1.7.10 Optimisation

OptiFine HD A4 (FPS Boost, HD Textures, AA, AF and much more)

Poll: FPS increase with OptiFine

FPS increase with OptiFine - Single Choice

• 0% 6.5%
  • 10% 7.1%
  • 25% 9.3%
  • 50% 18.1%
  • 100% 18%
  • 200%+ 41.1%
    Happy Birthday Optifine! Best game improvement mod EVAR!
    Happy Birthday Optifine!

Click on the achievement to find out how.
    AWWWW YEAHH!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY OPTIFINE! CHEERS TO THE BEST MOD EVER!

To think that this simple mod just reduces lag and that's it. It's amazing how good it is for being so small. You deserve a happy birthday!

Happy Birthday! Hope you live on for a really long time!
    I couldn't use some of my favorite texture packs without OptiFine. Kind of weird, I mean, MY birthday is coming up. :D Happy Birthday, OptiFIne!
    Happy birthday Optifine! (And only a few days before mine!)
    Haha I saw Happy Birthday, OptiFine on the Minecraft splash XD
    Happy B-Day Optifine!!!! Your a life saver for people like us who have ­ty computers *or have a nice computer and want there minecraft to run on fancy without blowing up* this is all and all one of the best mods for minecraft out there!!
    Minecraft is awesome but the more powerful god is not Notch it's the creator of valve
    Happy 2nd birthday. by far my favourite mod. I had to donate because i love it so much! keep up the awsome work
    Quote from MushroomNinja

Hat tip to Mojang for recognizing the best mod EVER!
    i completely agree
    Oof, happy birthday, but B3 is... Well... I don't know what happened. I went from a constant and smooth 65 FPS to a stuttering and ever-changing range of 20-35 FPS.
    Quote from eccentricnz

I'm having huge issues with Optifine on my Mac.

Using any release of Optifine for 1.5.1, MagicLauncher, with or without Forge ModLoader, default texture pack or custom, it doesn't matter. Minecraft will run at 80-150 FPS for about one second and then it locks up and drops immediately to 0 FPS, 0 chunk updates, sometimes it unlocks for a second or two, but mostly it's just one loooong lag spike. CPU drops dramatically when the lag occurs - it seems to just stop processing any data. Minecraft runs fine without Optifine.

Any help / tips would be appreciated

MacBook Pro 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo
    8GB RAM
    Mac OS 10.8.3

Having the same issue, anyone found a fix? :(

Macbook pro retina display
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 650m
    Intel quad core I7 2.7GHz
    Last edited by NewBreedGaming: 4/8/2013 8:26:03 PM
    Are there any public tools that can convert pre 1.5 CTM files to the new format?
    I can confirm that Optifine + the latest Forge is completely borked. Missing textures in many mods and occasional OpenAL / GL crashes. And unfortunately many mods are now requiring the latest forge builds because there were some major changes.

Hopefully sp614x can follow suit soon.
    Last edited by DraxisWuf: 4/8/2013 8:45:36 PM
    Happy birthday, Optifine! May you continue longer and make more slow computers less laggy. :steve_joyous:
    Quote from NewBreedGaming
    Having the same issue, anyone found a fix? :( Macbook pro retina display 16GB RAM Nvidia Geforce 650m Intel quad core I7 2.7GHz

I'm running Optifine on a 2007 iMac with an ATI Radeon HD 2600. I have no issues and I've better FPS than with the vanilla client.

However, I just played Minecraft on a friend's iMac. It's the latest model, 8 GB RAM 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX, Quad core i7, Fusion Drive (Hybrid SSD/HDD) 2560x1440 27 inch screen. That thing runs Starcraft 2 on Ultra at 80 FPS in native resolution. But it has the same issue as previously described, 1-2 seconds of screen updates then 10-20 seconds of freezing. No setting can make it work, the only option is running the vanilla client.

Happy birthday BTW.
    Happy Birthday!!!!! you have greatly improved my minecraft experience.
    Happy Birthday Optfine, Live long and stay active. Thanks for make MineCraft a better experience for me and the community.
    please please please update it to work with Anti Alaising and AF , really dont know why they are not working in the latest version. please update that soon thanks.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY OPTIFINE! Here's a pair of butter pants: :GPANTS: and a diamond: :Diamond: And a Budder apple: :-(o):
    Quote from NewBreedGaming

Having the same issue, anyone found a fix? :(

Macbook pro retina display
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 650m
    Intel quad core I7 2.7GHz

Quote from lavadrop

I'm running Optifine on a 2007 iMac with an ATI Radeon HD 2600. I have no issues and I've better FPS than with the vanilla client.

However, I just played Minecraft on a friend's iMac. It's the latest model, 8 GB RAM 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX, Quad core i7, Fusion Drive (Hybrid SSD/HDD) 2560x1440 27 inch screen. That thing runs Starcraft 2 on Ultra at 80 FPS in native resolution. But it has the same issue as previously described, 1-2 seconds of screen updates then 10-20 seconds of freezing. No setting can make it work, the only option is running the vanilla client.

Happy to report that my issues have been resolved with the latest version - OptiFine HD B3 Ultra seems to be running as normal - using Forge build #608 as recommended. Can now play on Fancy and Normal view distance :)
    Last edited by eccentricnz: 4/8/2013 10:18:29 PM
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
    Happy birthday!
    The cake isn't a lie!
    Thanks for being there,
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes