1.7.2 SMP SSP

Millénaire - NPC village - New: Byzantines (5.2: Stable release for MC 1.7.2)

I have a question.

A creeper blew up a small chunk of my town hall, and the villagers, despite having the resources to fix it, wouldn't work on it. I patched it back to normal using my own cobble and wood, but now they won't work on the town hall at all. They also have a sign saying a fort is under construction, but absolutely no work has been done on it despite tons of cobble and stone being donated. They seem to be gathering wood, but stalling on building.
    Is this normal? Anything I can do?

Do they EVER repair buildings?
    0.1.2 village.
    Sometimes, when no one is watching..
    I dig straight down.
    How do you use the custom building thing.
    Nice mod(Worked for me on ModLoader v5 with a lot of mods (industrial craft, pistons, portalgun, few more). Some thoughts:

1.Pathfiding needs some more work, a lot of time villagers are swirling arond to finally jump to destination (while upgrading buildings for example) and they seam to stuck on corners (sort of like native mobs does).
    2.In the folder with building plans there is an svn folder, You might want to remoe it in future releases. I now know your repository adress (still needs auth so i think it is safe, but you get the picture. What is more funny my Tortoise svn indicates that many files are not up to date in repo XD)
    3.Had to delete my first world generated using this mod, because village spawned in the middle of the mountain and pathfiding killed my FPS (second village seems to be working well.
    4.You might wont to rethink (or at least explain) trading a little cos it took me a while to figure it out.

Overal: Defenately bookmarking and will check back later cos it is good mod already and adds to minecraft one more thing that we all want variety. Keep it up.

Edit, if you would explain the building plans format a little i am sure people would give you plenty fo good designs to use with your mod:)
    Good! Thx
    Since everyone was having trouble installing it I made a video on how to.
    First of all, this mod is truly AMAZING. I have hit a minor buggy thingie though:

The two women on the first village I found (the only one for now) spawned inside chests:

Quote from Thorinbur »
    Nice mod(Worked for me on ModLoader v5 with a lot of mods (industrial craft, pistons, portalgun, few more). Some thoughts:

1.Pathfiding needs some more work, a lot of time villagers are swirling arond to finally jump to destination (while upgrading buildings for example) and they seam to stuck on corners (sort of like native mobs does).
    2.In the folder with building plans there is an svn folder, You might want to remoe it in future releases. I now know your repository adress (still needs auth so i think it is safe, but you get the picture. What is more funny my Tortoise svn indicates that many files are not up to date in repo XD)
    3.Had to delete my first world generated using this mod, because village spawned in the middle of the mountain and pathfiding killed my FPS (second village seems to be working well.
    4.You might wont to rethink (or at least explain) trading a little cos it took me a while to figure it out.

Overal: Defenately bookmarking and will check back later cos it is good mod already and adds to minecraft one more thing that we all want variety. Keep it up.

Edit, if you would explain the building plans format a little i am sure people would give you plenty fo good designs to use with your mod:)

1: Both of those are not due to my pathfinding itself, but to its interaction with the built-in entity movement. I'm really not sure of how to fix it to be honest. The "jump" is a workaround I put in place, it's not very elegant but the best I can do for now.
    2: Good point, I should indeed have removed that.
    3: I have ideas on how to prevent the pathfinding from going mad in difficult areas, I'll see if they help. Also, I'm planning on doing extra checks when generating villages to avoid areas which are too hilly (currently, it simply check there is enough room for the starting buildings, but not that they are reachable one from the other)
    4: It's explained in my first post - still confusing you think?

Oh, and I'll publish a small guide on making new buildings soon. It's not very complicated, and in fact I think people should be able to figure it out by looking at a simple building like the fountain, but still :wink.gif:

You are welcome to PM-me, but I'm unable to reply to everyone. Vous pouvez m'envoyer un MP, mais je ne peux pas répondre à tous. आप मुझसे संपर्क कर सकते हैं, लेकिन मैं हर मेल का जवाब नहीं दे सकता.
    Quote from caDe »
    I have a question.

A creeper blew up a small chunk of my town hall, and the villagers, despite having the resources to fix it, wouldn't work on it. I patched it back to normal using my own cobble and wood, but now they won't work on the town hall at all. They also have a sign saying a fort is under construction, but absolutely no work has been done on it despite tons of cobble and stone being donated. They seem to be gathering wood, but stalling on building.

0.1.2 village.

No, they don't repair buildings, at least not currently. I might add that in the future, don't know. Also, if the explosion destroyed the "master" chest in the Town Hall (the one below the signs), the village is dead. I suppose I should make it as tough as obsidian to ensure it doesn't get destroyed by anything else than the player.

You are welcome to PM-me, but I'm unable to reply to everyone. Vous pouvez m'envoyer un MP, mais je ne peux pas répondre à tous. आप मुझसे संपर्क कर सकते हैं, लेकिन मैं हर मेल का जवाब नहीं दे सकता.
    First thing I must say: Good sir! Your mod is fantastic! Really Awesome! :smile.gif:

And after roughly reading through from first page to page 10, I found many people really have the intense thirst to pillage innocent village like Viking. xD Well, I guess after having suffered from so many bloody creepers' assault to their home, so by using this mod, people finally could find some way to let out their emotion which have accumulated for a long time. :3 (No offense, just kidding.)

Please allow me to indicate some compatibility report here:
    This mod is not compatible with mine colony in this version 0.1.2 ! To every one, do not try to install them both in your jar, or you would get following situation:

1.There would be houses generated in the worlds, but there would be no NPC spawning.

2. Millénaire's farmer use "Farmer.png", but mine colony's use "farmer.png"; if you installed them both, mine colony's farmer would become transparent like following picture showed.

And once again, thanks for your awesome mod! Good job! :iapprove: :Diamond:

日本の平安を祈ります。
    Hey, Love this mod so far. it's cool finding little villages and trading with them, especialy cider that comes in handy when exploring. My only problem is that in the new 1.2 update the villages are a little too numerous. I started 2 new worlds and in each I am finding a village nearly every 75 blocks. From the one village I have been trying to expand I can see 4 others with far render distance, which seems a little excessive.

Besides that I am really loving this mod, so keep up the good work.

By the word of Notch, may Hell lay a curse on thou miner, upon which many creepers shall befall. Ghasts will terrorize thee and destroy thou's hard work.
    -Chris The Mushroom
    A short explanation on how to add buildings would be great, its a bit confusing right now. And i guess there are no way to use materials thats not already used?

Edit: Whats needed most is a list of what letter is what material, and what the parameters in the beginning do.
    nice

A found a fix for pathing issue

:Flint: Ok first off, close minecraft.
    :GP: Open Millenere.txt, and figure out what person(s) are stuck.
    :Coal: Delete millenere.txt
    :Iron: Open minecraft, go to that world.
    :GoldBar: Press Esc to let ground render
    :Diamond: Now you should have some non-lag spikes, using that time, move over to the difficult terrain and make it navigational.
    :Notch: Your lag should stop as they step into house.
    Click!
    looks cool might get note:read sig plz
    Not much to put here.......
    Milk
    Quote from Kinniken »
    Quote from caDe »
    I have a question.

0.1.2 village.

No, they don't repair buildings, at least not currently. I might add that in the future, don't know. Also, if the explosion destroyed the "master" chest in the Town Hall (the one below the signs), the village is dead. I suppose I should make it as tough as obsidian to ensure it doesn't get destroyed by anything else than the player.

It'd be cool if they did but not a necessity.

It didn't destroy any chests, luckily, just some cobble and wood.
    Sometimes, when no one is watching..
    I dig straight down.
    Quote from Kinniken »
    Quote from Thorinbur »

1.Pathfiding needs some more work [...]
    2.In the folder with building plans there is an svn folder, [...]
    3.[...] village spawned in the middle of the mountain and pathfiding killed my FPS[...]
    4.[...] rethink (or at least explain) trading a little [...].

[...]

1: Both of those are not due to my pathfinding itself, but to its interaction with the built-in entity movement. I'm really not sure of how to fix it to be honest. The "jump" is a workaround I put in place, it's not very elegant but the best I can do for now.

Thats what i thought cos minecraft mobs acts the same.
    Quote from Kinniken »

2: Good point, I should indeed have removed that.

:smile.gif:
    Quote from Kinniken »

3: I have ideas on how to prevent the pathfinding from going mad in difficult areas, I'll see if they help. Also, I'm planning on doing extra checks when generating villages to avoid areas which are too hilly (currently, it simply check there is enough room for the starting buildings, but not that they are reachable one from the other)

Good idea maybe make villagers to create some roads between buildings so even when there are some holes in the ground and other obstacle they will create connection. This should also ease pathfiding.
    Quote from Kinniken »

4: It's explained in my first post - still confusing you think?

Sorry i was so eager to test it did not fully read it. My mistake. One thing annoying thou is waiting for transfer to end. It's too slow, maybe make it go faster over time (the longer you hold the faster it trades, so it will allow you to both sell small controled ammounts and will decrease waiting time (transfering 1000 cobbestone is boooring).

Quote from Kinniken »

Oh, and I'll publish a small guide on making new buildings soon. It's not very complicated, and in fact I think people should be able to figure it out by looking at a simple building like the fountain, but still :wink.gif:

I know it is simple enouth but i dont want to break my save making a mistake.
    bookmarked! this is awesome, you should do updates
    Okay, well that was an intresting incompatibility. Added this mod to some of the others I was running, Industrialcraft 4.0, automatic workbenches, a number of others. One of them is the Ultimate Fist 4.2 I use for clearing large areas to build in. Went to sell some wood to a town and I was paid in Ultimate fist. Which didn't stack. Removing Ultimate fist for now which should fix the problem. Though I may need to start a new world.

Also you might look into something like this for your trade system. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=160891 Think the author has pretty much stopped working on his mods and his sig gives permission to use his code.

Edited to fix a typo.
    Edited agian to add a suggestion.
    one word, YES!
    Yet the best mod I ever installed
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes