more than 2 blocks far from water
And spade has a nice effect on blocks composed with dirt
Now grow your rice on this and gather it.
Make Rice porridge
And put it in the barrel, wait 3 days and you get sake !!!
Heals 1.5 hearts
Each thing you drink adds an amount of alcohol:
0.1 for beer, 0.2 for wines and 0.35 for sake.
The actual (and unique) effect is to be ejected in a random direction with a random power proportional to the amount of alcohol you have per cube of blood.
If you reach 3.7, you will die.
You can know how much quantity of alcohol you have by using an alcohol test (balloon type), crafted like this:
- install ModLoader (copy all the files from the .rar to minecraft.jar)
- run Minecraft once
- go to .minecraft/mods folder
- put the mod_beer.zip here, DON'T EXTRACT
- PLAY :smile.gif:
- Fertilizer works weird, the crop/tree won't grow instantly, they need to update a block next to them so for now just put a block next to them
- Possible to be still drunk after dying if you click immediately on the "Respawn" button, just wait two seconds
For future updates
- Add anise and stuff related :biggrin.gif:
- Fix fertilizer bug
- Improve drunk effects
- Add other things
If you've found any bug or lack of English, please report
- Bebedu86 and DreamPolice for most of the textures
The first version of Beer in SMP is here !
It's only for servers running craftbukkit, using the ItemCraft plugin
I tested it with ItemCraft 1.6.3 and CraftBukkit build 953
You also need a special client version of this mod, because there's only beer in this version:
Just install as usual, if there is a problem connecting to the server (black screen then crash), test in solo, if it works, it's because you have mods unused by ItemCraft or the administrator of the server made a mistake
What is in this version:
- Scraper, like in solo, use it on grass to get seeds of malt
- Seeds of malt, obviously
- Malt crop, craft them with one seed of malt, seeds of malt can't plant the crop but placing the block of crop directly on farmlands will work
- When fully grown, seeds of malt and malt are dropped from the crop
- Same way to craft the beer than in the solo
- Beer heal one heart and dropp mug
- Mug can be turned into glass with this recipe: ###
For server administrators, you need the ItemCraft plugin, there's enough help on his topic so I won't detail how to install the plugin:
i love how this is all connected. very complex. have you thought about having a sort of negative affect after drinking more than a certain number?i cant think of one that is easy to do, but it would make since if you added something in. thanks for the mod
You should give it to our server! :smile.gif:, we are an rp server! (they're still in construction) LOTC, but how can you pretend you'r drunk if there's nothing to drink? :wink.gif: could you Please release it? xD