1.7.10 Optimisation

OptiFine HD A4 (FPS Boost, HD Textures, AA, AF and much more)

Poll: FPS increase with OptiFine

FPS increase with OptiFine - Single Choice

• 0% 6.5%
  • 10% 7.1%
  • 25% 9.3%
  • 50% 18%
  • 100% 18%
  • 200%+ 41.1%
    is it me or does this make my minecraft 10 fps slower?
    i get 60 - 70 fps at average with optifine i get 50
    Last edited by TheFireRodan: 1/5/2013 3:29:45 PM
    Quote from techmach

Have you checked if you have connected textures enabled?
    If yes, the most likely reason is that your texture pack above does not support connected textures.

It's not the texture pack, I tried using Fast and Fancy Connected Textures with several Textures Packs, including the Default on, and they don't work. :/
    I can't drag and drop the Optifine files into Minecraft.jar because it's being used by another process even though Minecraft is closed. How am I gonna put Optifine into Minecraft?
    I haven't had much help from Optifine since the most recent Minecraft update (1.4.6). Why is this? Will it help even more with 1.5 once it's out?
    Quote from Minecraftdude748

I can't drag and drop the Optifine files into Minecraft.jar because it's being used by another process even though Minecraft is closed. How am I gonna put Optifine into Minecraft?

Go to task manager and end javaw.exe. Works all the time for me.

Quote from Jezh42

if i donate can i change the colour of the cape thx

Yes and no you can change it when you're donating but after you already donate you can't change it.
    Quote from Retarded_Pig

Go to task manager and end javaw.exe. Works all the time for me.

Thanks. I got it to work.
    Last edited by Minecraftdude748: 1/5/2013 6:37:10 PM
    Can't find where to delete this O_* my problem was solved tho
    Last edited by MCBlitson: 1/5/2013 8:03:46 PM
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/20130106000258.png/ Hey, i'm having this weird trouble with optifine. I believe it all started when I pressed f3+a and reloaded all chunks in the world, i've tried to reinstall minecraft,java,optifine(Its fine without optifine btw) I even reformatted my cpu. Here what triggers it, when I change anything that has to do with chunks it bugs out like this, I re open the save to fix this problem, changing render distance, smooth lighting anything that affects rendering of some sort will make it bug out like this. I'm running opfine light so threaded optimization isn't needed to be turned off. Help will be appreciated (:
    If you absolutely want MCPatcher:: For HD Textures or RandomMobs install OptiFine without the "avf.class" (mipmaps and fog distance will not be active). For HD fonts install without the "aov.class". For BetterGrass install without "avg.class" (a lot of features will not be active).
    Arg None of those files exist anymore. that was completely unhelpful.

I want to be able to use the compass needle and that needs the HD texture install from mcpatcher lol :/
    my pack really needs optifine for the fps rates and multi core. otherwise 512 is just a lag festival.

So now if anyone finds out which file(s) I need to delete to keep optifine and Mcpatcher from black screen so I can use Mcpatcher HD textures (includes the compass) Let me know! D:
    Quote from Slye_Fox

I'm having problems getting a custom animation to play.
    insomniac_lemon was a great help and found the animation works in MCPatcher, but not Optifine.

Here's the two files I put in the /anim folder: Link

Any help would be much appreciated.

bump
    I've installed optifine and all is working well but the sides of almost all of my dirt blocks exposed to surface are white no matter what texture pack I try to use.
    how do I download this?
    I don't know why but my connected textures are on fancy but wont work. Everytime I get out of minecraft and login again it sets my render distance to Far +176 when I had it on Normal +64
    yare yare daze
    Quote from Skyrocket_moon

If you absolutely want MCPatcher:: For HD Textures or RandomMobs install OptiFine without the "avf.class" (mipmaps and fog distance will not be active). For HD fonts install without the "aov.class". For BetterGrass install without "avg.class" (a lot of features will not be active).
    Arg None of those files exist anymore. that was completely unhelpful.

Why would you ever want to use both Optifine and MCPatcher?
    Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines, Terraria
    Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath, Spelunky

Currently playing: None
    Quote from WaterTipper

Why would you ever want to use both Optifine and MCPatcher?

Seems people want MCPatcher for better glass.
    I've been having some peculiar behaviour with my mod chests lately, then I checked out the mod and this message is for you Optifine creator :)

OPTIFINE USERS BEWARE: The vanilla->ironchest upgraders will crash your client. Chests MAY spin wildly. Neither of these problems is a problem with IronChest. It is a problem with optifine- he is doing strange things to the world renderer and breaking stuff badly, not just for this mod but for ALL forge mods. Either: accept the weirdness or stop using optifine or tell sp614x to fix his stuff.

Also on a potentially related note I keep getting enormous gaps in my chunk loading that require me to reload the world.
    Quote from kyle_will_eat_u

Hi I'm having a problem with the optifine connected textures can someone please tell me that I can do to fix this problem

I install by drag and drop optifine files into minecraft.jar and delete the mojang files in META folder and then start the game.

Texture pack supports connected textures [Ovo's rustic redemption]

Update now using magic launcher and still does not work

This is a screen shot with mcpatcher

Still wanting a response Thanks.
    Quote from Xtra

http://imageshack.us...0106000258.png/ Hey, i'm having this weird trouble with optifine. I believe it all started when I pressed f3+a and reloaded all chunks in the world, i've tried to reinstall minecraft,java,optifine(Its fine without optifine btw) I even reformatted my cpu. Here what triggers it, when I change anything that has to do with chunks it bugs out like this, I re open the save to fix this problem, changing render distance, smooth lighting anything that affects rendering of some sort will make it bug out like this. I'm running opfine light so threaded optimization isn't needed to be turned off. Help will be appreciated (:
    Any help? :(
    I'm getting more lag with Optifine Ultra A3 than without it. Is there a reason as to why that is?

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes