1.7.10 Optimisation

OptiFine HD A4 (FPS Boost, HD Textures, AA, AF and much more)

Poll: FPS increase with OptiFine

FPS increase with OptiFine - Single Choice

• 0% 6.5%
  • 10% 7.1%
  • 25% 9.3%
  • 50% 18%
  • 100% 18%
  • 200%+ 41.1%
    is this compatable with nandonalts seasons mod, shockaAPI, scottools, scottools+shockaAPI merged dq.class, premium wood, mo creatures, more creeps and wierdos, and GUIAPI
    because its not working and I have searched for incompatibility and didnt find anything and my modloader.txt has been reset
    I am using optifine_HD_F
    should I get rid of the mcpatcher stuff
    Quote from HUPROJECT1971

How to you make the custom launcher you talk about in tips and tricks i tried to make a .bat but that didnt work please reply

OK, first, if you couldn't figure out the .bat, a custom launcher is basically a .bat. Also NEVER put please reply. It makes people annoyed.

is this compatable with nandonalts seasons mod, shockaAPI, scottools, scottools+shockaAPI merged dq.class, premium wood, mo creatures, more creeps and wierdos, and GUIAPIbecause its not working and I have searched for incompatibility and didnt find anything and my modloader.txt has been reset
    I am using optifine_HD_F
    should I get rid of the mcpatcher stuff

Ok, it should be compatible, so it is probably mcpatcher. If you checked better grass, that is probably it, because it already has better grass in the mod.
    Am I streaming?
    yep mcpatcher was the prob
    note to everybody dont use mcpatcher with this it just makes it complicated
    and if you have never tried dont use mcpatcher to install mods especially when you have mods it wipes minecraft.jar clean of mods
    Quote from Draktonius853

why are you using mcpatcher? optifine has all the same stuff as mcpatcher, even better grass

People still use it for installing other mods and leaving those three options unchecked so it doesn't install the MCPatcher versions. Just like in the picture that was provided.

~ iiiHuman ~
    Quote from iiiHuman

People still use it for installing other mods and leaving those three options unchecked so it doesn't install the MCPatcher versions. Just like in the picture that was provided.

~ iiiHuman ~

Ah... I personally don't like it, but it is all a matter of prefrence...
    But yeah.
    Dont check any of the default 3 boxes.

Am I streaming?
    Without this mod i can't play minecraft :]
    Hello have been having issues with optifine and the yogbox a few days ago where i tried making some settings to avoid the bigger lag problems i have had as i do love the feel with the full yogbox

i downloaded the dual core optifine and suddenly i had black screens of death when entering worlds it would load and as soon as i saw the sky bam black and i get a java error any wizards around that might be able to exsplain this to me (ahem i am blond and add so please be very thorough)

is it due to me having quad core or is the dual core just not compatible ?

if anyone knows id be very happy to hear a reason for my troubles not sure if i need to add more info to this question
    What to write in a signature that is the question
    Quote from LTK1

I noticed that whenever I was waiting for the world on Farview Normal to finish loading, the FPS and chunk updates would stabilize after everything in the field of view was visible. MTL_F stabilized at 6 chunk updates per frame, F at 3 chunk updates per frame, and MT_E at 10 chunk updates per frame.

The MT version is currently limited to 10 updates per frame. It could probably do more.
    I have not tested how it behaves at higher loads.
    Blackscreened with TooManyItems and Zombes modpack.
    Not worth giving up.. :sad.gif:
    EDIT: Oh, it was just a McPatcher problem. Started over with a fresh jar and re-installed my mods. Worked just fine.
    Now the highest settings gives the same FPS as the lowest settings did before! Thanks! :smile.gif:
    Last edited by DanielW: 8/9/2011 3:56:43 AM
    Quote from sp614x

The MT version is currently limited to 10 updates per frame. It could probably do more.
    I have not tested how it behaves at higher loads.

Hmmm, could you maybe make it so it dynamically adjusts the number of updates per frame based on something like a percentage of how much memory is free on average over the last few seconds? It seems to me that could be very beneficial if you could have a few values do something like that. So, that way, it'd be constantly adjusting for the best performance.

~ iiiHuman ~
    I have a problem with optifine

when i play online it looks like im having earthquakes (minecraft shakes NOT MY COMPUTER) i did change alot of settings to get the best fps for me (tho the "earthquakes" only happen when im on the build world no other worlds get effected by this.

Is there something ive done wrong? i installed modloader first then this and then inventory tweaks (in which i made sure it was compatable)

so any tips? what should i change etc?

:dry.gif: :dry.gif: :dry.gif: :dry.gif: :dry.gif:
    Quote from Draktonius853

why are you using mcpatcher? optifine has all the same stuff as mcpatcher, even better grass

Mcpatcher also acts as a mod patch program which basically installs mods automatically by deleting meta-inf, creating a backup of minecraft.jar and informs you of any issues while patching like mods using the same .class files. And as you can see he unchecked the hd textures feature of the mod.
    Quote from Nomelas

Mcpatcher also acts as a mod patch program which basically installs mods automatically by deleting meta-inf, creating a backup of minecraft.jar and informs you of any issues while patching like mods using the same .class files. And as you can see he unchecked the hd textures feature of the mod.

I don't use the mcpatcher's mod installation feature because I prefer manually installing mods and sometimes mcpatcher shows an incompatibility where there really is none, such as when optifine overwrites one of modloader's class files (I can't remember which) making them compatible
    I would like to use this mod, but even though it says you have the mcpatcher inside it, it doesn't work right. With this mod installed, the sides of my grass stay the default colour and dont change to be biome specific. It looks horrible and tbh I would rather have grass then a small fps boost (what I get).
    Last edited by idavid2b: 8/9/2011 8:09:25 AM
    ]http://i.imgur.com/IWjTF.gif If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.
    I recently installed this mod, its awesome. HD Patcher never seemed to work with my mods and just caused issues. Tried this out, had it before but older versions had issues with different mods I use. Anyhow my reason for writing is to ask if there is any chance/thought of a fix being made or implemented to fix the issues with Superslopes and better blocks. Seems that trying to break a some of the blocks from these 2 mods causes it to crap its self. Hope there is a fix coming to make these more compatible.
    i installed the yogbox, but my minecraft lagged like crazy. i use optimine, up too 40 fps. MANY DIAMONDS FOR U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:
    Please click this. Don't worry, it's not a screamer or any crap like that.
    Quote from idavid2b

I would like to use this mod, but even though it says you have the mcpatcher inside it, it doesn't work right. With this mod installed, the sides of my grass stay the default colour and dont change to be biome specific. It looks horrible and tbh I would rather have grass then a small fps boost (what I get).

on the detail settings menu, change the grass to fancy, and the sidegrass will be biome specific
    Confused:
    Installing OptiFine HD F and then ModLoader isn't working...
    Installing ModLoader and then OptiFine HD F isn't working either...

Edit: Working now. You have to set default texture pack as default, then install Optifine HD F and select your HD pack.
    Last edited by kurtextrem: 8/9/2011 9:16:40 AM
    Soartex' Texture Pack
    Quote from idavid2b

First off, to be specific as there is a difference, the MCPatcher utility is NOT inside the OptiFine Mod. OptiFine has built-in functionality that adds (in addition to extra configuration settings and performance gains etc) support for HD Textures, HD Fonts, and Better Grass just like the MCPatcher. The MCPatcher is not exactly a mod. It is a utility that patches the minecraft.jar file for you and has the ability to add support for those options with what it deems mods that it has included with it. You have a choice whether or not to install those mods included with the MCPatcher. But, you don't want to install those if you're using OptiFine for those options instead.

Secondly, in the Minecraft Options -> Video Settings -> Details section (with OptiFine installed of course), there are two grass settings you need to configure properly. The first one is in the left column fifth one down and is for Better Grass. The second Grass option is in the right column second one down. Settings are as follows:

Options -> Video Settings -> Details:

Better Grass:

• OFF - Default Side Grass Texture (Fastest)
    • FAST - Full Side Grass Texture (Slower)
    • FANCY - Dynamic Side Grass Texture (Slowest)

Grass:

• DEFAULT - As Set By The "Graphics" Setting (in the previous "Video Settings" section)
    • FAST - Lower Quality But Faster (Uses "Default" Side Texture)
    • FANCY - Higher Quality But Slower (Uses "Biome" Side Texture)

Not sure why those settings are separated like that. But, this functionality does work for most people. So, you can't really say it doesn't work. Play around with these settings first and then you can maybe say whether or not these settings work for you.

As for the "Graphics" Setting (in the previous "Video Settings" section as mentioned above), it is meant to change the general "Visual Quality" with the following settings:

Options -> Video Settings:

Graphics (Changes the appearance of clouds, leaves, water, shadows, and grass sides):

• FAST - Lower Quality But Faster
    • FANCY - Higher Quality But Slower

Again, not completely sure why this is in a different section and also on a different settings page.

Suggestion for sp614x: Re-design the settings menus so options like these for Better Grass are grouped better.

NOTE:

If you found this post helpful at all, please click the Green "+" Icon in the lower-right corner of this post. Thank you.

~ iiiHuman ~
    Last edited by ThreeEye: 8/9/2011 9:36:53 AM
    Quote from kurtextrem

Edit: Working now. You have to set default texture pack as default, then install Optifine HD F and select your HD pack.

You always have to install ModLoader before installing other mods.

And, I bet that is why a lot of people have run into a black-screen issue. A lot of those people probably already have their texture pack selected and have maybe been using the MCPatcher previously. After refreshing the minecraft.jar file (which doesn't clear all of the rest of the settings like which texture pack was selected etc), OptiFine gets installed and then that user gets a black screen because they didn't first change to the default texture pack before installing OptiFine.

Maybe something like this should maybe be mentioned in the original post:

To try and prevent a possible "Black Screen" issue, please temporarily revert to using the "Default Texture Pack" (if a different one was being used) before installing OptiFine. You can then once again select that texture pack (or, a different one if you prefer) after installing OptiFine.

~ iiiHuman ~
    Last edited by ThreeEye: 8/9/2011 11:17:41 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes