[1.7.10] Dynamic Lights - handheld torches, moving lightsources

Quote from DiEvAl

Both this mod and my mod edit AxisAlignedBB. Because of this our mods are incompatible. My mod only changes constructor from private to protected. Can you please put this into your mod to make our mods compatible?

EDIT: I looked at your source. :blink.gif: Why do you need to edit AxisAlignedBB? Why don't you put that code into mod_dynamiclights.onTickInGame()?

OnTickIngame does not reliably run every frame.

? Why dont you use reflection then to get your data ? Modloader.getPrivate...

Quote from Razumen

I have this problem too, the mod proved so unreliable I just uninstalled it.

Basically it didn't seem to work at all sometimes, and when it did work and you moved to a new chunk the light would be 'left behind' in the previous chunk and would take awhile to update in the next. Eventually you'd have a bunch of chunks with invisible light sources in them until the game updated and removed them. I'll try and get some screenshots later if you need me to to clarify this.

It's something i am aware of but cannot change for the moment.

Quote from Furious1964

I have a problem and I was wondering if you can look into it. When I installed the Zeppelin mod, the game crashed. After testing the mods one at a time, I narrowed down the problam to an incompatibility between Dynamic Lights and Zeppelin.

Here is the crash report:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: rp.getAvgFrameTime()J

The error with Editable signs is not causing the crash as the game ran normally with all mods except your. Editable Signs problem is that the sign post is missing, the modder is aware of the problem, but the game still works. I was wondering if you can take a look into this and offer a fix for the problem.

Thanks in advance.

The modded AxisAlignedBB is not installed.

EDIT:

Before you ask, yes i tried without the frameTime limits in AxisAlignedBB and RenderGlobal and its a lagfest even on my powerful computer. So that's not happening.
    Last edited by AtomicStryker: 9/22/2011 4:03:20 AM
    Quote from AtomicStryker

The modded AxisAlignedBB is not installed.

Is that another mod? Where do I get that?
    Life is a Learning Curve....
    Unfortunately, you're stuck on the bottom...amongst the bones of the stupid.
    Its 'rp.class' included in Dynamic Lights downloads
    Quote from AtomicStryker

Its 'rp.class' included in Dynamic Lights downloads

Would it be possible to fix this?
    Yes, by PUTTING IT IN YOUR FREAKIN JAR
    Quote from AtomicStryker

OnTickIngame does not reliably run every frame.

? Why dont you use reflection then to get your data ? Modloader.getPrivate...

Because it gets a field, and I need a constructor.

BTW, Furious1964 and I are talking about the same mod.
    • 1) You are on the internet.
    • 2) You are on minecraftforum.net.
    • 3) You are reading DiEvAl's sig.
    • 5) You didn't notice that there is no 4.
    • 6) You just checked it.
    Quote from AtomicStryker

Yes, by PUTTING IT IN YOUR FREAKIN JAR

Don't want to get you angry and I'm sorry to bother you, but it already was in the .jar file. I did everything your instructions said. It's just that these two mods don't work together.

Sorry to edit this, but probably a merged rp.class would fix it. And I know you have your hands busy what with 1.9pr out and all, so I can wait.
    Last edited by Furious1964: 9/22/2011 4:13:12 PM
    This is actually quite nice; it just lags my computer A LOT when I try and use it.
    "Don't stop what you love doing in life until you are forced to stop." - Dinosaur de Lunae
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Quote from Alcosaurous

This is actually quite nice; it just lags my computer A LOT when I try and use it.

See if the Lag Spike of Death Fix by the creators of Optifine can fix your lag with Dynamic Lights.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-173-optifine-hd-g-fps-boost/
    arrggg i'm BLINDED!
    [+Rep me if I helped please!][TF2, CS:GO, CS:S, L4D2, Battlefield 3, and more!]
    Check out darklygaming.com, Canada's largest and best gaming community.
    Cool mod but I get some serious screen tearing when I try to use Soarex's pack
    Is there any possible way to edit the code easily so that the light in your hand burns out after a given time and it consumes the item? I absolutely need a feature like this for my horror map im making.
    Well a timer already exists for dropped items. Use it on held items, and make a function that either decreases quantity of held items by 1 or removes the item from your hands.
    Last question: is it possible to make a merged rp.class file so I can get both Dynamic Lights and Zeppelin to work together? Currently, I'm not using Dynamic Lights because of this. Your mod is the greatest and allowed me to see in the dark without cheating.
    Quote from Furious1964

Last question: is it possible to make a merged rp.class file so I can get both Dynamic Lights and Zeppelin to work together? Currently, I'm not using Dynamic Lights because of this. Your mod is the greatest and allowed me to see in the dark without cheating.

If you had asked that in the first place you would have saved us both a lot of time. Added merged file for Zeppelin mod
    Quote from AtomicStryker

If you had asked that in the first place you would have saved us both a lot of time. Added merged file for Zeppelin mod

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I take back all the nasty thi....oops, I mean it works, Sir. Thanks you very much.
    Your mod isn't working at all for me, I put everything from the compiled folder intot he jar and the configfile into the .minecraft.
    Got a problem? Magma. Problem persists? More magma.
    Problem still there? Even more magma.
    could you port it to minecraftForgeAPI (http://www.minecraft...inecraft-forge/)
    because it is conflicting with cv.class from there, and that API makes sprites unlimited (and many other things) what is a requirement to my endless wanting for more mods :biggrin.gif:

also do you think the terrain light up could work in a background thread?
    I try to void using torches in hand because it gets too laggy,
    I promptly drop and switch to sword (zombe wield mod) otherwise I cant fight..

thx!! :biggrin.gif:
    Last edited by gussak: 9/24/2011 6:37:00 PM
    Ok.. but rather place torches down..

But I like the holding torches starting light. :iapprove:
    Quote from gussak

could you port it to minecraftForgeAPI (http://www.minecraft...inecraft-forge/)
    because it is conflicting with cv.class from there, and that API makes sprites unlimited (and many other things) what is a requirement to my endless wanting for more mods :biggrin.gif:

also do you think the terrain light up could work in a background thread?
    I try to void using torches in hand because it gets too laggy,
    I promptly drop and switch to sword (zombe wield mod) otherwise I cant fight..

thx!! :biggrin.gif:

He already made a merged file for 1.0.6 so just use that
    Last edited by BloodyRain2k: 9/24/2011 11:58:00 PM
    Quote from Eloraam
    Logs or it didn't happen.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes