1.7.10 Optimisation

OptiFine HD A4 (FPS Boost, HD Textures, AA, AF and much more)

Poll: FPS increase with OptiFine

FPS increase with OptiFine - Single Choice

• 0% 6.5%
  • 10% 7.1%
  • 25% 9.3%
  • 50% 18.1%
  • 100% 18%
  • 200%+ 41.1%
    sp614x, I have run into an issue within another mod that optifine seems to cause. Im using Bibliocraft, and if you have seen it, it uses reading glasses. The glasses, if your not sure about this mod sorry if you are, render (not sure if right context here for this) text over items and blocks to say what the item is or other usefull info about the object you are looking at. What Optifine seems to cause is instead of the text appearing over the object its appearing behind the object, so it seems to not show text. Im wondering if this is a conflict with Bibliocraft and optifine options or a hardcoded setting? Also is there a way to fix this without causing too much of an issue??

Im not overly sure if i used the terms correctly im not a Java coder so forgive my ignorance on this.
    when i install optifine my items become invisible, the small images for the items in chest or inventory not the item in my hand. this does not happen with the building blocks but with everything else.
    Quote from ashtreylil

when i install optifine my items become invisible, the small images for the items in chest or inventory not the item in my hand. this does not happen with the building blocks but with everything else.

Might be texturepack related?
    Quote from DarkStormDragon

Might be texturepack related?

Happens with texture packs featuring animated icons mostly. Coupled with optifine, and a mod that loads a few of its own textures and the problem is pretty recreatable.
    Quote from MoonCutter2B

Hope this is a known issue:

- Optifine D2 isn't compatible with Millenaire. Icons in inventory and chests etc are "invisible" at start of game.

Swapping texture pack (regardless of which) restores the icons until next start of game.

Removing Optifine also helps :(

Here is a screenshot : https://dl.dropboxus...14_10.40.56.png

same issue as this post, i am using milleionare and sphax textures.
    Quote from ashtreylil

same issue as this post, i am using milleionare and sphax textures.

Might be something to bring up with the milleionare as well as here
    Hello!

On 1.5.1, with latest Optifine 1.5.1 HD U D1 and Forge 7.7.1.667, all the tools and weapons in hand are looking weird:

Ok so somehow I made it work by setting every setting to the lowest point or off, starting up two or three times and there we go.
    After it worked I set every single option to the highest possible point and I got around 150 FPS, fluctuating to around a 100 FPS under heavy load.

So I though everything was fine and merry, until I decided to restart Minecraft to see if it works.
    Nope, epic start world loading crash again (probably too much load or something?) unfortunately.

It's weird since it's only on startup, I had flown around the world on max settings and it loaded just fine.

Any ideas on how to work around this?
    last OF HDD2 + ICBM no texture NEI
    Quote from DarkStormDragon

Might be something to bring up with the milleionare as well as here

That has been done :)
    Might be best if they all collaborate on this I think.
    Last edited by MoonCutter2B: 5/17/2013 9:01:14 AM
    A.k.a Lionpaw52
    Alright, I found the problem!
    It seems that Mac does not support OpenGL and that I had to turn that off.
    Minecraft runs beautifully again :]
    Quote from SatoAV

Hello!

On 1.5.1, with latest Optifine 1.5.1 HD U D1 and Forge 7.7.1.667, all the tools and weapons in hand are looking weird:

Install last forge or install .672: Changelog: "LexManos: Fix rotation issue with non-block items."
    My password:
    Too late. ):
    Quote from MoonCutter2B

That has been done :)
    Might be best if they all collaborate on this I think.

I sent a PM to the Millenaire author with what I have found so far. It looks like somebody (not OptiFine) is overwriting the items texture sheet with an empty texture with wrong dimensions.
    Quote from o0Julia0o

...a long time ago
    there had been flickering-screen-errors occured, if you haven´t deaktivated Threaded Optimazation. But since some versions of optifine there are no errors anymore. So this info isn´t actual anymore? Or does the performace get better, if i deaktivate the Threaded Optimazation? Its very annoying to disable it all the time only for minecraft. So it there is no screen-flickering i do NOT have to deaktive thredded optimazations?

thx

Julia :)

I still get flickering if I don't disable threaded optimization, latest nVidia drivers, GeForce 650m
    Quote from sp614x

I sent a PM to the Millenaire author with what I have found so far. It looks like somebody (not OptiFine) is overwriting the items texture sheet with an empty texture with wrong dimensions.

Thanks for helping, mate :)
    A.k.a Lionpaw52
    Sp614x, can you change the link for the latest java build (in the tips and tricks section) to https://jdk8.java.net/download.html ?
    I think java 8 builds are better than the 7, is that true?
    I'm going to assume this isn't compatible with forge?
    Quote from IStoleThePies

I'm going to assume this isn't compatible with forge?

And you would be wrong.
    Quote from sp614x

And you would be wrong.

Really? It wouldn't work. Not only that, but since it doesn't say that it is compatible with forge on the features of D2, I thought for sure that was the problem.
    Magic Launcher says this isn't compatible with the latest forge...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes